- Text Size +

Chapter 14: Nuke

 

“How?” asked Yoshimi. Her soft sweet voice echoing in Aoi’s mind as usual.

 

By now, Aoi started moving to the Northwest following the River Seine--since ravaged and clogged by debris and slime. Hills and forests yielded to her titanic steps. The mightiest of nature’s formations now but stepping stones and stimuli to the colossal being.

 

The four-armed, four-eyed body inspired shock and awe in the minds of all who saw it on the move. Worldwide everyone tuned in to the satellite footage and other high-altitude cameras. That was the only way to get her body into perspective. Seeing it in person, especially up close, yielded just a snapshot of the viridian immensity.

 

Aoi grinned. Mental conversations, like any other, could prompt a facial expression or two.

 

“We need something more radioactive than a plant. I could gulp down every last reactor on Earth and it wouldn’t be enough radioactive energy. They are designed to provide electricity for humans. They are stable.”

 

“Limited.” chimed Yoshimi.

 

“Nuclear weapons however...”

 

“You want to get nuked Aoi?”

“Exactly.”

 

“But they know we’ve been seeking power plants. You’re on camera scarfing down reactors like cupcakes. They’d never do it.”

 

“Oh they would Yoshimi. They just need to be desperate. When people are desperate, they get foolish. Even the leaders of the world are no exception.”

 

The two paused to savor a suburb that exploded under the arch of Aoi’s right foot, then continued.

 

“So, just like those silly monster movies we watched, we’ll...”

 

“Rampage. Really let loose. If they refuse to strike us with all they have, we’ll just destroy the planet.” said Aoi.

 

“They could do nothing though. They could let themselves be destroyed to stop us from evolving again.”

 

“They won’t, trust me. They’re too simple for that. Too self-oriented. I’m sure plenty have been dying to try their ultimate weapons out thus far, if only to see what'd happen. If there’s the slightest hope of success, they’ll do anything with enough pressure. Plus, with my might, your mind, and our combined creativity...”

“We can really stoke their fears.” finished Yoshimi.

 

The four eyes gazed down at a coastal city by their toes: Le Havre. Like everywhere else in France, the people there were hunkered down awaiting their doom. They rested on the south side of the English Channel, and from here the evolved beings could see bits of the United Kingdom.

 

“If you’d be so kind as do the honors Yoshimi.”

“Of course my love~”

 

The city and miles of land beneath soared into the air, uplifted by telekinetic force. Yoshimi shared her mental mirth with the citizens of the ‘floating island’ she made. Her giggle rocked their minds. The city-earth-chunk came to rest just before Aoi’s breasts: almost 6 miles up in the air.

 

Air was thin, but they clung to life still. Against their will, even, as Yoshimi’s mind tugged at the atmosphere below, whipping it upwards in a fierce gale to ensure everyone this high had enough oxygen to breathe, listen, and suffer.

 

Aoi sent a message to every mind in France. At least, she thought she did. Rather than individually seek anyone out, she just sent a mental communication strong enough to invade the thoughts of anyone in few hundred miles radius. Some people in the UK probably picked it up too. Even better, she thought.

 

“It’s been awhile since I’ve seen a single fighter jet. There’s no great airships, no millions strong army. Have you humans given up? I can’t blame you, I truly am unstoppable. A god walking among you filthy little things. Yet, surely you expect better of your leaders?”

 

Four eyes gazed down at screaming, panicked mobs in Le Havre. Aoi licked her lips, a single droplet of spittle falling from her tongue to suffocate a city block in its corrosive cloying bulk. That entire chunk of land sizzled off the ‘island’ and fell miles to the torn ground below.

 

“You can’t imagine how appetizing you look from up here. Delicious little specks running across nutrient rich earth. It’s so difficult to resist stuffing you into my mouth like a coffee cake. Sweet savory earth~”

 

She chuckled, then reached under her ‘modest’ tits. Each one nearly half-a-mile high and a bit less wide.

 

“That’d be too dignified a death at the moment~”

 

Aoi spread her bust to have one tit on either side of the city chunk. The settlement was too big to be fully enveloped, but at least a 10th of it was sandwiched on either side by towering viridian breast-flesh.

 

She mashed them together and coo’d.

 

“Ah, so satisfying. Yoshimi if you’d please~”

 

“Of course~”

 

Their conversation was shared with all in range to receive it. Yoshimi drew the levitating landmass closer to Aoi’s body. Enough clump of cityscape in range and-

 

Smash, it was rubble between two titanic tits.

“Again~”

 

Yoshimi obliged. Another mashing, then again, and again. Earth-rattling coo’s rang out across France and the UK up North. Governments and military world-wide took note. Most everyone’s eyes were on this if they could be. Sickening as it was, it was too intense to look away. It was darkness one moment then a crushing death the next for the city’s residents. They were helpless. They couldn’t run away fast enough to other edge of the levitating landmass. Even if they could, the edge was a dead end. Anyone trying to jump bumped into an invisible force-field of Yoshimi’s design.

 

There was only a tiny chunk of city left. Just one block’s worth. Several thousand survivors crowded therein. A sultry laugh rumbled in Aoi’s throat. She moved her finger beneath it and shoved that last bit of civilization into her dark viridian nipple.

 

The last bit of Le Havre crumbled against that more sensual blue-green flesh. All the stimulation had the nub rather rigid by then, so it easily pierced through the underlying crust to emerge from the city floor. The nipple burst through the streets and buildings with enough force to shatter anything it ran into: people included.

