- Text Size +

Ashley tried to talk sense into her family, while Frank waited near the entrance of the camp.

“No,” her mom and dad said.  “You’re not going to camp impersonating someone else.  We will just come back tomorrow and try again.”

“But mom, dad; what if we have to wait until next week, or even longer?  I promised that I would return Brad to normal, I have to try.”

Amanda was the next to say something, “You don’t even know anything about Brittney Fredrick.  How are you supposed to be her if you don’t know anything about her?”

Ashley looked down at her feet and mumbled, “I know but it’s better than doing nothing.”

After a couple of seconds Ashley’s dad said, “Ok.”

“What?” Amanda and her mom said at once.

Ashley’s dad shrugged, “The worst that can happen is we have to come and pick her up from camp.  I agree with Ashley, it’s better than waiting a week or longer.”

After some more discussion Ashley’s mom agreed, Amanda was the only one who still wasn’t convinced.  “I still don’t like it.  I’m grateful that you want to help but I think this is a bit too extreme.”

Ashley pleaded to get her sister on her side.  “Amanda, please, I have to do this.  If I get Brad then everything will return to normal, and you won’t be mad at me.”

Amanda was shocked, “Are you doing this because you think I hate you?” Ashley nodded.  “Ashley, I don’t hate you, I…I’m just a little upset you didn’t tell me sooner. I mean it’s not like you hurt him or anything, right?”

Ashley shook her and smiled, “No, we just played some fun games.”

“See, nothing to be mad at you with, so you don’t have to do this.  I’m sure Diana will keep him safe until we can get to him.”

“Still, Amanda please just let me try.”

Amanda, let out a sigh.  She didn’t say anything for a while then, “… ok.”

Ashley smiled at her, “Thanks, I promise I’ll find Brad.”

They were all in agreement to letting Ashley impersonate Brittney Fredrick.  As a family they walked over back to Frank who asked, “Is everything fine?”

“Yeah it’s just we don’t have any clothes for our daughter and were debating on heading home to go get them or drop them off tomorrow morning.  Is it alright to come back tomorrow with her clothes?”  Ashley’s mom said.

“Of course,” Frank said.  “In fact I think some of her camp mate might let her borrow some clothes until then.  Well, let me show you were you will be staying.”  With that Frank walked Ashley to a cabin after she said goodbye to her family. 

Ashley followed Frank to the cabin she will be staying at.  She was thinking about where Diana might be so she can hurry up and find Brad.  She passed by dozens of cabins and Ashley was having second thoughts.  The camp was big; she asked Frank how many campers are here.  “Well, we usually have about 500 to 600 campers every year.  This year I think it’s a little over 600.”

Ashley was shocked at how many people were here.  It was going to take a while to find Diana.  Frank reached their destination and showed Ashley a cabin that had four beds with bags near all but one.  No one was in the cabin.  “Where is everyone?”

“Oh right they just had dinner.  Are you hungry, the kitchens might still be open if you want something.”

Ashley wasn’t feeling very hungry, her dad bought some fast food right before they got on the right exit toward the camp.  “No I already ate something.”

“Well that’s good.  Dinner should be over soon, and campers need to be back in their cabins in a few minutes so they should…”

Before Frank could finish what he was saying there was the sound of three girls laughing.  “There they are, well I need to get back to the camp entrance.  Don’t worry about the clothes your parents will get you some in no time, but if you do need any just ask a camper or one of the supervisors to get you some change of clothes.”  With that Frank left right before the group of girls as they entered the Cabin.

Ashley looked at the girls and noticed they were roughly the same age as her.  She smiled and waved at them.  One of the girls asked who she was.  Ashley replied: “Hello, I’m Brittney Fredrick.”

One of the girls in the group frowned at her. “No you’re not,” she said.

 

You tried to get some sleep but the images of Cynthia trying to kill you ran through you head.  Surely she was just playing around and didn’t really want to kill you right?  What did you do to her that made her want to kill you so badly?  Maybe it’s a misunderstanding?  That’s it, all you have to do tomorrow is clear up this big misunderstanding and you’ll be fine.  You just wish you could convince yourself that. 

