- Text Size +

 

New Valis

Charlotte Valis Stories


Chapter 9: Interpretation


Charlotte Valis, Universal Goddess

 

The planet span slowly, hovering between her fingers as she examined it. She could quickly bring her fingers together and obliterate the defiant little orb and all of its claim to existence. Instead, she offered them one final chance at service. One last temptation. One last cruel game. Whispering lightly she spoke into the apple-sized orb, a whisper that every soul would hear.

 

    "I give you all the gift of youth and eternal life; however, If even a single child is born, I will crush your world into powder. Accept my blessing and worship me."

 

The Goddess grinned to herself as she placed the world back into an orbit within her universe. Turning to her temple, she held out her palm, a small woman in robes appeared on her palm and taking a knee.

 

    "World 564, NailPolita, Has a population of 5,350,201,985. This number is only allowed to go down. Should it ever increase, I am to be informed immediately."

 

She said with a tone of finality to the small woman who nodded her head in approval. Charlotte plucked the little woman up and tossed her through the air, watching her vanish through time and space to supervise the rogue civilisation. 

 

A light wind washed over her as her long dresses tightened up into a firm pair of leggings and a tight tank top. Feeling her restless energy, she stepped out into a lush forest scape and started to jog. 

 

    "I give them nine months before they fail me..."

 

She mused as she jogged through the knee-high trees, enjoying the wind in her hair the gentle smushing of campsites under her hiking boots. 


John Torence - Doctor on Planet Nailpolita

 

Standing on top of the largest hospital in the city, The large group of medical professionals and patients stared up into the heavens as the massive lips spanned the sky. As they shifted a harsh wind blew across them, making them brace against one another, the Goddesses words were carried on the wind. 

 

Once the rush of wind passed, a wave of energy washed over them, a surge of life filled John's mind as he felt his skin tighten and body hardens against the world, his clothes became loose as he looked down. His formerly ages hands were looking young and healthy. Turning around him everyone assembled looked to be in their twenties, all of the old and sick now looking young and healthy. A sense of joy spread quickly through the crowd. 

 

John made for the door to head back into the hospital. Surely if all of the patients were healthy, there would be no-one who needed him below. He took the steps three at a time down into the wards, passing young and happy people, most of which he no longer recognised as he passed from ward to ward. 

 

A young woman ran up to him, panic-stricken,

 

"Dr Torence? Is that you?"

 

He nodded to her as he scanned for her name badge, Dr Joahanna Freeman, One of his colleagues from the maternity ward. He suddenly went white.

 

    "Dr Freeman? Yes, It's me. What's wrong?

 

She quickly grabbed his arm and led him down towards the maternity wards, speaking in a panicked frenzy. 

 

    "It's Hannah Marks. She went into labour as we were all celebrating. She is about to have a child!" 

 

They had been blessed for only a matter of minutes before the first birth. Surely the Goddess had accounted for the children already conceived. The two doctors burst into the ward and hurried the sides of the woman who was breathing heavily. 

 

    "It's fine Hannah, The Doctor is here, We're going to help you."

 

Hannah glared back at them as she spat out in anger,

 

    "KILL IT. I WANT TO BE YOUNG AGAIN!" 

 

She cried out as Dr Freeman held her down, Dr Torence moving closer to examine her. He offered her some words of comfort as nature took its course.

 

    "The Goddess has undoubtedly accounted for the unborn. Her message was not to conceive any more children. You will be fine. "

 

His words seemed to calm Hannah, although Dr Freeman gave him a worrying look as they delivered the new baby boy into the world. 


Charlotte Valis, Universal Goddess

 

Sitting on the top peak of a mountain, The Goddess enjoyed rocking herself around on its firm peak as she scraped various wreckages out from the treads of her boots. The worlds Priestess had appeared with a large water bottle and some tributes to snack on as she rested herself. The freshwater felt good after a nice run.

 

As she stood to continue her jog, another Priestess appeared on the peak she recently flattened. She rolled her eyes as she gestured for the small kneeling woman to speak.

 

    "Forgive me, Goddess, The task you just appointed me. The world has already increased its population by several new lives since your proclamation." 

 

Charlotte sighed as she lifted her hand before her, the small blue orb appearing between her fingers. She clicked her tongue with annoyance as she spoke into the little globe.

 

    "I warned you about having children, You couldn't even last twenty minutes, What a shame..."

 

Closing her fingers slowly around the world, she chewed her lip as the orb started to crack before exploding into a gooey mess of magma that dripped between her fingers. Her free hand grabbed the Priestess who had reported to her. She used the small woman and her white robes to clean the mess from her hand. 

 

    "I honestly didn't think about the pregnant woman, but I made my command clear enough."

 

She said with a shrug, tossing the priestess over her shoulder, letting her vanish back to the temple. Sighing to herself, the Goddess looked at the sunset and smiled.

 

    "One more lap around this world before dinner, I think."