- Text Size +

 

(Ben’s point of view)

 

The giantess tilted her head to the side as she regarded her tiny friends. Then she quickly tilted her head the other way, giggling at the sensation of moving her head from side to side. Amy entertained herself with moving her head back and forth as her friends looked on in horror.

 

“She looks like she just dropped acid,” Mark muttered.

 

“Actually, that’s exactly what happened,” Betty said, stepping up beside him.

 

“What!” he exclaimed. “Ben, the hell’s going on?”

 

“I’ll explain later,” Ben answered in a whisper. “For now all you have to know is that Patrick’s the bad guy in this, and he just drugged Amy.”

 

Amy, having heard her name with her exceptional hearing, looked back down at her friends and smiled. “Ben!” she exclaimed. “I’ve been waiting for you to get here! Come here.”

 

Slowly, Amy reached her massive hand out towards the little group. To say that it was terrifying to have a drugged giantess’s hand reach out for you, would be a grave understatement. Before she was within grabbing distance of everyone, however, her hand veered away and closed down on empty air. Amy looked down in confusion.

 

“How did you do that?” she muttered as she tried to grab them again and missed. “You guys keep shifting so fast. Hold still.”

 

“This is nuts.” Ben said.

 

Mark looked to Betty. “Why don’t we just explain to her that she’s dru-”

 

Johnny cut him off with a fierce whisper. “You never tell someone they’re under the influence when they don’t know it. You want her to have a panic attack in the middle of this park?”

 

“Amy,” Ben called out to her. “Why don’t you just put your hand on the ground and we’ll all step on.”

 

Amy giggled. “Oh ok. I guess I wore you down. That’s ok, we can play chase later.” Then she lowered her hand to the ground

 

Betty stepped up close to Ben. “Are you crazy? She can’t hold us when she’s like this. She could kill us and not even notice.”

 

“We have no choice,” he insisted. “We can’t let her stay here, especially when the fireworks go off. Our best option is to guide her home and let her wait this thing out.” Betty looked like she wanted to argue, but relented when she couldn’t think of a better solution. Ben nodded, and turned back to Amy. “Ok, Amy? We’re going to climb on your hand now, then we’re all going to go home to your house.”

 

Amy blinked several times in confusion. “Home? But . . . but we just got here . . . at least, I think you did . . .” She yawned audibly.

 

“Ben,” Betty whispered. “One of the effects of LSD is sleepiness.”

 

He nodded. “No, don’t you remember? We’ve been here for hours. You were just telling us how you were getting tired and want to go to bed.”

 

Amy yawned again. “I do feel sleepy, that sounds really nice.”

 

One by one, they each climbed onto Amy’s enormous, soft palm. It was like standing in a giant, fleshy baseball diamond. She laughed as they all got on. “You’re all so tiny and you move so fast. It tickles.”

 

“Oh my God, she’s going to kill us. She’s going to kill us and I’m going to die” Johnny said breathlessly.

 

Ben pat him on the shoulder. “That only happens if this doesn’t work.”

 

Amy continued to smile down lazily at her friends. “Ok, you guys ready to float up?”

 

Betty shot a panicked look at Ben. “Wait, what does she mean flo-”

 

Without a second warning Amy’s hand suddenly lurched upwards and to the left. Everyone on her hand who was standing was suddenly thrown from their feet from the velocity. Fortunately, Amy’s palm was big enough that they weren’t thrown off completely. At first, everyone tried to stand up again. Right up until Amy repeated the motion in the opposite direction, rocking her hand back and forth like a piece of paper falling from the sky, only in reverse. As the giantess rocked her passengers like a ship on rough seas, she slowly stood up to her full height. Once standing, Amy ceased moving the hand that held her friends. Instead she turned her attention to  waving her empty, left hand through the air, as if she were feeling something out.

 

“Wow,” she breathed.

 

**********************************************************************************

 

(Amy’s point of view)

 

Amy had never been underwater before. She’d always wanted to in the past, always dreamt of it. The water was so fresh and clear that, for a moment it looked like thin air. But then the scenery would waver again and she would be back under the shifting currents of the ocean. Fish of all kinds floated in the area above her head. Sometimes they would move so close that Amy could almost reach out and touch them. Then they’d swim away from her, they must be scared.

 

“It’s ok,” she whispered to the pretty sky fishies. “I’m not going to hurt you.”

 

They kept on flying, flying after the sun. The sun was going away now, but the sky fishies had to swim after it.

 

“Time to move along, to catch the Memphis sun,” Amy quoted. The line was from a song she loved to listen to. Music. Music sounded so beautiful right now. All of the tiny little people at her feet, they made such amazing music. Every sound, every voice, every conversation became like a piece of a great orchestra. It blended together so well Amy wanted to just lie down and soak it all in.

