- Text Size +

 

New Valis

Charlotte Valis Stories


Chapter 11: Pressure


Rebecca Keats, Mortal Friend

 

The atmosphere was festive in the small coffee shop near the school where she taught. Life had been happier since her first encounter with Goddess Charlotte. The Goddess and her had met for regular coffee chats on Friday evenings. The Goddess for her part mostly sat in silence, listening to Rebecca discussing her work. Becky had become comfortable with her presence, even if the waiters always seemed to end up in her coffee without anyone even noticing.   

 

The shop was busier than expected, the winters market was now in full swing. The Coffee shop had no free tables as she stood at the counter. Taking off and pocketing her gloves, she ordered two caramel lattes. The Goddess would be there in a few minutes. They never arranged a time she just always seemed to walk in a few minutes after Rebecca had ordered. She felt nervous, comfortable as she was the woman she was meeting was still to be feared until her mood was known.

 

The Barista came back and handed her two hot cups, accepting her payment in exchange. Becky stood and looked around the busy shop hoping someone would get up and leave to free a table. As she rocked back and forward slowly, the door swung slowly open. There she was, dressed in a long purple winters coat, hair flowing from under a fashionable fabric hat, The Goddess strode in. Becky never understood why the whole room didn't stop and stare. She never drew attention. It is as if the most fashionable person in the world just walked in and everyone was oblivious. 

 

"Good Evening, Charlotte, Glad you could make it tonight."

 

Becky offered sweetly as she held out one of the cups. Her friend took the cup and glanced around the room, gesturing to their regular table by the window. Becky fell into line behind her as she approached the table. There was a man sat there typing something on his laptop. He showed no sign of being done as the Goddess stepped up beside him and turned to face Rebecca.

 

    "Let's have our normal seats shall we?"

 

She said with a wide grin as she sat down, the man vanishing from behind her as sat, shrugging her jacket off and over the back of the chair. As she gestured for Becky to sit the laptop, and the man's belongings vanished. Becky took the offered seat, shaking her head in disbelief.

 

    "Did you kill him?"

 

Her voice had a slight quiver that she couldn't hide when she suspected she was party to murder. The Goddess sipped her Coffee before placing it before her on the table.

 

    "Not many mortals can survive my ass compressing them into a paste, Maybe another one of those super ants?"

 

Becky smirked at the reference, burying her conscience quickly trying to avoid thinking about the implications. Reaching into her purse, she pulled out a small fabric bag with a cord tie. Resting it on the table between them, she rocked her head a little as she pitched her request.

 

    "Veronika and I have had many fun adventures. I fear last night I may have taken things too far she's a little broken. Would you be able to fix her?"

 

The Goddess grinned as she tipped the bag upside down, letting the small woman roll painfully onto the cold table. Rolling her around under her finger, she inspected the damage. She giggled as a pulse of purple energy, shocked the tiny whining woman into unconsciousness. She looked back at Becky with a wicked grin. 

 

    "Of course I can heal your little sex toy, I can even make her a bit tougher for you, for next time."

 

Rebecca blushed fiercely as she gently slid the small woman back into the pouch.

 

    "I never said I....Well, of course, you would know, So what if I've discovered a kink for cheating best friends."

 

Charlotte just giggled as a waitress appeared to offer her a refill, The Goddess requested the house special and rested her chin in her palms to listen to Becky speak. Becky ordered a cookie from the waitress, realising it was one of the girls from her class she snapped back to the Goddess after she left. 

 

    "That's Yvonne. She's one of my students, leave her alone!"

 

Charlotte shocked her as she sat up, Lifting her finger and pointing towards Becky.

 

    "No-one speaks to me like that. You will not deny my fun. If not her, then you must select another from this room, I will have my tribute."

 

Rebecca swallowed the last of her Coffee as she looked around the room, This was hardly the first time the Goddess had toyed with her like this, she pointed to a man in the corner who was eating alone. Charlotte grinned, and the man vanished, appearing on the table before her. The man was the size of a chocolate chip as he looked around confused, Rebecca already feeling guilty. 

 

    "What are you going to do to him?"

 

She pleaded carefully as the tiny man looked up at her with terror in his eyes. The Goddess moved her finger over the little figure and pressed down, pinning him to the table under the tip of her finger. 

 

    "I'm going to savour his tiny fight for life. Then I'm going to snuff him out under my finger, Mmm you should feel it, the power rush, select someone else for yourself."

 

Lowering her head to the table, she could see the man pounding against the huge fingertip-the hopeless struggle against the divine power of her friend. Becky shook her head as she felt a decisive blow of empathy.

 

    "No, Thank you, Goddess, I don't want to..."

 

As she sat back up, she heard a young feminine voice speaking from across the room. A young girl was calling out.

 

    "Daddy? Has anyone seen my dad?"

 

Becky turned to see the girl at the table where the man had been before snapping back to the Goddess who had eyes closed, enjoying the squirming man under her finger.

 

    "Charlotte wa-"

 

The only words she could get out before the finger gently compressed, a small squirt of red coming out from under the finger. Becky put her head in her hands as she looked up and the Goddess who was now looking over to her.

 

    "Okay, Her, I'll do her..."

