- Text Size +

 

In this chapter:  The hard life of living in Toy Town is revealed in more detail. The airplane community living in isolation is thrown into a precarious situation. A sullen Lacy returns to the apartment and makes demands of her city.  Ashton City is subject to a confident Miranda’s mishaps.  Sandra Faust takes roleplay seriously as she goes all in with Jessica’s tiny sample of people. 

 

Day 110 – Grove View Apartments- Jessica’s Closet – Toy Town

            It had been the longest absence from their goddess Toy Town had experienced since the world-altering event ripped their entire civilization from its universe; the concept of time itself seeming to move slower for the populace as the days trapped in the closet appeared to blend into one another without much of a thought.  The people had the option to leave; migrate through the desert, maybe to one of her shoes she never wore, but that could all change in a day depending on her mood, perhaps they could venture into the sea of carpet on the other side of the door, taking their chances outside what was known of their immediate world, but it would almost guarantee death or being stepped on unknowingly, better than being harvested into the boxes to be sold to some, yet, nobody did it, nobody left, their motivation to do so was simply gone, so they waited, scavenging supplies in a ravaged city waiting for their time to go whether it be climbing into a plastic prison to a faraway place, or at the feet of the goddess if she so chose to end their existence herself.    

Jessica had chosen to leave the light off in the closet while she was away on winter break, leaving nothing but the small space under the door as the only light source for the city, the sun wrapping around at an angle, barely illuminating the cityscape and sand sprawling across the closet floor.  The city itself looked like something from a nightmare, a warzone in appearance; toe, finger, shoe, and footprints embedded in the streets, destroyed buildings and structures, crushed neighborhoods, rubble everywhere, crushed military vehicles and bodies buried in the sandy outskirts, people didn’t bother picking out the deceased entombed in the rubble and destruction anymore, it was too much work for something that would just happen again when the goddess decided to have fun with the city. 

A single white-lace garter stocking bunched up in the corner of the city pressing on an entire neighborhood, trapping everyone inside as they slowly died from starvation, nobody concerned enough to help anymore as they watched the desperate people through the lace threads try to push their weakened bodies under or through, trapping themselves even more. There was no military, no government, the power grid was failing, and supplies were split up as best as they could between the surviving and mostly untouched parts of the city and its suburbs. 

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

A group of teenaged boys squeezed under an old metal street sign pinned against the entrance to what used to be a thriving commercial district, “Welcome to Trebizand Market” but it was marked over in red spray paint to say Toy Town, the buildings around were broken and shattered, some still remained mostly intact, occupied by homeless people.  The group of boys scavenging through the rubble for any supplies they could find, but they had no home to return to, their neighborhood was destroyed a few months prior, flattened under the goddess’ toes and then flooded with her spit, their entire families drowned or squished without a care in the world from the goddess above.  The boys went on to survive a few forced military encounters, seeing everyone kidnaped and given a gun, squished flat in the sand.  Escaping the useless war fought with another civilization owned by a supposed blonde goddess they had never seen, the military never coming back, leaving the city and the boys abandoned by all leadership left, forcing them to fend for themselves. 

            The boys rummaged through buildings barely saying a word to each other, their clothes tattered and ripped, the people occupying the buildings sunken and disregarding interaction.  The group of adolescents found a decent looking building, the glass shattered, but still structurally sound, entering through a side door into an open area of the building.  They were greeted by a group of people huddled around a small fire, boxes of canned food and water piled up all around them, staring at each other.  “Spit?” one of the boys asked the group of people.

            “No… eaten” a man said from the corner, referencing why their towns or neighborhoods were destroyed. 

            “I’m sorry…” the teen said with remorse.

            “Don’t be” the man replied sternly. 

            “We’re just looking for some-” another teen started to talk.

            “Take what you need, we all gotta go soon anyway…” The man said. The rest of the people with him looking towards the ground depressed.

            “That’s not true, we can escape, we can go somewhere else” a teen said.

            “You don’t get it, there’s nowhere to go, there is no life outside of the sand” a woman in the older group said.

            “It’s true… the boxes, she takes us, it’s only a matter of time before we have to get in one, or you… or you… or you…”  The man said, pointing at each of the young men. 

            “We’re not going in there; we’ve made it this far” a teen said. 

            “We all have to go someday, what don’t you get about that?” The woman reiterated.  The boys shook their heads, knowing the group was a lost cause.  They graciously took some food and water and left. 

            The teenagers walked the decimated city, crossing over a makeshift bridge made of trash and scraps over a toe print embedded deep within the ground below them, careful not to fall into the deep canyon her toe dug out, approaching the outskirts, seeing multiple plastic containers lined up.  The instructions were clear, by the time the goddess got back they were to be filled, empty for now as they still had over a week to decide who was to go in.  Usually, she would just start crushing people until they just wanted it to stop, piling into the prisons, but the city was free to choose, to volunteer. 

People that were willing to die made camps and huts from the leftovers of destroyed towns, setting up near the prisons so they could willingly walk in when the time came.  Each prison had a number written on the top of the plastic signifying how many people were to enter and be taken away, except for the last box, unmarked which meant as many people that wanted to go in, the least popular prison to say the least, but knowing her, it would be wise to make that number as high as possible so she wouldn’t take out her frustrations on the people that still wanted to live. 

            The boys passed up hundreds of people just waiting to go, depressive and sullen.  They tried to convince people to turn back, migrate with them, somewhere else, anywhere else, but nobody listened.  This was their life now, servitude. They passed up a large board that was previously used at sports stadium, the stadium since then crunched effortlessly under the goddess’ big toe.  The board barely surviving, now used at the edge of the sand to count the remaining population of Toy Town.  The city once had 8 million people living in the desert metropolis, the boys all looked in solitude at the board, the bright orange glowing numbers revealing there were less than 3 million people left, the number ticking down one at a time as the operators scrolled through thousands of reports of missing or dead people.  The group of boys making their way towards the small opening under the door, taking their chances outside, they didn’t want that life like the others, their life for the rest of a short forever…

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

 

Day 121 – Grove View Apartments – Behind the Couch

            A withered and exhausted woman scraped and carved another marking into the side of the broken airplane fuselage with a sharp piece of twisted metal, 121 etchings into the yellow-colored steel determining the days since they vanished out of midflight after seeing a bright blue flash, the pilots desperately trying to land in the dark after that flash, it seemed so long ago to the people still alive.  The former air stewardess, weakened, her outfit torn, looked back at a couple dozen people still remaining by her side. 

