- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Back again with the latest chapter, hope you all enjoy it! A big thanks to versusterminus7 for his input on this, its was fun discussing the series with him! 

The next few days passed by without any major incidents, apart from a few rehashed complaints concerning Jessica’s dressing. Jack didn’t appear to be fazed by them and neither did Caitlin although Jessica did chalk it up to them adjusting to the new climate.


   It did bring her some comfort not to have to eavesdrop on another couple fight while lying in her tent. That was a relief since all the fights always involved her , she could hear her name come up frequently and always coupled with a few disparaging terms each time.


 Jessica thought it was best to keep away from Caitlin and mind her business, something Jack didn’t resist. Which was way she was shocked when Jack asked her to go and have a chat with Caitlin in town. Jessica had refused(“No Jack, I do not have a death wish”) and urged Jack to reconsider but Jack had insisted she go see Caitlin, who already agreed to it.


 Which is how Jessica found herself in the town square, it's tiles cracked and crumbling, having a chat with Caitlin who sat outside a cafe with a latte for company. She wore a stunning blue dress, Jessica guessing it was an expensive gift from Jack. In contrast, Jessica stuck to the same canvas she had worn two days ago, alternating between different sets to avoid raising a stink.


 “ I-I’m surprised you wanted to hang out with me,” Jessica smiled warmly at Caitlin.


  Caitlin sighed, looking apprehensively at the giantess. Even sitting she still towered over most of the buildings. Jessica was literally head and shoulders over most of the roofs.


“I didn’t, Jack thought if I got to know you better, I’d be more accepting of you. What do you think?” Caitlin was practically sneering at Jessica, the latter could feel the awkwardness.


“ I think it's a good idea. We got off on the wrong foot. I wasn’t trying to eat you in Miami, I was aiming for the vegetables.” Jessica hoped a change in topic would break the ice with her.


 “ Lets not talk about that. I don’t need you reminding me about that. Bad enough you nearly ate me as it is…” Caitlin sipped from her cup, her mood growing more morose with each moment.


 “ Sorry. I just wanted to clear it up with you.You didn’t really let me…” Jessica looked about, she was getting stares from the others in the cafe. One young couple even snapped pictures of her, Jessica smiled at them. They immediately looked away, spooked by her action.


“ Anyway your drink smells good. This whole cafe does.” She took a breath, her nose detecting the rich aroma of the various caffeinated beverages.


“ You can smell my latte?” Caitlin didn’t believe it, Jessica’s manhole sized nostrils should have excelled at taking in all the smells but was it good enough to discern each aroma and odour?


“I can, my sense of smell is much more sensitive compared to a normal person. All my senses are. If it weren’t, you’d have to shout to talk to me.”


“ I feel like doing that most of the time,” Caitlin chuckled to herself.


“ I know it's difficult for you to live with me, I’m not going to pretend it's easy. I’m still getting used to living out here. On that island , things were much simpler.”


“ I agree, you could whatever you wanted right?”


“Not everything,” Jessica admitted.


“I got enough to survive. A roof over my head, fortnightly visits from my father and other people from Leighton , clothes and food.” Jessica felt a tinge of regret, she hadn’t seen her dear father for some time now. Wallace had informed her of his decision to lay low for now, he feared reprisals from Zoltan. Jessica didn’t fight that, she was aware of the fallout from Lauren’s plans.


 “ What clothes did they give you?” Caitlin didn’t like her but Jessica had piqued her curiosity about her previous life as a military experiment.


 “ Oh,” Jessica giggled.


“Nothing fancy, mostly shirts and shorts. I think there were a few tank tops in there but I never wore them when the soldiers came over, got too much attention. I got underwear too, great because my um...my chest needs support.” Jessica pointed at the generous swells bestowed upon her by the family genepool.


“ Yeah…” Caitlin didn’t want  to look at Jessica’s bust, guessing Jessica was at least a large C cup if she were normal sized but at over two hundred feet, those fun bags weighed tonnes. Her cleavage line could fit a bus if Jessica were into that sort of thing. It was just obscene and Jessica had the gall to dress so provocatively around Jack.


“ You need to be more aware of what’s going on around you. If you say your five senses are so attuned then you have zero excuses.”


“ Oh? What I did miss?”


“ Let's start with Jack’s parents wanting to throw you out. He had a big fight when they found out he wanted to keep you,” Caitlin hardly skipped a beat as she announced this. In fact, she rather enjoyed seeing the guilt etched on Jessica’s forlorn face.


“ I-I didn’t know. How bad is it?” Jessica felt her mouth run dry at the bad news, how much was Jack not telling her?

Caitlin smirked but quickly switched to a less gloating expression.


“ Bad enough when he told them. A lot of shouting and he only got them to agree because you saved him once. They aren’t thrilled to have you staying with him, even less thrilled they are paying for your mistakes. You need to contribute or you’ll be less useful than Kim Kardashian,” Caitlin bluntly stated the facts. Jessica looked hurt but she didn’t care, Caitlin thought she brought it all on herself.


“ He never mentioned it…” Jessica struggled for words, was he really doing so much to keep her here? It would be easier if she just left.


“ Telling you wouldn’t have helped. Not to mention all the angry emails and complaints he’s getting. Did you really need to upset Harold like that?”


“They got what deserved, Caitlin. I don’t bully people because I’m bored. Harold’s a jerk who intruded on my bath. I wouldn’t have done any of those things if he didn’t do that. Also, he pepper sprayed me.”


“You have to be above that,” Caitlin chided her.


“The Erikson name will be dragged through the mud. You may not understand it but in these upper class communities, your name means a lot.”


