- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Surprise! Betcha thought this story was dead didn't ya? Sorry for the long wait, real life slowed progress on this story but I'm finally back with a new chapter, full of goodies for your enjoyment.

------------------------------------------

 


The group continued their trip in silence as Sarah thundered down the path. Her emerald eyes intensely scanned the ground for any unsuspecting park-goers. Sharp seismic shocks rattled the earth each time one of Sarah’s feet made contact as she walked at a brisker and more aggressive pace. Mia tried her best to hold on to the thick fabric of Sarah’s uniform, but still found herself being tossed around within the spacious pocket.


Fortunately the rollercoaster ride didn’t last much longer as Sarah’s quick pace and tremendous strides quickly got the tiny campers to their destination. The giant girl carelessly dropped her enormous hiking boots with two thuds, followed by a louder one from her backpack.. Then, after some difficulty, Sarah delicately pinched her tiny passengers out of her pocket and deposited them in front of her feet.


“Okay,” Sarah said. “Y’all go ahead and set up your tents for the night. I’m gonna gather some firewood.”


With that Sarah went off, her monolithic foot soaring over the group before slamming down over a hundred feet away. Her second foot quickly took off as well, sending a gust of wind as it passed overhead and leaving the group with nothing but a pair of building sized boots. 


“She’ll be fine,” Emily reassured Mia as they watched Sarah stomp around in the distance. “She always gets like this when she catches someone hunting in the park, all you can really do is give her some space to cool down. Come on, I’ll help you with your tent.”


As Mia assembled the poles for her tent, she continued to look past Sarah’s towering boots and at their owner collecting firewood in the distance. Sarah traversed the landscape, scanning the forest for any dead or withered trees. After finding one, she knelt down, wrapped her fingers around its trunk, then ripped the tree out by the roots like she was plucking a weed. Sarah gripped the tons of lumber in one hand as she continued to scour the land for more to add to her collection.


Mia had just finished rolling out her air mattress when a shadow enveloped her tent and she felt the ground shake with a nearby boom, indicating Sarah’s return. After setting up her sleeping bag, the college girl looked out her tent window and saw Sarah crouched over something. Mia unzipped the tent door and headed out to see what she was up to.


Sarah was deep in concentration as she tried to assemble the tree trunks she had gathered into a teepee fire formation. Some of the trees reached 30 feet, but they were still small sticks compared to her. Her enormous digits carefully picked up each piece and placed them together, trying not to tremble as she squinted in concentration. Mia went unnoticed as she quietly approached from behind Sarah, not wanting to distract the titaness.


Sarah’s fingers shook with anticipation as she carefully placed the final tree trunk down in its place. As she slowly pulled her hand away, her thumb twitched and collapsed the entire pile.


“Dammit!” Sarah cried out in frustration. She slammed the ground with an earth-shaking fist, sending Mia flying into her enormous foot. Sarah felt the sensation of something hitting her skin and looked down to see what it was.


“Oh my God! Mia?” Sarah’s hands cupped over her mouth and tears welled up in her eyes as she realized what had happened. The ranger laid down on her stomach to examine the tiny girl as close as possible.


“I’m so sorry!” Sarah’s voice trembled. “Are you okay?”


Mia was laying on the ground, dazed and lightheaded from almost being crushed like a bug. She felt a gust of warm humid air blow all around her. She opened her eyes and was met with a cliff sized face looming above her. Sarah’s breathing was heavy as she tried not to cry, and her bright green eyes sparkled as she examined the fragile little body for any bruises or broken bones.


“I’m..fine,” Mia groaned as she propped herself up with her elbow. “Just a little shaken up.”


Sarah sat up to give Mia some space and cupped her hands over her face.

“I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry,” the ranger shamefully mumbled. “I shouldn’t have done that, I should’ve seen you, I just..I’m sorry.”


Mia steadily rose to her feet, making sure nothing was too broken. She hobbled over to Sarah’s kneeling form, and cautiously placed a hand on her enormous knee.


“Hey, it’s okay, it happens to the best of us,” the slightly beaten up girl forced a smile. She leaned herself against a tree trunk as the remorseful giantess looked up from her hands. “How about we have another go at this?”


----------------


An hour or so later Mia, Emily, and Nick were relaxing by an enormous bonfire, leaning against Sarah’s heel. With a little guidance from Mia, Sarah finally managed to get the uprooted trees balanced in the formation that she wanted, and set the structure ablaze with a car sized flint and steel just as the sun was setting. Although the fire was a roaring monstrosity for her friends, it was still quite small for someone of her size. So Sarah just sat on the ground with her legs stretched out, hoping to at least warm her feet by the fire, while also providing her friends with somewhat of a backrest. She couldn’t even see the fire from this vantage point, her propped up feet hid any sight of the flame and the others. She sighed as her eyes wandered up to the cold night sky.


Hundreds of feet away, down at the heel of Sarah’s right foot, Mia let out a similar sigh. She was lucky that she hadn’t suffered any injuries from Sarah’s earlier incident, but an event like that wasn’t something you could just walk off either. Her eyes anxiously watched the blazing inferno Sarah had created, large enough to consume her house without any effort. 


Mia closed her eyes to try and relax, and readjusted her position against Sarah’s foot. The surface was firm, but still felt like flesh. She could feel the warmth of Sarah’s body emanating from her smooth heel, and it gave ever so slightly when Mia pushed against it.


