- Text Size +

I lay awake in the early morning hours, the only sound I could hear the gentle breathing of my wife Allie sleeping next to me. She was curled up on her right side facing me, and her lips twitched slightly into a smile as if she were in the middle of a pleasant dream. She looked so peaceful and beautiful that it made my heart ache. After checking that my wrist-mounted shrinking device had enough power, I turned the dial to my desired size, pressed the button, and shrunk down to two inches tall. Being one of the most successful beta testers for size-changing technology at my company had its advantages, as by now my body had been exposed to shrinking so many times that it had become quite acclimated to the process. Once I reached my reduced size, I barely made an indent in the mattress as I walked towards my sleeping wife’s face.

I stopped for a second to pause and appreciate the breathtaking sight before me. Allie’s long, curly, strawberry-blonde hair framed her high cheekbones and delicate chin as she slept. I followed the slope of her gently rounded nose, spotting my ultimate destination rising and falling gently with each of her breaths: my wife’s nose stud. Even in our dimly-lit bedroom, the circular silver stud shone faintly with each inhale as it caught a small ray of sunlight creeping over my wife’s face. 

I scrambled up our soft down comforter and continued my trek onto her pillow. From this angle the majority of my view was dominated by the underside of Allie’s jaw, though I could catch the smallest glimpse of the tip of her nose a few yards ahead of me. As I rounded the curve of her chin and approached her face proper, I activated the dial on my wrist and shrunk down even more. While at two inches my head was even with the tip of her nose as she lay on her right side, I was in the mood to be much, much smaller. Almost instantaneously, I made myself the size of a grain of sand.

As I continued my journey along my spouse’s pillow, I delighted in the view my new perspective afforded me. Since the right side of Allie’s face was buried in her pillow, the middle of her thin, elegant lips was almost even with me. As I got nearer, I could see the tips of her white teeth rising like the walls of a castle behind the rosy rolling hills of her partly open lips. I found myself unable to resist touching those lips that I so loved to kiss, and I soon found myself climbing up my unaware wife’s lower lip. It was so soft that even at my diminutive size my feet sank slightly into the pillow-like flesh.

My journey became undeniably harder the closer I got to Allie’s mouth. Directly to my left, the two dark tunnels of my wife’s nostrils flared rhythmically with each breath she took. At this size, her soft breathing still caused warm winds that whipped around me and blew my hair into my face. I shivered despite the warmth, reminded that even my wife’s smallest movements were awe-inspiring and potentially deadly at my current size.

         After one particularly forceful exhalation, I was blown back enough that I scrambled to catch myself with my hands. Now on all fours, I felt like I was bowing at the foot of a goddess, and I could not resist the urge to give my wife a kiss on the lips. I buried my face into the spongy flesh, losing myself for at least a minute in its softness. Time seemed to stand still, until a low, feminine rumble from below snapped me out of my trance. It was as if my wife had felt my kiss and desired to hurry me along, but I knew that that was impossible given the current size difference between us.

A few seconds later, however, my spouse’s lips began parting more and more, gradually gaining speed. The movement of her upper and lower jaw muscles engaging below me felt like an earthquake, and I scrambled to straddle her lips in a bearhug as my hair was blown towards her mouth and I could feel a massive, irresistible intake of breath.

         My wife yawned widely, making no attempt to cover her mouth or otherwise restrain herself in her sleepy state. Over a football field directly ahead of me, I could see the broad roof of her mouth framed by the white grinding surfaces of her upper teeth. At the widest point of her yawn, I made the mistake of looking deep down into Allie’s cavernous mouth. The wide tongue wagged for a few moments before flattening down, fully exposing the tunnel of her throat and the uvula swinging above. I even saw one strand of saliva that was thicker than I was tall vibrate in the wet, warm darkness of her maw.

For several seconds that lasted what seemed to be an eternity, a part of me feared I’d be sucked down her gullet by the gale force winds caused by her sudden inhalation. Then, as quickly as it had opened, my wife’s mouth closed again. I was in the middle of catching my own breath when I was pulled directly upwards as one corner of her mouth rose to form a smirk. My world trembled yet again as her lips moved to form words: “Mmhmm… Good morning, stud.” My wife was speaking in what she must have thought was a husky whisper, but to me her voice was feminine thunder. A combination of mint toothpaste and morning breath washed over me with every syllable.

“Good morning, my love,” I chirped. “Sorry I woke you up!”

“You better be sorry. I was having the nicest dream about laying on a warm beach with you swimming in my strawberry daiquiri… Don’t worry too much though, my alarm was about to ring soon anyways. I have that big presentation today, remember?”

“Of course I remember,” I said quickly. “That’s why I wanted to climb aboard your nose stud while you slept! I wanted to surprise you so that you would take me to work with you, and I could be your moral support!” Then after a pause, I added, “Uh, do we have enough time for me to make it all the way to your nose?”

“Hmm,” Allie considered. “Yes, I think so. But you better get a move on. Chop, chop and all that. I’ll need a big breakfast today, and I don’t think you’d want to still be on my lips when I eat my oatmeal and bagel with cream cheese.”

Truth be told, that actually sounded delightful, but I knew my wife would soon be in a rush to get out the door. If I was going to end up in her food and be toyed with, I wanted both of us to take the time to enjoy the experience. My team and I had only recently found a way to lace the experimental shrinking serum we were testing with a second solution that would render one highly resistant to physical injury, so my wife and I were eager to explore the possibilities together. Alas, for now, that would have to wait.

         “Well, let’s not push it,” I said. “Maybe you could give me a lift please?”

         Allie smirked again, her lips pulling me upwards with the normally dainty movement. Then, she removed her immense battleship-sized left hand from beneath the covers and gingerly touched her lips with fingertips the size of redwoods. I clambered onto her index finger’s nail, momentarily humbled by how her nail’s thickness was almost as long as I was tall. “All set!” I yelled once I was safely aboard her fingernail. Even though by this point my wife had practiced handling me shrunken several times and she was moving as carefully as possible, I still felt a bit queasy as she lifted me up and then deposited me in the valley created by the slope of her nose and its left wing. I had to watch my footing so as to not tumble down the incline of her nose or get stuck in oily residue, but eventually I made my way further along the top of my wife’s left nostril.

After a few minutes, I reached my wife’s nose stud. At my current size, the “small” piece of jewelry was the size of a modest apartment. I walked around its “polished” surface, marveling at the jagged imperfections in the metal that were only noticeable at my tiny size. Once I found and opened the entrance hatch, I waited for the space in between my wife’s exhale and inhale before climbing aboard. The inside of the nose stud was a marvel of engineering, as the inner chamber was on a gyroscopic assembly that made the “floor” remain level with the actual ground regardless of my wife’s position. Exhausted from my trip, I reached into the mini-fridge, poured myself a glass of orange juice, and plopped down on the couch that I sometimes used as a bed. I then looked out of the windows of my “apartment,” which from the outside of the stud appeared to be simply rhinestones. The view quickly changed from our bedroom roof to a bedside lamp, and I was thankful for the shock absorbers installed in the nose stud as my wife got out of bed and planted her two feet on the floor with two hefty booms.

“Ready for breakfast, my intrepid explorer?” rumbled my giant wife.  

 

“You bet!” I replied into the stud’s communications array, which was connected to an earpiece my wife wore. Then, chomping on a juicy red apple I had grabbed from the counter, I began thinking of ways I could support my wife through her presentation as a passenger on her nose stud.

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading!