- Text Size +

Chapter 8: Party’s Over

 

Norbert, a brown haired fellow dressed in a slim robot costume from his shoulders down, made an announcement over the sound-setups mic.

 

“Hey everyone, I finally figured the lights out!” he said. The crowd cheered as he flipped a switch and the LED stands around the room started to flick on and off with the beat of the music. Each time they toggled they changed shades from white to green to orange and all sorts of colors.

 

Josephine was talking to Marilyn. The two best friends had some skater clothes on for their costume. They were dancing like everyone else when a slight rumble echoed from under the warehouse floor.

 

“Did you hear that?” asked Josephine.

 

Marilyn just shrugged before she got back to swaying her hips to the beat.

 

“Relax, I think it was just some water running through the old drainage systems super fast or something.”

 

Josephine shrugged in turn and the two danced a bit longer. There was a small break in the music after the song.

 

“I’m gonna go pee. I’ll be right back!” said Marilyn as she skipped towards the bathroom door.

 

Deanna had since moved out the way of the women’s bathroom, which quickly became popular what with all the punch drinking going on. With guard duty over, the jester-dressed tomboy took to making out with another woman in the corner of the warehouse.

 

Josephine watched her friend go through that door, then danced alone for the next song. At the end of it, she started to wander if her Marilyn was ok in there. Come to think of it, she noticed some other women go in and not come out either. She moved towards the door.

 

Everyone was dancing under the rave-like lights to a spooky techno beat when a scream rang out. Norbert lowered the volume of the music and everyone turned towards that bathroom door. Josephine stared inside the room with horror. Her body blocked most of the view of whatever was going on in there, but she herself saw it all. Marilyn and several other woman were sucked into a massive blob of flesh-colored-taffy, marshmallow, and other syrupy candy stuff. She had walked in just in time to see Marilyn get fully engulfed.

 

Josephine turned to run. “Stop the music we gotta get outta here-” She screamed again as a slimy pseudopod of marshmallow grabbed her leg. A loud giggle rang out. Some recognized the voice. Blair.

 

Josephine got dragged right into the bathroom, leaving behind claw marks on the door frame as she tried in vain to hang on. The door shut again. A small tremor shook the warehouse and people heard something slithering around outside: something big. People started to panic. One guy ran over to a black tarp by the window and yanked it off. Beneath the flashing illumination of the kaleidoscopic light setup that man and a bunch of other partygoers saw the pane entirely occluded by an undulating mass of what looked like skin. The windows were blocked from the outside.

 

Struck with a sense of foreboding, Norbert turned to run and his leg tripped over the cable to the laptop. The thing fell to the floor, cutting off the music and the lights. Everyone screamed.

 

There were sounds of shutters getting bent. Some sweet amorphous mass was pouring out from the restroom door into the main dance hall. Screams rang out as people got slurped up by it, though all noises were drowned by that sadistic mirth from Blair. It came from everywhere.


Norbert rushed to the laptop and yanked all the cords out of it one by one. To the tunes of terrified partygoers he finally found the one belonging to the light-control unit. Once yanked out all the lights reset to their normal mode. The whole warehouse was lit up again just in time to see a humongous hodgepodge of candy mass reel upwards towards the ceiling. The people Blair took in when she slithered out from the restroom door were embedded in the candy mass as its exterior turned to fair-shaded taffy. Shortly after, they were sucked right into her mass. The clay-like candy-flesh shaped and morphed itself into a gigantic woman, 100ft (30m) tall. She was naked from head to toe, and her hair formed last into a black ponytail of licorice strands wrapped in a red licorice tie.

 

It was Blair. They knew the face. It was the woman people on campus noticed only to bully or gossip over. Here she was now, looming over them. Everyone paused from the shock of it all. They were terrified, sure, but none had seen anything like a giant before.

 

“Hi!” she said. Her voice had a loud volume to it that would’ve overpower the music were it still playing.

