- Text Size +

One day somewhere in the Paldea region in the Pokemon World, there was a significantly young girl named Poppy bored out of her mind. She was easily one of the strongest trainers in this part of the world, which made her part of the group called the Elite Four. This was even more impressive considering her age. The person she cared most about was another member of the same league at a similar skill level, often acting as her sitter, whose name was Rika. “Rika! Rika!” Poppy called her motherly figure as they, along with the rest of the Pokemon League were examining technology imported from Galar to see how they could potentially spice up future battles. 



“What is it, kiddo?” Rika responded with a yawn herself.



“Well, Ummm… I’m sorta bored. And so are you, so let’s do something!”



“Sorry Poppy, but we are only supposed to watch for now 'cause we might need ta help later with our Pokemon.”



“Pleeeease! I mean only Pokemon can get dinomaxed so can’t we look closely at it for a second…? If you get yelled at, I promise to give you a big hug later to help you feel better.”



“You mean dynamaxed? Well, I suppose you do have a point… Fine, you can just look for only a sec, but no more complaining after, okay?!”



“Oki-Doki!”


Poppy reached over to touch the experimental dynamax band from the case that Rika recently opened up when the older gal was not looking. Then once the hand made contact, there was an apparent reaction happening causing the band to explode and the energy to seep into that child. Suddenly, the feeling was too much to take for the young girl and she fainted. Rika had planned to carry her to a scientist to report what just happened, but then Poppy started to grow taller evenly at a rapid speed. She was turning into a giant and the building was going to collapse, so everyone else including the other members of the Elite Four tried to prioritize their safety in an evacuation, as they were in a way more dangerous situation than that kid was.



----



After almost everyone was successfully evacuated and briefly grieved the loss of the few, Rika strongly felt the urge to stop the still growing colossal. This was partly over the concern of the damage Poppy could potentially do to the world, but mainly because she felt responsible for the mistake that caused this all to occur. The caretaker wanted to make sure she could fix it without anything bad happening to the young girl no matter the cost. The older one felt that the gal belonging to the Elite Four was too innocent for anything bad to happen to her. Also, the other two Elite Four members of Paldea were either knocked out or badly injured with no other skilled trainers in sight.



For all these reasons, Rika felt like she had to be the one to stop this event from escalating too much. Her first step in this long journey involved riding her Donphan across the land and her Whiscash across the water while using her other Pokemon especially her trusty Clodsire for help. This was a race against time to another research station before Poppy ended up accidentally destroying it with her sheer size. What would be in that center would be the development of another Galar device which she vaguely remembered could theoretically instantly reverse a Dynamax growth. She prayed to Arceus that it would all manage to work before it was too late for her friend and possibly everything else too.



----



When Poppy finally opened her eyes she was greeted by an unfamiliar sight of puddles, thin patches of grass, and a strange gray substance on the ground. If she were better at geography at school she most likely would have realized what was happening already. However, she was quite unaware of what the moss-like objects below her were and then briefly remembered being told to examine something before she touched it. She did not want to stay still for too long and her curiosity was getting the better of her, so she figured she might as well investigate the especially unusual substance around her. First, she gazed down carefully as she tried to momentarily hold her breath to avoid breathing a lot of it in, in case it happened to be poisonous. 



Even with an up-close view, she did not have the vaguest idea what the strange object or collection of it could be. She figured it must be due to not learning a topic in education due to having not been ready to be taught it yet. Instead of poking it with her fingers yet even though she wanted to, she figured it would be a lot safer to do so with part of her shoes on her to avoid causing any harm. When she did so, she was pleasantly surprised to see it practically disintegrate into dust after being touched. Whatever it was, she felt like it was too unguarded to be anything important that people knew about and too insignificant to be a newly discovered Pokemon so she narrowed it down to something sort of like a weird and different kind of grass.



----



Thankfully for Rika’s sake, she was quick and lucky enough to avoid being crushed by Poppy’s briefly slow movements relative to her enormous size. As her massive eyes gazed down on the city before her filled with wonder, everyone in it made sure to do their best for their continued evacuation. Thankfully with her trying not to breathe any of them in and mostly succeeding, it gave some of the faster ones the time they needed to escape. However, most of them would not be safe for much longer as even though the enlarged sights, smells, and other senses were bad already they would only be getting much worse. This is because the not so little anymore girl decided to touch more of the city with the dirty footwear that she was wearing.



