- Text Size +

New Valis

Charlotte Valis Stories



Chapter 17: Price of Utopia


The World of Gaelen

Gaelens were long-lived people. The average life expectancy reached well over a thousand years. When the Goddess descended on their world nearly 500 years ago, Their society had been on the brink of total collapse. Ravaged by war and overpopulation the two main superpowers of Gaelen had strangled the last of the resources from their planet. Goddess Charlotte had accidentally ended the war when she used the Imperial Family as target practice for her orbital spitting. 


The Goddess had also inadvertently blessed them when she appointed princess Adriana to be her Priestess. Sister to Queen Ezmerelda, the new Priestess, helped unify the planet under one system of governance. The last 500 years have been a renaissance for Gaelen. Priestess Adriana gained access to the divine powers that allowed her to heal the world and implement new technology to increase the quality of life for everyone.


Ezmerelda Libra - Queen of Gaelen

 

The petition was heartfelt and had drawn more support than it had any right to. The man was apparently a much-loved member of his community, and hundreds had turned out to appeal to the queen for leniency. She and her sister Priestess Adriana sat side by side at the head of the throne room, joint rulers over their utopian world. Adriana leaned over to whisper in the queen’s ear.


“It’s too late. I already sent him with the last group…”


The queen sighed; this happened from time to time. Their society had one dark secret that the Royal Family had managed to maintain over the centuries. The people were unaware that the prison system was backed by the Goddesses Tribute system. To preserve their way of life, a toll of 5000 lives every month had to be submitted to Goddess Charlotte. 


Occasionally a high profile case like this would arise, and investigations would have to take place. The Queen stood to address the people who had assembled.


“Reginald Murphy is a convicted criminal. He was linked to several cases of fraud. You all appreciate that for society to function rules must be adhered to. I will ask Priestess Adriana to offer him a road to redemption in service at her temple. That is the best I can offer.”


The room started to grumble in complaint as people began to shuffle uncomfortably. Ezmerelda sat back down and gave her sister a pleading look as she gestured to the room. The Priestess gave a sympathetic nod before standing and addressing the crowd.


“Silence, All of you. It is the Goddesses will that we maintain a strict order. The Queen is bound by her obligations to the temple. If any of you question the Goddesses rules, Bring your petition to me in the temple!”


The silence was palpable as people settled. The Priestesses voice seemed to reverberate from the walls as she spoke. Eventually, people started bowing and taking their leave towards the door. Adriana sat back down next to her sister and nodded to her.


“You know, you’re doing too good a job keeping law and order. We’re not getting enough real criminals anymore to meet the Goddesses quotas.”


Ezmerelda shook her head in frustration, her long black hair breaking free from her tiara and swinging in front of her face in an awkward moment. Her sister giggled as she reached up to repair her hairline. Then she went into her dress and withdrew a small square of paper, handing it to Adriana. 


“This is a list of...operatives. Could you send one of your magic women to make sure they are successful?”


Adriana took the paper and examined it closely. There were six names and addresses. Folding it with her fingers, she slid it between her breasts. Turning to her sister, she leant over and kissed her on the forehead.


“They are called Disciples, and you know it. I’ll see what I can do, your majesty.”


Leera Malgrove - Disciple of Adriana

 

The Disciple pushed through the heavy snow feeling grateful for her divine blessings. She could only imagine how unpleasant this cold must be for the mortals who have to live in it. Her Priestess had told her to go undercover and that none of those she was to assist was to know her identity. As she entered the large warehouse in the snowy tundra, she was surprised by the number of mortals already inside. A large, well-built man intercepted her as she approached the crowd. 


“Private meeting, Invite only.”


The short, clipped sentence was all he said as he stepped in front of her. Her thick dark coat and hat hid the fact her body was perfectly fine in the sub-zero temperatures. The man seemed to view her as any other mortal. She let her power flush to her face, turning it slightly blue as she looked up at him.


“The Handler sent me to assist with the final stage.”


She recited the line she had been given while trying to fake a chattering in her teeth. The man seemed placated by her words and stepped aside to let her pass. A strange wash of pride came over her as she felt the joy of her sneaky success. The crowd were all gathered around a large table. As she pushed her way to the front, she made eye contact with the man holding everyone’s attention. He tilted his head as she appeared. 


“You’re the one they sent? To get us past the shield?”