 

“I hope you don’t mind me showing up? I think you all forgot to invite me?”

 

In the corner of the room, that woman ‘Deanna’ was making out with tried to get away. The clown-costumed body just turned into a little blob and washed over her. The ‘Deanna’ body engulfed that treat like an amoeba, and that prey’s head stuck out, screaming as the enveloping candy-matter slithered back to Blair. Once the candy blob touched Blair’s ankle, that big main body of hers reabsorbed the mass and the screaming woman along with it.

 

“Delicious~” said Blair.

 

At this point they were sure she was a monster. Most people started to scream and run. Some collapsed and begged. A lot of the runners headed for the door to the outside, but when they tried to open it they couldn’t. They noticed the door smelled sweet, and saw hard-candy seeped through its holes and edges like cement.

 

“S-she’s caramelized the way out!” a man said.

 

Blair burst into laughter.

 

“That’s toffee actually. Very hard toffee. Caramelize also doesn’t mean what you think it does. You guys really don’t know your candy do you? Though, to be fair, I’m made of the stuff so I guess I’ve got a bit of an advantage.”

 

Everyone started screaming again, moving towards the other end of the building where there were shutters. Those were toffeed shut too. She watched, basking in the atmosphere of fear. Eventually two guys threw some speakers through one of the windows. One of them tried to claw at the taffy blocking the pane, so Blair, getting tired of the people’s lack of attention, just slurped him right into that mass.

 

He cried, flailed and, in his panic, grabbed at a woman running nearby. He held her tight hoping she’d tug him out. Blair perked up.

 

“Ooh, two for one special~”

 

Both he and her were sucked in. Their screams silenced as the taffy engulfed them with ease.

 

“Ok.” she boomed. “Let’s settle down now.” She clapped her hands together. Not all the partygoers calmed as much as ideal, but they all stopped running around at least.

 

“This is my first college party, you know. I hope you don’t mind I didn’t bring a costume or anything. I’m sure the concept of ‘Bland Blair’ crashing your event is horrific enough for you snobs~”

 

She chuckled, then looked down at her feet towards some of the fear-paralyzed people below. With a smile, she leaned down and pinched two of them up in her hand, ignoring any protests.

 

“There’s no decorum or ritual for enjoying some party food right? I can just help myself?”

 

She chuckled again. Opening wide, she slipped the captured man into her mouth. She gulped him down at once to horrified gasps from below. The woman left in her hand started to pry at the fingers, but it was no use and she went in soon after. Slick with sugary slime, she landed in a dark gut with a splash.

 

Blair drummed her fingers against her stomach. Her tongue snaked out to tap at her lower lip.

 

“Yummy.” she said, then watched all those terrified expressions in the room. The people closest to her toes started scooting back.

 

“Oh, did I startle you by eating your friends alive there?”

 

She took a giant step closer. Her toes landed right by the costumed mob with a thud. The concrete cracked a little under her sole.

 

“Well if it’s any consolation, they’re still alive in me. Wanna see?”

 

Blair leaned forward and down just a bit to angle her taut stomach above the crowd close to her. The dozens of people farther back in the warehouse watched on as well.

 

The taffy flesh of her abdominal region split down the middle from the bottom of her bosom to the top of her waist. Some caramel and syrup spilled out onto that crowd and they yelped. Wiping it from their faces, they looked up to see a transparent candy-coating showing the inside of Blair’s stomach.

 

Inside were the two people she ate earlier. They floundered about in a cloudy white fluid that seemed to burn at their scrunched up skin.

 

“Do you know what that fluid is?” asked Blair. She cooed as the two morsels inside her stirred. They saw a window to the outside and ran towards it.

 

“Oh, seems those two treats of mine are gonna show you themselves~”, said the monstrous woman.