As the normal-sized member of the Elite Four continued her journey she realized there might be an easier solution to her ginormous problem. If what she found beforehand was a way for the impossibly huge giant to be aware of the destruction she was causing, the young girl might just stop. Of course, this was less likely for it to work but it seemed to be a faster potential way to solve this issue. For these reasons, the caretaker decided to make a detour to a high-tech communications tower that happened to not be too far away. She hoped to find a mechanism like a megaphone with the ability to enhance her voice to an insane degree as she remembered hearing rumors that such a device existed there. 



----



Poppy figured the ground was safe to walk on and after thinking for a moment, assumed she was teleported to this location by accident by a Pokemon or some sort of gadget. She figured that was enough time to stop thinking for now as she wanted to have more fun until someone would inevitably come to help her. This young girl wanted to feel the unusual ground seemingly disappear under her shoes some more. She assumed it would be no harm done as there was so much of it below her and even if it was, she could always play innocent. The kid continued doing just what she had planned as she started to walk around and steadily increased the speed and impact of her actions. 



Soon enough she was not simply walking anymore and appeared to be stomping around as she giggled at all the damage she was causing by doing something so similar. She was always told that she was quite small and had no reason that came to mind to doubt that. As she saw her distinguishable shoeprints initially being left in the places where she stood, she playfully stepped on them again as she watched the once clear signature of her feet quickly become way more of a mess. Not long after, she got so bored of watching that she just started to walk around aimlessly. This would change soon enough when she heard a noticeable noise for the first time since she saw her environment change and it happened to sound just like Rika!



----



That voice did indeed belong to Rika after she had made a pitstop at that sort of super megaphone located at that nearby tower she was aiming to go to first. Without needing much of an explanation and seeing the location mostly abandoned she was able to get to the device she wanted to go to faster than she had even anticipated. Just a moment after vastly increasing the volume of that contraption and testing it out, it seemed to work. It ended up being quite loud but not nearly as much as the booms and thuds Poppy had made with her simply walking around. All the caretaker had said was the usual greeting she often gave, but this time there with a noticeable nervousness in her speech.



She had assumed it was a success as the rampaging child turned around to face her general direction and started to respond with an incredibly deep and booming voice of her own saying “Oh wow Rika?! Where are youuuuuu?!”



The older lady speaking through that advanced technology talked back and said “Keep it down kiddo, please… Where I am is not important 'cause what is important is that dynamax equipment you used ended up using made you freaking huge. All that gray stuff below you are probably entire cities… So please just stay still as best as you can, I trust that of you.”



“So I’m like that giant lady person from that Unova movie only way bigger?! That sounds like so much fun! I get to play the monster all I want and don’t worry I won’t crush you Rika. Catch me if you can~” 



“Wait!” Was all the caretaker could respond before realizing that talking to this colossus anymore was no doubt hopeless in changing her mind. At least Poppy seemed to honor her word as she changed her direction while stomping away from her to avoid causing any harm to the person she cared most deeply about. This felt bittersweet for Rika as sure she made it a lot more likely for her to succeed with her plan of returning her responsibility to normal size. However, it also indirectly leads to the giant going out of her way to cause even more destruction than before. That made the more experienced one feel a bit guilty about that but tried to not allow it to get to her that much as she had to remain focused on resuming her original plan. 



----



Poppy now knew that she was huge and kept that certain knowledge at the front of her mind as she continued her now more destructive rampage. She continued to stomp around in the opposite direction she heard Rika talk to her a few moments prior, caring little about the damage she brought as long as her favorite person was safe enough. The young girl trusted her caretaker enough to keep herself alive from all this mayhem the significantly larger lady caused around those smaller than her.  The colossal one walked around thinking of new ways to enjoy herself at the moment, not knowing how much longer it was going to last. She figured she might as well do so as she could potentially return to her regular height before she knew it. 



What this particular Elite Four member ended up doing was dragging her feet on the ground and jumping around like she was simply playing in some mud. She also poked the gray designs below her that she figured must have been now seemingly tiny towns or cities. The impossibly giant child continued to do so as she made numerous, often mediocre designs like she was simply making some drawings. These included but were not limited to relatively simple illustrations such as hearts or poke balls to more complex ones such as how Rika and she looked earlier and finished it off with a signature of her name. Poppy was sure not to damage her work afterward as she destroyed plenty of the more time-consuming structures others made instead.