Her eyes still full of a slight glimmer of hope, or perhaps, desperation, the people looking up towards her not being able to tell the difference anymore.  She began to pass out crumbs of food to everyone as they immediately ate it, but it wasn’t enough, the survivors remaining were running out, becoming agitated, tired of waiting for rescue, it was well passed any hope for that, they accepted their fate, trapped in a massive apartment with four unaware miles-tall women who could end their lives with a simple misstep, it had already happened to so many.  The people who used to go get the food from the crumbs when the women would eat at the front of the couch; nobody volunteered anymore.  Some people taking their chances, grouping up and migrating away from the plane until they couldn’t be seen anymore, nobody knowing if they made it to someplace better, but everyone knew they were likely stepped on without as much as a “what was that?” from the giant young women. 

            “Remember when we had food…” One of the survivors sarcastically said.

            “Remember when they used to get us food?” Another survivor added to the unrest.

            “Well, they got killed you moron” Another survivor interjected.

            “Well, they never would have if our glorious leader sent them out at a different time!” someone yelled out.

            “Calm down, how is she supposed to know when they will come towards us while they are gathering crumbs, you know we can’t move fast enough to get out of their footfalls” Someone else rebounded.

            “Fuck you, asshole, I don’t see you going out there as often” Someone else yelled.

            “Well… I’m going to eat you first, we all know it will get to that point, why wait?” the survivor dramatically exclaimed.

            “Nobody is fucking eating each other!” someone else yelled. 

“That’s enough!” The air stewardess howled. 

            The stewardess had a daily forum at dawn where people would voice their concerns and where jobs and tasks would be assigned for the day, but the conversation was dominated by angry shouts of hunger and desperation.  The middle-aged stewardess trying her best to calm the situation, but it was no use, people were getting fed up apart from some more level-headed people. They all looked to her as their leader, but doubts were at an all-time high, they were running out of food quickly, not having seen the giantesses in weeks, dependent on them dropping crumbs for sustenance, but they were nowhere to be seen, there was no food to harvest. 

            After some deliberation, she thought it would be best to let the people vent.  Many talked about the horrors of their situation, some crying, others emotionless.  One person stood up, placing herself next to the leader, she began to tell the story of each group of people that had died over the last few excruciating months.  Panicking, not being able to run as a massive heel came down on them or pressed between the toes of one of the women, it didn’t matter to them which one it was, it was all the same senseless death.  Trying desperately to chip away crumbs for massive globs of fallen food as the vibrations from slamming feet in the distance caused the micro people to run, but even sprinting at full speed barely got them any distance, the world around them, and the giant women were just too big.  Crushed, not even sparking reactions from the girls, they could barely feel the crunches, losing people by the dozens as the volunteer groups got smaller and smaller over the passing days. 

            The stories were cut short, the air stewardess waving her hands desperately to quiet everyone, as they did, people calmed, knowing something serious was happening.  The leader saw a rapidly moving black object coming straight towards them.  At first it looked small and frantic, changing directions rapidly, it had weird legs waiving randomly, getting bigger as it got closer. “We have to go now!” she yelled, realizing it was nothing good.  Quickly people grabbed whatever they could and started running for the front of the couch, moving together in a large crowd, the dozens of people in their weakened state were slower than ever, people attempting to shoulder other people and help them move faster, turning back to see a massive black scout ant barrel through the airplane and the camp, running over what they had left, its feelers rummaging through the broken camp for food or anything useful, seeming to ignore the tiny people, but there was no going back, the ant kept circling as the micro people made their way into the sunlit space from out under the couch they had been calling a sanctuary for so long. 

 The leader gathered everyone around, out of breath and hunched over, reassuring everyone it was going to be okay, people turning back to see another ant showing up and crashing through their former airplane shelter, it was gone forever, destroyed beyond repair.  People starting crying on each other as they became drifters in a massive apartment, stranded and alone. Suddenly, they heard a vibration, and a deep shake from below them in the wood floor.  Dirty black and white sneakers miles in the distance as the huge front door behind the shoes closed…

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

 

Day 121 – Grove View Apartments – Lacy

            Lacy was the first to come back to the apartment, spending most of her break alone back in her hometown, avoiding her parents, not really having old friends to go back to either, all she really had was Ki, but they hadn’t talked since Lacy had helplessly digested Elle in her stomach acids, sending her into a deep spiraling depression.  Her friendship with Jessica was dwindling, along with the stressed relationships with Ana and Miranda.  Lacy didn’t care about Biraal city any more, it was fun for a while and gave her some confidence, but nothing felt real to her, lost and alone, dressed in all black, just going through the motions of getting back to school and maybe hoping something would actually work out in her life later on, she did get that scholarship from her professor, but the feeling of hopelessness dominated her mind, thoughts of everything she cared about or touched either died or abandoned her.

            Lacy took off her black jacket, throwing it over a hook in the small hallway closet, she adjusted her black beanie back over her ears and kicked off her dirty sneakers, banging them against the wall next to the kitchen, she spread her toes in her black socks with little white skulls all over them for a darker personality aesthetic, feeling the cold wood floor through the thin threads of her socks, she crossed her long sleeve covered arms over one another, hugging herself, passing up the thermostat, not bothering to turn the heat on, she liked the cold.  She walked by Miranda’s room, entering her own dark room, realizing that Biraal City had the absence of light for a while, the curtains she had up blocking out most of the sun that entered her room’s windows, but she didn’t care, she was in a dark place mentally, it only made sense her people should suffer the same dread as her. 

