- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:

This might or might not have just sorta happened as a joke from a musing between a couple friends of mine and I. And also because I shamelessly enjoy Isekai anime.

Takumi Iriko was as average as it got. That in itself was perhaps the most anyone could call to mind about him. He blended into the background, even among the circles he hung around it was hard to call to mind any defining traits about him. Not bad in a way that was notable, not good in a way that made him stand out. He had activities he took part in, clubs he had joined, but in all things he was just simply there really. 

 

It was something he was self aware of naturally. It was something he cultivated through his high school career. It was a lesson his father had taught him well. Keep your head down and fly under the radar. The path to success was not being in the forefront of everyone’s mind, it was operating below the surface. A carbon neutral existence was one that would result in the greatest chances of success. Inoffensive to anyone or anything. Given his father was a successful Systems Administrator for a wealthy company it had worked out for him. 

 

The dark haired high school senior made his way out of school as the day ended, his dark school uniform buttoned up and without a flaw in it. Well kept and maintained. He flicked some of his dark hair from his eyes and frowned. He’d need a haircut sometime soon. Bangs were getting down in his eyes a little bit. 

 

“Hey Takumi, have you finished that world history project yet?” 

 

Takumi’s dark eyes flicked to one of the two young men he was walking with. Akira was looking at him with a lifted brow. “Yeah, I finished it last night. Don’t tell me you haven’t started yet? The teacher is gonna kill you.” 

 

The other young man, a thin and tall young man with his hair schooled in a dark ponytail chuckled. “What do you expect from Aki? Probably too busy juggling his girlfriends. Ya know girls tend to like it if you can get a good paying job after school.” The man remarked. 

 

“Hey, true love goes beyond money!” The other man defended himself. 

 

“Yeah, true love, right. True lust maybe.” Takumi remarked with the slightest roll of his eyes. 

 

Akira gave him a faux wounded look as Ikari snickered. The pair stopped at a busy intersection as the sky was bathed orange in the dying sunlight of the day. He looked up at the sky and watched the colors splashing together like an elaborate painting. There were hints of a rose color in the hues of orange and gold, a brilliant vista to the eyes. He felt like he wanted to remark on it, to say something to draw appreciation to it. That wasn’t what an average person would say. They wouldn’t even think about the sky in that manner. So he kept his mouth shut. 

 

*”Come brave heroes, the world needs you! Hear my call and answer the prayers of the land!”*

 

“Hey you guys hear something?” Takumi asked his fellows. 

 

“Yeah, it's kinda faint…” Ikari mused. 

 

“Someone’s phone playing a video or something?” Akira asked as he checked his own phone for any audio. 

 

*”Come, heed my call and answer! Cross to the other side and shape destiny!”*

 

It was louder this time and now Takumi was aware of a rushing noise. It seemed like the world was spinning, like everything was turning into a confusing swirl of colors and sounds. He was aware that his friends were also letting out cries of alarm as they were caught up in whatever he was caught up in. The world was changing and warping one ways that shouldn’t have been possible and all around the words of the unseen person were getting louder and louder. 

 

Suddenly there was a bright blue flash of light and it felt like being stretched out and pulled through a space far too thin to fit through. Eventually he felt himself squeezed through whatever this space was, like his whole being was condensed and squished through. Everything was a confusing swirl of sounds and colors and he was aware that his friends were being pulled along with him. All three of them were sent spinning through across a vast distance seemingly without end. 

 

Then suddenly, everything stopped. All at once the sensations ended and Takumi let out a scream as he fell flat on his face on the ground. A grunt followed the scream as he felt both Akira and Ikara land atop him in succession. There were groans of discomfort and pain all around. 

 

“Ugh… what the hell was that…” Ikari groaned. 

 

“Feel like a jackhammer is pounding into my skull.” Akira moaned as both rolled off of Takumi. 

 

“Welcome brave… heroes?” 

 

The last voice there was like thunder. It was the same voice that had been calling out to them. The same voice that had echoed out across the cosmos and pulled them through an impossible space. Takumi shook his head to gather his wits. That had… certainly been unexpected. He looked around to get his bearings and then tried to source where the booming voice of their kidnapper was. At first he found his eyes still dealing with some flashing optical lights from the whole experience but then he managed to focus. And when he did his breath caught in his throat. 

 

Looming around him and his friends were three pairs of massive feet. One set was covered in metallic boots of fine and ornate materials. The second wore a pair of lovely strappy sandals, brown toes wriggling slightly in idly unconscious fidgets. And the last were completely bare and flawless, milky white skin looking to have been carved from marble really. Those were the ones nearest to him and the lifted back, one foot using red black painted nails to scratch at the heel of the other. The smallest toe of that foot dwarfed Takumi and his fellows. 

 

Looking up he could see the owner, a woman dressed in a rather lovely and loose black dress. It hung off her shoulders in a way that would be considered rather risque. Her dark hair was hanging loosely around her head. Looking up at the owner of the sandals was a dark skinned woman with pointed ears and short silver hair, hand on her hip as she looked down at the trio on the floor. The last was an armored woman, her blonde hair schooled into a ponytail and her stern blue eyes also fixed upon the floor. 

