- Text Size +

In this Chapter:   The perspective of the micro cities and country is brought to the forefront as they find themselves in a strange, new, and much bigger world before their life changes for forever after looking up towards the sky at an imposing figure towering above their ways of life. 

Main Tags of This Chapter:  Tiny POV.  Crush.  Destruction.  Feet.  Unaware. 

 

 

              Hundreds of millions of people were all experiencing the same gut wrenching and mind breaking sights that appeared to have come out of darkest reaches of possibility.  From the skies across their various worlds, the view was almost demonic, apocalyptic in nature.  Swirls of dark grey clouds swarming with erratic electrical energy enamored with blue lightning streaking across the sky, the lightning pulsating faster and faster as a low rumble emanated beneath everyone, shaking the foundations of their lands with a deep tremor.

              Each and every city occupied with terrified people in their own reality and universe, each city in their own environment, some surrounded by mountains, others in valleys, some by oceans, some cities were engulfed by the swarming clouds during nighttime, some during the day, others during a freezing cold winter, others in the hottest summers, but it didn’t matter, the storms didn’t care as they consumed everything in their paths. 

              Entire townships and cities were surrounded, warning sirens blared as mass panic ensued, people running in all directions as the intense wind blew gusts through the streets and rattled windows.  There were car crashes,  people throwing themselves into whatever shelter or indoor safe area they could.  Others stayed behind to help people inside buildings as the sirens continued to wail throughout the cities and neighborhoods.  Howling winds whipping above in the sky with an eerie screech over the sirens as the lightning continue to streak within the dark clouds accompanied with a creepy absence of thunder.   

              Life came to a complete halt as the tumultuous clouds encapsulated the cities, blocking out all views of the sky in every direction.  The lightning surged as it started to strike the tallest buildings and buzz, but the energy only swelled more.  Little sparks of blue static electricity could be seen flickering off every surface and material, including people’s bodies and skin, but it wasn’t painful, just strangely brisk in temperature as it repeatedly pulsed. 

              Anybody inside their homes or sheltered within a building that had access to a television saw a beeping emergency warning, the text ticker sliding across the bottom of the screen just simply stating that this was not a test and to seek shelter immediately, people screamed on the streets, they ran out of their office buildings, they called their loved ones, but the phone signals were dying, and the power was surging as the lights in buildings hummed and brightened. 

              People stuck in their cars as the blue lightning struck all around them, too scared to get out of their cars on the jampacked highways.  Others trying to run out of their cars and down the crowded streets, shouting and running as lightning cascaded all around them, a small amount of people unfortunate enough to be struck directly by the blue lightning, their bodies disappearing instantly into nothingness as people in their cars watched them vanish out of thin air and without a trace, not knowing if they were dead or the storm took them somewhere else. 

              The clouds closed in like a towering and sentient wall of darkness, seemingly engulfed within a hurricane of science fiction and make believe, but it was happening, it was no dream, the people in each of their realities and worlds felt a little colder suddenly as the wind started to calm and the electricity and lightning slowly dissipated, the clouds disappearing as the view of the sky was eerily and suddenly darker.  Their cities and lands ripped from their world and reality. 

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

Snowfield

              Snowfield was one of the cities taken in the night.  In the distance were sets of massive windows, a white glow coming from through the glass, but it didn’t make any sense, especially for the people in the city by the doorway, people turning to look up towards a dark wall, leading up towards a handle that seemed to be recognizable on anybody’s doorway at home or in a building, but it was gigantic, stretching above them by miles. 

Those higher up in this city could see across the darkened floor, a strange sight, many other flashing lights in the distance, towers of light reflecting the white glow of the huge windows towering above everything, they were other cities, all spread out across the vast new land they all found themselves living on, but the land was flat, all views of mountains, or the oceans, or rivers were all gone, vanished, replaced by four towering walls and gigantic windows.     