Letting out a sigh you started to look around to see if there was any hope of escape.  Not to your surprise, there wasn’t.  You were in a half filled gym bag with folded clothes around you.  You couldn’t tell what kind due to the lack of light, but the texture and smell of fresh clothes gave you a good idea of what was in the bag with you; at least they were washed.  You should just get some sleep for the big day you’re about to have tomorrow with Cynthia, but you just couldn’t fall asleep.  Either from the anticipation of tomorrow or the fact you didn’t want to give up so easily, you lay awake in the gym bag. 

Deciding to at least attempt to do something rather than sit and wait for the inevitable, you got up and walked around; or to the best of your ability.  The ground was hard due to the clothes packed in, but it still was soft.  It was like walking on packed down marshmallows.  You thought of piling the clothes up in one corner and try and climb out.  After a couple of hours of pushing and pulling you barely moved any clothes except for some socks and even then you were nowhere near the top.  Getting upset you shout in anger.  You heard one of the girls turning in her sleep and mumbling something indistinctly.  Making a note to yourself to keep it down, you started to pace around trying to think something up.

You realized that you didn’t have to escape; you only needed to avoid Cynthia.  Smiling to yourself for trying to complicate something that was so simple, you started to dig into the pile of clothes.  You passed by one layer of clothing, as you buried yourself deeper and deeper into the bag.  You don’t know how long it has been but it got to the point where it was getting hard to breath.  Deciding it was better to stop then to completely burrier yourself and suffocate you stop.  You were in-between a pair of underwear and silk shorts.  Knowing that you will be safe from Cynthia you slowly start to drift off to sleep.

 

“Yes I am,” Ashley tried to sound convincing but she wasn’t able to pull it off.

The girl who doubted her spoke up again.  “You’re not Brittney.  Now tell me who you are or else.”  Ashley could hear the tension building as no one said a word.  Ashley didn’t want to be discovered so soon but obviously no one was buying it as the other girls started to frown at her also. 

Giving in and hoping nothing bad will happen Ashley decided to tell these girls who she really was.  “Ok… I’m not Brittney, my name is Ashley.”

“Why were you tried to be Brittney? I don’t like people who lie. ” She said still angry at her.

“It’s a long story but I needed to get into this camp and get something important from a friend, but my family wasn’t allowed into camp.  So I decided to act like Brittney… but I guess I couldn’t…” Ashley said sadly as she realized how stupid her plan was.  “I really need to find my friend,” she mumbled under her breathe.

None of the girls said anything for a while.  Then the one who caught Ashley’s as an imposter, walked over and held out her hand and said, “My names Caitlyn.”

Ashley was stunted at what Caitlyn was doing but took her hand and shook it.  “So you won’t tell anyone?”  Caitlyn shook her head no.  “Thank you,” Ashley said, “but how did you know I wasn’t Brittney?”

Caitlyn grinned at her, “She is my next door neighbor.  The other day she twisted her leg and had to go to the doctor.  Her parents said she wouldn’t be able to make it to camp.  I guess her parents didn’t call the camp director.”

One of the other girls asked, “What are you looking for?”

“I can’t tell you, I have to keep it a secret.”

Ashley could tell they didn’t like that answer but didn’t pry.  The other girls introduced themselves as, Ellie (the one who just asked) and Wendy.  Wendy then asked who she was looking for who had the ‘secret’ item.

“Her name is Diana Callaway.  Do you know her?”  Sadly none of the girls know who she was. 

“Are there any features that make her stand out?”  Ellie asked.

Ashley thought about it for a little while but couldn’t think of anything.  She described Diana to the best of her ability but again none of the girls could recall seeing a girl with that description.  However Ashley didn’t let this get to her, she should be able to pick out Diana easily when she sees her.  “Are there soccer fields here?”  Ashley asked and Caitlyn said they did.  “She will most likely be there tomorrow.”

“So you’re going to the soccer fields tomorrow?”  Ellie asked.

“Yeah,” Ashley replied.

“You’re going to need someone to show you, I’ll take you,” Ellie said.

“Really?  Thanks!”

“No problem besides, I like to play soccer too.  Maybe I might see her on the field for you.”

Ashley again thanked Ellie for her help and decided to get to know her cabin mates better by talking with them.  Things like where they live, favorite food, color, clothes they like to wear, and so on.  She also learned a lot about camp, like how large it is, and that there are two dining halls; one for half the camp and another on the other side of the camp.  The camp living areas were divided by gender; girls and boys.  There were group showers around the camp along with a lake to swim in and archery practice near the lake.  The camp keeps the dining hall open until 10:00 for breakfast and if you miss it you can’t have breakfast.  Lunch is open from 12:00 to 3:00 and again the rules are if you miss it no food for you.  Dinner on the other hand there will be a bell calling for dinner around 7:00 were everyone goes to eat, if you miss it you don’t get any food after 8:00. 

It was getting late and they all decided to go to bed.  Ashley felt close to her three roommates, even though they just meet.

“Good night: Caitlyn, Wendy, and Ellie.”  Ashley said as she got into bed.

Wendy said, “Good night; Brittney.”   This caused them all to laugh as Ashley began to fall asleep.

 

Your world flipped upside down as you tumbled around with the pair of underwear and silk shorts.  Now you were upside down with the shorts on top of you with the underwear below you.  Having no idea what was going on you dare not move.  There was some rustling noise and then light shone on you as you covered your face to keep yourself from going blind.  Your eyes adjusted to see Cynthia smiling at you, causing your blood to freeze.  For some reason you didn’t expect her to dump out the clothes and search for you.

“There you are,” she whispered.  “You thought you could hide from me?”

“I-I wasn’t hiding I was cold… so I thought I should get under some clothes so I don’t catch a cold…”

She gave you a look like she thought you were stupid.  “Really?  Do you really think I would believe a stupid lie like that?”

“…”  You didn’t know what to say.  Before you could say a word Cynthia picked you up.  You were able to see around the room and noticed everyone was asleep.  There was a clock on the wall above the door and you saw that it was 7:00.  Great, you get to spend a lot of time with Cynthia… or as long as you have to live.  You noticed Cynthia was already in different clothes and ready for the day. 

She gave you a wicked grin as she pulled you close to her face.  Her breathe washed over you making you gag, from her morning breath.  Did she not brush her teeth?  It was like something died in her mouth.  You quickly cover your hand over your noise to stop the smell from making you sick.  “Ready for some breakfast,” she asked in a sinister voice.  As she drawled out the word breakfast, she exhaled her breathe all over you.  The humid, stench made your skin crawl from the putrid fumes coming from her mouth.  Liquid started to form on your skin as she drew out the word, either from her spit or the humidity you don’t know; either way it smelled atrocious. 

You quickly nodded your head, hoping this would get her to close her mouth.  She closed her mouth, and smiled at you.  “Good I knew you would be hungry.”  Almost if her stomach knew what she was saying it let out a big growl.  She lifted up her shirt half way to show you her pudgy stomach.  Using the hand you are in she placed you and her hand on her gut and started to rub in circler motions.  She let out a moan.  “Ohhh I’m sooo hungry.  I can’t wait for breakfast.”

You were smashed into her jelly like skin as she smeared your face up and around in circles.  She applied enough force to make you shout out in pain, forcing a mouthful of her flesh into your mouth.  You could tell she hadn’t washed in a while because there was a distinct flavor of sweat and dirt.  Cynthia then retracted you from her stomach and dropped her shirt.  “Well, let’s go get something to eat.  They say a good breakfast is the start of a good day.”  You were then dropped into her pocket as she walked out the cabin and down toward the kitchen for her meal.

You couldn’t really tell where you were except for the occasional sound of some people talking.  You heard some doors open and then there was some chatter.  Then there was clanking: like the sound of plates, silverware, cups, and trays.  You must be in the cafeteria.  You heard Cynthia say something you couldn’t make out and then you were moving again.  There was the sound of a plate being set down and then you were being retracted from her pocket.  You looked around to see your environment.

You were in a corner of the cafeteria, which only had about 10 to 20 people all spread out.  Cynthia’s back was to the center of the cafeteria, so no one would be able to see you unless they stood behind Cynthia and looked over her head.  You turned around to see a plate full of pancakes with a tall glass of milk and a bottle of syrup.