 

Not here though. There was something she had to do, somewhere she had to be. Where was it again? The thought was right in front of her, but as out of reach as the sky fishies. Maybe they knew where she was going. Of course! Amy was supposed to follow the sky fishies, they would take her to where she needed to be. Amy started to walk in the direction of the sky fishies, very careful. Always careful. The instinct to watch her steps was so powerful, so ingrained into her, that even while drugged, Amy made sure to not step on a single person.

 

“Ashes down below, the tide is turning slow.” she sung softly to herself. “I travel all day long, to catch the Memphis sun.”

 

It was such a beautiful night out here in outer space. Walking on the moon felt so surreal, Amy’s steps felt so light she almost thought that she was walking on air. That’s what she had to do, after all. She was walking from the moon, through space, so she could make it to the sun. With the sky fishies to lead her there, she would have a great adventure.

 

**********************************************************************************

 

(Ben’s point of view)

 

“What’s going on?” Johnny asked. “Where’s she taking us?”

 

“And what’s she singing?” Betty asked.

 

Mark looked over at her. “Memphis Sun by Rival Sons. It’s got a kind of modern psychedelic rock sound so I guess it makes sense she’d be thinking of it now.”

 

“Hehe, how appropriate,” Betty laughed nervously.

 

Mark took a second glance at Betty and could read the terror on her face. This was probably the first time she’d been carried in Amy’s hand. Ordinarily that would be a frightening experience all on it’s own. But with Amy drugged, it was downright heart stopping. So he gently laid a hand on her shoulder and put on his most reassuring smile. “Once we’ve made it back to Amy’s house, I’ll show you all of Rival Sons’ best songs. You like rock music?”

 

Betty looked into Mark’s eyes and figured out what it was he was trying to do for her sake. So she likewise put on a convincing smile, which was made genuine by the fact that he wasn’t bad looking at all. “Y-yeah, I love rock music.”

 

Meanwhile Johnny, who’d been watching the exchange, leaned towards Ben and whispered, “He does remember that she’s a college senior, right? As in, out of his league?”

 

“Actually she’s a freshman,” Ben muttered back. “She showed me her records and everything.”

 

Johnny quirked an eyebrow. “Seriously?”

 

“Why? Thinking of asking her out yourself?” Ben asked.

 

Johnny pursed his lips as he thought that over. Then shook his head. “She’s not really my type.”

 

Ben snorted. “As if you can afford to be picky.”

 

“What’s that supposed to mean?” he asked.

 

“Nothing, look we’ve got a bigger problem.” Ben asserted. “Amy’s going in the wrong direction. What the hell did she say she was following?”

 

“She said something about fish in the sky. Does she mean the clouds?” Johnny suggested.

 

“I don’t know, but we’ve got to turn her around.” Ben raised his voice slightly. “Amy, you’re going the wrong way. You have to walk in the other direction.”

 

Amy looked down at her tiny companions with a frown on her lips. “But that isn’t the way the sky fishies are swimming.”

 

Ben could vaguely hear Johnny whisper in pure dread, “Oh my God.”

 

“Amy, do you trust me?” he softly asked.

 

“With all of my heart,” she beamed.

 

Ben nodded, a tender smile forming on his face. “Then turn around, and take us home.”

 

“You got it,” Amy assured him. Then she immediately turned around, all the while watching the ground for people, and started off towards her house.

 

It seemed that he had found a way to cut through the effects of the drug, at least for a few seconds. Some of Amy’s more baser instincts were too ingrained into her head to be blanked out by the LDS. Just as she was so fully committed to watching her steps, Amy was equally committed to believing and trusting Ben, the person who had saved her life a year ago.

 

Hsssssssssssss. BOOM!

 

Out of nowhere, a ball of red fire blossomed right in front of Amy, followed immediately by the sound of thunder. She squealed in surprise and terror at the sudden explosion, trying her hardest to reel away from the sparks. The friends in her hand were thrown from their feet as Amy flinched and ducked away.

 

“What the fuck was that!” Johnny cried.

 

Amy had instinctively used her free hand to try and shield her tiny passengers, but Ben had managed to catch a glimpse of the trailing sparks. “Fireworks!” he yelled back. “Someone set off a firework!”

 

Another firework exploded, this time on Amy’s right hand side. The sky flashed green for a second as another loud BOOM filled the air. Fireworks can be a frightening spectacle even when viewed from the ground. But up close and personal, the colorful flashes became bombs in the open air, their deafening sounds and blinding light permeated every sense. Even the shockwaves of their detonations could be felt through the body. For Amy, who’s mind was still racing with minor hallucinations, the experience was downright horrifying. She cried out again in distress while trying her hardest to escape the blasts. It was a miracle that she had already walked past the area of the park where the picnickers were sitting, otherwise she might have done something truly mortifying.

 

“Ben!” she called out in fear. “What’s going on! I’m scared!”