 Uncrossing her arms for a second as she lazily dropped her bag on the floor next to all the dirty clothes and clutter, barely fussing to clean her room before she left for break.  She pulled her vape from her back pocket, taking a huge puff, blowing out the fruit flavored nicotine filled smoke around her room, staring at the floor, Kiyoko’s shoes still there that she must had left from another night.  Lacy’s room now dark and hazy from the smoke, upset from seeing Ki’s shoes, not expecting it to make her sad, Lacy quickly grabbed another smoke pen from off her dresser, filled with concentrated weed oil instead, frantically wanting to take the edge off. 

            Lacy immediately inhaled the vape, feeling the high hitting her almost immediately, “still some left…” she quietly murmured to herself, keeping the smoke in her lungs for a moment, getting all the feeling to her head and through her body as much she could, slowly exhaling from her nose as she carried her pen back towards the cold hallway.  Wanting some fresh air, she began to walk through the living room. 

Arms crossed, weed pen in hand as she treaded towards the patio door, passing by the front of the couch, feeling a thick crunch under the toes of her left sock-covered foot, “what the fuck…” Lacy said, rearing her foot up so she could see, barely making out some tiny red mushed dots embedded in the black and white fibers of her socks, “what the hell are you still doing walking around in the open?  Fucking idiots” Lacy scoffed, seeing a small puddle of shiny red blood on the wood where she had just stepped.  Sighing heavily and continued to the patio door, opening it up for some fresh air and much needed weed self-medication, soaking in the cold winter sun. 

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

            The airplane survivors knew their moment had come, she was approaching closer, her sock-clad feet shaking the ground under them as they all screamed out for safety, but they knew what was coming, stranded in the cold empty space, she came closer and closer, staring up at her immense frame, months of survival counting for nothing as their leader tried to tell everyone it was going to be okay, but as everyone looked up, the black sock with white skulls was already above them, their sky getting darker as time seemed to slow down to near slow motion, everyone’s heart pumping, adrenaline coursing through their veins as some people tried to run, others screamed, others closed their eyes.  Then total blackness, their cries and screams squelched in an instant as their bodies mashed into the black and white cotton, staining it a deep red, their graveyard becoming the fibers of her sock, forever, or at least until she decided to do laundry.  

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

            Lacy lost track of time, too high to really care, not really thinking about anything as the dead bodies on her sock started to freeze up in the winter air.  Lacy decided to pay her city a visit, taking one last huge hit of her pen as she went inside to the slightly warmer apartment.  Retreating to her room and closing the door behind her, darkening the room even more.  Laying on her bed, her back up against the wall as her glazed and red eyes watched over the sizable micro city on her nightstand, the photo of herself and Ki still standing high above the city, leaning forward, picking it up and tossing it to the carpet face down, “Fucking waste, I’m such a fucking waste” Lacy dejectedly whispered to herself, taking another hit from her pen and blowing the smoke out over the city, her dark room becoming hazy as the smoke cascaded around buildings and neighborhoods.  She knew it would make the micro people fucked up, the concentration was so heavy that they would struggle, but they still blindly served, not seeing their goddess for weeks, they were eager.   

            “Elle is gone, she’s been gone… you know, the girl that hated you all because you bullied her, treated her like shit?  The one that ended up leading you all just to serve me like some fucking freak cult.  Dead. Forever. And it’s my fault” Lacy said, tucking her knees to her chest, hugging her legs for comfort.  “You fucked up her life, I fucked up yours, I tried to reward her… I did… I really tried” Lacy spoke softly, her body feeling like it was sinking into her bed.  Lacy unhugged her legs for a moment, spreading them and reached her arms forward, “the least you could do…”  Lacy said, pinching a couple small skyscrapers between her fingers, seeing the crumbs and specks fall between the folds of sheets in her bed between her legs, “is build her a statue in her honor, right there” Lacy said, mashing her fingers together, flattening the buildings full of occupants, rubbing her digits together until there was nothing but grey and black residue stuck to the pads of her thumb and index finger. 

Lacy then reached over to where she ripped out the buildings and placed her black chipped nail into the ground and began drawing a small circle, bulldozing through houses and commercial districts, carving out a jagged line.  “Right there… I want it bigger than any building, you remember what she looked like? You fucking should, she was better than all of you combined, get it done…” Lacy demanded, slouching her head to the side, watching the city, seeing lights come on and flickers of fire around the circle she drew, the fires damping out as she saw the specks surround the area.  Lacy took another puff from her pen, and laid down, her head sinking into the pillow as she stared at the city from the side, and waited, contemplating Ki, contemplating her life, contemplating Elle, and she watched… and watched…. The city entranced by her piercing eyes miles in the distance…

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

 

Day 125 – Ashton City

            Ashton City was freezing, and it was only getting worse for them, no government and hardly any military except those running the prisons and those attempting to suppress inner city conflict between the districts and neighborhoods.  What was left of the military hunkered down in the half destroyed military base while they weren’t patrolling streets or guarding the prisons filled with rioters and anarchists, still trying to clean the solidified snot and saliva that Lacy had sneezed on them.  People were in extreme unrest, the blonde goddess was gone, unable to help, lack of supplies and fuel meant neighborhoods were chosen to be cut off from the already limited power as people froze on the desk owned by the giant girl. 

People began burning their furniture and belongings just to survive a cold night, the freezing wind pounding at the massive window way up above the desk between them and the goddess’ bed.   It went on for weeks as the temperatures steadily dropped, people migrated all over the city into neighborhoods that still had power and fuel to burn, but the occupants already living there became distrustful, restricting people so that they could live longer, turning others away as fights broke out, military intervening, more people being sent to the prisons that had people dying every day from poor health conditions and cold, mass graves behind the buildings as guards became tired of burying the dead, all unaware to Miranda who would have been deeply saddened to hear that information. 