----



Rika continued her mission of trying to shrink Poppy down back to normal by heading to that facility the still regular-sized Elite Four-person had her eyes set on from the start. Luckily for her, the humongous girl in the way of this mission happened not to fully destroy that center and seemed to not be doing that any time soon. However, there was still the objective of succeeding in time while moving around all the mountains of debris, horrific stench, and other hardships that her dynamaxed friend had left while experiencing her dangerous fun. The caretaker simply moved forward no matter the metaphorical blood on her hand from this. Soon she would get close enough to her destination to see the structure was halfway covered in rubble. 



Meanwhile, the rest of the Paldeans watched in dread as most tried their best to predict the rampaging young lady’s movements to escape strategically. Many also noticed her previous babysitter’s efforts and put their faith in her to fix this mess. Due to that and also not wanting a significantly lousy reputation with the rest of the world, they tried to keep this disaster a regional secret for as long as they could. Those nearby just had to bear with the danger and humiliation the once proudly displayed trainer-turned-threat gave them as her shoes and fingers caused an insane amount of death and destruction to those around these people. Neither humans nor Pokemon were spared if they happened to be in the way of her and the crude drawings she made. 



----



Poppy was the elite danger to this planet because she could not fully grasp the terrible reality of the situation, which she saw as barely anything more than a fun game that she was in charge of. This activity of hers did end up tiring her out soon enough as she started to get comfortable by taking off her admittingly stuffy shoes, but leaving her socks on to avoid getting her feet that dirty. For the first time she could remember since she woke up this morning, she planned to stay relatively still. It may not have a complete lack of motion but compared to the energetic movements she recently did, it might as well have been. After that particular bit of footwear was entirely off, she decided to finally lay down and get herself in a comfy position. 



For Poppy to go to sleep, she moved herself a bit on the ground with her legs and hands before keeping those palms back in her pockets to attempt to avoid any further distractions. Her mind wandered to many parts of her life, interests, and possible futures of all sorts. However, what she mainly thought of was the events she had experienced today and the chaotic yet enjoyable activities that she took part in while doing so. She had hoped that everything would return to relatively normal sometime or at least something would change a bit. This was not because she was guilty or worried about the damage she had and would cause in the future, but simply because she had already started to get bored from all of her excitement earlier.



----



After a little bit more time had passed, the ginormous girl’s body had stopped her motions which were almost entirely at rest. She barely moved or even made noises such as snoring or talking in her sleep. Although even her slight movements of any sort were magnified by her sheer size. Even the act of simply taking off her shoes magnified the terrible stench at least tenfold by what was hidden under only part of her footwear. This does not include the death and destruction the articles of clothing had caused when it was removed from her feet, or the ones now extra up close and personal inside her own pockets when huge swaths of land and the sentient beings they held were brought into her clothes when her hands put them in each pocket.



During all this time Rika had once again, set herself forward to this facility of potential shrinkage hoping she or the building would not get destroyed. However, she was not heading there for much longer as she had now reached the structure successfully with the help of her Pokemon and her own body. She took a brief moment to catch her breath when she had to but constantly remembered the goal of fixing the devasting mistake she had caused was her top priority. The lady headed to the laboratory of the abandoned complex and before long found the object of her desire. It was an experimental, size-restoring device in the form of some kind of ray gun she would spot some inspirations from at least one movie she saw made by Pokestar Studios. 



This same member of the elite four opened up a nearby window with a clear shot of the one she was supposed to be caring for. She turned and fired away at the colossus as she saw her seemingly disappear.  After a while, she went all the way to Poppy’s last known location and made sure to be the first one there to do her job of protecting her once again. When she arrived she embraced her in a motherly hug as she would often do in the past. The now once again little girl would smile at seeing Rika clearly before realizing the potential concerns of being sent to a form of jail for all of the mischief she caused as the one comforting her had to comfort her with her words alongside her actions once again.



“Kiddo there’s no need to worry. That Penny girl hacked our institute to steal lots and all she got was some community service” The caretaker said continuing to hug her responsibility with almost everyone forgetting about the tiny people still stuck in that pocket, somehow.



The End!