 

As the pair ran towards the transparent candy film of Blair’s gut, licorice tentacles lashed from the normal, fleshy-looking, candy-stomach walls behind them. She tied it about their waists with lots of ‘line’ to give, but they kept moving along. The chance of freedom was too potent a hope to stop. They moved their bodies against the thin-transparent wax which Blair changed that front of her stomach into. She made it weak on purpose, and when they pressed their full weight against it, the film split open.

 

That digestive fluid poured from her open candy stomach onto the crowd below. A very potent sour smell hit the air. Those below her screamed as their flesh began to tingle, burn, and pucker in the fluid’s embrace. The two licorice tethered morsels didn’t even get free. Tethered still, they just hung in the air above the partygoers they helped coat with stomach juices. Blair let them do that a few seconds till the candy tentacles roped them back inside.

 

She roared in laughter.

 

“People are so selfish.”, she began, speaking loud enough to overpower the new screams of agony and terror. That her stomach and abdominal cavity were open didn’t seem to bother her in the slightest. The only organ in there was the stomach, everything else was just hollow taffy-gummy flesh drenched in syrup and caramel fluids and slimes.

 

“If those two simply settled in my tummy like the good treats they were, they couldn’t have gotten you drenched my stomach juices.”

She stood back up, splashing some of the juices from her open stomach onto a few more partygoers in the distance. Her hands clapped together.

 

“Oh, here’s a fun question. Anyone know how sour candy is sour? I’ll give you a hint, it’s the same reason my digestive fluids smell so tart.”

 

She waited a moment, no one answered. They were too afraid, but she knew fear could be a motivator as well.

 

“Someone answer me or I’ll make all your ends ten times as bad.”

 

A bespectacled woman in a bee costume spoke up. “C-citrus acid.”

 

“Oooh~” chimed Blair. “Good answer, but too specific.” Her giant body pointed in the woman’s direction and a licorice rope launched from her finger. It pierced through her stomach with its hard-candy tip. Said tip grew back inwards like a hook, and roped the costumed gal into Blair’s hand, where she sunk in: absorbed to whimpers and muted cries of terror.

 

“Yum~” said Blair. “Oh, she’s tougher than she looks. Lots of squirming. Anyways, the correct answer was just acid in general. Citrus is one, but there’s also malic, tartaric, and fumaric. The average sour candy has a pH of 1.8 you know. That’s about as acidic as battery acid.” Blair resealed her stomach before their eyes, though she made more opaque candy-flesh in lieu of that transparent flimsy candy-wax film from earlier. Her abdomen sealed again soon after, and the people she ate were once more shrouded in dark agonies.

 

“It’s really amazing what you can do even if limited to just ‘candy’ components.” said Blair, hands on her hips proud. “I’ve become something of an expert at working with stuff: all the better considering I’m made of it, right?”

 

“Here,” she started, looking down at the acid-scared mob below. They were in too much agony to move much.

 

“Just check out the underside of my foot~”

 

She lifted her ped on its heel and slid it forward over a group of five.

 

“Go on and take in the sight of it.” said Blair. She wiggled her toes overhead.

 

“I’ve replicated my old body down to every single wrinkle with my candy-flesh. Sure, the flesh is candy: in particular I stick to taffy skin. But, it’s just as detailed, warm, and soft as a normal human’s.”

 

True to her words, her foot looked human at a glance. Her toes had prints and whorls, and a bunch of wrinkles inlaid her feminine sole. She smiled as she set it down atop those partygoers and cooed at their squirms.

 

“Mmf, what a sensation.” she giggled. A moment later and she slammed the foot down, silencing their whimpers and cries. “Sorry to get so shameless, but this is the first time I’ve stepped on some people and it’s fantastic~”

 

She twisted her foot side to side, then lifted it up and set it down on a few of their friends. She cooed again. The others noticed that, despite the horrible crunching noises, not a drop of blood or mess stained her sole or the floor. She must’ve absorbed it all.