            Ever since the short war with the other micro civilization, the lower ranking military had been desperately trying to revive communications with Miranda, equipment mostly destroyed, lost, or encased in Lacy’s snot made things progressively difficult, having to constantly re-direct resources to keep the citizens from killing each other stalled progress more and more.  There wasn’t anybody taking charge or leadership roles anymore, they knew they had a job and mutually agreed to just do it, apart from some rather unorthodox methods.  A group of soldiers kidnapped whatever engineers they could find from neighborhoods, forcing them to work on comms with Miranda, tired and depressed as they operated constantly with little sleep and virtually no breaks. “You know… we would have volunteered; you didn’t have to fucking take us…” a woman said with much disdain.

            “Shut up, focus on the task at hand” a solider ordered out in the dark room, underground near the military base.

            “We’ve been trying to tell you dumb idiots that we won’t be able to get it to work” the woman said agitated.

              “We have a signal!”  one of the men said. 

            “Fucking type it now!”  A solider yelled.

            “Okay okay!”  the operator yelled back, typing at the old machine. 

            “We just lost signal…” the operator dejectedly said.

            “Did you get anything out?!” The solider yelled back.

            “I don’t… I don’t know…”  The operator said with a confused face.

            “Well… pray to her that something did” The solider said to the captive engineers.

            “As you were saying, ma’am… we won’t get it, huh?” another soldier smugly teased.

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

            Miranda more than enjoyed her winter break, she saw her loving family, a few friends, she focused on herself and taking care of her mind and body.  She didn’t have to worry about her roommates or Jessica, she didn’t have to worry about schoolwork, or the politics of protecting a tiny civilization, she knew they would be safe locked away in her room where nobody could get to them, it gave her peace of mind to do the things she wanted to do.  She exercised, did yoga, ate healthy, bought new clothes, listened to her favorite music.  Recharged and ready to take on new challenges at school as she drove down the highway back towards the university in the middle of winter, passing up some patches of snow as she neared the exit turn-off, the heat on in her car as she played the latest pop hits through her speakers, singing along. 

            Miranda pulled into her favorite coffee shop’s drive thru just a few exits away from the apartment, exchanging pleasantries with a young woman through the speaker, noticing that her phone screen lit up in her peripheral vision as it sat in the cupholder to her side, ignoring it so that she could order.  Miranda waited at the window, her new favorite song playing over the speakers, paying, and placing her warm drink in the cupholder next to her phone, ignoring the message still. 

Taking a few gulps before exiting into the car park of the apartment complex.  Waiting in her warm car until one of her other favorite new pop songs finished, taking periodic sips of her coffee, the song faded out as she sighed, ready to take on a new school semester and her roommates, ready to be a better leader for her micro civilization, she adjusted her puffy black coat after taking off her seatbelt, turning off the car and setting the keys in her purse.  Miranda checked her phone, “Oh my god!”  Miranda shouted surprised.  She noticed it was from a strange, encoded number.  “It’s been since like… the war” she mumbled to herself, unlocking the phone, she immediately read the message.

            “Freezing, dying, help.” The message simply said.

            “Like… oh my god. Oh my god. Fuck fuck fuck” Miranda repeated anxiously.  She hurried, grabbing her purse, her backpack, shoving her phone in her front pocket, grabbing her coffee, rushing up the stairs in the cold windy air. “Who didn’t lock the front door?” She shouted as she busted into the small hallway, walking to her room as she saw Lacy’s door closed, hearing some quiet depressing music from behind it.  Miranda took the time to quickly adjust the thermostat to an acceptable level of warmth, the vents above her humming on. 

            Miranda quickly fished out her keys and unlocked her bedroom door, shutting it behind her, she dropped her backpack to the floor, and tossed her purse and her keys on her bed, not taking the time to remove her large black sunglasses, her blonde hair tied back in a messy tail, taking a fast step up to her beautiful micro city on her desk, “Hey there tiny city, it’s so good to see you again, sorry I was gone for so long, I heard you like, are having a tough time, but I’m here to help!” she said with a smile as she tried placing the branded coffee cup down, but accidentally clipped the bottom of the cup on the edge of the desk spilling the top off and some of the warm coffee across the desk next to the city, the hot brown liquid flooding into neighborhoods rapidly as only a few parts of the city were swallowed by the scalding liquid. “Shit shit shit!” Miranda shouted and cringed, quickly picking up the coffee cup upright and placing it farther away, “Oh my god, such an idiot, I hope nobody was down there” she whispered to herself, “Lacy!  Can you grab me a towel?” Miranda asked, but she didn’t come, “god dammit, uh alright, hold on, I’m so sorry!” Miranda said, shuffling to her bathroom.  “Okay, this will dry everything and warm you all up” Miranda said confidentially, unwrapping the cord on her bright pink hairdryer…

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

            “Hey, do you feel that?  A soldier asked.

            “Is she… back?”  another solider asked nervously.

            “Bring up the city cameras… er… what’s left of them.” A solider commanded, the operator clicking a few buttons as the screens flashed with views of the city.

            “She is… thank Miranda!”  The solider howled in glee.

 

            Ashton City collectively sighed at ease, having to become dependent on the blonde goddess, the city rejoiced, everyone came to a standstill, people coming out of their homes and buildings to look at her and cheer, the people covered in thick clothing, whatever they could find to keep warm.  They could feel the slamming of her feet, the loud crash of her bags hitting the floor and the bed, “HEY THERE TINY CITY” the speck sized people of Ashton City heard, staring up at her face covered by the large, thick sunglasses, ignoring the rest of her words as her hand came over the city holding on to a white and green cup, people terrified as the shadow of the cylindrical object suddenly bent forward with an unsettling bang, the cup crashing miles away from the epicenter of the city.   

The major parts of the metro area were safe, people trying to watch on from in between the skyscrapers’ view, but those on the outskirts saw the true horror, steaming and scalding hot brown liquid racing towards them, without a chance to blink or scream it crashed through neighborhoods like a rolling wave, people charred and burned instantly as it engulfed their bodies and houses, incinerating everything as it continued to wash more inland.  “SHIT SHIT SHIT!” the city heard, the windows rattling with the soundwaves from her booming voice, the city in the reflection of her sunglasses way above them, giving the city a grid-like view from above.

