- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Expect updates from me, I just cannot promise it will be regular updates. I am still committed to finishing all my active stories, no matter how long it takes. A BFG update should be soon, I hope. 

“ I never understood Twitter. 140 words and less, that’s hardly enough to tell a story,” Zoltan griped as he poured himself a glass of whiskey. Opposite him was Kevin, his forehead glistening with perspiration despite the frosty air-conditioning settings, growing more uncomfortable with with the ever foreboding presence Zoltan was.


 “Yet,” Zoltan took a swig of the brown soothing liquid. It flowed down his throat, eliciting a contented sigh.


“ It works so well. They tweet about her, they share their opinions like it matters. Your piece,” Zoltan pointed at Kevin with his pointer finger, the rest of them wrapped around the glass.


 “Your piece was really good. It’s a real fear monger but…” He smiled like the Cheshire cat.


  “ It’s exactly the thing we need.”


  “G-glad you like it,” Kevin smiled apprehensively. He couldn’t believe he had written that crap about Jessica. Even an intern could have done better than him.


 “If there’s anything el-”


 “As a matter of fact there is,” Zoltan interjected. He set the glass on the table, forgoing the use of a coaster which Kevin had conspicuously placed on the table. Kevin looked uneasily as droplets of waters skied down the side of the glass and onto the teak table.


 “ I want more of this, give them a reason to be afraid of her.”


 “ She’s already bigger than King Kong, you don’t need me to do it. What are you afraid of? You think she’ll run for President?” Kevin tittered at that thought, the image of Jessica sitting on the White House tickling him.


 “ I’m more afraid of what the current guy thinks. I have one job: get her back into military hands but I can’t do it without making his poll numbers worse. He’s up for re-election and well, he doesn’t want to be seen as a bully,” Zoltan gulped down the rest of the glass in shot, looking dejected at his circumstances.


 “ Well that explains it,” Kevin said as he refilled his glass with more whiskey to calm his nerves.


 “ I cannot make her look like the victim, which is a lot easier than you think.”


 "Blow it up," he said, then with a smile, "just like she did."


“That’s the problem!” Zoltan exclaimed as he slammed his fist down on the table. He turned to Kevin, shaken by the sudden outburst before continuing although he was more measured.

“ She’s not doing anything! She sits there, lazing around like a bear in hibernation.”


“ Eventually she’ll do something, like maybe if her modelling career takes off, she’ll have to get out and see the world. Trust me Zoltan.”


 He stood up, legs numb from being crossed. He ambled over, feeling the pins and needles in his his thighs and calves to pour himself a drink, which he downed in one shot. It was bitter, and it remained in the back of his throat before dissipating, sending a shiver throughout his body.


 “ Once she has something to fight for, she’ll make mistakes trying to defend whatever she thinks she’s protecting. She’ll make them, she’s a sheltered girl who has never known much about the world outside the four walls she calls a home.


Sooner or later she’ll screw up and you can use that to put her back where she belongs.”


 He downed another glass, his head feeling light as he ambled back to his chair, guilt weighing on his mind despite the advice he had so freely offered.


“Insightful, although time isn’t something I have plenty of at the moment. He thinks if he does it now, people will forget but his rivals will not never let the voters forget.


‘That’s awfully naive, we all know what happened to that former Secretary of State who tried for run for President , without understanding how thirty years of smear campaigns could make her unelectable.


Her career is over now, as far as she’s concerned. ”

************


“ Why hello Jack!”


 Jack had only just planted his feet on to the soft gravel which paved the driveway when Jessica had greeted him.


 He looked up, the only direction one would normally look when addressing her and towering above his house was her, both of her legs slightly spread apart. Jack stopped in his tracks although the servants continued to bring his luggage in without any delay.


 Her megawatt smile was evident but Jack wasn’t focused on that, he soon noticed she was dressed decently. Her tent tarps had been discarded in favour of a proper top, baby blue and sleeveless; she also wore a green pair of shorts. All of it fit her well, showing off her curvy physique.


