- Text Size +

Chapter 15: Earth

 

Till recently Aoi could only absorb radiation internally. It was a limitation that had her swallowing reactors and minding her eating manners to not spill a nuclear disaster across the cities she visited. Such a thing would be a waste of potential.


That changed with her newest form.

 

Just before the first bomb landed, they massive being softened her flesh. With the pair’s level of cell flexibility, such a thing was a breeze. A mere thought, and Aoi and Yoshimi reduced themselves to a slimy shape. Flattening themselves across the width of the United Kingdom, they maximized the surface area of their being to fully take in all the world-ending energy the global leaders were so kind to throw at them.

Of course, spreading their cells across hundreds of miles terrain also let them lap up whatever matter settled there. Cities and forests were washed up in their tide under the cover of blinding nuclear light. At this point in their evolved physiology, even inorganic matter had its uses.

 

Satellites picked up the slimes movement. It warbled, spreading all the way to the edge of the UK’s Eastern and Western coasts. From there, it crept north and south as well. Even the land ravaged by Aoi’s miasma, barren of life, added to their form.

 

Not a single soul on Earth knew what to make of this, and it all happened so fast. The entire landmass morphed as Aoi and Yoshimi sunk inwards, growing all the while. Dirt, rock, ore: all converted to more of their cells as they suckled on the heat of the planet.

 

Rumbles rattled the planet all over. Within the crust, the two lovers sent their cellular slime forms deeper, spreading roots much as they did before. Major cities all over crumbled from the cracks as Aoi and Yoshimi got themselves cozy and prepared for their greatest evolution yet.

 

Geysers of slime burst free. Miles in diameter, they cracked opened mountains, emerged from city centers, and burst through highways across nations. The droplets rained over the globe, entrapping whatever or whoever they touched in its dissolving embrace.

 

The skyward-facing torrents themselves soon hardened to a gelatin consistency. Like the trees of a rainforest, these organic pillars spread their canopy far and wide. Soon the entire planet was in their shadow as each such structure connected their tops.

 

The entire planet was begin coated in this membrane. From this new, warbling sky came tentacles of slime launching down back at the earth. Darkness covered the remnants of humanity. Helpless, they sunk into the growing pools of slime to be torn apart on the molecular level and consumed. The land, the sky: it was all those two. The two lovers had turned the earth into one great big snack.

 

They evolved fast. They had the energy of the world at their disposal: the very mass of it down to its last atom. They used their psionic might to make their own H-bombs. All the residual nuclear elements of the world were mashed together in one great big lump at their center. Then, the mass was split by the transcendental minds of two ex-college students.

 

The energy erupted within their amorphous state, not even escaping the surface of their planet-cellmass construct. It fueled them as they surpassed the last bounds to a pinnacle existence. DNA itself was a limit no more. Double helix became triple then quadruple to the point where it didn’t even make sense to have a physical form save for fun.

 

Though no human was alive to watch, the satellites picked their emergence up on camera. The Earth was devoured, and in its place was a great big light-green sphere. It warbled and shifted, colors spreading across its shifting surface with more force than any quake mankind ever conceived. Light green and light blue, each color danced with each other, taking up exactly half the mass before splitting apart as radiant light-forms.

 

The forms took shape, each half a planet in size. Two females: the light-blue one Aoi, the light-green one Yoshimi. Their new naked bodies were just as their old human ones had been, sans their newfound glows. Their bodies shined their colors; their hair too, which shined brighter and lighter now. Their eyes, however, glowed with the color of the other. Aoi’s were green, and Yoshimi’s were blue.

 

Earth was gone, and the two lovers were to blame. These same two beings flew into each other and embraced. Their first act as godly beings was a hug.