 

Blair smiled. She felt new souls enter her body. Curiously, one soul was from an acid-spill victims below that she didn’t squash: he had to, as one can’t live long with their neck seared through. ‘Delightful!’ she thought. Seems she had an aura or something, so all her victims, no matter the means, went to her in the end.

 

A voice from the distant crowds at the other end of the warehouse called out. It was a man: Norbert.

 

“L-look I’m sorry we didn’t invite you Blair. Just please, let us go. We fucked up alright.”

 

Blair erupted into yet another bout of laughter.

 

“You think I’m doing this to you cause I wasn’t invited? Cause I was bullied? Well, perhaps in part but, to be honest, this is fun! Though, if you’re all anti-bully all the sudden now that your heads are on the chopping block, so to speak, take solace in the fact that I’m gonna put an end to it for good.”

 

Blair giggled to herself.

 

“By killing everyone on the planet, of course!”

 

There were gasps, some in disbelief, some in disgust at this strange woman’s perverse edginess. However, most gasped in terror at the idea. It wasn’t too much of a stretch to assume a monster like her had the means and motivation for omnicide.

 

“I’ve spent my entire life going unnoticed, unlucky. I deserve a day to treat myself at the world’s expense. The entire world is my treat, don’t you understand. I haven’t met a single thing I couldn’t turn to candy yet. Why, I’m eating the land underneath this building right now, in fact.”

 

The building rumbled as Blair stirred the candy flesh pooling beneath.

 

“And you’ve noticed by now my mass enveloping this place?”

 

One of the windows up high broke as her taffy pushed inwards. It spewed some marshmallow matter down onto a few people due below, coating them in the stuff which happily dissolved them within. All the others moved back.

 

“But before I make this city my sweet delight, I wanted to show off a bit. You see, I’ve never had friends, and I’m real proud of the body I’m about to make. It’s fun being a blob and all, but I was a human first and I really like that shape most.”

 

Blair took a couple steps forward, culling the last of the acid-inundated group at the floor. By now, the fluid had singed into the concrete some, and its sour smell wafted from the scarred material and bodies towards the next closest mob. It wasn’t foul or gross smelling. Nothing ‘Blair’ smelled bad, as rotten as her actions were. Her odor was an alluring mixture of candy which bellied the cruelty she wielded so easily.

 

“Like I said, you can really replicate a lot with just candy.” her body made grisly squelching and crunching sounds as her skin shifted in spots here and there. Most noises came from within. She closed her eyes, focused, and finished up the final details.

 

Blair sighed, proud at what she could do so fast. Her body was her clay and she was mistress of the craft. She held out her arm to the remaining crowd. They were clumped up towards a corner of the warehouse now.

 

Blair smiled as her arm opened up like some sort of anatomy textbook diagram. The ‘skin’ peeled to reveal the ‘muscle’, between which laid some white fluffy stuff. Each layer was interspersed with syrups and such. The ‘muscle’ itself tore to reveal hard white candy matter. Blair taped at that first.

 

“Hard-candy bones. The sugar is worked into tight, strong crystals here.” Red-fibers peeled back over the bone and she pointed to that next. “Gummy muscle here. I found I can make that real strong as well.” Some marshmallow matter settled onto that. She pointed to it. “I used marshmallow for a bunch of things, but I find it can make a nice fat substitute.” Her other hand squeezed at one of her naked breasts. “It can be mixed with some other candy things to get the texture just right, like my tits for example~”

 

She continued. “Syrup and caramel make for nice saliva and interstitial fluids.” She rubbed her fingers in some of those before sealing her arm back up completely. She licked those digits real quick. “And, mmf, you know my flesh is mostly taffy by now; that’s another thing that works in a lot of places.”

 

Blair smiled. “I know, I look just the same as before on the outside right? Anyways, I did add one special organ to give my skin even more of a natural warmth.” She pressed her hand to her chest and felt the beat of her new ‘heart’. “I think some of you might like this. I’ll show it to you. Let me just puncture one of my licorice veins here~”

 

Her candy finger-nail, which looked indistinguishable from a normal human’s as well and as ever, pointed out for a sec, punctured her lower palm, then shrunk back to normal. Blair focused and shot a blast of a warm, almost-black fluid towards the crowd before resealing the ‘wound’. The temperature was enough to lightly burn skin.