 “Uh, Earth to Jack? Hi, welcome back from your trip.” Jessica repeated herself, laughing at his inaction.


 “ Pardon me, sorry but I didn’t you know you got clothes, real clothes.”


  “ Yeah,” Jessica nodded enthusiastically. Jack walked through the doors of his house and into the backyard, beyond which Jessica sat.


 “ Who sent them?” Jack asked, quite certain he did not order them and Caitlin didn’t. She didn’t have access to the funds and Jack was sure she wouldn’t help Jessica on her own volition.


  “Eva did, a big truck came the day after you flew off. The delivery guy said it was a bonus, for being such a good employee.”

 “ Probably means you made her look in front of her boss,” Jack explained half-jokingly.


  “ Caitlin was so great, she got a laundromat to clean my clothes so-”


  “I called them because I don’t want  the place to  smell of stale sweat,” Caitlin finished Jessica’s sentence, stepping out from the house. Jack turned around to see her although she moved to position herself between Jessica and him before stopping. Jack turned to her again, a little bemused by her.


Before he could go further, Caitlin hugged him tightly, planting a kiss on his lips.


“ Welcome back , handsome,” she purred.


“ It’s good to be back.”


“I know, which is why I told James to go all fast and furious when we were leaving the airport.”


“ Let's take this upstairs,” she said with a naughty glint in her azure eyes.


“Lets,” Jack said with a cheeky cock of his head.


Jack looked over at Jessica, sniggering at the couple’s display of affections.  


“ Well I’ll-” Jack felt Caitlin yank on his hand, pulling him towards the house with a great deal of impatience.


 “-see you later,” Jack said as he disappeared into the house, going along with Caitlin’s antics.


 After placing his fuschia luggage at the corner, Caitlin brought Jack down to the dining room where rose infused tea awaited them.


“So, your parents...what did they about the…” Caitlin  jerked her head in the direction of the backyard.


 “ Oh…” Jack blew gently as he drank the tea, looking out where the edge of Jessica’s sole could be spotted.


 “The elephant in the room,”he answered flatly. Caitlin nodded.


 “ What did they say? When do you have to evict her?”


 Jack chuckled, “Not for now, and thank God for that.Just thinking about it is enough to make you reach for the whiskey.”


  The fragrant aroma of the tea danced across his tongue, eliciting a contenting pur from his throat.


 “  No evictions or giving Jessica the boot, just concern. They’re still coming over, for the uh….Florida Derby so that is still good to go. They’ll probably want to see Jessica; or not, maybe they won’t. Dad was really ambiguous on it. They might stay at a hotel, nothing’s been confirmed at the moment.”


He took another sip of his tea, the light flavours being a temporary distraction from his current problem.


“ I’ll deal with it when I get to it. Right now...I just want to be with my favourite girl,” Jack leaned in and gave Caitlin a peck on the cheek.


“ Yeah, let’s ignore the problem,” Caitlin smiled cheekily as she sat in his lap and planted a kiss on his lips.


“ You ever talk to them about say, getting Jessica a place of her own? We could have a little privacy that way, no big eye in the sky looking in.”

Jack nodded, “ I haven’t, but good idea though. Who would pay for it?”


Caitlin shrugged her shoulders, the idea being just that: an idea.

“ Whoever has the money. Maybe the government will, they want her back. Maybe she could make a deal with them.”


“ I don’t think she would do that, she seemed adamant about never going back to island living. She said she wanted to experience the world,” Jack stated but Caitlin was not believing that.


“She can’t, she can’t even go into town without her feet ripping up the pavement. Oh wait, she can’t even do that because her feet are too big. Face it, she’s a liability to everyone.”


Jack shook his head, no way could she ever be one. She was a scientific marvel, an accidental one but still a breakthrough.

“ She just needs to find her place. We all have to at some point. Jessica has to do that now.”


“I don’t disagree but do we have to do it for her?” Caitlin asked.She wrapped an arm Jack, leaning her head on his shoulder.


“ She’ll bleed you dry. You’re paying for damages, both intended and unintended. She needs to start pulling her weight or we’ll have to get her to do it,” Caitlin  pleaded. She looked into Jack’s eyes, seemingly empathetic to her argument.