              A radio broadcast coming over the city speaker systems closest to the huge door, “Residents of Snowfield, please remain calm; seek shelter immediately and stay indoors until further notice” the sirens winding down as there was an eerie stillness in the air.  The message kept playing throughout downtown and into the suburbs and neighborhoods of their community of over a million people.  Dozens of helicopters were flying above the city broadcasting the message downward towards the people of the city, their red blinking lights over the city hovering.   

              Suddenly, there was a dull earthquake as people braced, but it only lasted for a few seconds, the people calming themselves, but then there was another slightly more intense quake that shook everyone.  The quakes were methodic as they only grew with intensity until people were shaking and nearly falling to the ground, but they abruptly stopped, a loud metallic creaking sounded throughout Snowfield as the citizens heard it all at once. 

              The broadcasting messages died out as almost everything went quiet, barely any buzzes of people’s voices or cars, just the sounds of helicopters hovering in the distance and a few car alarms going off from being shook violently from one of the quakes.  People slowly came out of their shelters and buildings, staring at each other and towards strange ceiling above even the tallest buildings and skyscrapers of Snowfield.  Others took their opportunity within the stillness of the awestruck people and weaved through the crowds towards their homes, but nothing could have prepared the city for what kind of nightmare they were about to find themselves in. 

              Each person from within the downtown metropolis all the way out to the farthest neighborhoods and suburbs could hear and feel another more intense quake, windows shook, items fell off shelves, windows shattered, people fell to the floor and screamed.  Then as if the people of Snowfield were trapped within a sick joke of reality, the metallic clanking of the giant door handle started to twist a few miles above the city, the door swinging outward and away, but within the doorframe was something the people couldn’t quite understand. 

              It was a shadowy figure, curving with the shape of a human body in the dark, but the figure was impossibly large.  Some people shook their heads, others laughed and dismissed the dream-like sight that could have only been imagined up in someone’s mind, that was, until, the figure took a step forward, a dark shadow befalling over dozens of neighborhoods, an intense quake shaking everyone back to the ground as tens of thousands of people were crushed to death in an instant by the awestriking wall of flesh. 

              Those in the neighborhoods could barely find the will to scream as it was such an unbelievable and unrealistic sight, the screams only coming as the shadow was right over them, like a black mass, but it was already too late, the fleshy mass drove into the ground with tremendous force, obliterating everything underneath it with a horrific grinding noise, but that was only one of five masses, the people realized they were looking at a shadowy foot, the five toes of the foot coming down upon them and into more neighborhoods as the massive skin radiated a subtle warmth outward. 

              The surrealism started to trickle across the city as people picked themselves up and began to run, but another quake shook them as thousands of people screamed, the foot was lifted, the toes were spread outward as millions of tons of debris and crushed bodies fell off the bottom of the skin, splattering and exploding onto the ground beneath the behemoth foot like a nightmare rain.  The gut churning sight of thousands of squished bodies peeling off the bottom of the warm flesh and smacking against the ground into a burst of red mist and twisted guts was enough to send people into shock who found themselves witness to the disgusting display happening right before them while the flesh hovered a mile above the city. 

              Just as the panic started though, the foot settled into another grouping of neighborhoods as thousands more were crushed just before the other foot in the doorway was lifted directly over downtown, everyone in hysterics as they still refused to believe the scene as the foot loomed over them, the sound of a dull whirring in the air as the flesh grew closer and closer, tiny fireballs of red and orange illuminating the bottom of the flesh only briefly as the sole plowed through the helicopters hovering high above the city with little effort.  The sole only growing bigger in comparison of their tallest buildings before they started to collapse and shatter into dust before hundreds of thousands of screams were squelched out in an instant as the sole pressed downward onto everything followed by a lifeless silence. 

              Then it was suddenly brighter, the massive ceiling that was incomprehensibly huge, lit up with rows of lights illuminating everything, the city in total chaos, or at least what was left of it, half of Snowfield already buried under the fleshy soles, a million people dead in a nightmare minute, the remaining people panicked and clawed at any shelter they could, but the rest could only stare up from the floor towards her.