 

Amy was completely caught off guard by the third firework, that exploded closer to her than the previous two. She tried so hard to lunge away that she lost her balance and felt to one knee. Amy managed to keep her right hand, the one that held her friends, level and close to her chest to shield them. Her left hand sought support from anything it could grab as she dropped to her knee. By sheer chance her hand came down on top of a mighty tree, standing tall and dominant at the very edge of the park. The 65ft tall tree, that had endured over a century of storms and snow, didn’t last a second against Amy’s strength. The sound of the tree’s thick trunk snapping echoed over the entire park, and beyond. Wood splinter, some more than a foot long, flew into the air as the tree crashed to the ground. From their position in Amy’s hand, our group of friends stood with their hands clasped firmly over their ears. The snap of the immense trunk was like listening to a whip crack played through amplifiers the size of refrigerators. But it didn’t stop there.

 

Just as Amy was about to stand up, two more fireworks actually exploded against her back. This time the bursts didn’t force her to her knees, they brought the drugged giantess down. When Amy fell the ground itself shook under her sheer mass and the force of her impact. A line of trees that separate the park from the street were completely flattened by her chest. The crunch of several cars could each be distinctly heard across the park. When Ben looked up from where he lay sprawled on Amy’s cushioning palm, he saw the gigantic form of his unofficial girlfriend lying with her cheek to the ground. Even as she fell, the instinct to protect her friends was so strong that Amy refused the support of her right hand, just so she could keep them safe.

 

“Amy!” he cried out. “Amy! Open your eyes! Tell me you’re ok!”

 

The big girl stirred with a slight moan but kept her eyes closed. “Ben?” she muttered vaguely. “I think I tripped. I’m just gonna lay here for a little bit.”

 

Ben sagged in relief when he saw that she was completely unharmed. Then again, they were just fireworks, not bombs or anything. Loud and scary as hell, especially to a drugged individual, but not enough to actually hurt Amy.

 

“Is anyone here hurt at all?” he asked his friends that had landed with him.

 

Johnny stood up with a groan. “Scarred for life, but not physically. So I guess that’s a positive.”

 

Ben nodded. “Mark? Betty?”

 

Both were standing up themselves, no damage visible on them. “Just shaken,” Mark answered.

 

“But not stirred,” Betty added.

 

“Alright Amy, we’re all ok over here. Time to get up, we have to take you home.” Ben told her.

 

But Amy, it seemed, wasn’t willing to deter from her nap. “Later,” she cooed. “It’s so comfy here.”

 

“Amy!” Ben protested, but to no avail. He racked his brain for an idea, any idea that would get her to move. She seemed to keep going back and forth from playful to sleepy. If that’s what the LSD was doing to her, then they’d need to find a way to instigate her playful side if they wanted to get her to move. Which meant . . . . .

 

“Guys,” he said out loud. “I’ve got an idea, but I think it’s bad.”

 

“Should I even ask how bad?” Mark redundantly asked.

 

“She might step on us.” he answered.

 

Betty, who had impressively been taking this all in stride, nodded. “What’s the plan?”

 

Ben told them his idea for provoking Amy into moving. When they couldn’t think of a better idea, they all agreed.

 

“Amy,” Ben called out. “Aren’t you ready to play yet?”

 

Amy managed to open one of her eyes and vaguely focus on the people on her hand. “Huh? Play? What are we playing?”

 

“Don’t you remember? You said you wanted to chase us around. Well, we’re ready to go now.”

 

Now that seemed to snap her out of her sleepy daze. “Chase!” Amy exclaimed as she lifted her head a bit. “You guys wanna play chase?”

 

Mark nodded, forcing a smile. “Yeah Amy, that’s your favorite game, right?”

 

She nodded enthusiastically. “I love it because you’re all so tiny, it’s so adorable to watch you run around.”

 

Johnny snorted as he stepped down from her hand. “Yeah well we won’t be running. You’ll have to follow our car.”

 

From the park it would be a twelve minute drive to Amy’s house. And with the whole town currently in the park for the picnic and barbeque, the streets would be practically empty. All the had to do was keep heading directly west as fast as they could and they might just make it out of this alive. Together they all stepped down from Amy’s palm and gathered together while Amy stood up and stretch, the drug still making her waver and slightly.

 

“You guys ready?” she asked.

 

“Yeah Amy, almost ready.” Betty answered. “Ok, so where did you two park your car again?”

 

“One.” Amy said aloud.

 

They all looked up at Amy, who had her eyes closed, with pure horror etched across each of their faces. “What’s she doing?” Johnny hoarsely whispered.

 

“Two.” she continued.

 

“No Amy! We’re not ready!” Mark yelled. “Fuck! I don’t think we parked anywhere close to here!”

 

“Three.”

 

“Move people! MOVE!” Ben jeered as he took off at a sprint into the streets.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

I'm not gonna sugar coat it people who actually read this, it's been a rough time for me. I know that isn't an excuse to just drop out at the end of a huge cliff hanger but I couldn't find the inspiration to write for a while. Thankfully that's all changed. I hope. But not as much as I hope you still enjoy this chapter. Please give a comment and let me know what your thoughts are. Am I slipping up in this story? Is it still good? Was it ever good? I need to know this stuff.