            Thousands of people burning and drowning alive in the blistering liquid, the tops of homes and buildings instantly caught on fire and simultaneously snuffed out as it rolled through streets like a rapid lava, people trying to run, but it was meaningless, submerged in the tumbling currents, dying slow torturous deaths.  “DRY EVERYTHING AND WARM YOU ALL UP” the goddess’ voice came from above, her black puffy covered arms reaching over the city with a long white cord, plugging into the huge outlet way behind the city, she held the bright pink object high above them, the click of the monstrosity turning on as it hummed low at first, then higher and higher, growling, the wind followed closely after it, cool at first, people’s hair whipping, trees bending, windows and cars rattling as some people struggled to keep their balance.  The intense hurricane wind felt almost good at first for the tiny people as it warmed up like she said it would, the speed of the wind not changing as the blonde goddess aimed it at different parts of the city, but then it got worse, the air started to get hotter and hotter, nearing unbearable levels.  People ran into their nearest homes and buildings, fighting against the wind to move as people became stranded, trying to hold onto each other, or objects standing around them. 

            The air heating up more as people struggled to breath in the dense sweltering atmosphere, passing out as they lost control of their grip, skidding down streets and slamming against buildings, she blew the tip over the neighborhoods covered in hot coffee, sending sprays of the liquid out and away, guiding the coffee back onto the table as the washed up remains of people and neighborhoods were carried out with it like the retreating ocean tide, the neighborhoods leftover from the accident burning and collapsing from the caffeinated lava.  Miranda began to flap the hairdryer around, sending intense waves of hot air colliding with the city and its people, warming everyone up, some dying from heatstroke or feinting, their hearts not being able to restart.

            “Get the fucking signal back!” A solider yelled at the team of captive engineers.  Watching the computer monitors with live feeds to cameras all around the city, seeing people melt alive in the hot air.

            “We’re working, we’re working!” A man yelled, running wires all around the terminals.

            “There it is, we only have a few seconds!” The woman yowled.

            “Tell her to fucking stop!”  The solider yelled as another engineer tapped away.

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

            Miranda felt a buzz in her front pocket, “Oh that must be y’all telling me this was such like… a good idea haha” Miranda giggled to herself, clicking off the hair dryer and placing it next to the coffee cup far away from the city.

            “Please stop. So many dead” Miranda read the message, the realization made her heart skip a beat and sink to her stomach, feeling intense guilt, her cheeks flushing red as she removed her sunglasses to reveal her bright blue eyes tearing up.

            “I’m so sorry!  I know you’re fragile, I was just trying to help, fuck!”  Miranda said in annoyance, sitting on her bed, removing her coat.  She sighed.  Watching as a few drips of the creamy coffee dripped to her carpet below her desk… “God… dammit…”  Miranda said, sniffling.

 

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

 

Day 130 – Sandra

            Professor Sandra Faust had been dreading the return to teaching classes, she had been enjoying her time with the subservient micros that Jessica had gifted her to try out as a product, sealing their partnership going forward, the potential to make all that money from the tiny creatures.  Sandra had tons of plans, having a lot of time to spend thinking over winter break, not having much of a family to spend the holidays with, or her birthday, turning 35 a few days after Jessica gave her the micro people for her to do with them as she so pleased.  Sandra was designing logos, and ordering special packaging, not being able to contain her excitement to share with Jessica when she got back, maybe she would make enough to quit teaching she thought, clicking through a few pages of her semester teaching plan, sipping on a cup of tea, rubbing her dark stocking covered feet together, having just gotten home from a pre-semester meeting with the other business teachers from the department at the university. 

Sandra placed her cup down next to her laptop, rubbing her toes together, feeling some pleasurable tickles all up and down her feet, the stockings hugging the skin of her legs and feet tightly.  Sandra had placed a good chunk of the micro people inside her stockings before she went to the meeting, kicking off her ballet flats when she arrived at home to give them some more breathable air, wrapping them up her legs, making them massage her feet while she worked.  The tingling felt good, just the right amount of pressure she thought, sighing in pleasure as she closed her syllabus, pulling up another document.    

            “They Really Do Everything!”  she typed into her laptop as a slogan for the tiny product…

            “Ahh…no that’s too cheesy” Sandra said, curling her lips in contemplation, flexing her toes, feeling the tinies shake around, falling in between the creases around her soft skin. 

            “How ‘bout, Tiny People, Big Joy…. Ewww gross, sounds like a candy bar advertisement… ugh!” Sandra groaned as she tapped away on the backspace key.  She took another sip of tea and sighed relaxingly, releasing her stress, closing her eyes and leaning back in her comfy chair, extending her legs out behind her desk as the micro people trapped in the humid stocking rubbed away at the skin of her toes and feet.

 Ms. Faust thought about the last few weeks she had the tinies in her small home, studying them, feeding them, gathering all the product information she could so she could write an informative detail on Jessica’s money maker dream product.  So far only losing a few to accidental crushes, applying too much pressure as she squeezed her toes together when she first had them massage her feet after a long day of walking around in heels, but it was easy enough to order them to clean away the mashed-up creatures and have them start all over.

The other losses came from the more sinister part of the professor’s mind, “alright, you can all take a break, I’m over this and would like a nap, but when I’m ready, we can roleplay again, last time was so much fun!” Sandra said with a giddy tone.  She curled up in her chair, slowly unrolling her stockings, inspecting the tiny product as some of them were mashed up red splotches against her legs and feet, most surviving as she shook them back into the main container with the rest, closing her laptop and placing the cap on top of the plastic prison.  Stretching for a nice afternoon nap, taking off her glasses and removing her clothes as they fell at her feet by her dresser, stepping back to her bed a few feet away from her computer desk, sleeping in her cozy cool blankets in nothing but her panties. 

