- Text Size +

It was the end. Was it the end? For billions, yes, in a sense; for two, no, just another beginning.

 

A pair apart had come together, first with joy, then relief, then desire. A desire so uncontainable, so far above any other, that they simply grew large enough to contain it. The world of their birth still bore the scars of that brief ascent, a flurry of locks and limbs reaching across borders and divides, both of nature and of artifice. By the time the two drifted off of the orb, whether through mercy or cruelty, cataclysm had already touched a continent. It was an appetizer for things to come; their desire was still uncontained, after all.

The two had been locked around each other for weeks, since then: far too long by any mortal understanding, but for them, well, they were beyond such things. They’d grown, oh how they’d grown; any one curve, any one contour now rivalled that planet they’d so carelessly defaced. Their perfect, immaculate forms, arched in place, had stopped expanding, at least for the while. Too late for comfort, for any down on the surface, as their world was now but the size of a small court ball to them.

As each day passed, the brief mercy seemed more and more like a cruelty. The two had taken up their world’s orbit around their grand, yellow sun, all the while that poor blue rock was relegated to orbiting them. The shuddering tectonics, the shifting tides were alone almost as devastating as the pair’s rise had been. Their days and nights were no longer their own, now dictated by the mass of the lovers, and with each new ‘day’ they spiralled ever closer to an inevitable conclusion. It only rubbed it in, that every day the billions remaining were all but forced to watch the two carry on, only for them to take up even more of the sky, every night.

 

Such concerns were as far as could be from the thoughts of those two responsible. Even now they could feel they were still holding back, that with every passing moment their lusts only grew, that their ‘true size’ was growing in tandem. They could wait, however; it was a kindness, really, letting anyone still alive on that dusty little rock watch their play until they finally decided to end it. And end it they would, as an end was their desire, and their desire would forever go unchecked.

Every touch shared was savoured, every idle caress was drawn out and enjoyed over a period of minutes, hours, even days. The scale of it all was such that every simple sensation would totally overwhelm lesser creatures, but to them, all it meant was that they took their delightful time with every little thing. Their most seemingly benign movements each carried unimaginable power, even a shift of a hair’s breadth would be enough to displace entire nations; to the giants, it was the gentlest appraisal they could manage, and they weren’t being gentle.

 

That the volume of their play could cross the void, even in part, was the final mark that these two were far past any physical law or idea. Reality bent to them, as the sounds of their amorous reunion reached all ears. It began with a softness that belied their grandeur; a lustful whisper heard faintly through the wall. It grew quickly, to the point that the whole sphere was periodically shaken through by lustful, echoing quakes.

The span of space between the three celestial bodies drew shorter with every passing day. Spiralling ever closer, the collapsing civilisation on its surface got a wonderful, rotating view of the two lovers, totally engrossed in themselves even while their mere existence —hundreds of thousands of miles away—elicited calamity down on the surface. In truth, that distance seemed rather small now. The moon had been torn away when it all started, the sudden violation of gravity’s fragile hold on it sending the rock on its own final journey. The tides hadn’t gone with it, however. Even days from impact, the chaos renewed, as the tug of their bodies pulled on the world with ever more force. They were closer, and much, much larger than that paltry moon, after all.

Another day, and the moon was gone entirely, the little grey rock careening into the flat surface of a toned stomach. It all but detonated as it was dashed across unending miles of flawless skin, a final burst of molten light illuminating its impact. Those forced to watch their fate play out before them would’ve thought that even such destruction wasn’t enough to reach the notice of these planetary partners. That the two of them grew only more ferocious in all of their motions refuted it, and burned into their thoughts that these… divine figures up above them weren’t simply dooming them deliberately, they were dooming them with utmost delight.

Already, a single looming breast was enough to block out most of the sky, for anyone standing at the right point. At any time, fully half the world could see them and only them. Those in the south could see their bodies, stretching some unfathomable distance away into the void, legs interwoven as the two explored each other any way they could. Those in the north could see those locked lips, faces beaming with the excitement at the knowledge that they really were just getting started. At the equator, a pair of chests ready to end them all in an instant.

 

The weeks passed by as a handful of endless moments for the two, until they finally broke from their reverie at the faint yet incessant tugging the nearing world made on them. Blissfully unaware, or indulgently ignorant, of the cataclysm already engulfing it, a giggle passed from one to the other. They separated, partially, making an inviting space for the tattered blue orb to join them: one final act of love for it, before they could really get started.

Room enough for the world, and the few grain sized satellites still near it, opened wide before it. As it slipped between the two, their mass began to pull on it from all sides, with disasters unheard of bringing the planet to the brink of its unmaking; it passed that brink soon after. Already, the pair’s focus was falling away from it, playfulness and desire for each other overpowering any real sentiment towards their erstwhile home. Untold billions of acres of silky skin spread out on every horizon, and the draw of those unknowable masses around it would hold the world between them.

Would hold it, were the world not already careening towards its demise when it got there. Moments, minutes passed, and the bulk of the western hemisphere found itself alit upon the chest of a lover.

The fall of millions in a single instant registered as hardly more than a faint, pleasant tingle, followed immediately by the apocalyptic detonation of much of the surface. The magmatic ichor of the world flooded forth around the point of impact, glowing hot rock adding a hint more illumination to the two. It spread further into the space between as the collision continued, the full mass of the planet crushing down on itself, while enough magma and earth to account for a third of its size was displaced by… not so supple flesh. The entire, disastrous force of its orbit was transferred directly into one’s chest, a shockingly powerful sensation that fired uncountable nerves through and up their back. It elicited a mild gasp.

The far side of that doomed world hadn’t yet begun to feel the slightest effect of its newest unravelling when their eyes locked anew. A bit lip, a smouldering gaze from the one so rudely impacted, and their third partner was all but forgotten, cataclysm still unfolding. It was very much in place, however, for the two to let go of their truly remarkable restraint.

The two collided, and the planet ceased. They came together with more force than they’d shown any of the weeks prior, eager to resume after spending one long hour the faintest distance apart. Many of those between them hadn’t even a moment to notice the walls around them closing in, not before the two were together again. Their skies turned a hellish heat, nigh instantaneously, and what was left fell beneath a continental steam-roller. Those brief witnesses had the barest moment to comprehend what was happening, before the two were as one again, preparing to ascend heights even greater.

The entirety of their old world had vanished between their chests, the dregs of the planet’s lifeblood bursting out between them. It was another layer of warmth, on top of the gentle rays of the sun they were temporarily orbiting, and it spilled out across them. The molten rock cooled rapidly in the void, or splattered harmlessly up and out across their arms, necks and chins, adding just a little more mirth to their rapidly heating bliss. Of that world, there really was nothing recognizable left.

 

That was it, for billions; their world was done. For two, well, their play had just begun. Without a worldly tether to instil some sense of past, they could truly let their desires get the better of them. Growing against each other unceasingly, their sights turned on that illuminating orb; a much more literal tether, now for a much less certain time.

It was the end, but to those that mattered, it really was just the beginning.