- Text Size +

In this chapter:  Ana has an unaware brush with microscopic disaster as she goes about her morning routine.

 

Day 2 – Anastazja - 6:45am

Ana woke up to her phone vibrating on her pillow, she set an alarm for herself because she liked to get up early, make breakfast, and go on a run most days.  She pulled off her comforter revealing her tall slender body to herself in nothing but blue panties.  The soft glow of a rising sun dimly lit the room and her body.  She hated sleeping in her bra since her size DD breasts felt trapped at night.  She looked across her body at her size 10 feet with slightly chipped baby blue nail polish, she was going to have to remember to repaint them later.  She spent a few minutes on her phone replying to people back home, the time difference made it difficult to do so. 

Ana yawned and stretched her body then sat up on her bed, she brushed her auburn hair back behind her ears and brought down her soft feet on the carpet a few inches from her rug.  She curled her toes and rubbed them forward across the carpet and onto the edge of the rug, she liked how it felt under her soles, she noticed that the rug looked like it had greenish brown moss of some sort on it but brushed it out of her thoughts thinking it was just the lighting of room in the early morning, or some dust she forgot to vacuum. 

She stood up to her full height of 6’1” and walked over to her closet, stepping over the corner of the rug that lays between her bed and bathroom.  Ana put on a sports bra, socks, her blue Nike trainers, a low-cut black tank top, and white athletic shorts.  Ana stood by the edge of the rug and stretched on her tip toes raising her heels up and yawning once more, she brought her heels back down trying to not wake anyone up.  She grabbed her phone and earbuds and left, locking her door behind her.

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

Day 2 – Baleares – Unknown time, unknown location

Like the 3.7 million people of Ashton City experienced, Beleares went through it too, only Beleares wasn’t just a city.  It was an entire state with multiple cities, towns, lakes, forests, and mountains.  The population was just under 38 million across the vast territory.  After the enveloping grey clouds disappeared and the territory settled in a new dark environment, those that lived on smaller towns bordering where the grey clouds started could see a dark white flatness that stretched out for miles and miles, almost like a salt flat desert. 

The air was a bit colder, but it felt stale and different.  People off in the distances of the larger cities could see the lights exuding off the skyscrapers, people that were moments ago running for their lives in any direction started to calm down as they looked at the sky and realized there were no stars or clouds anymore. The military was flying all over the state trying to gain intelligence, the ground forces returned people to their homes and set up guards outside the major cities and towns as to reduce panic and fear. 

A few hours passed and a soft yellow light started to reveal Beleares and its beautiful landscape, the light cascaded over the mountains and lakes.  People that were awake started to see different structures off hundreds of miles in the distance, they were bigger than any mountain and any building, they seemed to be connected to other structures and went beyond their field of vision hundreds of miles into the new sky.  Suddenly there was a feint buzzing noise that echoed across most of Beleares, it was loud enough to wake everyone up and set the military on high alert.  Helicopters and planes were still flying in-between cities during the buzz.  Then they heard a low screeching noise, it shook towns and cities that were close to the edge of the desert by these tall brown structures in the distance.  The screech ended in a high-pitched squeak and was over.  People started rushing out of their homes again and ignoring the military.

That’s when everything changed.  Miles above, two monstrous fleshly objects, miles long each started to descend downward to the edge of the desert. The fleshly beings settled with a large tremor that shook for miles in every direction, a few weak and historical structures collapsed in the border towns, other people fell down after losing their balance from the earthquake. 

 

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

Day 2 – Braidwood – Beleares, moments after the earthquake. 

Abby awoke to the sounds of her large town in panic, Braidwood was on the border of the desert and had a population of around 320,000 people.  Abby lived in one of the taller buildings in the downtown area and was an excited young woman who was eager to start her new job in advertising, she groggily looked out of her window to see the landscape turn from lush forests on the outskirts of the town to a white desert leading for miles into some kind of pinkish mountain range.  Before she could react, the pinkish structures curled menacingly downward revealing a baby blue wall that took up their entire skyline.  It stared to move towards Braidwood at speeds faster than anything these people have seen; it was a baby blue tidal wave.  Abby could hear the earth in the distance being ripped apart, she heard thousands of trees being plowed through like it was an act of a deity.  She looked out further and saw more pink fleshy structures with the same type of blue substance, one in particular had open spaces revealing a clearer material. 

