- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A short introductory chapter.

"Ughhh..." 

 

Frisk was lying face down on his bed, groaning into his pillows. Today was the same as every other day; Toriel woke him up for breakfast, then made him go outside to help take care of the garden, then he took a trip around the block to see Burgerpants at the theatre (and eat some jellybeans the cashier snook for him), then he went right back home, all before noon. He tried calling everyone, but they were all away from their phones. For a while, he aimlessly wandered around the house, but soon even that got boring. Eventually, he went to his room and flopped down on his mattress, not even bothering to use the covers.

 

When he and all of Monsterkind defeated Flowey and made it out of the depths of Mt. Ebott, his life had been going perfectly. He had a new home, new friends, and a whole lot of fond memories that will stay with him for a long time. As the turbulence of his time in the Underground finally came to an end, however, a nagging sense of boredom grew in his young, erratic mind. 

 

Living with Toriel was really nice, and so was hanging out with all the people he met (especially the Bone Bros.), but by a few months into this new chapter of his life, he knew the whole neighborhood like the back of his hand. He needed something {i}new{/i} and {i}exciting; {/i}some kind of adventure, like when he first tripped and fell into that hole in the mountain. Sure, it was scary, and he didn't know he'd survive the fall, but hey; it beat sitting around all day and doing nothing!

 

Wait. What's the point of an adventure if you don't have someone to enjoy it with? He should check if one of his friends wanted to come along!

 

Sans? Nah, he's too much of a lazy bones to walk more than five feet to the trash can, let alone walk around {i}all day. {/i}

 

Papyrus? He's always fun to mess around with...wait, he's probably too busy perfecting that..eugh...{i}spaghetti ice cream{/i} he was talking about. It's stuff like that that makes Frisk almost sympathize with the lanky skeleton's deadbeat brother.

 

Alphys? No, she's too busy watching that prequel to the original Mew Mew Kissy Cutie show--even though she {i}says{/i} she hates it more than the sequel. It's not like she'd be eager to go out, anyhow; she's too sensitive to sunlight to get out for more than a couple hours. Or maybe that's what she wants people to think...

 

Besides, they already hung out a few days ago when the lizard scientist wanted a lab rat to test out her new ray gun. Now that he thinks about it, she didn't really tell Frisk what it {i}did,{/i} which is a bit concerning, but he was too bored to question it then. Not that it mattered, really; the beam only made him feel kind of tingly for a bit. Then again, maybe he should text her about it...

 

Lifting his head, the bored adolescent stared numbly at his phone and scrolled down his contacts. 

 

Just as he was about to tap Alphys's contact, he noticed the one person he hadn't thought of yet: Undyne! Yeah, yeah! She's the perfect fish lady to go out and adventure with! She might be rowdy and irresponsible (and, as Toriel would put it: terribly reckless), but she definitely knows how to have fun! And she can drive, too! Well, she might not have a license, per se, but Asgore taught her pretty well, from what he heard.

 

The teen opened his friend's messages and send her a quick text:

 

---

 

yo undyne im coming over to hang out with u wether u want to or not


woah


unexpected AND forceful


ur gettin more like me every day kid

 

---

 

Then he jumped out of bed and ran down the stairs, waving Toriel a quick goodbye and sprinting all the way to the royal guard's house. It was only a couple blocks away, so the trip shouldn't have taken a toll on him, but as he continued to run, he felt himself getting weirdly tired. He slowed down to a casual gait and tried (but failed) to shrug it off. 

 

"Man, is this really because of that ray gun? Jeez..."

 

Instead of going back home to take a nap, Frisk decided to keep going. If he wanted to rest, he could just do it at Undyne's house. Toriel wouldn't mind, right?

 

Soon, he arrived at Undyne's place. By then, it was getting sorta hard to even lift his arms up. He trudged up the steps, and tried to make an effort to ring the doorbell, but before he could even touch the handle, he collapsed on the spot...

 

"Soo...tirrreeedddd..."

 

He was out like a light.

 

 

------

Chapter End Notes:

 A little bit of Unaware content next.