- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Quite a scattered chapter but it comes together soon, I promise! 

“ What the bloody hell is wrong with you?” Zoltan roared at Michael, sitting as far away from him as he could. He had been through both Iraq wars but none of that compared to Zoltan’s wrath. In the conference room at Leighton, a thirty inch television screen played the latest news from Miami, showing Jessica causing chaos and panic with her mere presence. He could have been eating a very relaxing dinner but here he was, stuck in an office with Michael after nightfall trying to wring out information from him.



“ L-look I had to run errands, dangerous errands where I couldn’t afford to be interrupted. It is critical that I complete them. Which I did but,” Michael looked back at television, shaky camera footage from civilians as Jessica changed into something more comfortable.


 “It seems I was a little late,” He turned back to Zoltan, the General’s nostrils flaring. If they flared anymore, he thought Zoltan would be shooting white smoke out of them.


 “ First I find out someone ordered Jessica killed then she shows up on American soil and creates our very own Watergate. Well done! Are you still working for Lauren? Because that,” Zoltan pointed straight at the screen, “ sounds like something you’d do for her. I don’t know why she is doing it but there has to be a more tangible reason than to fuck around with Order 66.”


 Michael shook his head, “ I’ve always worked for you, ever since you doubled my paycheck in 2009.”


 Zoltan snorted, skeptical over his claim of loyalty.


“I’ll take it for now. Do you know where Wallace is? I’ve tried calling the man but he is uncontactable. Starting to think he might have planned his own daughter’s breakout. Pretty risky too but-” He stopped as he looked behind Michael and at the screen. He had never stopped watching but as Jessica leaned into a building, he saw something off, mouth slightly ajar.


“S-she’s bigger,” He pointed behind.


Michael turned back again, “ Looks the same to me. How can you even tell?”


“I met my first wife in that building, she worked for JP Morgan. Jessica shouldn’t be able to look into the top floors, she’s only 195 feet tall, she should be somewhere around the 20th floor, that looks like the 25th floor. It doesn’t add up,” he pulled up a file on her, pointing at it.


“Yep,” Michael whistled, “ That’s some serious OCD right there,” That earned him a death glare from Zoltan, but it was worth it but Michael kept that to himself.


“ I know I’m right. So where’s Wallace?” He closed the file and put it away.


“ I sent him away after Order 66 happened, told him to take some time off. Disappear for a bit. I can honestly say I have no idea where he went but,” He smiled knowingly, a genius level idea forming in his head.


“We find Jessica, we might find him.You can ask him all the questions all you want,” He leaned back, relaxing against his chair.


 “Good idea but if the man is smart, he’ll stay invisible. President Richards is already demanding to know why we never informed him of a biological weapon like her.I’ll need to fly up to Washington, brown nose for a bit and tell him not to shoot at her.”


“Any casualties?” Michael asked.

“None, a woman is claiming Jessica tried to eat her and a few want to sue the city for Jessica stepping on their cars but no actual dead people. Good too, those idiots actually dared to shoot at her in Miami,” He rapped his fingers against the table, frustrated by how everything was going.


“ Good, more problems,” Michael said sarcastically, only ticking off Zoltan more who glared with the intensity of a small sun.


“ I’ll need to deliver a press conference soon,” Zoltan looked troubled by the attack but he fought the urge to vent.


“After I spoon feed President Richards the standard ‘We’re dealing with it as best as we can’ shtick,” Zoltan formed quotations marks in the air.


“And he swallows it. First though, we need to find the giant woman we misplaced,” That thought was most uneasy. How do you lose a two hundred foot giantess? It was like misplacing a redwood in a sea of bushes.


No matter though, he had to find her or his career would be over. His and Lauren, the mere thought of the latter made his blood boil.He’d deal with her too.


*******


“Sasquatch!” The wrinkly elderly man screamed, his pale wrinkled skin illuminated by the waning quarter moon as Jessica rose up from the river, breasts bared while her lower half remained submerged. Her wet hair clung to hair, covering up her areolae. Jessica wiped the excess water from her face, knowing very well that she had a visitor. Strange, she thought, to find someone in the swamps of Florida.


She had wanted to find Wallace, her father would know what's going on but she couldn’t just walk up to Leighton, she had to find someone or some way to get to him without alerting the world to her presence. Which meant she didn’t need this man sneaking peeks at her goodies, incensing her to no end.


“ Sasquatch? Do I look like a hairy ape thing to you?” Jessica pointed at her chest, chuckling as she waded to shore. She shook her hair dry, showering the terrified geriatric gentleman with her a shower of river water.

The man fell back but Jessica paid him no attention as she put on her clothes. He watched her dress herself, his grey eyes watching her in the poorly light surroundings. Jessica had no such problems as she turned all of attention on to him, probably trying to get to his car. No, she thought, he would bring the entire USAF on her. Too risky.


He let out a yelp as Jessica pinched his sides and pulled him close. Her eyes, unlike his, were adjusted to the murkiness of the night and she could easily see him whereas his own failing eyes struggled to make out her visage.


 “ What do you want with me?” He asked.


Jessica offered her most peaceful and reassuring smile, “ I just want to talk.”


 “Wait, you’re the giant woman who attacked Miami!” Thank you captain obvious, she thought.


Jessica nodded, “And not the finger sized creature you mistook me for.”

