- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Again, it's a fusion of the first few chapters leading to this route.

The alarm in your phone goes off and you groggily wake up with a long yawn. You actually had a good night's rest, so technically you're all in good health to face the day, though that doesn't mean you're terribly excited about it if it's some boring stuff, like one more school day. Then again, whether it's school or not, you look forward to spending more quality time with Jen, your crush. And deep down, you enjoy Lillian's endless teasing, although letting her know that would be borderline suicidal, or a very risky bet (although you could also argue that the reward would be incredibly high too). You soon get out of bed and go take a nice, cool shower before you get dressed.

You make yourself a nice breakfast, you're pretty much by yourself since your parents constantly travel around the country because of their job, though depending on the time of the year, you may or may not be fully alone. You look at your phone, as you have no idea what date it is today...

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

You smile upon seeing that it's Saturday, which means you've got two whole days to have fun and forget about school. You watch TV until you finish your breakfast and turn it off. Your mood is excellent and the food you made was pretty friggin good too. Finally fully awaken, now you wonder if you made any plans during the week... Your memory seems to be a bit blurry from the sheer boredom from being at school 5 days in a row. Lillian and Jen almost always made those days fun and interesting, but even they felt like this was an incessant drag and that classes should've ended weeks ago.

You decide to go through your phone's text messages to look for any clues as to whether you made plans or not, though even if you didn't remember, the girls would be sure to do so if they felt you'd be running late, although you still would rather find it out by yourself and not risk being thought of as careless about your plans together with them. You're not even sure, you kinda assumed by default it'd be with both, but it may have well been something with just one of them. Even if you didn't have any formal plans, you could easily go pay Lillian or Jen a visit, though you're only familiar enough to do so with the former. Alternatively, you could just spend the day playing videogames and catch up on your large Steam backlog. You also remember that your mom is probably sleeping in, but when she gets up, she may want to spend time with you if you don't go anywhere.

You tap the messaging app on your phone and decide to start looking...

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

You didn't find anything that would lead you to believe you made any plans for the weekend, and while you'd love to play videogames by yourself, you feel more like going to one of your friend's houses. You're practically family in Lillian and her mother's book, so you don't even need to call, and you live literally next door; but you're not as confident with Jen, and not so much because of her, but because you don't want to ruin your chances, or give her mom a bad impression, although she seems to like you enough to hang out with her daughter. You also haven't been many times at her house, so, it feels less familiar.

You wonder where to go, who to choose to hang out with. You could still ditch this and stay home as you previously thought, but it feels a bit like a waste. Either work on your chances to ask Jen out, or just forget about everything and have fun with Lillian as you've done all your life, it's a bit of a tough call. After a few minutes, you take a deep breath and finally decide to...