 

The blonde was the first to speak, letting out a sigh. “Kyra, look down.” She said. 

 

The pale dark haired woman looked down at the trio at her feet and smacked her forehead. “Oh. Wow. That, uh, didn’t go as planned.” She remarked. 

 

“Yeah, no kidding. What are they supposed to do? Punch the demon queen’s toe until she laughs herself to death? What the hell happened!?” The dark skinned elven woman demanded. 

 

“Hey hey! I’m sure it's just the spell was wrong or something Vera, I just need to retry it or something.” She said, holding her hands up to defend herself. 

 

As Takumi watched above and also listened to the booming voices talking over him, both Ikari and Akira recovered from their arrival and looked up. When they did they started freaking out naturally given the whole fact there were giants on all sides of them. Takumi for his part was still staring up in complete disbelief at the whole scene. Like he was expecting to wake up at any moment now. Despite his hopes for that it never happened. 

 

“Well what do we do with these ones, Elizabeth?” The elf waved her hand over their general area on the floor. They were standing in the middle of some kind of stone that had a large symbol carved in it. 

 

The armored knight known as Elizabeth looked down at the floor and set her hand on her hip. “Well, we can’t use them and can’t waste the magic to send them back so…” 

 

It happened so fast it was almost blinding. One minute Takumi was vaguely aware that Akira was trying to run away past the knight woman. The next her armored foot lifted up and smashed down with the force of a building collapsing. His face paled almost immediately as he watched it. Watched the blonde casually crush the other young man like it had been nothing. Her stern expression hadn’t changed one bit and Takumi felt that freeze the blood in his veins. Ikari started calling up. 

 

“H-hey! Wait! Please stop, don’t do this!” He waved his arms and was jumping up and down. 

 

The elf, Vera watched impassively as Elizabeth crushed one of the trio without an ounce of hesitation. She shrugged. “Hey, works for me.” 

 

“I mean… don’t you guys feel kinda bad for them?” Kyra asked her fellows. 

 

“Not really, I mean whatever right? Not like they are from around here anyway.” Vera shrugged as she lifted her foot up and rested it on its heel. 

 

The shadow of her sandal sole was looming and deep over Ikari as he ran toward Takumi. He had a look of just pure desperation on his face and Takumi for his part was just… completely frozen. He wasn’t able to believe this. Wasn’t able to comprehend what was happening right now. He watched the massive sandal clad foot of the elf woman looming up above his friend one moment, hovering in the air in an impossible manner before slowly coming down over him. 

 

Its shadow got deeper and deeper, swallowing Ikari up as he managed to let out one last long cry of terror before the full weight of her foot fell over his tiny form. Air was blasted out from the impact and ruffled Takumi’s clothes around him. He looked at the sandal as it pressed down, able to hear the cracks and crunches as she squashed his friend like he was some kind of bug. Which was all the ceremony he was afforded by the elf woman. 

 

“Well… I guess you are right. Oh well. Sorry lil’ guy! Messed up on the spell!” The dark haired woman apologized with a little smile as she lifted her own foot up and its shadow fell over Takumi. 

 

He fell over onto his back, pretty much fully in shock at the ease in which these people crushed his friends. The ease in which the black haired woman accepted crushing him. He had no idea where he was or why they had been torn away from their normal school life. What the purpose was behind all this. All he knew when he looked up was that flawless pale bare sole that loomed on high. The foot that would be his end. 

 

It was a pale and creamy expanse of flesh that looked like it was carved from ivory. Her toes curled slightly, creating slight wrinkles upon the flawless sole. The deep shadow that had fallen over him was unending. It was all consuming. This was his end. He could see it and he knew it. He had no idea why it had come for him and his friends but he knew without a shadow of a doubt that he was going to die if he didn’t move. But he couldn’t move. He was paralyzed, staring up in shock and fear. 

 

Her foot started to descend, coming closer and closer. The shadows got deeper and swallowed up Takumi. He felt when her skin made contact with him. It was soft, doughy, yielding. Yet it was so much. So vast and so unending. And the weight that was slowly being added just built up. First it was a push. Then a press. Then a firm press upon his body. It was building and building and soon enough there was pain as he let out muffled screams against the soft foot pressing upon him. Of course it didn’t end until…

 

*CRUNCH* 

 

Kyra felt a pop beneath her bare foot and idly stretched her leg back, inspecting the little stain left behind by the tiny figure that had been summoned. “Huh. Fragile. I barely had to press down.” She mused. 

 

“Yeah, no chance those twerps were gonna be anything but paste. Anyway, get your ass over to that tome and find the correct spell. Maybe next time we can get someone at least knee height.” Vera rolled her eyes. 

 

Elizabeth shook her head. “Preferably someone bigger than that, but you set the bar pretty low there Kyra.” She remarked with a sigh. 

 

Kyra stomped a foot and had a pout on her face. “Hey! They were probably from like a tiny world or something! Yeah, that was totally it! Just gotta find a normal people sized place.” She grumbled as she walked off to study her books. All that remained of the three failed summoned students was a trio of bloodstains on the stone floor and on the feet of their killers, to fade away over the course of the day or be wiped away without thought later.