- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Another chapter. Am currently down with stomach flu, that;s going to impact my writing productivity.  Wish me luck. 

 

"We hope to see you again Ms. Jensen,” the blonde salesgirl said as she returned Caitlin’s credit card to her. It was really Jack’s but she never let that stop from racking up a five figure bill, a perk she enjoyed to the fullest.

 

A low tremor from outside drew her attention, Caitlin snorting as she saw the source of it: Jessica. She wasn’t sure how long she had kept the asiatic titaness waiting but from the amount of boob sweat she spied on her top, it was likely an hour or so.

 

“ She’s been ou-outside for two hours, what does she want,” she scoffed at Jessica.

 

 “ Well,” Caitlin paused for a half second as she looked out at Jessica. She appeared to notice Caitlin looking at her and offered a strained smile. Caitlin hadn’t expected the heat to get to her, it may have been ninety in the shade but she assumed Jessica’s superhuman abilities came with better heat regulating. Serves her right for wanting to hang out, Caitlin thought.

 

 “She’s my plus one for today, my boyfriend thinks he has to take her in because she saved his life or something,” she said as if it were a chore. The salesgirl looked over Caitlin’s shoulder, noticing Jessica’s breathing grow slightly laboured. Caitlin noticed the look of concern flash across her face, almost sympathetic to Jessica.

 

“ But don’t worry, we’re going to have lunch. She’ll probably order everything on the menu and I mean everything.”

 

 Caitlin laughed haughtily at her own joke, the salesgirl tittering for the sake of being polite.

 

**********

 

“Alright, we’re done here!” Caitlin yelled to Jessica.

 

 Jessica flashed a look of relief, glad Caitlin’s two and a half hour session of retail therapy was done. She had been a spectator the entire time , watching from outside under the scorching late morning sun’s cancerous rays with Caitlin having the time of her life. Superhuman or not, the Florida sun showed no mercy.

 

At times she had felt light headed , almost in need of a lie down but in this town, the only place she could get shade would be in the comfort of her tent. Thankfully, she had not passed out  but she guessed that would have come further down the line if Caitlin hadn’t come out.

 

   Jessica wondered if that was what the conventional habit a woman her age ought to have engaged in; going on shopping sprees and looking all pretty. Was that what Jack wanted in a woman, she thought to herself. Was that all men wanted?

 

 “ We can go now, hope you weren’t bored or anything,” Caitlin’s voice broke Jessica’s train of thought, forcing her back to reality.

 

 “Awesome, if you stayed in there any longer I would have thought you moved in,” Jessica joked.

 

 Caitlin flashed her best smile, despite how much it pained her to do so. She had set aside this day to do some much needed retail therapy, all funded by Jack of course. It had all gone so smoothly too, setting Jessica off like a stick of dynamite with the story to show Jack the truth about Jessica; the truth that she lacked the self-restraint necessary to live amongst normal people.

 

  She had a devious smirk on her lips as Jack gave her the details of the whole fiasco, how Jessica had made serious threats against Harold which should have seen her expelled from Palm Creek. That didn’t materialise as Jack had then told her she would be spending time with Jessica. Caitlin had tried her best to weasel out of this but Jack had put his foot down over it. .Not wishing to spoil the mood ahead of her shopping trip, Caitlin acquiesced.

 

“ I saw a really great blouse, then I needed a pants to go with it. After that I needed shoes, you know how it is, being a model,” Caitlin explained although Jessica didn’t like the patronising tone she took.

 

 “ I’m not really a model, not yet. I wouldn’t know a cardigan from a blouse,” Jessica shrugged sheepishly. Her clothes were made for comfort, not for flaunting and her father was equally clueless about .

 

 “ You’ll learn, you’ll have to if you want to live like the rest of us,” Caitlin reminded her. Jessica resisted the urge to squash Caitlin like a cherry tomato, the woman was making that seem really appealing at the moment.

 

“ Shall we have lunch? Jack said you would want-”

 

 Caitlin shook her head, waving away Jessica’s words like one of those people who accosted you on the streets to take surveys.

 

 “ I told Bernard to prepare lunch for me. I am definitely in the mood to eat at home. It’s better that way,” Caitlin glanced at Jessica and at the people gawking at her. Always the attention seeker, she thought. She couldn’t go anywhere without people gluing their eyeballs to her vile body.

