- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I think this is my best chapter yet. It's got a good amount of fanservice, plus some hearty emotional stuff, and I worked really hard to up my writing game. Hope y'all enjoy.

 

 

 

Mia was in absolute hell, entombed in Sarah's boot underneath the arch of her toes. She could feel the warmth emanating from the giantess's foot that smelled faintly of smoke from being propped up by the bonfire. She was thrown up into the air at a terrifying speed with each step Sarah took until her stomach dropped and she experienced a brief feeling of momentary freefall. That sensation only lasted for a split second, then Sarah’s foot crashed back down to the ground, slamming Mia against the underside of Sarah's toes and knocking the wind out of her. The poor girl barely had time to take a breath before she was thrown back up into the air to repeat the entire process over again. As Mia was tossed around in this nightmarish rollercoaster her flashlight illuminated the fleshy prison she was trapped in, reminding her of her insignificance.


Hundreds of feet above, Sarah was too emotional to even notice her friend being tossed around in her shoe like a pebble. Tears streamed down her face as she bit her lower lip. She thundered towards her cabin for the night, obliterating everything in her path beneath her mighty boots as her immense weight sunk into the earth and left tread-shaped craters behind.


“You fucking moron,” the tearful girl muttered to herself, rubbing her eyes. “You gargantuan piece of shit. You ruined everything, like always. Just go lock yourself in your cabin where you belong.”


It took about 10 minutes for Sarah, and her unwilling passenger, to make the journey across the park and reach the magnificent structure she called home. While it looked like an ordinary one-story cabin, the entire thing was built to Sarah’s scale. Its imposing walls stood over a thousand feet tall, making the surrounding trees seem like an overgrown lawn. The architectural phenomenon required an entire forest of lumber and thousands of man-hours to complete, even with the giantess's help. But it was all worth it in Sarah’s mind. This was the only place where she could feel somewhat normal again.


Sarah opened the cabin door, flicked on the light switch, and lumbered across the expansive room. She kicked off her boots, plopped down onto her bed, and cupped her hands over her teary face. She took a few deep breaths to calm herself down, then got up to change and unpack for the night before she got too comfortable.


Down below on the ground, Mia was finally free from her prison. Beat up and disoriented, she haphazardly stumbled toward the lip of Sarah’s discarded boot and jumped to the ground, not wanting to spend another second inside Sarah’s shoe. She graciously breathed in the fresh air as her eyes adjusted to the increase in light, then looked around at her surroundings in awe.


It felt like she’d been transported to another world. Acres of floorboards the size of redwood trees spanned the ground beneath her feet as she took in her vast environment. Boulders and tree branches littered the endless plane of Sarah’s floor, though they were almost unnoticeable to the giantess. A monument-sized chair covered in discarded laundry towered over Mia as she craned her neck back to try and take in the enormity of the place. She could barely make out the ceiling far above in the distance, tall enough to house skyscrapers. It didn’t take a genius to figure out where she was.


“I’m trapped in Sarah’s house,” Mia muttered.


This was the last place she wanted to be. Mia had already experienced multiple close calls with Sarah today. But at least that was out in the real world, where the giantess knew to look out for ant-sized people. But she wouldn’t expect anyone other than herself to be inside her house. She wouldn’t think to watch her step or keep an eye out for anyone. This was Sarah’s world. And Mia didn’t belong here.


The presence of a looming shadow snapped Mia out of her trance. She turned around and screamed as she witnessed the terrifying sight of a vast pink sole descending down on her. Sarah’s heel hit the ground with the force of a meteor, then the rest of her foot followed. Mia closed her eyes held up her arms in vain as Sarah’s toes came down to crush her, but luck spared her once again.


She opened her eyes and discovered that she’d narrowly escaped, and was in the slight gap between Sarah’s third and fourth toe. As Sarah shifted more of her weight onto her right foot, her toes began to spread, barely sandwiching Mia between the warm fleshy digits. She heard a loud gust of wind as Sarah’s other leg swung somewhere overhead, and felt the tremors through the ground as her foot crashed hundreds of feet away. As soon as that tremor hit, the foot that nearly flattened Mia took off. She watched as Sarah’s massive legs carried her toward a dresser the size of an apartment complex, leaving Mia with another near-death experience and the faint lingering smell of feet.


Sarah opened the dresser drawer and pulled out a pair of shorts and a loose-fitting tank top to slip into for the night. She unbuttoned her ranger uniform, breathing a sigh of relief as she freed her tired body from its confines.


While Sarah was occupied with changing, Mia made a break for it and ran for cover underneath her enormous bedside dresser. She couldn’t risk her life trying to get the giantess’s attention, she’d already had too many close calls. Her plan was to just hide out until Sarah settled down for the night, make the journey across the room without worrying about Sarah’s deadly footsteps, sneak under the door, and find her own way back to camp. 


