- Text Size +
Ashley had been traveling alone for a while now and was beyond worried. Heck she had even broken down in tears a few times. Waking up in a strange world and being lost was bad enough, but the worst part was that she was alone. Randall had been sucked into the portal as well, but Ashley cursed herself for not grabbing ahold of him sooner. She knew that Randall would have kept a level head right now, but she was nowhere near as brave as he was.

“RANDALL!” shouted Ashley at the top of her lungs. The feeling of loneliness was just too much for her to bear any longer. If she couldn’t find Randall and a way home soon then what would happen to her. Ashley soon fell to the ground and began crying again.

[H-h-help m-me…] came a thought that ran through Ashley’s mind. She was sure that her mind was playing tricks on her until the voice in her head came out again.

[T-t-terra…] The voice in her head seemed strained and fading fast. Ashley quickly got to her feet and ran forward. She didn’t know how, but she knew exactly where to go.

As Ashley ran she passed by several strange looking animals that she had never seen before. Some were slightly familiar, except the colors were completely off. Ashley didn’t get enough time to think about this as a very weird sight was before her.

“RANDALL!”

Ashley quickly found out that the boy in front of her wasn’t her boyfriend but someone else entirely. The resemblance was striking except for the blonde hair and pointed ears. The kid was standing in the center of some old ruins trembling slightly. Carven on the stone below him was a weird purple rune that continuously changed form. Arcs of purple lighting were coming off of the kid’s body causing him to thrash about. Ashley wanted to help, but wasn’t sure if touching him was a good idea.

“This one is older than he looks.”

Ashley jumped as a cloaked figure appeared beside her. Something was oddly familiar about this woman, but for some reason Ashley couldn’t see her face.

“What’s happening?” asked Ashley as she finally regained her senses. The cloaked figure didn’t even bother to turn her way as it continued to look at the kid before her.

“It’s a trap called an Age Rune. Basically the older the individual the stronger the trap becomes. It was meant for the older deities, but this one is nearly out of power.”

“How do we save him?” asked Ashley as the kid cried out in pain once more.

“Just pull him out. As long as you’re under two hundred the trap should have no effect.”

Ashley couldn’t believe her eyes as the figure faded away right before her eyes. This then left her with only one choice. She prayed that the woman was correct as she reached outwards. Ashley felt the tiniest of static shocks hit her as she grabbed ahold of the kid and brought him out of the circle. As soon as the kid was freed he became limp like a rag doll. The boy seemed okay but was breathing extremely hard.


Icarus had just been freed from the trap by a giant set of hands. His body wanted to refuse even the simplest of commands meaning that the figure above him was out of focus. Icarus was thankful that whoever was holding him was taking the upmost care as to not cause him discomfort.

[I’ve got to find Terra once my body works again,] thought Icarus to no one in particular. He was finally regaining slight control in his extremities.

“Who’s Terra?” came a voice above him?

Icarus froze up as he tried not to let his emotions get the best of him. Only two people that he knew of could hear his thoughts when he didn’t have access to his magic. The first one was his best friend/lover Terra while the second person had been Raphael. Icarus doubted that this person had meant him any harm.

After another minute of waiting, Icarus was finally able to see the person above him come into focus. He found himself in the arms of a huge red headed girl. Though she wasn’t as tall as Terra, this girl was still bigger than any human that he had ever met. The girl waited patiently for Icarus to both explain everything he knew and to recover.

[I think that it might be a good idea to search for our friends together,] thought Icarus as Ashley placed him on the ground. The numbness in his body had finally gone away and he wanted to get away from that circle as soon as possible. Ashley was more than happy to accompany Icarus in their search. Neither one of them knew why but they began feeling at ease with each other. The feeling was like that of meeting a long lost friend.

What the couple didn’t know was that another cloaked figure was watching every move that they made. He had waited for millennia for these brats to arrive. His goal was simple, regain the power that he once held but in order to do this he needed just one fragment of Woden’s soul. If he was able to reclaim it then he could start the God Wars anew. Even this individual couldn’t break the most sacred of divine laws and directly confront these humans, but that wasn’t a problem. There was always a loophole if one knew where to look. The cloaked figure vanished from sight as he entered his realm to start the ritual.


*Far to the north*


John was panting hard as he looked down at the creature below him. How he had gotten himself into this mess was beyond him, but he knew that a person could only have so much bad luck. He had been searching the forest for his wife before this all started. A small following of animals stayed with him wherever he went. One would have thought that these weird animals would be afraid of humans, but these seemed to want something from him.

John had just crossed a small stream when his luck ran out. The group of animals around him scattered as a loud roar ripped through the forest. Off to John’s far right he found what looked like a mixture of a bear and a gorilla crashing through the forest charging right at him. His instincts kicked in as he began climbing the nearest tree. With his hurt knee he had no chance of outrunning the beast, but hopefully this thing couldn’t climb up to get him.

So now John had been trapped at the top of this small tree for half an hour just looking down at this thing that wanted him for lunch. Unlike most animals here this creature, that John now called a Borilla, was emitting some sort of black smoke from its body. Combined that with the glowing red eyes meant that this thing was either the apex predator here, or a demon of some sort. The thing that scared John the most was the fact that creatures like these were in this forest and his wife probably didn’t know about them.

“So this is where you ran off to.” Came a feminine voice from off to John’s left. Walking out of the clearing was another human girl. The first human that John had seen since he got here.

The girl was a little on the short side, maybe 10’6” by John’s estimate. She was wearing some sort of leather armor and would have looked perfect on the set of a popular fantasy movie of some sort. The brown haired girl held a single sword in her hand that she was moving around with ease. Despite the creature roaring at her, the girl didn’t seem to show the slightest hint of fear. In fact it was she who charged first.

“Take this!” shouted Terra as she planted her boot into the creature’s chest. The force of her kick was enough to send the creature flying backwards five feet. It was more of a bother for her than it was a challenge as she quickly thrust her sword downwards into the thing’s chest. The creature burst into a cloud of black smoke leaving only an outline of soot on the ground where it had once been.

Now that this was taken care of Terra had to get right back to business. “Have you seen an elf around here by chance?” Terra waited patiently for the guy to finally come out of the tree that he had been hiding in. She noted that his clothing seemed different than any that she had seen before. The man before her was clearly injured so she decided to help the guy down gently. Once on the ground Terra could feel something familiar about him.

“Eyes up her dude,” remarked Terra as John continued to look at her in wonder. “Have you seen an elf around here anywhere?”

There were a thousand questions that were going through John’s mind, but he decided to let all of this go. It would be a huge head ache just to try and make sense of all of this.

“Not since I came to this,” said John as he raised his arms above him, “place.”

“He shouldn’t have gotten too far away from me; we both went through that portal together.” Terra was now twirling a piece of her hair between her fingers as she tried to process her next move. John just watched the girl in front of him think to herself.

“Alright then, we’re going to go this way.” Terra began making her way towards a path until she noticed the guy still standing where he was.

“What do you mean we?” asked John.

“The way I see things something or someone brought us here for a reason. We’ll probably learn why in time, but as of now it would be in your best interest to follow the giant girl with the sword.”
?
John didn’t need much more motivation than this as he hurried to catch up with the girl in front of him. He felt a lot safer at her side than he was if he was alone.
?
“The name’s Terra by the way.” said Terra as she held out her hand.
?
“John.”

The two continued to walk into the forest not knowing the events that were about to unfold before them.