Leera nodded her head towards him before scanning the table and the plans. There were maps of the local temples and government buildings. This was as Adriana had expected, a terrorist attack aimed at the heart of their Utopia. 


“This newcomer is The Handlers operative from the city. We are to refer to her as Arrow. I have been assured she can lower the temple shields long enough for us to all cross and disable them properly.”


The Disciple scanned the faces as they all turned to watch her; one woman seemed to have fear in her eyes as they met. These were all of the faction leaders, each responsible for large groups of the recently radicalised extremists. Lee’s part of the plan was to make sure they succeeded. The temple needed tributes. This attempted coup would stuff their prisons for another couple of years. 


“I can get you all in. I have the..uh..codes to the temples barriers.”


The woman opposite her hadn’t stopped staring at her as she assured them of her support. Then she spoke, spitting distrust.


“There are no codes to the temple barriers. It’s divine magic!”


The voice was familiar to Leera as she glared back to the woman. She finally recognised her eyes through the thick winter clothes. Sapphire, A former Acolyte who was dismissed from service a few years ago. Leera closed her eyes as she thought quickly.

“Codes is a term to make it understandable. I have a coded wand that will lower the barriers until the priestess manually repairs them.”


As she finished her made-up story, she let her divine magic surge, glaring at Sapphire and trying to suppress her desire to speak. As a disciple, her mental powers were minimal, and her plan relied on Sapphire not retaining any of her Acolytes powers. The two women glared at each other, locked in a battle of mental will. The man leading the meeting spoke again when there was no rebuttal from Sapphire.


“Well okay, Glad that’s settled. The rest of the plan you’re all already familiar with, Return to your groups and be ready for tomorrow.”


As people started to move away, Leera made her way around the table to the former acolyte. Keeping her locked in place with the full weight of her mental power. The others all dispersed unaware of the two women’s battle. As she reached Sapphire, she gripped her elbow and led her away from the table. The mortal woman resisted, but Leera’s divine strength offered her no quarter as she pulled into the bathroom. 


Slamming the door closed behind her Leera threw the former acolyte to the floor. The woman rolled and glared back at her as the mental assault ended.


“Leera, you bitch, I knew it was you! Why are you here!”


The Disciple smirked as she locked the door to the bathroom, letting the uncomfortable mortal disguise fall away, revealing her shimmering white disciple robes. 


“I’m here to help, of course, I can’t let you interfere.”


Sapphire crawled backwards away from Leera as her bright robes illuminated the dark bathroom. She had served as an Acolyte for decades before her expulsion. She knew how futile going against an Acolyte was for a mortal. Leera was a Disciple, a whole new level of impossible.


“Please Leera, I’ll just walk away. Just please, Let me live!”


The grovelling fell on deaf ears as Leera slowly turned to her with a sweet smile on her lips. Extending her arm towards Sapphire Leera’s dark brown hair flurried as if caught in a breeze. 


“Do you know what my kink is, Sapphire, It’s despair. Hopelessness and futility get me going and looking at you now, knowing that you understand the gravity of your situation. Well. Let’s just say my panties are damp.”


Sapphire felt her heart sink as the divine woman spoke. She felt the disciples’ power envelop her as she crawled back into the wall—the slow expansion of the world around her as she shrank on the cold tiles. Tears welled up inside her as Leera’s sandal-clad feet approached agonisingly slowly. The large woman was licking her lips in anticipation as she loomed ever closer. Sapphire did the only thing she could, even though she knew it was hopeless, she ran.


Leera loved every moment of it, the fear, the drawn-out slow movements of her feet across the tiles. This little woman was her toy, for the next few minutes at least. Leera couldn’t contain the giggle when the small woman ran, the slow desperate actions of the condemned animal. The small woman ran behind the toilet, cowering under the porcelain throne. 


“Oh? Do you want to be closer to the toilet? Well...I guess it would be less suspicious of my being in here if I used it for its purpose right?” 


The Disciple laughed as she crouched down, her hand extending quickly under the bowl and grabbing the panic-stricken Acolyte. Lifting her and placing her on the rim of the toilet seat, Leera leaned and watched the woman crying as she begged for mercy. 


“Oh yeah, You know what’s coming, You know you can’t stop...You know I am going to love it…”


Leera nudged her prey gently, watching her tumble backwards and awkwardly twist her leg on the side of the bowl before bouncing into the frigid water. Standing over the pathetic sight gave her a rush of power as she turned, hiked up her robes and dropped her panties. Sitting down slowly, she shut the light from the former Acolytes world. 