Mia leaned her head back and opened her eyes, taking in the view of Sarah’s soles towering over her in the firelight. She still couldn’t comprehend how someone like Sarah could possibly exist. Her size and strength was unmatched, but she was still just a young girl. She could level a forest without much thought, hell, Mia watched her kidnap a grown man like he was an insect in her backyard. The world was lucky that Sarah wasn’t malicious. If she decided to do whatever she wanted, nobody could stand up to her.


“Hey,” Emily waved a hand in front of Mia's face, snapping her back to reality. “You doing okay?”


“Yeah,” Mia sighed, then stood up. “I think I’m just tired. I’m gonna head to bed.”


“Oh, okay,” Emily said. “Get some sleep then.”


Mia turned around to face the wall of Sarah’s foot stretching dozens of feet into the sky. She reached a hand out and gently placed it against the thick skin of her heel, unsure of what to say.


“Goodnight Sarah,” she softly called out. “It was very nice meeting you.”


Sarah didn’t show any response from above. She either couldn’t feel the touch of the bug-sized girl, or she was too caught up in her own head to notice it. Probably a little bit of both.


Mia turned around and started heading towards her tent, too tired to put any more effort into getting Sarah’s attention. The warmth and glow of the fire faded as she stepped through the grass. Lost in thought, Mia tripped and face planted into the ground. She groaned and turned around to see what had caused her to fall.


It was an enormous loose shoelace, belonging to one of Sarah’s boots. The rope was several feet thick and sprawled across the entire campsite like an out of control tree root. Mia got up and approached it, running her hands along the sturdy woven material. Her gaze followed the snaking shoelace all the way to its source, Sarah’s overturned hiking shoe. A strange sense of curiosity overtook Mia as she approached it.


The open mouth of the shoe loomed overhead as Mia approached it, inviting her to explore its depths. She pulled herself up onto the lip of the boot and carefully walked into the cavern. The fabric material gave slightly with each step she took.


Mia turned on her phone flashlight as she traveled deeper. She soon found herself faced with a back wall that was the sole of the shoe. She shined her light up against it, and saw a crater that Sarah’s heel had pressed into the surface. In the middle of the indention there was a worn out label that read “Women’s 1,917”.


The cavern continued to the left, so Mia journeyed onwards, towards the toe section. Along the wall to the right side of her, she could make out the impression of Sarah’s enormous footprint that had been worn into the boot. The young girl’s footprint dwarfed her, even when it was on its side.


Mia finally reached the toe section of the shoe, marking the end of her journey. She slowly guided her flashlight up along the wall, revealing five enormous toeprints that towered over her. She reached out and rubbed her hand against the indentation of Sarah’s big toe. Even that was somehow larger than Mia’s entire body. 


Mia sighed and plopped herself down. She couldn’t believe she’d spent all this time exploring the shoe of a girl around her age.To her it was a formidable cavern. To Sarah it was just an article of clothing that she casually slipped on and off, and Mia was nothing more than a bug or pebble that had somehow gotten inside. The thought was truly humbling.


“What a day,” Mia thought as her eyelids grew heavy. The air inside the shoe was starting to make her drowsy. It didn’t smell awful, it was just a bit warm. The scent of leather wafted over Mia as she closed her eyes and unconsciously cozied up into the corner of Sarah’s shoe.


------------------------------------------


An earth-shaking boom jolted Mia awake. It took her a minute to remember her surroundings then she turned on her flashlight to see Sarah’s enormous foot grip the lip of her shoe between her first and second toes, and flip it upright.


After tumbling around and landing face-first onto Sarah’s toeprint, Mia ran towards the heel, screaming and waving her arms. As she approached the end, she could see the starry night sky shining up above, but that faint light was quickly eclipsed by five enormous wiggling toes as they entered their home. Not wanting to be flattened by Sarah’s heel, Mia quickly turned around and retreated back towards the toe section in hopes of escaping the impending doom. 


She’d almost made it to the tip when she could feel the presence of Sarah’s approaching foot about to bulldoze her. In a last ditch attempt, Mia threw herself forward and landed right underneath the arch between Sarah’s toes and the ball of her foot. Mia laid on her back, panting in terror as her flashlight revealed the prison she’d trapped herself in.


------------------------------------------

 

A few moments earlier


After making sure the bonfire was put out, Sarah said goodnight to her friends, then stood up to slip her boots back on before heading back to her cabin. She spotted Mia’s tent while she was looking for her shoes. She thought about picking it up to properly say goodnight, but then noticed the light inside was off.


“She must already be asleep,” Sarah thought.


Maybe it was for the best. Mia had seemed open to liking Sarah at first, but as time went on she could tell the girl was becoming more and more intimidated by her. That encounter with the hunter certainly didn’t help. Even when Sarah was trying to be friendly, she could tell that all Mia could think about was the fact that she could squash her with her pinky. The giantess sighed, and went to put her boots on.


“Way to go you gargantuan idiot,” she mumbled to herself, fighting back tears as she slipped her feet into her boots. “It only took less than a day for Sarahzilla to traumatize the poor thing.”


Sarah tied her shoelaces, slipped on her backpack, and thundered off into the night.

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

------------------------------------------

As always, leave a review if you're enjoying the story or have any feedback. They really help keep me motivated to keep working on this. One of my goals for this summer is to wrap up this story, we'll see if that gets acomplished.

Also, shoutout to @YoHomeboyRaps on Twitter. Some of my inspiration for a giantess park ranger initially came from him and his character of a giantess jurassic park ranger named Jen. I wish I could tag him and let him know about this story he helped inspire, but alas, I don't have Twitter. Maybe he'll see this someday.