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

  They could hear her small snores, terrified as to when she would wake up, they knew what roleplay meant, it meant suffering, but they had to do what they had to do, or they would die anyway.  Watching from behind the plastic as her chest rose up and down softly from under the sheets, what looked like a small smirk on her face as she slept.  The small gust of wind from the ceiling fan above them as they all sat around and waited.  The people who were trapped in her stockings trying to recover, the look of horror on their faces, some with broken limbs, some covered in blood, crying in anguish from the pain, or from seeing other micros squished flat from her delicate movements as she went through her day, watching on as they screamed in agony until their bodies were pressed to death, crumbling into the thick fibers pinning them down against her smooth skin.  “No more, please…” “I can’t go on…”  The whispers came from some people, going mostly ignored, the more zombified people just waiting on their next task.  The injured micros trying to tend to themselves as their screams went neglected as well. It felt like hours passed, but the clock on her nightstand in the extreme distance barely seemed to tick away, so they waited, tearing their clothes to make slings for their arms or legs, people frustrated and angry, others wanting to die as fast as possible, but they waited and waited, knowing she would be ready to “play” when she woke up.

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

“Mmphh…. mmmm…” The professor respired in pleasure, tossing to her side, starting to wake up from her nap, a smile appearing across her face, stretching her arms up, bringing her hands down to gently rub her eyes open, digging her head a bit more into her fluffy white pillow.  Ms. Faust took a few more minutes under her sheets, feeling relaxed, but the excitement of her ongoing roleplay idea had her mind filled with delight.  Kicking her legs off the side of the bed, checking her clock, the red numbers telling her it was later in the evening. 

Putting on her red glasses, her messy hair around the bands; checking her phone and replying quickly to a few texts and emails about the new school semester, bouncing her legs at the side of her bed as her heels thudded against the bottom of the padded mattress.  She stood up, walking by the plastic case with dozens of micros she knew were all staring up at her body, her naked tits looming above them as she collected them in her grip as well as the half full cup of tea, carrying it to the kitchen, pouring it out and placing the mug in the sink.  She then placed the container of micros on her coffee table in the dim living room and turned-on lights high above them, disappearing out of their view as she closed her bedroom door behind her. 

            The former business career woman turned professor returned to her room, cleaning herself up in her bathroom, brushing her teeth, straightening her shoulder length dirty blonde hair, re-doing her makeup, applying red lipstick, spraying a fine mist of her favorite scented perfume as it wafted over parts of her skin, as if she had an important interview at a high-level company.  She began to dress herself in business professional clothes, affixing a red pushup bra, amplifying her modest tits, donning a white button-up shirt, leaving the top buttons unfaceted to show off her pushed-up cleavage, tucking the shirt into a black above the knee tube skirt, clicking on a gold necklace and a small gold watch on her wrist.  Pulling up a cozy black blazer over her shoulders, curling her toes down into some black heel pumps, pulling them up around her heels with her fingers as she bent back up, checking herself out in the mirror, fluffing her wavy hair one last time and adjusting her red glasses until she was satisfied with her stunning appearance, “Here comes the boss…” she whispered to herself, pulling her blazer inward with confidence.

            Ms. Faust walked into her living room, her heels clacking against the wood floor, passing up the tiny box full of micros, making sure her blinds were shut and her door was locked, walking over to the kitchen counter, grabbing a stick of gum out of her purse, folding the gum into her mouth as she started to chew, she then dragged over a chair from her dining set, placing it in front of the table where the micros watched on from below.  Returning to the counter, grabbing a leather cased notepad and an expensive customized pen. 

Ms. Faust propped up on the chair sitting directly across from the micro products, crossing her leg over the other slowly so they got a chance to see all the way up her thighs to her white panties.  She brought the leather notepad to her lap, chewing on her gum, she began to slowly loosen her foot from the heel, keeping it abound by the tops of her toes, beginning to agonizingly bounce her black heel up and down in front of the box of tiny creatures, the massive shoe swaying above them.

            Sandra began reading her notepad, looking over the notes she had from last roleplay session, she gave some of the micros nicknames, placing good or bad markings next to some of them, depending on how well they performed their tasks she assigned to them.  “Good evening, loyal employees, let’s do a little rollcall before we begin our work today, shall we?” Sandra said with a smile.  She placed the pen down on the pad and reached forward, her tits squishing together atop her unbuttoned shirt, gripping the plastic and carefully pouring out the micro people over the table near her bouncing heel. 

The micros knowing where to go as they split into 5 relatively equally sized groups, Sandra not having the patience to go through each micro individually, so she called them by groups A through E. She began counting the number in each group, scribbling notes into the pad as she marked away the total number of each group, “oh no, it looks like we had some early retirements at the company, not to worry, it just means that some of you will have to work overtime” Sandra said, clicking her gum between her teeth loudly on purpose to sound extra bitchy, jotting down the new numbers of the group sizes after losing some of the product in her stockings from earlier. 

            “Well, now that roll is settled I guess we should get down to business, per se… you’ve all worked hard over the last few weeks and It’s only fair that I, the boss, give you your performance reviews on a more personal level, CEO to employee” Sandra said smirking, uncrossing her leg and placing her heel next to the other, leaning forward to get a closer look at the micros.  “The best of you will get a well-deserved promotion, while those that score lower will unfortunately have to be effectively terminated from their position; scoring will be based on the tasks that you performed under the detailed instructions that I gave you, there will be a number out of 10; 10 of course, being the best, and 1 of course, well… let’s just say that you don’t want to get a 1” Sandra said with a fake frown. “It’s never easy firing an employee, but sometimes we just need to get rid of the old blood slowing progress down, it’s just business, I hope you understand, now… let’s begin with group A” Ms. Faust said.

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

            “GROUP A, PLEASE PLACE YOURSELVES AT THE CENTER” They heard roaring from above, mixed with the sounds of loud smacking, saliva curling into the brightly scented breath that washed over them from the gum squishing between her perfect white teeth.  The few dozen people waddled towards the front center of the table, directly across from her legs, while the other groups stood back far behind them.  Group A staring up at her, her eyes transfixed on the notepad on her lap as she read and tapped the edge of her pen on the paper.  The group of micros waiting anxiously as they took in the sight of her immensely sized body.  “HMM…. GROUP A… WHERE TO EVEN BEGIN…” their boss said, a few people in the group cringing from the loudness of her voice, others shaking from the fear of death, the rest staring blankly ready to do whatever she commanded.  “TSK TSK…” the boss teased, shaking her head disapprovingly.  Suddenly, the loud clamping of the notepad closing above them rang out, the shadow of the black object hovering above them, being placed on the table thousands of feet away and behind them, the micros staring up at her as her serious face pierced their anxiety. 

