- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter has been revised and updated since its original publishing. This rewritten version was published on July 28, 2022. 


An introduction to our giantess, a little bit of size action, and more dialogue than I intended.

Mia’s legs trembled as she stood in the shadow of the young park ranger. The colossal young girl eagerly smiled down at her from hundreds of feet above as her powerful legs supported her enormous squatting form. Mia turned around in terror, desperately looking for support as Emily and Nick approached their friend. Emily gently put her hand on Mia’s shoulder, while Nick looked up at the giantess and smiled.


“There you are Sarah!” Nick shouted to the titan. “We were just talking about you!”


“Emily! Nick! It’s great to see you again!” The giantess boomed, then shifted her gaze to the left. “And this little darling must be Mia!”


Mia struggled to form words as Sarah’s green eyes drilled into her. She felt like an insect under the ranger’s gaze; nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.


“I’ve heard a lot about you!” Sarah continued to thunder. She slowly lowered her index finger towards Mia. “It’s so nice to meet you!”


Mia stared at the tree trunk-sized finger waiting in front of her, too paralyzed to move. She felt Emily’s hand come to rest on her shoulder once again, and give her a small reassuring pat. Taking a deep breathe, the the stunned girl willed herself to reach out and touch the slightly calloused skin. Her hand wasn’t anywhere near big enough to grip Sarah’s fingertip, but she did her best to give it some semblance of a handshake.


“Um, it’s nice to meet you too,” Mia nervously stuttered. “Nick and Emily have said a lot about you too.”


Sarah gave Mia a kind smile. She gently rubbed the tiny girl’s head with her enormous finger, ruffling her hair in the process. Mia felt strange as the soft pad pressed into her, liike she was a small animal being petted. 


“So,” Sarah asked. “Did y’all wanna go ahead and head to your campsite?”


“We were actually thinking we could show Mia around the property a bit beforehand, maybe take her to the lake,” Nick said. “Do you think you could give us a ride?”


“Of course!” Sarah happily boomed. She lowered an enormous hand onto the ground in front of the group. “Hop aboard!” Without hesitation, Nick approached Sarah’s thumb and climbed onto her palm.


“I’m sorry,” Mia said, coming out of her dazed shock as Emily guided her forward. “She’s going to carry us there in her hand?”


“It’s okay,” her friend reassured her. “I know it seems scary, but Sarah knows what she’s doing.”


The college student still couldn’t believe what was happening. Obviously Sarah was big enough to hold them, but Mia wasn’t sure how comfortable she felt literally putting her life in the hands of this giant stranger. Just as she was about to back out and try to escape back to the car, she felt Emily’s hand wrap around her’s.


“Hey, look at me,” her friend softly said. “I promise Sarah won’t hurt you.”


Mia sighed, and let her friend guide her toward the giant outstretched hand. She pressed her hands against the soft yet firm skin and, with some difficulty, hoisted herself up and fell into Sarah’s massive palm. The flesh enveloped Mia as she rolled onto the hand and collapsed into it. It felt like she was laying on a giant gym mattress. Nick helped Mia to her feet as Emily climbed in and joined them.


“Alrighty then y’all,” Sarah thundered. “We’re going up, so you hold on tight!”


Sarah’s hand ascended into the sky as she rose up to her full height, causing Mia to once again collapse into the fleshy palm. The colossus looked down to make sure everyone was okay, then, upon receiving a weary thumbs up from Mia, began her quick trek to the lake.


“So Sarah,” Nick shouted. “How’s the park been lately?”


As Nick began chatting with Sarah, Mia tried to make herself comfortable on the unusual surface. She pressed her hand against it, feeling its warmth and slight give. She was still having a hard time processing what was happening, she really was resting in the hand of an impossibly giant girl who was carrying her around like a toy. Emily crawled over and sat down by Mia’s side.


“So,” Emily asked, giving a hesitant smile. “What do you think?”


“Oh yeah, she seems like a really sweet girl, just like you guys said,” Mia replied, feeling a little annoyed. “I just can’t believe I missed the detail that she was 400 feet tall.”


“Actually she’s only 365 feet tall,” Emily corrected. “At least, she was last time I visited her.”


Mia glared at her friend in silence. Emily sighed.


“I’m sorry for not telling you beforehand.”


“Well, why didn’t you?” Mia asked.


“We didn’t wanna scare you,” Emily said sheepishly, running her hand across the skin she was sitting on. “Sarah’s heard stories about our time at college with you, and she really wanted to meet you. Nick and weren’t sure if you’d be willing to give her a chance if you knew the truth about her, so we thought it might be better to leave that detail out.”


Mia thought about that for a bit. She had to agree, she was already pretty hesitant about meeting new people, and she absolutely would have have done her best to avoid meeting a person the size of of a skyscraper. But still, a warning would have been nice.


“How did she get so big?” Mia asked. “I mean, this isn’t natural.”


“It’s not,” Emily agreed. “To be honest I’m not entirely sure. She just showed at our high school one yearand she was already gigantic. But she’s definitely grown since then. I think it’s genetic. She seems to get uncomfortable when people ask about her size, so Nick and I never pushed her to share.”


Their conversation was brought to a halt as the rhythmic bobbing and swaying from Sarah’s walk stopped. Mia peeked over the edge of the cupped hand and saw a huge shimmering lake in the distance.


“Alright, all off,” the titaness giggled as she lowered her hand. “We hope you leave a good review!”


One by one, the group hopped off the girl’s palm onto the lake shore. Mia was thankful to be back on hard stable land.


“Listen,” Emily quietly asked. “I know Sarah can be a lot, but she really is a sweet girl. She just doesn’t have a lot of experience connecting with other people. Promise me you’ll give her a chance?”


Mia looked at her friend’s pleading face, then up at the towering form of the perky young giantess. She gulped.


“I promise.”

Chapter End Notes:
This chapter was a lot of fun to rewrite, I tried to give Mia a deeper connection with her friends, and I think I've gotten better at writing dialogue and slowing things down. As always, let me know what you think by leaving a review!