He wondered what she meant but as Jessica shifted her fingers about, he realised she meant her own fingers! His  heart felt weak , to call Sasquatch little;what an idea!


“ I also didn’t attack Miami, I came here for answers. People destroyed my home and I intend to find out why,” Jessica opened up her hand and let him stand on her palm.


“ Heard you took out a supermarket,” He said respectfully.


She shook her head gently, “I was hungry! I couldn’t exactly call Dominoes for a delivery could I?”


The man chuckled, breaking the slightly tense atmosphere, “ No you couldn’t. Now miss...how do I address you?”


“Just call me Jessica. What about you?”


“Walt,” He answered, unsure where this surreal conversation would even  go, how do you talk to a giant ?


“Walt, that’s a little like my dad’s name. He’s your size , in case you were wondering. There isn’t a magical race of giants out there, I’m one of a kind. So far. So Walt, you want to tell me why you were peeping at me while I washed up? Being a dirty old man isn’t good, not at all,” Her tone became more serious and so did her expression, her smile disappearing and replaced by a more downcast face.


“I-I heard something loud , water splashing so I stopped the car to take a look.”


“Not very smart are you Walt? What if I were a bear or alligator, you’d be supper for them. Luckily for you I’m not as dangerous as any of them,” She eyed him, he was scared out of his mind. Just like the people back in Miami, making her heart sink a level or two. Was she as intimidating as King Kong?




“I’m going to give you the benefit of doubt Walt, that you really thought I was some strange animal,”She could feel the relief emanating from him.


“Now I have to make a move, you can either come along or I can let you go but,” She raised her finger up.


“You have to promise me not to tell anyone I was here.Or I might come find you,” Jessica was half-serious about it.


 “Now, where is your car? An old man like couldn’t have just walked into the middle of the jungle?”


 He pointed beyond some trees, Jessica made a note to stay away from there. Roads tend to attract traffic and if anyone saw her, she would have to leg it.


“ Okay,I won’t follow. But remember our deal,” She set him down and watched him amble away. Once convinced he had left, she stood up and walked off, the old bugger would probably tell everyone he saw her anyway. Just her luck, she thought.


“In one day, I’ve been bombed,shot at and now horny old men try to peep at me while I bathe! Just perfect!” She swung her arm out and obliterated a mangrove tree unlucky to be in its way, continuing on.


 Sooner or later someone would have answers, she thought. She just needed to keep track of civilization, she’d need to raid more supermarkets soon.


 


*******


“Sorry, could you turn that up?” Jack gestured from behind the bars. He had been feeling down but when he heard reports of a giant woman attacking Miami, he knew who it was and why she was there.


 “Why?” The tall soldier with the crew cut shot back.


“I need to know if she is coming this way, my life might be in danger!” He shook the bars as hard as he could; which equated to no shaky bars, just him looking like a shaved ape.


The guard chuckled to himself, “ We’re perfectly safe. She was seen heading towards the swamps. Probably eating an alligator or one of those inbred swamp people.”

“No! I made her mad, that’s why she is here. To get to me,” Jack answered back.


The guard came closer until he was just a couple of feet away.


“Are you ill or something? Prison driving you nuts? This freak just came out of the sea like a kaiju and you think you had something to do with her? I mean I don’t mind getting close to those jugs,” He held his hands out from his chest as if to show how well endowed Jessica was.


 “ But you are out of your mind!”


“But I-” Jack leapt back as a baton smacked against the metal, making a dull groan.


“Enough with your crazy rants! Now shut up and keep your conspiracy theories to yourself before I beat you with my stick!” He waved his baton around threateningly, reminding Jack of the beating that landed him in here.It was enough to make him slink away quietly back to his bed.


“Good, now stay there.”


**********


Michael sifted through Lauren’s drawer, pulling out folder after folder in the hopes of gathering evidence against her. He flipped through them, adding to a growing pile of papers and notes, some printed if Jessica or any serum was mentioned.


He was sure no one would follow, that Lauren and her cronies would be out for the night, so much so that he didn’t notice the men gathering outside the office, the shadows outside the room, only visible through the translucent glass windows.


 “ Michael, I must say this is no surprise at all,” Lauren walked in coolly.


Michael dropped the folder, it landed on top of the pile he made which sent crashing to the floor.



“Just packing files for our trip to Burma,” He said, hoping she wouldn’t notice anything.


Lauren looked at the pile of files on the floor and then straight at him; or rather, straight through his lie.


 “Oh Michael,” She said pity.


“I really wished you weren’t the traitor spying for Zoltan,” she said as 3 men carrying pistols walked in, their firearms pointed straight at Michael.


“ I have always been loyal to you Lauren,” Michael backed away, hands up in surrender.


Lauren shook her head, “No Michael, you’ve always been loyal to the green. Should have known Zoltan would make you a bigger offer.”


 “H-he didn’t, I just had a change of heart. You think it's wise to do what you’re about to do? I don’t want to see a race of giant commies running around;Jessica is enough,” He felt his back touch against the wall, there was no way out.


“ I don’t care. Let the world deal with it, I’ll be living the high life and no one will ever think this was all a distraction,” Lauren snapped her finger and before Michael could answer, each man fired his gun, darts  hitting him in the chest and neck.


He tried to pull it out but the chemicals were taking effect, sending him crashing to the floor, vision blurry, world spinning before his vision became overwhelmed by black.





 

Chapter End Notes:

Please comment!