- Text Size +

Chapter 12: Candy Cataclysm

 

The nuclear arsenal exploded against the broadside of Blair’s body. Her candy-flesh flew off in chunks from the blast, hundreds or thousands of miles away. Molten marshmallow rained to the nation’s neighbors, crushing them beneath its boiling bulk. Much of the white fluff was charred brown: caramelized by the radioactive heat. Bits of hard-candy ‘bone’ came down like meteors and the shockwaves their hill-like bulk wrought leveled towns on their own while stripping forests of leaves with the force of its pushed air.

 

Blair’s arm blew clean off and fell to the ground over miles of terrain and a couple towns. Syrup, caramel and oodles of searing-hot chocolate exploded out from her broken up body to wash over the formally pristine lands at her front. Thousands died from the impact of the fluids. Her chocolate ‘blood’ in particular was a painful way to go. Like lava, it melted and burnt all in its path, yet the heat was just enough to make the process a grueling and drawn out one.

 

Blair’s body collapsed forward over tens of miles of terrain. Her body pooled a bit and her fair-taffy skin looked darker brown at parts due to the caramelization. The resulting earthquake ravaged the nation. Satellites could show the rifts in its landmass that formed as a result.

 

They had done it. They had felled that sadistic behemoth. The military leaders had a solemn moment of celebration. They planned to deal with the logistics of disaster aid and peace maintenance. The road to recovery looked long, but promising.


Then, Blair twitched. She lifted her head and laughed. With her one remaining arm, she hoisted her body back up. The sort of yoga-esque pose that made splashed some of her sour stomach juices over what she landed on, and their acidity eroded the land. The deep brown patches of her ‘burn damage’ quickly healed up, and her skin was its normal fair shade again.

 

Her fallen bulk deformed to a partial blob and she slithered over the bits of herself that fell nearby. With her remaining arm, she picked up the fallen one and twisted that miles-long limb back over the syrup-dripping hole it belonged to. She wiggled its fingers. ‘Good as new.”, she thought.

 

Blair let her lower half stay pooled for now. She shouted loud, knowing whoever responsible could hear her. As she spoke, she looked towards the sky sure that some satellite somewhere picked up her image.

 

“You idiots! You thought you could stop me, as I am now?”

 

The marshmallow and other candy matter, spread across the immediate few nations, began to stir.

 

“I am the very essence of candy!” she boosted. “I will suck the sugar from your very bodies! I’ll devour the sweetness of the earth! You haven’t stopped me at all!”

 

Blair lifted her hand to her mouth. There was a minor wound on it, dripping delicious chocolate, she set her mouth to it and sealed it, enjoying the flavor all the while.

 

“Mmmm,” she uttered, her voice vibrating the landscape. The less fluid taffy of her lower and now amorphous form began to fan out and ingest the land.

 

“If anything, you’ve given me some ideas. I’ve spent too long on this waste of a nation. Too long I’ve played around. It’s time to spread. In fact, you’ve done a bit of that for me already. I’m sure our neighbor nations appreciate the bits of me you’ve helped send their way.”

 

The twitching marshmallow and other candy stuff, miles and miles away in the other nations, roiled and spread out into Blair-like candy-blobs themselves. Those towns, already ravaged by the candy-matter’s landing, now had to deal with their own mini-Blair bodies which rapidly started to grow out and over their lands.

 

Blair’s main form laughed.

 

“I’ll consume this entire planet. All of it, and all of you. Each and every one of your souls will fill me up, and you’ll be trapped within me. You’ll be suffering while I wander the stars and sample the treats of the entire universe.”

 

Blair smiled: all of her did.

 

“Your end is now. Like sweet chocolate, you’ll melt into me.”

 

Blair’s forms went completely amorphous, puddling over the surface of whatever bits of Earth they landed on. She sent her bulk deep into the planet’s crust and spread out across the globe this way.

 

Oddly, what came first were trees of a sort made of green licorice roots and vines. They sprouted all over the planet, tall as a normal fruit tree, and grew enticing delights from their candy branches.

 

This was a cruel prank on Blair’s part. People stared in confused horror at these strange candy flora. Richer nations whose citizens had smart phones and the like certainly knew of Blare by now and her nature. They stayed clear away: for the most part. However, some countries were poor, and their people were uneducated and neglected. There, these trees were seen as gifts. Their sweet enticing smell was too much for starving underclasses to resist, so they took up its fruits with glee.