 

 “Oh, that works too.”

 

   Caitlin took out her phone and quick dialled a number, waiting no more than mere seconds before she got through.

 

 “ Gustave, I’m done with shopping. Be here in five minutes,” she instructed him.

 

 “ I could get us there in half the time,” Jessica extended her hand to Caitlin. It would have seemed like a handshake, if not for the difference in scale.

 

 “ No,” Caitlin shot Jessica a peeved look for even suggesting it.

 

 “ Come on, you’re not afraid of heights are you?”

 

  Caitlin glowered in silence, not saying a word until the limo arrived where she extended the silence by getting into the car.

 

  When she got back, she found Jessica sitting in her usual spot waiting for Caitlin. She watched and smiled as the driver, a balding obese Hispanic man cautioned her about the container’s temperature.

 

 “ Careful now, that thing is hot!”

 

 “ I’m not too bothered by a little heat,” Jessica chuckled. Indeed, she had noted hot food didn’t roast her tongue much these days.

 

    “ Suit yourself senorita,” he smiled before departing in his truck.

 

  Lunch for Jessica was a mountain of chickens, mashed potatoes and greens in separate containers, but that changed as Jessica combined all of it into one mushy pile. Seeing the pile of pig slop and all of it made Caitlin’s stomach churn. In contrast, Caitlin’s was seared salmon , boiled broccoli and chunks of potato with truffle oil drizzled on top.

 

 “ That’s what you eat?” she asked, not for the first time but definitely not for the last either. She had seen Jessica eat and it was like watching a zoo animal eat, that was the only thing which sprang to her mind.

 

 “ It is what it is,” Jessica shrugged it off.

 

  “ You don’t care about the food you eat? You would eat slop and be happy with it?”

 

 “ I don’t think I would go that far,” Jessica guffawed.

 

 “ I’m just happy to have something to eat. In fact, it’s really cool to be out here, experiencing the sights and sounds of the world. Even if the world tends to run and scream because you’re the size of a dinosaur to them but you can’t have everything can you?” Jessica said in between bites.

 

 “ No you can’t,” Caitlin shot back without a second thought, her pale blue eyes filled with petulance for the mountainous girl.

 

 “ But…” she said, almost like a stern parent to a wayward child, “ you must have had life goals. What did you want to be?”

 

“Oooh…” Jessica pondered, her lush velvet lips moulded into an ‘O’ shape. She halted eating and leaned back, her arms supporting her body.

 

“ I never really thought about that, not since I qualified for the WNBA. What did I want to do?” She thought long and hard while Caitlin ate.

 

 “ I did want to be an athlete, back when I thought my skill was all natural. I don’t think I could compete, wouldn’t be fair to everyone when I’d win in one step,” she laughed one of her mirthful laughs.

 

 “ Maybe a soccer player , I loved having the ball at my feet, running up and down the field for ninety minutes, the sun on my back and wind in my hair. I loved the outdoors, probably because I was in bed so much. You kind of want the opposite of that experience,” Jessica flashed her wide pearly smile down at Caitlin.

 

 “ But I had to stop after my body decided it should make me big enough to pick up a T-Rex. Although how I would run with these,” Jessica pointed at her chest which got Caitlin’s attention.

 

Despite hating her Caitlin couldn’t help but agree with Jessica; her breasts, even accounting for the difference in size would actually inhibit her in sports.

 

 “ Well shit like that happens, you may have left the team but you probably became really popular,” Caitlin added with a shrug of her shoulders.

 

“ Ah...I was flat as a board until I hit fourteen; then it's like boom!” She mimed an explosion coming from her chest.

 

 “ These girls came out. That must be why Eva wanted me as a model, for my boobs. If they can make a bra which can contain these, then the littler women like you shouldn’t have a problem,” she chuckled. The rib tickling caused the very objects she had just discussed to jiggle like a water bed.

 

 Caitlin laughed along, finding the giantess’ sense of humour rather apt for this, maybe she was actually wrong about Jessica after all.

 

 “  Shame, you would have no problem getting any man you want with those,” she pointed at her chest.

 

 “ If they want to go out with me. I used to think I’d meet my favourite celebrity and he’d sweep me off my feet.”

 

“Who?” Caitlin asked, prodding her for answers.