“Oh I forgot to ask, do you like pancakes?”  You slowly nodded your head.  “Good, because I loooove pancakes.  I could eat them all day long and never get sick from them.”  As she talked she started to cut up her pancakes.  “But what I love more than pancakes, is pancakes with toppings…”

The words barely registered with your brain when she picked you up and dropped you on top of her pancakes.  You fell on top of a piece of pancake as she picked up the bottle of syrup and started to pour it on her pancakes, and you.  She let out a gleeful laughter as she drenched you and the pancake pieces in the maple syrup.  You were quickly covered in the sticky substance.  You tried to roll off the pancakes but found out you were stuck.  You could barely move an inch as the syrup restricted your movement.  With all your effort you manage to sit up.

You looked up with horror in your eyes.  Cynthia licked her lips as her stomach let out another growl.  “Time to dig in!”

“You can’t do this!” you shouted making her pause in mid stab. 

She gave you a puzzled look.  “Why not?”

“What?” you sputter spitting out syrup.  “Because I’m a person!”

She let out a laugh, “No you’re not, your my food.”

How did you know she was going to say that.  Fine you didn’t want to say it due to how demeaning it is; but if it saves your life… “What about Diana, I’m not hers.  She promised to return me, if you eat me then she won’t be able to and she will hate you forever.”

Cynthia just shrugged, “She’ll get over it, besides she said there were more of you.  Whoever you belong to will just get a new one.”

… You had no idea what to say. 

“Ok let’s try this again.”  Cynthia said as she raised her fork high and brought it down with a stab.  It pierced a piece of pancake next to you making you shout in fear.  She let out a delighted laugh as she brought the piece up to her face and chomped down on her fork eating the pancake.  “You should see your face,” she said with a mouthful of pancake.  Repeating the process she brought the fork down making you shout again, as it impaled a piece of pancake on the other side of you.  This made you struggle more allowing you to stand up with great effort.  You were about to get off the piece of pancake when Cynthia knocked you over with her fork.  She then pressed down with the underside of the fork pushing you into the pancake.  When the fork was removed she then quickly stabbed two pieces and shoved them in her mouth.  She speeded up her eating pace as she swallowed the chunks of pancakes without chewing.  In mere moments there was only one piece of pancake left. 

“I don’t think I could eat another bite…” she said groaning.  You let out a sigh of relief.

“Well… one more bite won’t hurt anyone…” this made her giggle at her joke as she raised the fork.  You closed your eyes as you waited for the pain to pierce your body.  A few moments latter nothing happened.  You opened your eyes to see Cynthia looking at you with a grin on her face.  “Did you really think I would eat you?”  You didn’t move or say anything.  “Hahahah,  Oh my God!  You really thought I would eat you.”  You couldn’t believe what you were hearing.  She used her fork to scoop you off her pancake as she ate the last piece of pancake.  She was still laughing out loud as she swallowed her food.  “I soooo got you!”

“What the hell!” you shouted at her.  “Why would you do something like this?”

She gave you a look, like you were stupid: “Because it was funny.”  You were speechless.  “Well now you’re all sticky.  Hmmmm, how to clean you, I could put you in my mouth...” she gave you a wicked grin as she scooped you up with her fork.  She brought you over her glass of milk.  She turned her fork over and let you fall down into her cup.  You quickly resurface from the white liquid and looked up at her.  Cynthia picked up the cup, causing you to groan.  You knew what was coming next.  Cynthia brought the cup to her lips and started to drink the milk.  At first she slowly sipped the drink, but as time passed she started to open her mouth and let the drink flow into her mouth as she started to gulp it down faster and faster.  It got to the point where you were swimming desperately trying to out swim the current as the liquid was poured down Cynthia’s throat into her gut.  You almost passed her lips when she drank most of the liquid.  She put the cup back down with you in the nearly empty cup of milk.

“Ahhhhh! That was refreshing.  Oh you’re still alive?”

“Wait, I thought you weren’t going to try and kill me?”  You were confused and scarred at this girl.  You wish she would make up her mind.  If she were going to kill you then you want to know so you could at least be ready for it.

Cynthia just shrugged, “If you die by accident, not my fault.”  You couldn’t believe what she was saying.  At first she was attempting to kill you, then it was a joke, and now she doesn’t care if she kills you? 

“Look at the time it’s only 8.  Now what else to do…”

 

Ashley woke up and noticed one of the girls, Wendy was already up and gone.  Ashley looked at the clock, it was only 8.  She felt kind of hungry and decided to go and get some food, but didn’t know exactly where the cafeteria was.  So she got up and went to wake up Caitlyn.  At first she didn’t wake up but after Ashley shook her a few times she final got up.  “Caitlyn, I’m sorry but I don’t know where the dining hall is.”