 

Whether through ignorance or curiosity, people imbibed. Blair laughed at their stupidity. One bite was the sweetest, richest, most delicious treat they ever tasted. Yet, that bite infested them with her presence and they wouldn’t even get a second nibble. She sucked the sugar from every cell in her body then had them burst as blobish candy mass for her to manipulate. They died, their souls hers, and she had small, new bodies everywhere across the globe.

 

Many nations knew she was coming, but even if they had all the time in the world they still couldn’t prepare for the geysers of viscous syrup, caramel, and chocolate that erupted from their lands. Soon after, her taffy-flesh followed, breaking through the rifts of torn tectonic plates to rise up like great candy blobs and engulf entire cities. Great sinkholes formed, miles and miles in diameter which lead to the sweet and horrid mass of Blair that lurked at the planet’s crust.

 

As she swept over the lands with her taffy-flesh mass, Blair decided to give her souls a bit of an outing. She contained billions of them by now. The monstrous-woman let their shapes, shoulders-and-up, form on the surface of her amorphous body as macabre reliefs. The spirits couldn’t see, and their noises were wails and groans of despair alongside unintelligibly muffled pleas. They careened over her form as flowed through the land.

 

The trapped spirits reached out with the taffy-arms they now felt to grab onto anything to try and pull themselves out of their living confinement: an impossible task. Yet, in their desperation, they grabbed at people who still lived and held on tight. Unwittingly or uncaringly, the souls at Blair’s surface tugged the living into her bulk to join their ranks. The monster-woman had exploited the fears and longings of her imprisoned souls to turn them into tools to terrify and collect more victims.

 

The had consumed every nation in mere minutes: the Americas, Asia, Europe. Every country and continent was gone, covered in her candy-mass alight with the screams of trapped spirits. There were no survivors on land. The tallest mountains sunk into her mass, consumed and converted to candy. Billions of souls existed in her core. Their memories were hers to peruse. All their last thoughts had been of her: “When is she coming?” “What’s going on?” “Why is the ground shaking so much?” “I don’t want to be eaten by that monster: that Blair.”

 

The only thing left to handle was the ocean. Blair was a tad worried it might dilute or something--all that water. So, she started with just small little drinks. Her flesh lapped up the waters sip by sip till she knew it safe. The oceans themselves were salty, but they held boats filled with fishermen, and a few yachts of the rich and clever who who thought to survive this apocalyptic being on the sea.

 

No human would survive Blair.

 

All those boats found their waters get thicker and thicker as they were pulled towards her bulk till were sailing in syrup and lapped up with ease. She drunk all the water of the planet, turning it into more candy for herself. Very soon after, the planet was the same shade of fair-skin as her candy-flesh. She had grown to engulf the world and eagerly digested it.

 

From this candy-sphere grew a great red licorice tentacle, countries in diameter, that reached up to lash at the moon. The limb coiled around the rocky sphere as the candy-planet that was Blair shifted to her more human shape. The moon was drawn towards Blair as her legs, torso, head, chest and everything else returned to return to their feminine figure. Once the moon was close enough, her right arm reformed over that tentacle she had and her body was complete again.

 

Her reconstitution into this shape was such that the snatched moon rested between her fingers. She smiled at the little thing, and with a thought drenched it in syrup that seeped out from her finger’s touch. The gnawed the treat lightly before gulping it down whole.

 

Blair laughed. All of humanity was within her. All of the planet had been her snack. She stretched her limbs in the void of space, kept warm by the pumping chocolate inside her body.

 

“This is it.” she said. “I’m a god. No more Blair the student, or the part-time worker. No more Blair the nobody. The entire cosmos will bow down to their candy overlord. I’ll devour the stars. I’ll slurp up entire galaxies. All will be my treat!”

 

Blair paused. She kicked her legs and arms in the void, and realized she couldn’t move. She focused, trying to see if she could fly or something but that didn’t work.

 

Blair had one idea, she saw it on TV once. She picked up a small bit of moon stuck in her teeth and tossed it which had an opposite force vector that moved her body extremely slightly and slowly towards Venus.

 

She frowned, upset at the prospect of taking forever to get anywhere.

 

Then, she heard laughter. The mirth echoed all around her as she slowly drifted in space. There was a puff of orange and black smoke and something was above her, something very very big and very very orange.


For the first time in quite awhile, Blair felt a twinge of fear.

 

“Did you miss me?”, boomed Hween.