 

“Johnny Depp, he’s such a dishy pirate.”

 

  She looked into the distance, almost floating on a cloud as she imagined herself, average sized  standing next to the mercurial actor. His toasted brown skin against hers, her head resting on his chest. Alas, it would not happen.

 

 “ Still, it is just a fantasy,” Jessica paused as she realised her current circumstances would actually have qualified as the fantastical. That little eureka moment made her chuckle although she was more  reserved in that expression of emotion.

 “ Nothing like Jack then?”

 

 “ I guess not, Jack’s handsome in his own way. I assume he is, or else he wouldn’t have gotten you.”   

 

 Caitlin felt her cheeks flush with warmth and colour, the compliment catching her by her surprise.

 

  “ He is definitely handsome. Rich, very generous as you saw just now. All those clothes, all paid for by Jack,” Caitlin cooed. She chuckled and took another bite of her salmon, it's paper thin skin crunching with each bite.

 

  “ He’s really generous….” Jessica commented, wondering how many zeroes Jack would see on his credit card bill. It was surreal to see such money thrown around but now that she thought about it, she hadn’t really seen Jack’s lifestyle much; at least not from the confines of her tent.

 

 Caitlin nodded, flushed with pride.

 

  “ I try not to brag but he’s really the type of guy you do your best to hang on to. My girlfriends get so jealous whenever I tell them about the latest gift he got; did you know for our six month anniversary he took me to Aspen?”

 

   “Oh...he uh did...did he?” Jessica blinked, uncertain if that was a big deal at all.

 

   “ Oh yes!” Caitlin beamed, her eyes sparkling.

 

    “ We skied for a week , while wining and dining at restaurants you wouldn’t know unless you had at least a million to your name.”

 

“ I think the only million I have would be in my weight,” Jessica tittered delightfully at her own stab at humour.

 

  “ How much do you weigh? Like seriously, it never occurred to me how heavy you are. You look kinda healthy, not really obese or anything but still…. ” Caitlin’s nose scrunched up, pushing her cheeks up and to the side as she pondered that.

 

“ Oh probably a few million pounds but let’s not talk about my weight, just know that you’re probably a goner if I sit on you,” Jessica teased.

 

“ I won’t actually do that, I’m not into sitting on people; I haven’t been into it since I hit fifteen feet.”

 

Jessica laughed awkwardly, Caitlin returning to her food as she pondered what was being implied in it. Did she crush someone or was it just a joke? She had to find out more, her desire to know grew as her appetite diminished.

 

 “ That’s really specific, did you like sit on a guy or something? Found out the hard way,”

 

Jessica shook her head assuredly, her hair flowing from side to side.

 

 “ No no, but I uh did punch a girl once.” No sooner had she said it did she regret it. She bit her lip as and looked back to Caitlin, awaiting her reaction. She watched her chew her food, almost as if she were savouring it before swallowing.

 

“ Is she still alive? I don’t know whether to imagine you smearing her across your knuckles or not.”

 

 “Oh yes definitely, she’s alive from what I heard! I don’t think she died, but when they wheeled her away they said she’d probably live,” Jessica rushed through her words, fumbling them like an incompetent juggler.

 

“ Hold on ,you crippled a girl? Oh man, I totally didn’t expect that from you.” Jack would probably want to hear this, she thought to herself. Jessica the hooligan, it would certainly help him see the ugly truth about her.

 

 Jessica smiled, shrugging her SUV sized shoulders.

 

 “ Oh you know, everyone’s full of surprises.Just like you having lunch with me, I thought you hated me,” Jessica said frankly.

 

 Caitlin appeared caught off guard by the statement, the tip of her tongue pressed against the floor of her mouth.

 

 “ I don’t h-hate you,Jessica. Where did you get that silly idea from?”

 

  “You’re right,it’s a silly idea. Let’s forget I ever said it,” Jessica smiled as she extended her finger to Caitlin.

 

 “Friends?”

 

 Caitlin grasped the tip of the finger, easily longer than a python and as thick as a log.

 

 “ Friends,” she chuckled.

 

  “You don’t think you’re a bit old to even be doing this kind of handshake, ‘let’s be friends thing’?”

 

   “I never had much of a childhood as it is.”


 

Chapter End Notes:

Please leave a comment!