              It was a woman, her exposed and bare stomach round with fertility, her long legs covered in black fabric from above the ankles and up towering above the city for miles, her feet embedded into the remains of a million people, there she was looming over the entire existence of what was once a city, she had hazel eyes, wavy darkish hair flowing down her shoulders, her face staring down back at the city, her face was beautiful some thought in a small moment of clarity, realizing what they were looking at, but she also appeared to be in pain and enamored with confusion. 

              Everything came to another standstill as the panic stopped for what seemed like an agonizingly long minute.  What remained of the population of Snowfield were all staring up at the young, pregnant giant woman, the sounds of injured people screaming taking over the cityscape, they were buried under rubble, or half crushed and bleeding out with horrific injuries, dying in the streets stained red with blood, the rest grinded into bloody scrapes beneath her feet and toes, the sound of her breathing was lulling, like a soft and quiet rolling thunder.  Surely, she sees us, surely since the lights are on she knew what she had just done and would leave, some thought. 

              But no, she lifted her left foot again, aiming her big toe down at what remained of downtown, her skin looming above them and blocking out the view of her body and face before her toe and thick nail made contact with several buildings as they tipped over and burst into powder that billowed through the streets like a dust storm, tens of thousands of people dying as horrid explosions burst through the air through the dark plumes of smoke and ash following the terrifying crunching noise of her toe impacting the ground and onto thousands more, their bodies crumbling under her flesh as it pressed onto them, squishing and grinding.   

              The city retuned to panic, people covered in ash crying and begging, not knowing where to run, others dropping to their knees and praying, people wailed in anguish and disbelief, desperately trying to call their families on their phones, others jumped into cars thinking it was an acceptable shelter.  All while the giantess was silent, her eyes lulled as she appeared to deliberately take the lives of millions without a single care, but everyone was in too much of a crazed confusion to even look up at her, focusing on themselves, others still trying to help the frantic citizens around them into shelter or inside buildings before they felt a deep rumbling beneath the ground. 

              Across the horizon was an unfathomable sight, a rapidly moving tidal wave of her warm flesh rolling towards them, grinding against the ground with a sound that could only be described as earth rendering.  Everything rolled under the flesh of her sole and heel, buildings, people, cars, trees, it didn’t matter; her sole, heel and toes slid over the entirety of Snowfield as people could only watch and scream, desperately trying to run away or put their hands up to defend themselves against the mile tall wall of flesh sweeping towards them before it was all gone.  Snowfield erased and grinded into the floor under the giantess’ foot.               

              The giantess turned and exited through the doorway with a few quakes of her titanic steps, closing the door behind her, the wood of the door settling into its frame with a loud clank that sounded throughout the room.  The other cities spread out across the room could only watch on in terror and bewilderment as they saw a massive woman erase a city right before their eyes, millions of people thinking that they would wake up from the dream at any moment and return to their lives as normal, but the air felt so crisp on their skin and the scent of smoke from the destroyed city smelled so very real as it wafted across the massive room, raining ash down on everyone else. 

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

A space station was orbiting a blue and green planet, the planet swirling with perfect wispy white clouds, the vast oceans separating the land masses and continents.  Territories of vast, snowcapped mountain ranges and winding rivers, patches of green rain forests or golden sandy deserts, it was a beautiful sight as the station tumbled around the planet at high speeds, the view of the world slowly skating under the various windows and modules for the crew to see and stare at in awe. 

“Seeing home like this… it doesn’t get old, huh Milya?” a crew member whispered.

“It never does…” Milya whispered in return as the pair stared out of a small window in the more secluded part of the spacecraft. 

From above the planet, there were no borders to countries, no wars over territories or religions, just peace of mind and silence.  The crew aboard the space station never got tired of the view of their home world as they took their opportunities to stare out of the ports towards their blue marble floating in their universe.

