- Text Size +

The two 18-year-old teens, Joseph and Anthony, met up at the marina in San Francisco where they had been told to get on board a small yacht. Both of them are typical first-year students, likes playing basketball, quite active but not overly muscular. Both of them are not that tall at around 1.75m. In fact, for a Gen Z American teenager, they are below average in height. Joseph appears to have Latin origins with a gorgeous bronze skin colour, while Anthony is the typical white American teenager with light reddish brown hair and blue eyes. They met each other while walking on the way to the marina. They didn't know each other prior to this job but were getting along quite well as they are both first year students at the same university. is Not knowing what to expect, but given the relatively high pay, they both dressed up properly, with Joseph in a navy suit and black leather shoes and Anthony in a light grey suit and brown loafers. It's a midsummer day and very warm in San Francisco, both sweated heavily before they got to the yacht. The yacht has departed, and within a couple hours they seem to be reaching some sort of land mass. The teen has suddenly become uneasy, as they still have no idea what they have signed up for. Joseph then received a phone call on his mobile.

The director of Ultraman introduces himself and gives them a quick briefing on their job. The American teenagers simply cannot believe it, as they have watched Ultraman since they were young and would always dream of having a model city to trample about on. They are not only honoured to take a main part in one of the most famous TV shows in the world, but they also get to have a real-life city where the Japanese people can live and work inside as a full-on rampage playground, all the while being paid as a summer job.

As the yacht docked at the Port of Tokyo, the size differences were immediately apparent. The small 10m yacht the Americans took to get to Japan is as large as a 260m long, 71,000 tonne cruise ship with a capacity of 3000 guests parked next to it. As the port authority expected the gigantic teens, the nearby container yards were emptied. In the vast emptiness of the yard sit a dozen police cars, which are here to escort them to Ginza, where filming is set to take place. Since the similarity of sizes between the small American yacht and the 260-metre cruise ship is merely length and width-wise, the yacht is much taller and will be colliding with various bridges within the Port of Tokyo. Therefore, the American teens have to alight the yacht on the outermost ship berth near Haneda Airport. The only trouble is that the berth is 15 kilometres away from the heart of Tokyo, a 20-minute drive or 3 hours walk for a Japanese citizen. At full speed, the gigantic teens can walk the journey in 5 minutes, but due to the speed of the police escort, the teens have to slow down and follow the police cars to avoid potential dangers to their lives.

Anthony set his first foot on the container yard, just a few metres away from the police cars. The tiny policemen look up in awe as the loafer, larger than their police cars, lands with a slight quake and heavy impact sound. As Anthony used his foot to lift his entire body away from the yacht, the concrete ground cracked. A gust of wind was created as Anthony moved his other foot to land on the container yard. Seeing how dominant they are, both teenagers began to get a bit hard, and a bulge formed on their trousers. Joseph then does the same with the black leather shoes, landing dangerously on the police escort. The policeman steps back in fear of being stepped on. The smell of the leather and the sound of footfall completely filled the little Japanese's senses. Though it's not the first time the specialist giant escort unit has dealt with the situation, as whenever visitors from larger countries arrive, they are called to the scene to escort various sizes of giants around Japan. The officers find it scary but eye-opening every time. Citizens are always reassured by the officials that the giant would not cause any danger to life, and they urge the population to stay calm and get on with their lives. The difference this time is that the giant is about to enter deep inside Tokyo. Usually, giant visitors larger than 10m are not allowed, as the potential scale of damage is unknown.

Despite this, an order from above is only to be obeyed. The escort unit handed a giant earbud to the Americans for communications, then began the journey while broadcasting messages urging motorists to pull over to the side and pedestrians to seek shelter inside buildings for safety. Joseph and Anthony began to follow, stepping onto a Japanese public road for the first time. The softer asphalt sinks into potholes that resemble the giant teen's shoes. Within a few steps, the road the convoy went through is barely driveable, with a metre or two of deep potholes that some smaller cars have trouble driving through. This is unnoticed by the giant teens. Their footwear occupies two lanes each, and for the moment, they can avoid stepping on cars and pedestrians easily. The street lights and hanging traffic lights, on the other hand, are stepped on and flattened into the shoeprint without even being noticed by the Americans, who wrongly thought they were doing quite well and had not caused even a single damage. Inside the police cars, it is a scary sight. Looking at the rear view mirror, it looks like they are being chased down by Kaiju, with shoes so large that they could turn their car into a pancake without even trying. They also noticed the damages caused by the simple act of walking slowly by the giant Americans, but it's unavoidable and there's nothing the police can do about it.

Just a few steps later, the convoy had reached the first obstacle. A river that must be crossed to reach the centre of Tokyo. However, this river is quite wide at 160m. Even at the size of the giant teens, it cannot be crossed with one step. The police immediately stopped the giants, as the bridge has no hope to supporting the weight of the giants at 35,000t each. Other options have to be considered. 'Sir, do you mind walking inside the river to cross to the opposite side?' the officer in charge asked the teens. 'I don't want to ruin my suit they are my only set!' Joseph replies. 'yeah, my pair of shoes are genuine leather and quite expensive, I can barely afford that with savings from my last year's summer job!' Anthony added. Joseph then suggested that with a running jump he could make it across without damaging the bridge. The officer told the Americans that it is too risky and would do far too much damage if they both jump across. However, satisfied with how they have 'avoided damages' for the past few steps Joseph and Anthony insisted that the damages will be very limited. This has resulted in a heated debate and in the end Anthony just said, 'well, since we are bigger and stronger, we are always right. You can either tell the citizens to get out of the way or don't, but we are going to do it anyway, little man.'