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

            Sandra crossed her legs once more, bouncing her other heel just in front of the micros, leaning back in her chair with a purposefully dramatic sigh, “Well, Group A, I have to say that I am a little disappointed in you, the tasks I gave you were simple, yet, you gave me mediocre work, overall I scored you a 4, it’s not absolutely terrible, but my company demands the highest of quality from my employees, so, I’ll have to limit your team; half of you will be terminated, sadly”  Sandra said.  Sandra reached forward, drawing her finger down the center of the group, seeing little explosions of red mist spray against the inside of her finger as she dragged it across the table over the tiny products, picking the remaining people on the right side of the bloody line, scooping them up into her palm, dismissing the survivors on the left side.  Raising her palm to her face, blowing a small bubble from the gum out from between her pursed lips, popping the bubble in front of them.  “You were a valued group of employees for my company, but it’s time we move on to bigger and brighter things” Sandra said, balling up her fist, feeling the crunches of the tiny people squish in her hand, inspecting the remains, streaks of blood and blackened flattened bodies against her skin as she wiped her palm against the side of the chair cleaning most of the remains off. 

            “Group B, please place yourselves at the center” Sandra said, watching as the larger group of people waited in front of her bouncing heel. Picking up her notepad from behind all the tiny products, flipping it open to the second page, “Hmm… Let’s see here, Group B, Ah, yes, you did an excellent job rubbing my feet today in my stockings during my meeting, I know you lost people, but sacrifices have to be made for the boss to be happy, right?”  Sandra said with a giggle.  “Unfortunately, you did just an okay job with massaging my back the other day, so… I give you a 6, nobody will be terminated, but make sure you follow instructions better next time, please return to your previous location, thank you.” Sandra said, clicking her pen a few times. 

            “Group C, center, now.”  Sandra commanded with a serious tone, she quit bouncing her heel, staring the tiny people down intimidatingly as they slowly made their way to the edge of the table in front of her.  Terrifying them with her intense eyes, ceasing chewing on her gum, building the tension even more.  The group came to a stop as Sandra leaned forward getting a closer look at them, bending down so her brown eyes behind her glasses were face to face with them.  Her eyebrows winced downward as she inspected the small details of each micro before her, bending back up slowly so her cleavage rotated in their view, placing herself back up, folding the page on her notepad to the details of their group.  “Group C, you’ve really done it this time… absolute great work, making the other groups look terrible, I had to get a look at each of you, well deserved.  You’re getting a 9, if no other group gets a score of 10 then the promotion is yours, now, let’s go over why you’re rated a near-perfect score; it started with your amazing attention to detail when I asked you to clean the squished remains of your fellow employees off the bottoms of my favorite flats, you each took the extra time to clean the rest of my shoes without me even asking, they looked like I had just bought them brand new.  Normally, I would be upset you didn’t follow my exact instructions, but this was a rare case of going above and beyond for your CEO, truly great work” Sandra said with a bright smile, scribbling notes onto the paper. 

 

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

            “GROUP D, CENTER” their boss commanded from above, her eyes scolding them, her lips curling into disappointment as her eyebrows lowered in anger, the micros knowing they were probably in trouble.  The micros with their minds still mostly sane could recognize the pure tension and hatred building up in the stale air around them.  Approaching closer to the edge as her body came more into their frame of view, taking up nearly their entire horizon; a subtle and pleasurably bright scent hit their noses, emanating for her clothes and skin.  They stood huddled together, her black heel bouncing in front of them showing glimpses of her flesh in increments, small puffs of air wafting at them with each bounce smelling of perfume and feet. 

            “I’M EXTREMELY DISSAPOINTED, YOUR EFFORTS DON’T EVEN DIGNIFY A PROPER REVIEW FROM ME, I DON’T UNDERSTAND HOW YOU COULD FAIL THE SIMPLEST OF TASKS SO POORLY, I MEAN, A SCORE OF 2, COME ON; I TERMINATE YOUR POSISTIONS EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY” Her voice boomed from above.  Suddenly, the massive bouncing heel in front of them stopped, her leg crossed back over in near slow motion as they all stared up her skirt, a brief glance of her white panties as they felt the shake from her foot colliding with the ground far below them.  She threw the notepad on the couch opposite the coffee table they stood upon, the air humming as the black pad buzzed by, casting a huge shadow over them for a moment, watching as it crashed against the cushions of the couch, suddenly they could hear the stretching of fabric from behind them, turning their attention back towards the boss, standing up to her full height as each micro craned their necks backward to see all the way up her imposing figure, she began to bend down, her hand bashing them from behind as they screamed in pain, falling into her other warm palm, smacking against the thick skin, sliding around and tumbling, not being able to catch their bearings as they felt their bodies sliding once more, splashing outward on the ground by her chair in front of her toes, starting to stand up, looking up the entirety of her massive body now as she stood right over them, her arms crossed, her face displeased. 

            She tapped the tips of her black heel covered toes right in front of the micros, clacking them against the wood, a small gust of wind knocked them back, as they stood back up, but knocked over again from another disappointing toe tap from her heels.  “TRUST ME, YOU DESERVE WORSE FOR YOUR WEAK EFFORTS FOR MY COMPANY, CONSIDER THIS AS YOUR SEVEREANCE” Her commanding voice sounded aloud from above.  She lifted her heel, the plastic and leather straining audibly against the skin of her feet as they saw her leg bend over them, a brief glimpse up her long curving legs before the shadow of the heel came over them, the weathered and eroded bottoms discolored from years of use.  Their hearts full of adrenaline, no time to think as the stiletto from the back of her heel slammed downward on a few people, their bodies flattening with ease, the stiletto lifted revealing bloody puddles with not much remaining.  The stiletto slammed down again on more people as the rest of the employees stayed put, crushing people effortlessly, one woman pressed in half as the edge of the stiletto impacted her, screaming for a second before she passed out and died. 