 

“Liquid chocolate, nice and hot~” she said. “It circulates through me consonantly now. It’s like I’m constantly treated to a nice spa.” She shivered in delight and curled her toes into the concrete below.

 

The mob shuddered in horror. Many thought the woman mad.

 

“You know...” she said, tapping her chin facetiously. “I can change more than just my own body around. I can even turn others to candy. This might seem out of the blue but, have you all been enjoying the punch today?”

 

At her words, half the mob started feeling sick. Their energy felt drained, and they groaned in pain and lethargy. Inside their bodies, Blair was sucking the glucose and such from their cells first. The healthy started to distance themselves, but the group was too packed to move far.

 

“I might have spiked it while playing a role as ‘Deanna’. It was just a little something to make it sweeter. Just a little bit of *me* was all. Clear and sweet, you probably didn’t even notice it.”

 

Those who imbibed the punch began to deform. Their bones cracked and their joints burst into white fluff.

 

“Marshmallow is made of gelatin. That comes from collagen, you know? So, stuff like joints, bones, tendons, ligaments... most connective tissue too really. You all have lots of it...”

 

The infected folks continued to contort. They cried in agony as their flesh roiled and their bodies burst. Syrups and caramel coated the surrounding crowd in sticky slime. The marshmallow mattered sprayed in puffs which got into the eyes, noses, and mouths of others, causing the ‘infection’ to spread. Even if one curled up into a ball, they were devoured by the expanding candy-horror as it broke free, explosively, from the bodies it used as incubators. Soon the entire crowd was engulfed, all the while the giant main-body of Blair’s made sounds of gourmet delight as she tasted all of them and delighted in the candy-mass they offered.

 

Once that was done, there was silence save the idle dripping of caramel and syrup from that candy-blob in the corner. Blair’s ears perked as she heard a whimper from the laptop area. She chuckled.

 

“Oh, one’s still left.”

 

The ground shook as she walked over towards the brown haired man in a slim robot costume: Norbert.

 

“P-please.” he began. Blair chuckled.


“Oh I’ve heard that so much today. Give it a rest.”

 

She reached over and plucked him up.

 

“I don’t want to die. I-I’m sorry we didn’t invite you, I really am.”

 

Blair watched him squirm with her big eyes. Norbert saw the intricate caramel shade of their irises. He wondered how she made those. They seemed so real.

 

“After reading the memories of all the souls I took, I think parties weren’t really my thing anyways. Dancing, drinking, gossiping... seems boring. I much prefer the kind of fun I made just now.”

 

“Wait, S-souls?” he said.

 

“Oh!” Blair giggled. “I didn’t even taunt you all about that. Well, take a look~”

 

All across Blair’s face grew outlines of her victims. There were dozens and dozens. They pressed outwards like they were stuck in her belly, just like Lauren did to Deanna way back when she was at the candy factory. Each one wailed best it could without a tongue to work with. They looked to be constrained well within her taffy skin.

 

Norbert went pale white. “N-no. Please! I don’t want to go there. It’s not fair.”

 

Blair giggled. She sucked all the souls back to the core of being where they languished as minuscule dots in some sordid space.

 

The ponytailed woman smirked. “Life isn’t fair. Some people are weak; some people are things to be bullied and tormented for others amusement. They’re the losers of this world and they suffer for it. Some people though, well, one person, is *me*. And, she gets to have all the fun~”

 

She outstretched a tongue to lick at his face. Its bumpy surface made him shiver, and the syrupy saliva stained his clothes.

 

“Down you go~”

 

“N-no!” he shouted but into her mouth he went. She swallowed fast, eager to move on and to get bigger.