“mmhhmmm, ok let me get dressed,” she said sleepily as she got out of bed and changed her clothes.  Ashley thanked her as she waited for her to show her where the dining hall is.  As they walked through the doors there was a slight plump girl who walked past the two of them.  Ashley and Caitlyn got some food as they meet Wendy who was already eating.  They sat there talking and eating pancakes, while Ashley looked for Diana.  Ashley waited and waited as she looked through the kids who started to file in and out of the cafeteria.  But she didn’t see her, worse she noticed there was a mixture of boys and girls too. 

“Caitlyn, I thought you said camp was divided into boys and girls?”

“No I said the living area is.  The dining halls are available for any gender.”

“So Diana might not be eating at this one?”

Caitlyn shook her head no.  “She could be at the other one, and there isn’t a certain one you’re supposed to be at either, each dining hall makes different food, so she might come to this one or the other one.”

Ashley felt her confidence of finding Diana start to fade.  This place was big, and had a lot of people.  There were so many places Diana could be at.  This will be harder than she thought. 

 

You were again in Cynthia’s pocket as she finished her breakfast and headed back to the cabin.  The smell of milk filled her pocket as you haven’t been washed off from your experience with the cup of milk.  You were possible halfway to the cabin when Cynthia pulled you out of her pocket.  She held you up to her face and gave you smirk.  “I think I have something in my teeth.  Go check for me.”  You didn’t have time to reply as she instantly popped you into her mouth and started to suck on you.  You were quickly assaulted by the smell of maple syrup and milk as her breath washed over you.  Cynthia’s tongue started to flick you around in her mouth as she bathed you in her saliva.  Your body was tossed around like a rag doll as she covered you in spittle.  After being flipped over for the hundredth time, Cynthia placed your body on her molars.

They slowly descended on to you as you shouted out in fear, “Cynthia stop!!”  The only reply you got was her molars still descending on you and a “mmmmm” sound from her.  You decided to roll to the side, but were blocked by her check pushing on you and her tongue blocking your other side.  The molars final touched your body and pressed down.  The rough texture of her teeth poked your skin as she applied a small amount of pressure to keep you from moving.  Cynthia kept you pinned between her teeth as she slowly started to softly chew you.  It was enough force to cause you to shout in pain each time she bit you, but not enough to break any bones or tear your skin.  Cynthia’s teeth retracted just enough for you to let out a gasp as they came back down on you with the same amount of force as last time.  It was like being stepped on, only that the feet stepping on you have sharp objects all over them; instead of sweat there is saliva everywhere.  Cynthia continued to chew on your body as if you were a play thing for her amusement (which in her eyes you pretty much were). 

You didn’t know how long it has been but you figured a while considering you lost any feeling in your limbs and body from the constant torture you had to deal with.  Cynthia’s teeth were about to greet your face again when they stopped mere inches from your face.  Light shined in from the front of her mouth and you could see the cabin door was in front of her.  In a mere second Cynthia’s tongue fished you out from under her teeth and then she spit your body into the palm of her hand.

You were able to see your body as it was covered in Cynthia’s saliva, along with red marks covering your body from the constant onslaught of Cynthia’s teeth.   You reeked of her breath but you got accustomed to the smell so it didn’t really bother you as much as it did when she first put you in her mouth.  Cynthia didn’t acknowledge your existence as she simple slipped you into her pocket.  You heard the cabin door open and heard Diana and the others were already up.

“Hey Cynthia,” Diana said.  “What’s for breakfast?”

“Pancakes at the southern dining hall, don’t know about the northern.”

“Ugh, I don’t want pancakes; I had them the other day.”  Diana said.

“We could go check what the northern one has?”  Stephanie chimed in.

“I guess so, but it’s further away… fine let’s go, come on Rachel.” You heard the three girls leave the cabin, neither one of them caring about your fate.  Cynthia pulled you out of her pocket and placed you on her bed as she stood there staring at you, devising a plan of what to do with you.

A grin spread across her face, “Do you like archery?”