The crew was comprised of international experts in varying fields of focus, all seven of them living aboard the station for months at a time.  Even though some of the astronauts onboard were from countries that historically hated each other, they were a family in space, not tying themselves to any of the political relationships of where they came from, their skin color never mattered, nor their ideologies or life practices, they were united under one banner of science and research. 

But as the space station tumbled over towards the sunlit side of the planet, something meteorologically eventful was unfolding from the view of the windows and modules of the spacecraft.  “Milya!” a man shouted.  Milya shocked out of her conversation, excusing herself from her crewmate and floating through a tubular module towards the rest of her crew.

“What is it?” Milya questioned as she pulled herself towards the windows with the help of bars attached to the walls and ceilings. 

“Look… what is that?” a fellow crewmate asked in the much larger module, buzzing and whirring equipment and computer terminals all around them. 

“Communications are down sir; I don’t have a connection to anyone on the ground” another crewmate said from small station around the corner.   

“Keep trying, see if you can bounce off anything off a comms satellite” the commander ordered.

“Milya, what is happening down there?” a crewmate asked.  Milya floated by her friends and the people whom she considered her family, but upon looking out of the space station window, her heart melted and tightened with overbearing stress.  Milya winced her eyes at the unusual sight, seeing a titanic swirling black cloud system sparking with pale blue flashes spiraling over a vast territory on the planet below. 

“That’s Ostrov!” Milya yelled as she placed her hands on the wall to stabilize herself.    

“That’s impossible, Ostrov isn’t known for such climatological events” the commander stated, his tone weary.

“I’m Ostrovian… I know what my country looks like from up here” Milya calmly stated, staring down her commander as he curled his mouth with confusion

“She’s right, sir, we’re orbiting right over Ostrov” a crewmember replied. 

“That’s not a normal storm…” another crewmate said as the cloud system continued to spread out over the country.  Milya began to panic a bit at the view, the clouds moving faster than anything she had ever seen, even from a view so high above as the station continued to tumble.  Milya being the only crewmember from the country currently engulfed in blackness, could tell that her other colleagues still cared about her wellbeing as they theorized answers. 

“Maybe it’s a distortion of electromagnetic interference in the atmosphere?” another crewmate asked.

“Then why is it moving like that?” a fellow astronaut questioned the logic.

“A volcanic eruption?” someone else asked. 

“It can’t be… there are no volcanos, neither dormant nor active in Ostrov or any of her bordering countries” Milya confidently whispered.

“Do you think it’s dangerous, Milya?” the commander asked. 

“I don’t… know… it’s like nothing I’ve ever seen before… my family is down there, everyone I know…” Milya spoke as the clouds engulfed every last edge of her home country’s land.  Milya’s breathing was increasing steadily as she became worried, feeling a few hands on her shoulders and arms from her crewmates trying to console her, but the station was eerily quiet for a moment. 

“It’s going to be okay, Milya, it’s probably just a sudden storm system and we’ll get you ba-“ the commander spoke to her before he was interrupted. 

“Wait!” Milya shouted as she tapped her finger against the thick window.  The view was becoming increasingly more unsettling as the crew sat in silence, the clouds were disappearing before their eyes, but the more the clouds were vanishing, the more horrific the scene became.  There was nothing left of Ostrov, a barren crater that spanned hundreds of miles, concaving deep within the planet’s outer crust, webbings of cracks and magma leaking from where an entire country once rested. 

“It’s just… gone” one of the engineers said.

“That’s not right… something isn’t right, keep trying to get a connection to Volenskya” the commander ordered. 

“Sir, there’s nothing… all of our beacons in Ostrov… they’re not even registering on my systems anymore” the communications officer said from around the corner.  Meanwhile, Milya was stunned, her eyes widened as her lips were stiff, her insides shivering, forgetting to blink her eyes. 

“How are we gonna get back home!” one of the engineers yelled with panic in his voice.

