- Text Size +

 

"Mnnh..."

Frisk muttered groggily and blinked his eyes as he woke up. Still not fully awake, he propped himself up on his knees and stretched his arms.

 

Man, that was weird. Hope I wasn’t conked out for a long time, he muttered.

 

Absentmindedly, he fumbled around on the welcome mat. You know, I could swear this thing was more detailed before…

 

Opening his eyes, Frisk stared down at the fuzzy fabric of the mat, noticing that it was, in fact, plain. And, er, a lot larger than he remembered. Pinpricks creeped up his back; something wasn’t right. Hesitantly, he slowly started to look up from the ground. Instead of the short step of the doorway, he saw a room-sized expanse of carpeting, with massive letters spelling out ‘COME INSIDE, NERD’ all across the place.

 

What the heck! Am I…tiny?!

 

 As he turned his gaze up, he noticed the wooden monolith that was Undyne’s front door. Quickly, he turned around to see if he wasn’t just hallucinating; sure enough, the front yard was equally as massive, and the petunias and dragon lilies towered over him—Asgore liked to come over to help her garden, but it’s obvious by how tall and green they are now that she’s put some care in herself.

 

“Okay, okay. Don’t panic, Frisk, you just gotta calm down and think things through before you do something stupid…”

 

The teen took deep, shuddering breaths and clutched his chest in an effort to slow down his pulse. He was lucky that the ambient smell of flowers (that WEREN’T buttercups) was so pleasant, even at this size. It really helped smooth the process over.

 

In that time, he grabbed his phone and tried to call someone, starting with Undyne.

 

 

…No signal! Damnit! Maybe being this small made the phone useless? Wait, why did his stuff shrink with him anyway? Wasn’t he wearing a different set of clothes when Alphys zapped him? Of course, that assumes that the ray gun she was testing actually WAS the cause, which doesn’t necessarily—

 

Stopstopstopstopstop. There’s no use in contemplating how this all happened if you can’t do anything about it. Just think. How can you get Undyne to help you…?

 

Wait, didn’t he, like, collapse right in front of the door? Shouldn’t that have made a lot of noise…?

 

All of a sudden, a quiet, muffled thudding reverberated throughout the porch. It sounded like it was coming from the house. 

Hooray! She did notice!

 

As the sound of footsteps grew closer, though, Frisk began to get a little worried. Now that he’s hearing them more clearly, they don’t sound very…calm. Did she think he skimped out on her?

 

The stamping stopped all of a sudden, closer than ever. Even though she was the closest thing to help he could get right now, Undyne was seeming a bit scarier today. Sure, she’s his friend (and embarrassingly huge crush), but it was impossible for her to know where he was right now. Hopefully she’d be able to see him when she steps outside…

 

“Wait…she’s gonna step outside!”

 

Frisk’s heart leaped in his chest as the front door swung open.

 

“Ugh, can’t believe that runt’s running 2 hours late,” Undyne’s voice bellowed from up above. “I swear, just say something if you’re need to delay. Guess I’ll hafta give him a little surprise visit…”

 

The fish knight’s left foot plummeted from it’s perch on the metal extension of her door, heading right towards Frisk! Instincts taking over, he leaps to the right, just barely avoiding being crushed by Undyne’s flat. He was almost tossed into the air from the force of it all. Luckily, he managed to get right back on his feet after she took her next step, now fully on the porch. With no other way to contact her, the only thing he could do was leap onto her shoe, and so he did.

 

It took a bit of work to get there, but in the end, Frisk safely crawled on top of Undyne’s foot. He went to work, rubbing every square inch of skin with his body. Unfortunately, his position was awkward, so at one point he stumbled over and fell face first into the toe cleavage. Panic shot through his limbs, and he instinctively took a deep breath, accidentally letting in the pungent, humid air trapped in between her second and third toes. There was no way to avoid the brunt of the stench, even if he had time to prepare, since his head was lodged between the fabric and her digits.

 

“…What the hell?”

 

Lady Luck must’ve felt kind of bad, because almost immediately after Frisk got his first lungful of fish foot, Undyne felt something pressing into her foot. With how miffed she was, it was a wonder she didn’t just kick her leg out and send him flying—or snap his neck, which was quite precariously placed between a flat and a damp place. Thankfully, she’s learned from past ‘incidents’ similar to this one; last time, she actually had to get a new pair of shoes, since she kicked one of her converse so hard it landed in the middle of the road, and was instantly ran over by a passing car.

 

Instead, she just best down and looked her shoe over. Whatever was bothering her, whether alive or not, was gonna be in for a very unpleasant surprise.

 

“Huh. Is this a…doll? It kinda looks like Frisk…”

 

A malicious grin flashed across her face.

 

“Yeah…it really does. Heheheh.”

 

Frisk was in the middle of fruitlessly attempting to pull his face free of the toe crevice it was lodged in when he felt an enormous hand come down and grip his body tightly. He felt the air in his lungs get forced out (both a blessing and a curse) while his body was slowly, intently lifted into the air. The moving stopped when it met resistance with the toe cover of the flat.

 

Undyne was confused at first, but then she understood what happened to the so-called doll.

 

“Hihihi,” she giggled in a way that was almost…girlish. “Looks like you got your first taste of what’s coming to you, little guy.”

 

Even amidst the pain of having his neck strained, Frisk felt butterflies in his stomach at the sound. Though she almost certainly didn’t know he was the real deal right now, the fact that he made her laugh like that filled him with a bizarre mix of pride and embarrassment.

 

And fear, of course. A lot of fear. What was she planning to do to him?

 

Chapter End Notes:

Got a little bit of bullying up next.