- Text Size +

Laughing, you enter the empty house.  You held the door for your best friends to enter and prepare for the surprise party you were throwing for your next door neighbor.  Well not exactly next door neighbor, she lived a couple of houses down but she was close by.  Hana moved in with her little daughter a couple of years ago.  Being the nice guy that you are, you went over and introduced yourself to her.  She was a lovely looking lady, with blonde hair just to her shoulders, a cute smile, and a nice body.  She was around your age (mid 20) and has a cute little girl named Beth who was only a few years old when you met her.  Hana moved out here after her husband died leaving Hana to take care of Beth by herself.  Getting to know Hana more over the years you struck up a bond with her and grew very, very close to each other.  You helped watch Beth while Hana worked or went out to have some girl time.  She gave you a copy of her key to her house in case she needed you to drop by or just wanted to hang out.  The two of you grew very close and today you were planning on asking her out on a date, after the party.

The party was to celebrate Hana’s job.  Hana creates perfumes and she just finished and sold her first finished product.  It was called ‘Moring Rain’ and was Hana’s pride and joy.  You knew how hard she worked on it and wanted to throw her a party to celebrate her success.  Calling a couple of friends to come over and help throw it, you waited until Hana left with Beth to go shopping to set it up.  There are a total of 6 people in your group counting yourself: Trixie and her husband Bobby, Aerial and her friends Patrick and Kaylee.

“When does she get back,” Bobby asked. 

“Maybe in an hour or so?  We need to quickly set everything up,” You told Bobby.

“So what’s this party for again,” Trixie asked you.

You opened a bag of cheese puffs and placed them in a bowl and set them on the kitchen table.  Patrick and Kaylee put a six pack of soda and beer in the fridge to keep them cool.  After putting out a few more things you turned around and said, “Hana completed her first perfume and I thought we should celebrate it.”

“She made a perfume?  Really, what does it smell like,” Trixie asked.

“It smells like…” You started but stopped.  You had the faint smell in your head but couldn’t describe it to her.  “Well it’s called ‘Morning Rain’.”

“Sounds nice,” Kaylee said.

“What does morning rain smell like,” Bob asked.

“I… you know I bet she got some of it in her work room.  You all want to smell it?” You asked heading down a hallway to a door that you recognized was Hana’s work room.  Hana told you to never go in there without her no matter what but you figured that it wouldn’t take more than a few seconds.  Everyone followed you toward the door that had a warning sign hanging on it to keep Beth out.  Beth was always kind of a nosey girl.  She would always open doors and likes to ask questions.  Hana’s work room was the one place she wasn’t allowed to go in because it could be a dangerous place for a child to be, so Hana put the sign up and usually kept the door locked just in case.  Testing the door you found it locked like usual but luckily the house key was the same as the door lock.  Unlocking the door you led the other five in the room. 

Looking around, the place had tabletops filled with vials and notes all over the place in a mess.  If you didn’t know Hana you would have thought that someone took a pile of papers and just threw them all over the room.  There were vials with different looking liquids all over the place and you tried to remember what color the perfume was.  There were a couple of chemical hazard suits hanging on the wall.  Hana would always wear one if she was in here and would have you wear one if you came into the room but never told you why.  You always assumed so you didn’t reek of perfume.  It was weird the air was odorless for a room dedicated on making perfume. 

“Hey is this it?” Bobby called over.  You went next to him as he held a liquid that was blue color.  You don’t remember what color the perfume was but figured it had to be because rain is blue and so is the liquid.  He showed you where he found it next to another vial that had a red liquid in it.  Curious you sniffed it and found out that it wasn’t ‘Morning Rain’ but had a weird kind of smell to it. 

“No it isn’t, but that is a weird smell.”  Everyone came by and smelled it too.  Kaylee took a pipette and added a drop in her hands and started to apply the smell to her.  “What are you doing?” You asked.

“What?  I thought it smelled interesting.  Besides I think she would like it if she came home and smelled her product on everyone.”

“But that’s not the same one,” You said before Bobby did the same.

“Well maybe it’s another one she made or is making?  I think Kaylee is right,” Bobby said as he passed the pipette around.  You were the last one to put the perfume on and thought about it.  Maybe it wasn’t a bad idea.  Following the rest of the group you put on the perfume.  They were right it had a weird yet interesting smell to it.  After a while you couldn’t find ‘Morning Rain’ and decided to just let Hana find it for you.  Ushering everyone out of the room to hurry up and set the party up you closed the door and locked it to keep Beth out.

Heading back into the living room and kitchen you were about to pull some plates out when Kaylee stumbled a little.  You were about to say something when your head was spinning.  You were looking around to see everyone else groaning and looking dizzy and sick.  Before you knew it, you blacked out…

 

“Help mommy with the groceries,” Hana shouted waking you up.  You opened your eyes and felt your head still spinning as you looked around the room with a blurry eye sight.  You couldn’t make out anything but could hear the sounds of Beth stomping around like she sometimes does when she eats too much candy. 

“Ok mommy,” Beth replied shouting.  Why were they shouting, it wasn’t that big of a house.  Your eyes were starting to adjust and the moment they did you felt your heart stop beating.  The entire world was enormous. 

“Impossible…” you said stunned.  You had to be like an inch or so tall as you looked around.  The coffee table’s leg was like a skyscraper to you as you looked up.  Turning around you screamed out in horror as you notice 5 bugs about your size just lying there like they were sleeping.  Moving to run away you notice that something was terribly wrong with your body.  Looking down at your arms you saw why.  Your arm wasn’t an arm anymore it was a bug leg.  You quickly looked at your body.  You looked just like the other 5 bugs on the floor.  “No, no, no…” you said panicky at your predicament.  You were now a bug…

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

If you find any mistakes please let me know.  I'm still posting for the other story.