            She flexed her heel back, balancing on the back of the stiletto, raising the front of her toes high in the sky so she could inspect the damage, revealing two puddles of red glowing blood on the wood.  A dissatisfied look on her face as she suddenly slammed the front of her heel on a few dozen micros, the sprays of their blood flying everywhere as their screams died in an instant followed by the loud deafening bang from her heel colliding with the wood, sending all remaining micros to the ground violently. The shadow disappeared for a minute as the micros crawled around, over the flattened remains of their former coworkers, hearing a loud bang behind them as her heel crashed to their side in the distance.  The smell of her feet emanating above them as they stared up at her bare soles as they came down agonizingly slow, her toes stretching outward as the folds in her sole tightened, pressing on them slowly as their bodies popped with ease until nobody was left. 

 

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

            “Much better, I love my heels, but sometimes it feels good to get a little more personal with my employees, anyway, thank you for your commitment to my company Group D, you will be missed” Sandra said, sliding her bare feet across the glossy wood floor, smearing the remains of the micro people against her skin and the floor in an attempt to clean them off her soles.  Kicking her displaced heel upright with the side of her foot and placing her bloody sole back into the comfortable padding, twisting her toes inward, unknowingly smearing more flattened bodies against the weathered bottom of the heel.  Sandra walked by the coffee table, bending over, sticking her ass over the coffee table and the micros on purpose to dramatically retrieve the notepad, the skirt hugging her curvy rear as the fibers tightened around her curvature, standing up and sitting back in the chair across the table with a heavy sigh. 

            “Alright, you see what happens when you get a 2; very disappointing as a CEO trying to run a respectable company.  Group E, please come to the center” Sandra said. Smacking her gum as she watched them shuffle across the surface of the table towards her.  Satisfied with their arrangement, she pulled the notepad to her lap.  “Do you mind if I get a little more comfortable?  I always read that being more personable as a boss is helpful for their employee’s health” Sandra said, rearing up her heel and placing it on the table with a slightly extending leg, the sole of her heel towering above the group facing them, bouncing her heel slightly with the leverage of the table’s edge, giggling a bit as she could see the micros fall to the ground from the vibrations from her foot.

            “Group E, I don’t know how to say this properly, but you scored the lowest, worse than Group D somehow, it’s mind blowing; a 1…a 1!, I had an entire lecture prepared, but well, we would be wasting everyone’s time, and you know what they say, time is money”  Sandra said with genuine disappointment.  “I enjoy seeing my employees succeed, that’s how great of a boss I am, but examples have to be set, and the standards have to be high, so, your position will be terminated effective immediately, but a lesson has to be learned, consequences for your actions, I do not want the company looking weak” Sandra said.  Popping another pink gum bubble between her dark red lips, reaching her fingers up and pulling out a long string of gum, followed by the glob of the saliva covered gum in its entirety, holding the mushed up material above the group of disappointing micros, carefully lowering the gum on them and pulling up quickly, watching as all the tinies stuck to the sticky surface, writhing and struggling against the chewy surface, surrounded by indentations of her teeth embedded in the sweet texture. 

            Sandra leaned back, tilting her head back as she slowly lowered the tiny-covered gum to her tongue, placing it gently as she folded her tongue over the rubbery substance, feeling little solid bits that must have been masses of people stuck. She rolled them around her mouth, her saliva covering the gum, flying off of them as she teased her tongue around them, smashing the gum against the insides of her cheeks and molars purposefully, “Mmm…” she moaned, teasing the failure of the group inside her mouth, blasting them with noise as they struggled trying to pick their heads out of the saliva, fighting the intense momentum throwing the gum around.  Slamming on her molars as they saw the thick building-sized teeth above them lower, grinding against the gum as it gave away to her teeth’s weight at first, but it pressed on them further and harder until their bodies popped against the gum and the pressure of her teeth, dozens of people crushed and chewed as it flavored her gum with a unique taste of sweetness and blood; chewing away, mouth open so she could show the other micro employees how they would be treated if they didn’t give full effort or follow instructions. 

            Sandra blew another bubble, the tinies below her on the table seeing mashed up bodies encapsulated in the thin barrier of the bubble as it popped, the deceased whipping back as the strands from the popped bubble smacked against her red lips, sticking her tongue out and licking her lips to fish back in the stray strands as she continued to chew, further emulsifying the bodies.  “Well, this concludes your performance review, I hope you’re ready to work harder for next week’s grade.  You may return to the container, but Group C can stay behind for their promotion.” Sandra said, placing her outstretched leg back by her other leg, watching diligently as the surviving groups crawled into the plastic prison, seeing the highly graded group remain still.  “Good job, again, you’ve earned your promotion, see, after a long day of managing such an important company, I feel a little aroused, power is attractive and I definitely feel it coursing through my body, so… your special promotion is to please me tonight, prepare yourselves, I’ll come grab you later for our little one on one meeting” Sandra said with a wide smile and girly giggle, playfully winking at the group as she watched them walk away towards the container, satisfied that everyone was inside she turned it upright and placed the cap on the top.

 

            Sandra felt pleased with herself, standing up and straightening out her skirt, folding the notepad over her arm, turning on her heels and walking to the kitchen of her modest home, placing the pad and pen on the counter, walking around the bar towards the trashcan, angling her heel onto the step pedal, opening the top of the trashcan and spitting the gum ridden with dead tinies out into bin, splattering on the garbage to never be seen again, the top of the can closing over the gum.  Sandra turned on her heels and headed towards her bedroom, checking her phone, swiping through a few emails, coming across an email from her favorite former student, Jessica.  A smile crept across Ms. Faust’s face. It was time to make some money, but first, dinner and some intimate pleasure from her favorite employees, because as Sandra desired, a happy boss was all that mattered in her workplace…