 

Ashley walked back to her cabin now that the kitchen was closed.  She didn’t see Diana at all.  She must have gone to the other dining hall for breakfast.  Trying to stay positive, she would just have to find Diana somewhere else.  Thinking of all the group activities, where could she be… there was soccer.  Yeah she had to be there, she loved to play soccer more than anything else.  Ashley meet Ellie already dressed for soccer.

“Ready to go?” she asked.  Ashley nodded as she said by to Wendy and Caitlyn, who were going to go swimming.  Ashley went to the soccer field with Ellie, as they walked Ashley learned that she plays striker.  So did Diana, so if she is on the soccer fields then Ellie is bond to see her.

 

Diana just got back from breakfast, she had eggs and bacon.  When she got back she saw Cynthia using Brad as a foot rest, well he was much of a foot rest.  She was pretty much just stepping on him.  Diana was feeling slightly jealous that Cynthia gets to have Brad all to herself, but she will have a chance tonight to get to play with him all tomorrow.  Cynthia looked up at Diana and gave her a smile that showed how much she was enjoying her new play thing.

“What did you all eat?”

“Eggs,” Stephanie said.

“Cool, but pancakes are better.  Well I’m going to go practice my archery.” 

“I’m going to the soccer fields with Stephanie,” Diana said.  “What about you Rachel?”

“Archery,” she said softly.

Diana nodded as she went to her bags and pulled out her soccer supplies.  She let out a sound of horror; she forgot her shin guards, and cleats.  “I forgot my soccer equipment… now I can’t play.”  Diana let out a sound of pure anger.

“You could use mine,” Stephanie tried to offer.

“No… it’s alright… I guess I’ll go swimming instead.”

“Sorry.  I guess I’ll see you at lunch?”  Stephanie asked.

“Yeah, you go have fun,” Diana said as she pulled out her swim suit.  She couldn’t believe her luck of forgetting her shoes and shin guards.  She waved Stephanie goodbye and saw Cynthia and Rachel leave for archery.  Diana would have to ask a counsel if she could borrow some soccer supplies later, now she just wanted to have some fun.

 

Cynthia held Brad in her hand as they walked toward the archery field.  “Hey Rachel have you been practicing?”  Rachel nodded her head.  “Yeah me too, but I don’t have any targets.  So I usually aim for squirrels or other animals.  This one time I hit a cat.  Have you ever heard a cat screech before?  It makes the loudest sound ever…”

You were appalled at the things Cynthia was saying.  Who does that, better yet who lets 9 year olds practice shooting anything?  You didn’t like were this was heading.  As Cynthia continued her talking of how good of a shot she was you wondered what Cynthia was going to do with you.  She never said a word to you about.  So when you reached the archery field you waited for her to drop you into her pocket.  She didn’t.  Rachel came up to next to Cynthia and looked at you with eyes of wonder.  Why couldn’t she have you for today?  You doubt she would do anything Cynthia has done to you.  Maybe you could get her to help you?

You were final dropped into her pocket as Cynthia went to pick up a bow and some arrows.  She shot some and then went to retrieve them.  You could hear the sound of the arrows being fired from all around and the thunking of them hitting the targets.  Around the fourth time of Cynthia retrieving her arrows, Cynthia picked you up out of her pocket. 

“Look at my target,” she said allowing you to examine the markets she made.  She was a good shot.  A lot were on or close to the bulls eye on the target.  She removed the paper and said she was going to keep it as a souvenir.  She folded it and put it in her pocket.  Before you knew it she placed you up on the wooden block with one hand and with the other tapped your body.  Cynthia then placed a target paper over your body, so you would be under the bulls eye.  You let out a shout for help as you panicked.  The paper was stretched out as Cynthia let out a laugh, you could hear the sound of more tap as she tapped down the edges of the paper.

“NO!  DON’T DO THIS!!”

“Don’t worry, I almost never hit the bulls eye.  This is just… motivation.”  Then Cynthia walked away laughing out loud.

“NOOO!!!” You shouted hoping another archer would save you… no one did.

You were trembling as you tried to pull the tape off, but you were stuck fast.  You were shivering from fear as you couldn’t see anything from under the sheet.  You kept shouting hoping someone would come by and hear you’re pleading.  “Someone please-”

THUNK!