Aoi slapped the remains into her areolae. She twisted her hand, smearing the very last chunk of city into the wrinkles of her palm and against the hypersensitive, dark blue-green flesh.

 

The resulting coo rumbled the earth for miles.

 

“Fun isn’t it Yoshimi.”

 

“Indeed, but it’s just toying around.”

“Let me show you all how fast we can destroy a nation~”

 

Aoi turned on her heels to face the rest of France. Already ravaged by her previous actions, it was a bruised and beaten landscape littered with her foot prints. But it was big, bigger than her at hundreds of miles. Not beyond her grasp though, nor Yoshimi’s.

 

“I hope you’re watching, world.” thundered Aoi, using her actual voice now.

 

The feminine force’s four arms clenched and flex as the full unbridled might of two psionic minds let loose. Reaching deep into the crust of the country, a telekinetic force rumbled through the landscape. Their minds saw farther than their eyesight, and from north to south, Aoi and Yoshimi tore the country apart.

 

A great fissure formed in the country. Their arms gripped and spread: the gesture reflected their psionic powers ripping the nation, to the depth of miles, apart like a phone book. Chunks of terrain flew into the air against such indomitable force. Veins on Aoi’s head throbbed. For the first time, her and Yoshimi actually expended a bit of effort. They had to: it was the ultimate display of power. It needed to intimidate the world.

 

The Earth did not appreciate this assault. It wasn’t prepared, and the record-breaking earthquakes that rippled through the entire nation leveled whatever their combined mental assault didn’t on its own. An entire nation was more or less dead.

 

Aoi grinned, erupting into a ferocious laugh.

 

“We’re just getting started. The world is next. Don’t you have some secret weapon? Some modicum of human ingenuity to even make me flinch? I hope you aren’t so useless...”

 

Aoi turned around and stepped into the English Channel. Her mile long foot capsized the blockade the UK had formed. The water didn’t even submerge her toes, but her immense weight sent waves crashing into the coastal settlements nearby.

 

A few more steps and she set the ball of her foot down upon Brighton, snuffing it out of existence.

 

With London soon in sight, Aoi opened her mouth wide and her body glowed brightly. The four-eyed, four-armed angel of death launched a blast of ionizing death across England’s Capital. The entire center area was immolated. People’s flesh burst in moments faced with such unrelenting, otherworldly heat. The torrid air from the impact carried with it an intense radioactivity. Aoi had stored up some of that energy from earlier. The heat and radiation plagued the city with nausea and malaise that broke spirits as well as bodies.

 

She placed one foot upon a more pristine chunk of it, then kept moving as though it wasn’t worth more attention. Indeed, one could suppose it wasn’t.

 

“Still no nukes.” lamented Yoshimi, chatting privately now.

 

“Soon. I bet they are squirming in their conference rooms this very moment. If not, they will be.”

 

Aoi walked the country side, leveling it in her steps. Her flesh quivered as she whipped up something special for this new territory: something truly horrific. A deep red mist wafted from her flesh. She left a trail of it as she walked. It came out of every pore from her shoulders down to the sides of her feet.

 

It was her most pernicious bioweapon yet: an aerosolized mixture of the most corrosive substance she could devise. Like in Vanille, it was a mix mainly of two immiscible components: one highly acidic, the other extremely caustic. The pHs of each hugged either end of the scale, yet worked in tandem to pervade everything they could.

 

Lightweight, it was easily picked up in the breezes Yoshimi stirred with her mind. Town’s breathed sighs of relief when Aoi’s foot just missed them, only to melt within the fog of death left behind. Trees withered. Houses decayed. The very grass around Aoi turned to sizzling mush, then dust. It was impossible for life to survive more than a few moments of contact with the deadly mist.

 

Another telekinetic taunt from Aoi, reaching as far as she could with her mind.

 

“Are you really gonna just let me rot your planet to nothing humans? Do you think I’ll stop here? You will all fall. This entire planet is ours!”

 

As predicted, every nation’s military and government were at each other’s throats. The happenings at France suggested radiation would only make things worse, but at her current pace she’d kill everyone and everything. How could things be worse than that? They haven’t given it their all yet. Could they really go down like that, without even trying all options?

 

The pair saw them on the horizon, just before reaching Nottingham to the North. Nuclear warheads, attached to supersonic missiles heading their way. The United Kingdom was the first to launch them. Intercontinental missiles were on the way from nearby European states. The USA was even sending a few.

 

Aoi grinned as they exploded into her. A wash of raw, unadulterated energy. Every payload carried countless sieverts of radiation: more than enough to cause any human to drop dead on the spot. The militaries sent their absolute best. The latest H-bombs they had on hand were launched all at once.

 

Even as peace fell over the world towards the end of the 21st century, everyone was still building up their arsenals just in case. What hit that towering titaness were the fruits of mankind's most destructive labors.

 

There was a great flash of white. Her entire body was engulfed by the enormous hemispheres of light. One after another they hit her with explosions of heat 50 times hotter than the sun. The force was intense, the radiation immense. The United Kingdom would never be the same, even if they made it out of this. The entire planet would be irredeemably scared by the collective actions of humanity’s leaders.

 

Every president and dictator and chancellor and general watched with baited breath as the great mushroom clouds finally dispersed. What they saw sparked something new: a somber, solemn bit of hope. The titanic being was gone. The only thing left, spread across miles, was mint-beige goop.

 

Sighs went out. Hugs. Speeches were reviewed as leaders prepared to address a shaken world with messages about a bright future. They thought they had won. Victory at last!

 

How wrong they were.