Abby realized that they were massive toes...  and these toes were thousands of feet tall towering over everything in their world.  This was the apocalypse for her, and a goddess was about to end her life.  She saw the middle toe of this giant fleshly being make contact with the outskirts of Braidwood, Abby was glued to her window unable to move out of sheer fear.  The shrieks of terror got worse.  In an instant the toenail dug through the earth and barreled through Braidwood, killing 318,000 people in an incredible display of oblivious power.  The toes rolled over everything in its path, flattening people trying to run into less than dusty red marks on her skin, cars carrying families were pulverized into a micro singularity as the overwhelming weight of the soft flesh brushed over them.  The 2,000 or so survivors witnessed the soles of the massive flesh pass over them blocking out the yellowish light from above, for now they were thankful it was over.  

The noise of earth being rendered got louder again as the massive fleshy being came back over, it was dropping debris and mangled messes that were formerly people over the gouged-out area of earth that used to be Braidwood.  Nobody survived.  Those in the closest city to Braidwood could see it all unfold from a few miles away, feeling many of the earth-shaking movements, they looked up and saw a woman’s legs attached to the feet that killed hundreds of thousands, and they seemed to go up for ever until the citizens vision got blurry. 

The terror the people of Beleares felt when the legs and feet passed over them, spanning dozens of miles just to land on the other side of the desert.  The people got vertigo as they attempted to look up at the dark red-haired colossus.  They saw her gigantic breasts bounce with each tiny movement.  As the surrealism slowly died off and the people actually realized that this was happening, they saw the woman stand on her tip toes. Most of the people just saw a large white swoosh with blue accents, the shoes lowered again by the heel creating another soft earthquake causing weaker buildings on the other side of the desert to collapse.  Those in the highest planes and helicopters realized this was a bedroom, and it wasn’t a desert.  It was a rug.  They witnessed the goddess disappear behind a corner and felt the aftershocks of each of her footfalls.  The audible noise of a door closing gave much respite for Beleares for the time being.   

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

Day 2 – Anastazja – 7:02 am

Anastazja closed her door as quietly as possible, she liked to be alone in the mornings.  She treaded carefully to the kitchen.  She unknowingly crushed a few dozen cars that got transported off a highway somewhere in the universe to the wood flooring of the young women’s apartment, dozens of people died as they watched a black treaded under sole descend upon them in near slow motion. She felt the faintest crunch under the toes where the broken metal and remains of people became embedded in the grips of her soles, she didn’t really care though, and Ana just wanted breakfast. 

She walked into the small kitchen and sat her iPhone down on the counter, what she didn’t see in the dim lighting was that she placed her phone on a crowd of specks that gathered for safety during the events last night.  The 50 or so people were now just a wet red stain on her phone screen.  Ana fished out a carton of eggs out of the fridge, she turned on the small kitchen light and removed a small frying pan from a drawer below the electric stove.  It took her eyes a moment to adjust to the fluorescent light, she reached out her hand to turn on the stove, but she noticed a group of white specks on top of the burner.  They appeared to be in a miniature circle less than half an inch in diameter.  She twisted the knob on the burner and saw the red light activate under the white specks.  A few seconds later she carefully placed the frying pan on top of the now scolding hot burner.

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

They arranged the circle of planes over night, it took a while to coordinate them properly, an entire row of airplanes from a busy airport packed with passengers suddenly transported to an all-black and space like surface.  They collectively decided to wait for rescue as they sent out distress signals, their idea was that a circle would be easy to spot from a search plane.  Hours later they heard loud booms and felt small tremors.  The passengers woke up from a light sleep to see a bright white light.  Other passengers saw a massive black object moving in the distance about a mile wide.  People tried to look up from under the windows to see a beautiful young woman unexplainably massive.  Her deep green eyes seemed to be looking right at them.  Suddenly it got hot.  Within seconds people literally started to burn alive. They were in panic trying to run anywhere as their skin began to blister.   The blood-curdling screams seemed to peak when they were silenced all together as the light disappeared and they were crushed under a metal object hundreds of feet in diameter. 

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

 

Ana ate her eggs on the counter by her phone.  She reached for it and unlocked her screen by swiping her thumb, she saw a tiny read smear streak across her screen as she did so.  She brought her phone to her shirt and wiped it off not knowing that the red smear used to be a group of terrified innocent people.  Ana placed her plate in the sink carefully and plugged her earbuds into her phone.  She exited the front door of the apartment.  She loved playing classical music and opera while she ran, it calmed her down.  She placed the buds in her ear and attached her phone to strap on her tank top, she took off down the stairs for a run in the warm early morning not knowing that she had killed countless amounts of people obliviously...