“That amount of mass just gone… that can’t happen to a planet… the tilt… it’s rotation…” the physicist aboard speaking softly to himself as he stared at the barren flatlands cracking with canyons full of magma. 

“Milya… are you okay?” a crewmember asked, but she refused to speak, just staring out of the window as the satellite tumbled towards the other side of the planet.

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

Ostrov

The citizens all watched as a massive door swung open in the dark of their new world and standing in the doorway was a shady figure that stretched upward and beyond anything someone could comprehend.  The country dotted with cities, towns, villages, military bases, but the country with nearly 200 million people that called Ostrov their home couldn’t believe their eyes.  The figure was human in appearance and looming for dozens of miles above everyone and everything as if it were a god-like monolith.   

Volenksya, the capital city of the respectively powerful country was in high alert, the military was scrambled into the streets as jets and war planes roared above the city and the people.  Residents of the city were escorted into shelters and back to their homes and instructed to stay inside as the city broke into fearful worry, but the military kept everything as organized as possible while armed vehicles and soldiers ran up and down the streets escorting residents to safety.    

The prime minister of Ostrov was in a bunker deep within a mountain range a few miles outside of the city, having been transported there the moment the clouds started to engulf the country he presided over.  He watched the television feeds from the deep within the underground bunker built to withstand nuclear blasts, he barked orders at his top military cabinet and ushered warnings out to all the cities and territories within Ostrov, communicating in mass to the many governors and authorities across his beloved empire. 

The country was brought to its knees after a titanic quake, a loud grinding noise sounding outward from the impact as the miles tall silhouette stepped into the room and onto Ostrov.  Dozens of towns and vast landscapes of farmlands were squished as a wall of flesh pressed onto a territory known for its beautiful and sprawling lake communities.  Thousands of people dying as the quake finally came to a cease, but before anyone could react, there was another squish, the other wall of flesh pressing down into more towns, more farmlands, more forests, squelching out rivers, turning entire mountain ranges into dust. 

Then a light brighter than their sun illuminated everything in Ostrov, but even worse, it illuminated her.  It was starting to make sense to some people, the tremendous shady figure was lit, the massive woman and her body seemingly stretching upward beyond their comprehension, even the people farthest away from her feet could barely see up to her head from her sheer size towering above them. 

Nobody could even react as she took another step over the country.  A pair of smaller cities split by a few river valleys found themselves under the sole of her foot and bare heel.  The cities snuffed out as she twisted her body, the intense crunching noise nearly deafening the people of Ostrov as her heel grinded further into the ground.  Hundreds of thousands of people barely having the time to scream before the mass of flesh hovered over them and came down on them like a planet of curving skin colliding with their cities.  

She then slid her foot next to the other, her toes carving out a canyon wider than the most impressive gorges from their planet, her skin and toes rolling through towns and cities with ease as people screamed and tried to run away from the tidal wave of overbearing flesh.  Everything rumbling and grinding under her massive toes as land was torn and towns were ripped and grinded away and extinguished along with the people who cried out in fear.   

Her toes alone were larger than anything, larger than any mountain, or any grand sea, almost looking like her smallest toe by itself could cover an entire city with room left to spare under her curving skin.  Some people couldn’t even see from out under the curving flesh of her toes looming over them, even though they were miles away from their homes or towns.  Her towering legs like black pillars that stretched into the skies, her protruding belly like a white moon, her face young and beautiful, at least to the people who could see it from under her curving body. 

Then something horrifying happened, as if she was purposefully cruel, psychotic, and dedicated to humiliating Ostrov, she began to rub and wriggle her toes into the earth, grinding and massaging her skin into the ground as the everything rumbled and shook.  Her toes lifting up and down methodically as towns and villages collapsed all around her feet from the tremors.  She then reared her head back in pleasure, as if she took satisfaction from knowingly ending the lives of millions as the rest of the people in Ostrov struggled to look over her round belly, or from her backside and over her large, curving ass. 