After Sarah finished changing for the night, she knelt down to unpack her backpack. She grabbed her bundle of socks and tossed them onto her chair with her other dirty laundry, making a mental note to go to the river tomorrow to wash her clothes. After unpacking some equipment, she reached in and pulled out the glass jars she used for her trail snacks. She was just about to put the last one on her desk with the others when she noticed an ant-sized figure stumbling around inside.


It was that hunter from before.


“Oh,” Sarah said, her voice void of emotion as she held the jar up to her eye. “I’d almost forgotten about you, Darrell.”


The tiny hunter scrambled to his feet as his glass prison was carried hundreds of feet into the air. He had spent the past several hours being jostled and thrown around in Sarah’s backpack, with only an enormous pair of socks keeping him company in the dark. Light finally broke through as the top backpack flap opened, and Sarah’s massive hand descended from above. Her thick fingers wrapped themselves around his tomb, and he was carried off to face Sarah’s judgment.


Now he found himself elevated hundreds of feet in the air, face to face with Sarah’s all-consuming eye. Her pupil expanded and dilated as it coldly regarded his insignificant form.


“You know,” Sarah said, her emerald eye never taking itself off the hunter. “I try Darrell. I really really try to be kind and gentle.”


Her voice cracked as her eyes began welling up with tears again.


“But it’s not always easy,” the young girl continued. “Sometimes it feels pointless. I know I’m terrifying. I know anyone with common sense would take one look at me and run the other way. No matter how hard I try, people will always be afraid of me.”


Tears rolled down Sarah’s cheeks. She took a deep breath, then refocused her gaze back on Darrell.


“But I try anyway, and it usually gets me nowhere,” she bitterly spat. “All the good people still run away and I’m left with assholes like you. Assholes that try and take advantage of me.”


The giantess shook the jar in hand, battering Darrell against the hard surface.


“Well what are you gonna do now?” Sarah asked, glowering at the trapped man. “You’ve got nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. I could swallow you whole and you wouIdn’t even be a morsel for me. I could crush you beneath my foot and not even feel it. There are a million different ways I could terrorize you, but I choose not to.”


Sarah slammed the jar onto the ground and rose to her full intimidating height. Darrell took a step back as he took in the skyscraper-sized girl looking down at him like an unwanted pest.


“But is that what I need to do?” Sarah questioned as her tears fell like water bombs from high above.


She kicked the jar onto its side, then planted her foot on top of it like a soccer ball before it could roll away.


“Is all that I am?” Sarah screamed as she pressed more of her weight onto the jar.


Down below, Darrell was terrified for his life. Sarah wasn’t letting up. Her massive sole covered almost his entire field of vision, and he could hear the glass straining as it struggled to support the thousands of tons of Sarah’s body. The glass began cracking beneath her enormous foot, and he saw her face glaring at him from high above, her eyes full of anger and hatred.


“Holy shit,” he thought as more of his shelter cracked beneath the young girl’s weight. “I’m gonna die here.”


Darrell closed his eyes and prayed to whatever God might be out there, hoping for a quick death beneath Sarah’s foot.


But the impact never came. The air grew silent as the sounds of glass cracking went away. The sounds of sobbing broke through the silence, and Darrell opened his eyes.


Sarah stood there, crying to herself as she realized what she’d almost done. She almost killed someone, on purpose. She reached down to pick up the jar and gently carried it to the door.


Darrell watched, still in shock and fear, as the titanic girl that was just about to squash him cradled his cracked jar prison. Her red eyes didn’t make eye contact with him, instead, Sarah looked straight at the door she was carrying him to. She went outside, then crouched down and opened the jar, and gently dumped the hunter out.


“Just leave,” Sarah muttered, sniffing back more tears. “And never come back. Please.”


She stood up and went inside without waiting for a response. Sarah slammed the door closed, then thundered across her room, threw herself onto her bed, and buried her face into her pillow.


Beneath Sarah’s dresser, Mia had heard and seen the entire exchange. She contemplated what had happened as she looked out from her shelter to check that the coast was clear. Seeing that it was, she made a beeline for Sarah’s door. She’d only been running for a minute or so when a light sob caught her attention.


Mia turned around and saw Sarah sprawled out high above on her bed, crying into her pillow. One of her legs hung off the side of her bed, stretched out so her foot touched the ground.

 

Mia looked back at the door, then back at Sarah as she continued to cry. She sighed and started running towards the giant girl’s foot.

Chapter End Notes:


Like I said before, I worked really hard on this chapter. Writing this story has been a lot of fun so far, and it's been helping me improve a lot as a writer. If you have any feedback on the story, my writing, or just really enjoyed it, please leave a review!