- Text Size +

He woke up in the morning with a terrible hangover. Why, he wondered, why did I do that. He checked his phone, opening his eyes just a crack so that he wouldn't have to look at the sunlight. He had a notification from Tinder. A message from Samantha. Huh, who's Samantha? He opened it up.

"Hi, how's it going?" it said. "Did you catch that fish yourself?"

Ah, Samantha. Horse girl. He realized he must have swiped right just before he dozed off. He walked into the kitchen and gulped down a glass of water, then stumbled back onto his bed and was soon asleep again.

He awoke an hour later with a jolt. He had a match! He had been too hungover to realize what had just happened. A girl had matched with him, and then messaged him first! His headache disappeared almost instantly. "ya bet," he replied.

"Did you cook it? How was it?" her reply was almost immediate.

"it was great, we caught 3 that day and grilled them on this grill my buddy brought along. u should join us when we go next. or it could just be the two of us ;)"

"Haha, maybe. I do love the outdoors."

"that i can see. u really into ponies, huh?"

"Horses, yes. The horse in the picture is a thoroughbred named Mercury. We've been together eight years, and he would laugh if he thought someone had confused him with a pony."

"lol, i see. i don't know much about horses as u can see"

"Haha, yes, it happens. A lot of people also think that a) ponies are baby horses, and b) ponies are easier to handle than horses, neither of which is true."

"huh, did not know the second one. fr?"

"Yup. Anyway, would you like to meet Mercury?"

"sure! what do u have in mind"

"Let's meet for coffee tomorrow afternoon, if you're free. And then we could drive out to the farm and meet Mercury."

"sounds like a plan!"

"Oh, and another thing. Are you really 5'10" like it says on your profile?"

Yikes.

"umm not really lol. i exaggerated by a couple inches"

"Oh. I really don't like someone being dishonest with me."

"u know how it is, some of us have to amplify a little bit or we don't get any matches. everyone does it"

There was a long pause. Cody wondered if he should add anything.

"I'll give you a pass this first time. You'd better not lie to me again."

Phew, I guess I'll just have to wear the platform shoes, thought Cody.

"ya, ofc not! so, see u tomorrow?"

"Yes, looking forward to it!"

Cody did a fist pump as he put his phone away. He was going on a date! He jumped up and decided to straighten the place up a bit, just in case he got lucky and was bringing her home tomorrow. He spent the rest of the day cooking and cleaning, all the while humming to himself as he fantasized about the coming date. What should he wear? Something a little athletic, since they would be going to a farm. And of course his platform shoes. And maybe he should bring her something? Flowers? That sounded reasonable.

That night he continued swiping, but found himself coming back to Samantha. There was just something intensely arousing about the way she straddled the horse and grabbed its mane. He came once again thinking about what it would be like to part those legs and slide in between them.