A heavily populated city famous for a prestigious university was slowly being shaken to death as they found themselves a few miles away from her towering toes that repeatedly lifted up and down in front of them.  Like a maw, the bottoms of her toes curled over them, the gaps between her toes could easily swallow their entire city as everything was slowly crumbling to dust.  Canyons opened underneath the city like sinkholes each time she wriggled her toes into the soft ground, cracks swallowing buildings and people whole as the panic reached its peak before it was all gone, the city crumbling to dust as she brought her toes down one more time. 

She then looked down as if to inspect the damage she had caused, her vibrant eyes were studying the people of Ostrov, her face looked concerned yet tired, almost as if she hadn’t known what she was doing the whole time, unaware that she had caused the worse massacre ever thought imaginable.  The people of Ostrov got a chance to see her face from above her curving hips and bulging stomach.  Her face appeared more innocent the more people stared at her in return, her visage was pure, she was beautiful and young, but the questions rang through people’s heads, why would she kill so many?  Then her eyes dropped as she seemed to be suddenly enveloped with deep worry in her face, her brow lowering as her eyes widened in shock as if she had realized what she had just done to millions of innocent people.    

It was unavoidable, her body was too far into Ostrov countryside, she would have to take a step onto more land if she were to spare the people from further suffering, but where would her foot fall?  Towns and cities alike by the doorway prayed she would avoid them, but her body was so massive that it seemed like no matter where she went, her body loomed the same size no matter how far away she was.  Her foot alone was miles wide, anything under them would be pressed out of existence as everyone slowly realized that this was a possibility for them.   

She took as step towards the door, a smaller city with a population of a few hundred thousand found itself in the shadow of one of her smaller toes as it came barreling down towards them.  The people barely having time to scream as the flesh loomed closer and closer, and rapidly.  A vicious sound of her skin crunching into the ground and city sounded through the room as the city was buried under her toe along with dozens of towns under the ball of her foot.  The giantess finally leaving through the door, a trail following behind the wake of a few footprints, the miles long prints embedded into the crust as a reminder to Ostrov that this was not a dream.  Plumes of smoke wafting upwards from the many areas of destruction. 

The door clanked behind her as the quakes died off into a soft, rolling thunder.  The prime minister watching in horror from his bunker as his many constituents and authoritarian friends begged him for answers and help, but he was stunned, almost as if he couldn’t hear their desperate voices crying out to him over the speakers.  Many of the feeds from the crushed cities were cut off, having just talked to the governors of those cities or a prominent military leader who were killed, only left with just static or a signal of lost connections. 

Ostrov was in chaos as millions were dead within just a few minutes, cruelly stamped out under a giant woman’s feet, the terrified people of the country looking towards the prime minister for his leadership as even he couldn’t comprehend what was happening, the people electing him to lead their country, but never through such an unimaginable situation.  Watching as a young, fertile goddess wrathfully extinguished city after city and town after town full of innocent people.  The prime minister began to cry in the bunker as the operators and military officials within remained silent and in shock, only the soft buzzing of machinery and equipment sounding within the mountainous cavern. 

 

***                                                                 ***                                                           ***

Millions of people sat in shock within their homes or in shelters deep underground or within office buildings.  Death all around them, surrounding the air from the cities in the office to country of Ostrov in the studio.  They had no idea where they were, why they were there, and who the massive woman was, but they especially didn’t know why she was killing them without a reason.  What did they do to deserve such cruelty and punishment in such a short amount of time?  People wailed and sobbed in the streets, crying, others picking up squished remains of the dead, unrecognizable piles of gore and blood, losing their minds to the idea that this was their new reality, that it was indeed happening. 

Was it an apocalypse, was it deliberate, was she a god?  Nobody had an answer as officials and leaders of the individual cities were left stranded, too awestruck to make a decision, just praying so desperately to wake up from the nightmare, but they replayed the memory in their head over and over again, watching as the giantess crushed everything in her path.  But one thing was creeping in the backs of everyone’s mind no matter where they were in the massive house.  When would she come back…