 

She said resigned, pointing to the lost looking girl. Charlotte gestured towards her, and she vanished, appearing before Becky on the table. The Goddess leaned in to watch as Becky placed her finger on the screaming girl. Becky felt the power rush through her as the small figure pounded on her fingertip. 

    "Fuck, I hate that I am enjoying this..."

 

She said as the Goddess giggled, the small pop cementing her corruption. The Barista returned with the Goddesses drink and Beckies Cookie. The two sat in silence for a moment as Becky inspected the mess on her finger. A voice came from the other table,

 

    "Charles? Steph? Where did you go?"

 

Becky looked over at the middle-aged woman now at the table she had chosen as Charlotte smirked.

 

    "You want the mother too?"

 

Charlotte said with a devious grin stretching her arms behind her head. Becky looked at her in horror.

 

    "You knew! You knew he had a family!"

 

She ranted as the Goddess nodded her head politely, lifting her drink for a sip.

 

    "I did, but you never asked, Do you want her or can I?"

 

Becky shook her head in mild anger as she looked back at the woman who was looking for her family. Taking a bite of her cookie, she rolled her eyes.

 

    "I'll do it..."

 

The Goddess giggled in approval as the woman vanished appearing next to the large cookie. 

 

    "Do it slowly, it feels so much better, let her fight you."

 

She offered as advice as Becky sighed, placing her finger gently on the tiny woman. As she pinned the girl, she felt warm. The power of life and death was intoxicating as she felt the woman squirm and fight. Charlotte was watching the woman under her finger as she gently rolled her over. The power was incredible. Her morals had been suspended in her mind as she let her ego indulge itself. *squelch* and the woman was gone. Her life no more, and Becky was feeling more than a little horny. Veronika was going to be tested the moment she got home. 

 

Charlotte sat up and breathed deep.

 

    "Well, That was hot. Are you sure you don't want to work in the temple? You could do that whenever you wanted..."

 

Becky shook her head as she wiped her finger and the table with a napkin. She was shaking the thoughts from her head as she picked up her cookie.

 

    "No, My duty is to my students, I want to make sure they succeed, Besides I would look silly in those robes."

 

The Goddess chuckled as she finished her drink, the ground shook slightly as she placed it back on the table. Becky stared at her incredulously. 

 

    "What? That wasn't me. Next Friday, you come to my place, instead of this place, agreed?" 

 

Becky thought for a moment as the ground shook again, people were getting up to look out of the windows as the Goddess fixed her with a stare. 

 

    "Yes, of course, I'll meet you here, and we can leave together."

 

Charlotte grinned as she stood, the two women hugged as friends before the Goddess strode quickly out of the back door. A loud crash came from outside as a giant sandaled foot crashed into the winter market. 

 

Becky joined the others at the window as they all looked up at the Titaness that was glaring down at the Coffee shop. Pulling her jacket on, Rebecca left the coffee shop and pushed her way out onto the street. 

 

    "GODDESS? ARE YOU IN THERE?" 

 

Priestess Lisa asked while crouching in the square, a massive force of nature snaring the population in fear. Rebecca found herself able to ignore the sense of awe the others were struck by and manoeuvre out of the square, heading for home. 


Charlotte Valis, Universal Goddess

 

Returning home the Goddess cast aside her mortal clothes and summoned her comfortable black robes. She threw on her large display to watch Lisa torment the small cafe as she conjured her administration tablet to mark some merits for her planetary priestess. Karen and two others came in, falling to their knees in supplication as the Goddess flicked through Priestess Lisa's record.

 

    "Lisa is getting sharp. She sensed me and found me before I finished my Coffee this time. Maybe she was expecting it, the dangers of a routine. Regardless, Next week my friend will be visiting me here. You will treat her as you would myself. Is that understood?"

 

She announced, looking down her maids for signs of agreement, the women looked to each other confused as the Goddess stomped her foot.

 

    "I SAID, IS THAT UNDERSTOOD!"

 

Her voice boomed throughout the temple, Priestesses, disciples, and Acolytes appeared all over the room from various hidden doors, all kneeling and acknowledging the command in unison. The Goddess looked around sternly as she slowly let a smile touch her lips.

 

"Good."

 

Her point clear she lifted her barefoot towards one of the last Disciples to arrive, trapping her neck between her toes she dragged the girl into the room before her. The small woman's face was going red between her toes as she looked down on her. The doll-sized woman's body was laid out under her foot as she slowly compressed her. 

 

    "Nothing personal" *Slow breath* "I need this right now..."

 

The Goddess said as a slight moan escaped her lips. The disciple was gasping for air as she slowly let her weight settle, the woman standing no chance as her body slowly started to crack and shatter under her.

 

    "Fuck, You didn't deserve this...you have done nothing wrong..."

 

Charlotte admitted as she looked down at the terrified woman gasping for life. Her heart was pounding as she felt the consciousness ebb from the small woman, her foot crushing the life from her. She finally brought her big toe over the woman's face, smothering her. One press with her toe and the small servant expired. She breathed out slowly as she lifted her foot.

 

    "That is why we should keep some larger slaves to hand...Clean my foot, Karen."