“ I know that, I’m half-Chinese. Reputation means a lot to us too. You’re like Jack huh? Rich?” Jessica attempted another move to shift the conversation elsewhere. She was disheartened to learn of even more struggles he was going through. Paying for her expenses but fighting with his parents just to keep her there. It was both touching and heartbreaking at the same time. Jessica didn’t tell Caitlin about that, she would probably just think she was trying to steal Jack from her.


“ Upper middle class. We were well off enough to not worry about putting food on the table, own two cars, didn’t need to stretch the family finances too much for college. I studied to be a vet and right now, I’m an intern at a small clinic. It pays decently but I do it for the experience.”


“ Any siblings?” Jessica asked further, Caitlin didn’t look irritated by it so she reasoned it was a good path to go down.


“I have a sister, still in college. You?” Caitlin returned it more amicably than she had been for most of her interactions with Jessica.


“ Only child,” Jessica licked her lips without much thought.


“My parents wanted a kid for years but my mom who is a lawyer and you know my dad the scientist, they didn’t exactly get much time. Dad also said they had bad luck when it came to getting that bun in the oven. When they had me, they were so happy…” Jessica sniffled loudly, surprising Caitlin with her emotional display.


“ Congratulations to them. They probably weren’t the most fertile people, it happens. I learned a bit of that in college. It's good to see they managed to have a kid. So I’m guessing they had high expectations? Asian scientist father has to expect all As for you right?”


Jessica chuckled, her laughter heard by all in the town square; as expected when a giant laughs in an open area.


“ I never finished high school, they took me away when I was thirteen. I spent a lot of time in hospitals because of my leukaemia and while my grades weren’t the best, I think my mom and dad were just happy to see me in school instead of a hospital.”


“ And how are they now?”


“My father’s been taking care of me since then, he’s spent his whole life looking out for me. As for my mom...I wish I could say the same,” Jessica felt uneasy as she remembered a particularly dark moment from her past.


“Oh? What happened to her?” Caitlin sat up from her seat, hooked on what appeared to be some startling revelation from Jessica.


“ I’d rather not say, she’s not with me anymore…” Jessica rubbed her forearm, this was bringing up a lot of unpleasant memories she had buried underneath layers of sweeter ones.


“ It's um...it is sad to lose a parent at so young an age? She died when you were still little?” Caitlin treaded carefully, getting too personal was often an unwise move.


“ Yeah...you could say that. Anyway, enough about my family. It's just been me and my dad for the last half of my life,” Jessica flashed a mildly unconvincing smile.


“ Okay noted. Have you um...thought about what you’d like to do now that you’re out? Jack’s spending six figures just feeding you. You’re whale sized but I think you eat enough for an entire city,”


“Oh...I,” Jessica had not given it too much thought. What jobs would she able to do? Office work was out at this point , as was any indoor job. She glanced down at her bicep, flexing it just a bit. It popped just enough to imply she worked out frequently and sufficiently.


“ I would probably need to do something with my muscles. Maybe I could work for Jack’s company, move containers for him and help him increase profits or something like that. I don’t who would be interested in hiring a giant woman right now. It’s not like there’s a job only I can do,” Jessica was ticked by how limited her options were right now. In this climate of fear, most employers would shun her , regardless if she even qualified for the job.


 “ And if there was, they’d have to pay me millions just to even make it worthwhile. I can’t even afford to feed myself on minimum wage. It would be crumbs compared to me.”

 “ Which means you’ll still be indebted to Jack…” Caitlin concluded. She was right and Jessica knew she was right. If not for him, she’d be homeless and foraging for scraps. Worse, she would have to go right back to the government.


 A pop tone rang out, it's bubble gum pop tone clear to Jessica. It seemed to come from Caitlin and true enough, Caitlin took out her phone and slid her finger up to answer.


“Jack? I thought you were busy with work,” Caitlin was flummoxed by the call and Jessica could tell.

“ That’s not exactly work but what’s this about getting Jessica over right now?”


Jessica listened in, her ears could make out Jack’s voice but the static and lower volume meant she only heard fragments of Jack’s sentences. From what she pieced together, it sounded really urgent and he insisted both of them be there in person for this. He was speaking faster than usual , his excitement barely contained.


“ I don’t believe you ACTUALLY got her over. Next you’ll tell me Johnny Depp is going to be hosting your next birthday party!” Caitlin chuckled at her joke but further eavesdropping revealed Jack appeared to be serious. She couldn’t make up the name, it just sounded like a normal German woman’s name.


 This back and forth between the two of them continued , ebbing away at Caitlin’s patience until she appeared to snap at Jack.


“ Okay fine! I’ll get her over, if that’ll make you happy…” she grumbled before hanging up.


She looked back up at her giant house guest, skeptical but not entirely upset over the whole issue.


“Jack wants you back at house. Both of us, because it seems there’s someone there he wants you to meet,”


“O...kay?” Jessica was equally confused by all this. Who was the german woman he wanted to introduce her to?


“ I’ll get a cab and you-” Caitlin was cut off by Jessica wrapping her solid trunk sized fingers around her, like a python gripping it's prey.

“ No don’t carry me!” She protested loudly, drawing the attention of the others around them.


“It will be faster this way, I can outrun any cab without breaking a sweat,” Jessica insisted. She raised her hands upwards before opening her palm, giving Caitlin a platform to stand on.


“ Now lets go, if it's that important we shouldn’t be late,” Jessica insisted.


She ignored the cursing from Caitlin as she stood up and walked back to the house, most of the male members of the cafegoers and shoppers stopping to stare at her hips as they swayed with each step, her truck sized buttcheeks pushing against the canvas skirt she wore, jiggling with each step.


 


 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review!