- Text Size +

New Valis

Charlotte Valis Stories



Chapter 14: Appreciation


Charlotte Valis, Universal Goddess

 

The ring glimmered in the soft pale light of the temple. The Goddess took her time, watching the planet rotate slowly inside the gemstone set in the center. It was a fresh world, with a population less than a billion. Lisa had explained that she had chosen an undeveloped world as the natural colours were untainted by the pollution and spread of a developed civilisation. Sliding the ring onto her finger she held it out. The strong blues and greens certainly drew the eye away from the golden band. It just looked a little garish. Charlotte clicked her tongue in disappointment as she pulled the ring from her finger.


“No, I don’t like the colours, It looks like costume jewelry…”


The ring removed her ring and she tossed it back to Lisa, shaking her head in annoyance.


“I taught you to do this so you make me things I would like, you will wear that ring a toe ring until I tell you otherwise!”


Another wave of her hand and Lisa was banished back to New Valis. The Goddess pouted slightly as she turned to Karen, extending her hand to receive the next offering. Karen delicately placed another ring on the offered palm. Charlotte brought the new ring to her eye, the world was almost a solid blue. Her gaze swept the world, it was very well developed, living almost entirely underwater. 


“Mmmm interesting, Priestess Helena’s planet, Does she know you turned her into a ring?”


There was a muted silence as Karen looked to the ring and then back to the Goddess. Silently she shook her head before lowering her posture in submission. Charlotte snorted as she slid the ring onto her finger, the silver band complimenting the blue planet set into the clear gem.


“Well, It is pleasing to look at, I will wear it when I wear my turquoise dress, Karen, you better tell Helena you’ve condemned her existence to a jewel in my collection.”

Karen nodded smiling as she backed away out of the door, silently muttering a goodluck to Emma who was still standing with her offering. Emma took Karen's dismissal as her turn to step forward. Stepping forward she fell to her knee lifting a thin silver chain, spread between her fingers. The diamond hanging from the end contained a flat landmass, not a planet. She spoke in hushed tones as she knelt.


“Goddess, I’ve never seen you wearing turquoise…”


Emma said carefully as Charlotte reached to pluck the necklace from her fingers. The Goddess smiled as she raised the necklace for examination.


“I never do and probably never will, Now what is this beautiful piece, it looks like a single continent but I can see nearly 8 billion people living within this gem.”


The Goddesses tongue was stroking her lips as her finger gently caressed the teardrop shaped gem on the chain. Emma spoke clearly as she looked up towards the Goddess.


“I used the skills you taught us about stellar manipulation and experimented a little, I found that once they were within the gem containers, your power was holding the essential systems together, So i peeled a world once it was inside the gem, spreading its surface flat. They were keenly aware of the process and they have no doubt about their current fate.”


Charlotte giggled as she brought the gemstone close to her eye. Gently, she flicked the diamond with the back of her nail.


“Fuck Emma, You know me so well. I love that they know…”


The necklace slid around her neck easily as the gemstone slipped neatly between her breasts. The Goddess glanced down and scrunched her face.

 

“No, I don’t like this fit, I have a better idea.”


Lifting the necklace off Charlotte brought her foot up onto her lap. Fixing the chain around her ankle she shortened it to fit neatly, the now smaller diamond dangling next to her ankle. The Goddess sat in silence, watching the gem for a few long minutes before shaking her head again.


“Nope, not there either...Oh, I know!”


Gripping the small diamond the Goddess drew fingers back revealing another small loop of silver chain. Then she drew the diamond down her foot and between her big and second toes. Looping the chain around her big toe to secure it. She could barely see the diamond now it hung between her toes. She smiled and chewed her lip as looked down at her foot.


“6 million lives, between my toes as an accessory. Yes, This is where it fits.”


Emma stared at the Goddesses foot as her toes wriggled around the gemstone world. Her gift had been accepted and appreciated. Emma's divine reflexes kicked in as she snatched the spinning ring from the air before her. She opened her palm to reveal Karen's blue ring. Charlotte yawned as she lounged back on her plush couch.


“Salvage Helena, then put that planet on a donut or something, The silver band is a good fit, Karen did good work with that, maybe try a different world and bring it back to me.”


Charlotte curled up, tucking her feet under her as she scrunched her toes feeling the diamond. Smiling to herself she switched her large display over to show the local news from the world trapped between her toes. 


The skies behind the reporter were all pitch black, the illumination coming from the street lights as the reporter stood in front of a temple to Goddess Valis. The panicked woman spoke quickly.


“Priestess Riley has no comment on our situation, She said the Goddess had picked us for this divine duty before abandoning the temple and taking all of the acolytes with her! The temple behind me has only worshippers begging the Goddess for forgiveness.”


Charlotte smiled as she listened to their prayers, the fear and uncertainty giving her the tingle of power she adored so much. Folding her foot out from her under, she watched as night turned to day for the news reporter. 


“You all deserve to know…”


She said softly as she took a photo of their world, hanging between her toes. Turning back to the report, the Goddess pressed send, giving everyone in their world a copy of the picture with a single subject line, ‘Forever Mine’. The reporter looked stunned as she checked her phone, the image Charlotte had just sent them quickly appearing on the screen. The young reporter stumbled over her words as she tried to interpret.


“It would appear the Goddess has...turned our planet into a toe ring anklet...We should...uh….we should….We should all pray that she finds the mercy to return us to normal once she has finished with us!”


The reporter said hopefully as Charlotte burst into a giggle. Shaking her head she switched off the display and glanced down at her new jewelry once more before sliding her feet into a pair of thick comfortable socks. Pushing herself into a standing position she almost danced into the kitchen for lunch.


“It has been a good day…”




 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Will be uploading 4 or 5 more now @GiantessValis has approved it.