“ She already has a job, pays seven figures in annual salary,” Jack reminded her. His eyes lit up as he suddenly remembered something important.


“Oh yes, I need to tell Jessica about her next shoot. It's in two days, Eva called when I was at the airport,” Jack stood up too fast for Caitlin to sit up. She slipped but steadied herself before she really lost balance. She shot Jack an angry look but he was already heading out the door to the backyard to even notice.


******

When Jack got to Jessica, he found her sprawled out on the grass, soaking up the sun’s rays in her neon bikini which she had changed into moments after Jack and Caitlin had gone into the house. Her enormous chest rose and fell with each breath, her eyes shut as she squeezed an afternoon nap in.


“ You’re settling into the high life really well,” he commented.


Her eyelids fluttered open and she turned her head in his direction. Jack’s heart began to pound just a little faster, the blissful and peaceful look on her made her seem almost princess-like.


“Just five more minutes, please…” She slowly stretched her mile long legs, the crack of her joints audible.


“I was having such a good dream too. You were in it…” She giggled to herself.


“ Any dream I’m in is a good dream.”


He was poked in the chest by Jessica for that.


“ I’m not going to disagree with that,” Jessica cooed as she began to move.


Jack watched as her body rolled onto her side;her left breast squashed against her right and the ground. Jack’s eyes couldn’t help but drift from Jessica’s face and down the rest of her body. It was like looking at art; living art.


“ When in Rome, do as the Romans do,” Jessica replied swiftly, giggling at her own response.


“ You have another shoot in two days, Eva says this time you’ll get to wear the company’s own swimwear. You can keep them, mostly because you’re the only person who can fit into them.”


“Awesome, I should have one for every day of the week now.”


Jack chuckled, “ She says there’s more too, but it’s a surprise.”


“Now I wish we were doing the shoot today. Gosh, to think I used to get excited over new toys. Is this what being an adult feels like? Getting excited over new clothes?”


“You also pay bills too. Go to work, get married, have kids.”


“I’m doing one of those right. Don’t worry about the bills okay, I know I’m expensive to keep around,” Jessica frowned.


“You’re not,” Jack insisted.


Jessica grabbed Jack and laid on her back, the earth shuddering from nearly two thousand tonnes of woman shifting so quickly.


She held Jack above her in an enclosed fist, almost saddened by what she had to say next.


“ You’re going to need thicker walls to fool me. I heard what Caitlin said and I agree. I’m a liability if I keep incurring costs for you. I don’t want to be that kind of guest. When I have my own house and my modelling really takes off, you can send me a bill and we’ll work something out.”


For a moment he considered asking if he had heard any more intimate sounds but decided he didn’t want to hear that answer.


Jack shook his head, “ I should be the one paying you, you saved my life when I didn’t deserve it. This is all on me. Need I mention you did it thrice. This is barely covering the cost of the first time.”


Jessica chuckled, “ And I guess you’re going to say you can’t put a price on a life?”


Jack nodded, it was exactly what he was going to say.


“Exactly, everything I’ve spent getting you a place here and for sustenance is nothing compared to what you’ve done for me.”


“ I worry you’ll overextend yourself.”


“Depends, you planning on destroying any towns soon?” Jack joked.


Jessica chuckled, “ No, not intentionally.”


“ Then I won’t be overspending. Oh, my parents might be dropping by in a month or so.”


“Hmm,you want me out of the house?” Jessica asked, well aware of Jack’s earlier conversation.


“No, they’re going to see you, whether they like it or not.”


“Wow, putting your foot down,” Jessica said as she put him back on the ground, Jack’s shirt slightly damp with his own perspiration.


“ You have really humid hands.”


“It’s not polite to comment on the humidity of a girl’s hands.”


“I thought that was only about her weight,” Jack shot back.


Jessica wagged her finger jokingly, “ The rules have changed but you’re alright, you’re a real gentleman now.”



 

Chapter End Notes:

Please review!