- Text Size +

Chapter 18: Apex

 

The quasar in question was at the center of a now dead galaxy far away from where they had their sex session. It was roughly the size of a bathtub to them, meaning they shrunk exponentially smaller, yet still towered over any other life-form in the universe.

 

Sitting side by side on an invisible bench, they dipped their feet into the glimmering glob. The quasar emitted heat in the trillions of degrees, so it made for a nice, warm fluid which soothed their skin.

 

Yoshimi rested her head on Aoi’s. Aoi reached around Yoshimi’s shoulder to play with her hair idly.

 

“That was certainly fun.” said Aoi, breaking the silence.

 

Yoshimi lifted her foot out of the quasar, watching plasma droplets float off it with a single wiggle.

 

“Agreed, and that was just confining ourselves to this universe.” said Yoshimi.

“The possibilities are endless.” said Aoi.

“We should move on.” said Yoshimi.

 

“Agreed.”

 

“But wait, one thing has me curious.”

“What do you mean?”

 

“The meteorite, the thing that started all this.”

 

“You can see into the past as well as I can Yoshimi, you didn’t look?”

“No, I didn’t want to pry.”

 

Aoi chuckled.

 

“Neither did I.”

 

“Well let’s look together, see if your hunch was right.”

 

Time to them was a but a line, one they could trail all the way back to the formation of the universe. Aoi and Yoshimi learnt the full history of that gift which started all this.

 

“As I expected” said Aoi. “Just a payload of genetic material, an evolutionary catalyst from some long-dead ancient being that didn’t get nearly as far as I did.”

 

“Interesting that it formed by chance though. Who would have thought?” said Yoshimi.

 

“It makes sense. The universe is vast... well comparatively. We know the truth.”

 

“How small it really is?” said Yoshimi.

 

“Compared to us: exactly.”

 

Aoi kissed Yoshimi, a few seconds later the green divine mind-spoke again.

 

“Do you think we should pass on the favor to some lucky being? That meteorite did get you here?”

 

“You mean send a ‘meteor’ of our own?” Aoi thought for just a moment. “No, if others got to our level, who knows how’d they behave. Plus, it can be our special thing. Omnipotence, just the two of us~”

 

The pair giggled, smooching at each others lips again. With just a thought, the two closed the doors to evolution they went through to reach this zenith of existence they now claimed.

 

Yoshimi squeaked out a curt little grunt. “Mmmf, let’s get to higher dimensions already. It’s getting limiting to feel you with mere hands, even when they can end galactic empires.”

 

Aoi grinned. “Sure, but I suppose we can give one gift to the universe, in exchange for its hospitality, so to speak.”

“Oh, and what’s that?”

 

“Let’s just leave the rest of it alone.”

 

Yoshimi giggled. “I mean, we did already destroy so much of it enjoying each other. I suppose that’s fair.”

 

One more kiss and they were off to a higher reality, one of their own design. No longer condescending to the level of a 4D universe, the lovers were able to experience pleasures and creativity and power ineffable and unthinkable.

 

The two of them made love in forms best described as ‘light itself’. They created universes--entire multiverses, even--to entertain themselves with. Entire realities were created and filled with beings advanced enough to make the Gevvids look like bacteria. Then, those realities and all within were toyed with and destroyed for their pleasures.

 

They bathed in the very concept of eroticism and used their infinitely complex minds to push at the unending bounds of bliss with one another.

 

Yet, through all of it, they never destroyed the universe they came from. Sequestered in a protective bubble within their super-space, it never fully recovered from their presence, but it did manage to continue on.

 

The pair’s long journey had born the ultimate fruit. Thus, Aoi and Yoshimi enjoyed each other for all eternities in ways only they could fathom.

 

Fin