Sitting in silence, she listened to the slowly weakening tiny splashed below her. The woman was suffering from no hope of salvation. Leera had won the moment she had secured her in the bathroom. Slowly splitting her thighs, she let the shaft of light strike the whimpering woman floating in the cold water. As she relaxed, the stream of warm urine hit the freezing woman. As she gagged and fought the stream, Leera found it amusing that as she was pushed away, the small desperate woman was swimming to stay close to the warm stream of piss. 


“Wow, you’re pathetic, I almost feel sorry for you.”


As she finished she cleaned herself with her power, the toilet paper looked unpleasant, as much fun as it would have been to drop some on her victim, she wasn’t going to touch herself with it. Standing slowly, she redressed herself before glancing down at the sputtering woman. Delicately she reached back to flush, pushing the handle slowly as she made eye contact one final time with her plaything. 


Priestess Adriana - Priestess of Gaelen

 

Standing in the centre of her private chamber, Adriana enjoyed being her full-sized self. Out of respect to her sister, she kept a mortal height while visiting the royal palace.  However, while she was in the temple, she was the towering titan the Goddess had made her. Her Disciples were in place, six of her worship sites would come under siege today. The local populations would be terrorised for a couple of hours before her Acolytes swept in and collected the perpetrators. 


She would let Queen Ezmerelda claim the credit for deploying the temple guard swiftly and containing the threat to the Utopia. Then she would organise the thousands of new prisoners into the various tribute chambers for the next few months while her Acolytes rounded up anyone who had any connection to the event, no matter how tenuous. The Goddess would have her cut, and their people would be none the wiser, as it had always been.


Charlotte Valis, Universal Goddess

 

The designers on Gaelen were some of the most creative in her universe. She loved wandering the streets and appreciating the various new designs each season. The Goddess joined a group of young women admiring a flowing teal dress in a window. She caught herself grinning at the delicate silver trim as she thought back to her recent comment about never wearing teal. One of the women next to her leaned towards her giggling.


“Can you believe Acolyte Trish wore this! Look at how it catches the light. Isn’t it just perfect!”


The woman swooned as she drooled over the dress in the window. Charlotte raised her eyebrow as she gave the woman a sarcastic smirk.


“Acolyte Trish? Really? You don’t say?”


She found herself enjoying the spontaneous excitement these women were sharing. She should bring Rebecca here for some shopping. It was so much nicer than the stores on New Valis. 


The Goddess handed the swooning woman a coin as she turned to leave. That dress wouldn’t suit her. She preferred the darker tones. 


“Give this to the staff and tell her you want the dress in the window.”


She knew the token would give away her identity once handed to the store manager, so she quickly moved on towards the shoe stores she loved. Passing by the local temple, she took a moment to peer inside—the Amazonian Acolytes lounging around listening to petitions from the people. This planet was so peaceful. It was a nice change of pace. Strolling inside she approached one of the free Acolytes who smiled down to her warmly from her 7ft stature. 


“How can the Temple of the Goddess help you today?”


Charlotte felt the friendly warmth coming from her unknowing servant as she looked up at the kind face.


“I love this place. Tell your sister Acolytes that their work is appreciated.”


The Goddess let her eyes shimmer with purple light as she spoke. The large woman fell stunned as if struck by lightning. The Goddess lifted a finger to lips, signalling that she wanted no response as she turned and casually walked from the Temple. 


As she crossed the street to the large shoe store, the loud explosion behind her triggered her divine barriers. The Goddess let the explosion push her forward and into the air as she spun and enlarged herself. Her feet planted through the roof of her favourite shoe store as she glared at the smoking hole in the wall of her Temple. 


A crowd of mortals were rushing into the temple through the hole in the wall as the Goddess felt rage engulf her. At the front of the group, Charlotte identified a Disciple, dressed in dark clothes running with the pack. She was about to lash out at them when she felt a tapping on the side of her foot. Looking down at the hole in the store’s roof, she saw one of the attendants knocking on her shoe. Guilt flooded her as she lifted her shoe and bent her knee to check the sole. Clara, her favourite store assistant, was pasted across the treads. 


Charlotte saw red.



 

 

Chapter End Notes:

I don't normally do this but the next chapter will be published once one person leaves a review on this story. Leveraging a rare cliff hanger!


@GiantessValis has allowed me publish 17! :)