The sound of an arrow hitting the wooden block scared you to death as you let out a terrified scream.  If it weren’t for the fact you were going to die you would kill yourself for the sound you just made.  “No no no no,” you kept mumbling terrified at what was about to happen you closed your eyes and continued to mumble.  Your heart was beating so fast and loud, it was on the verge of exploding.

THUNK!

“Ahhh!” you shouted again as another arrow hit the block.

THUNK!

THUNK!

THUNK!

You stopped shouting and just kept your eyes closed.  You flinched as arrow after arrow slammed into the wooden block, waiting for the next arrow to end your life.

 

Cynthia let another arrow lose and watched it hit mere inches from Brad.  She was smiling to herself as she knocked her last arrow and then let it lose as it landed about a hair’s breadth ways from Brad’s head.  She was tempted to kill him there, but where was the fun in that?  No, she will wait until the end of camp to finish him off.  Until then she will just torture him.  The camp supervisor in charge of watching and helping the kids practice archery walked over to Cynthia.

“Wow Cynthia.  You’re getting good; you almost hit the bulls eye.”

She beamed the instructor, “Thanks!”

 

After your twentieth near death experience, there wasn’t the sound of an arrow hitting the block.  It has been a couple of minutes and you think she’s out of arrows.  There was the sound of foot steeps as the target paper was removed.  You saw Cynthia looking at you with a smirk on her face.  You started to let tears fall as you begged her to stop. 

“Oh stop your bawling.  I haven’t even hit you yet.”

“WHAT?!?  Please stop I’m begging you!”

Cynthia let out a huff and said, “Fine.” She pulled you down from the block; the pain of the tap being torn from you was worth it.  Cynthia then put up another target paper and put you into her pocket, “You owe me big time,” she said as she walked back to continue shooting.  You didn’t know what that meant but you passed out in her pocket from the sheer shock of almost dying.  

 

You woke up with the sun already setting.  You were lying in a pile of clothes in the same gym bag as this morning.  There was some food from what you suppose was lunch that Cynthia left you.  There was the sound of some talking and then the cabin door opened up.  It was Diana and the rest of the girls, “-and blamo right in the head!” Cynthia said which made them all burst into laughter.

“How do you come up with these jokes?”  Diana asked.

“I don’t know, they just come out of nowhere,” Cynthia said.

“So where is he?” Stephanie asked.

“Who, Brad?  The little baby passed out this morning.  You know he is a little scaredy cat.”

“Really,” Diana said stifling a laugh. “Ok let’s find out who gets him tomorrow.”

Again the game of rock paper scissors was played and the winner was… Stephanie.

“I won?  I won!  Oh yeah,” she said.  A hand, which belonged to Stephanie, picked you up and she smiled at you.  “You better get some sleep little guy because tomorrow we have a big day tomorrow.  There’s a soccer tournament and you’re invited.  Oh and if you pass out… well you’re going to regret it.” She said with a sinister laugh.  The other girls laughed along with her, except Rachel who looked a little down from losing her second match of rock paper scissors.  You were then placed back down into the bag to sleep, you may have avoided Cynthia but something tells you that tomorrow might be worse…

 

Ashley headed back to the cabin after dinner.  She didn’t see Diana at all on any of the three soccer fields, nor at lunch or dinner.  The only upside to the day was her parents brought her clothes to have.  She also gave them an invite to come back the day after tomorrow.  So Ashley has until then to get Brad back and her sister will like her again.

“Did any of you see Diana?” 

Ellie and Caitlyn shook their heads no. 

“I might have…” Wendy said.

“Really, where?”  Ashley asked.

“Down near the lake, I was swimming with some friends and I thought I saw her get out of the lake and head to the bathrooms.  I mean I didn’t see her that well, and I could have mistaken it.  She might be there tomorrow.”

“Ok, I’ll go swimming tomorrow, to check.” 

“Ok, I’ll go with you,” Caitlyn said.

“Me too,” Wendy said.

“I can’t we have a soccer tournament.”

“That’s ok if you see her tell her Ashley is waiting for her at the southern dining hall for lunch or dinner.”

“Ok,” Ellie said.  With the entire next day planed out they got ready for bed.  Ashley was about to drift off to sleep, wondering how Brad’s first day of camp was.  She bet he was having as much fun as she was.

Chapter End Notes:

Sorry it took so long, i didn't wan't to split up Cynthia's first day with Brad.