- Text Size +

Ned was waiting at Matt’s locker. In the distance he could see a girl pinning a boy to the wall with her mouth, passionately kissing him. He sighed, looking away.

“Talk about a public display,” Matt said as he arrived, “What are you doing at my locker?”

“I uh…” Ned pondered, “It’s the first day of classes. I saw you were in my class, I thought you needed someone to show you around.” Matt nodded, understanding.

“Well thank you,” he said, “I’ll need it.” They started walking towards their classroom.
“What are those you wearing?” Ned commented, pointing at Matt’s shoes.

“Oh these?” Matt said, “Roller blades. It’s pretty neat actually, you press a button to make the wheels come out and retract.”
“Why do you have…roller blades?”

“I ordered them yesterday. This school is designed for creatures much bigger, therefore much more efficient in travel than us. These are what I will use to adapt. I won’t be as fast as the giantesses, but it will make do.”
“You’re really thinking things through, aren’t you?”

“Of course. Thinking is the only thing that grants one full power. Maybe you should invest in a pair?”

“Oh no man, I can’t roller blade for shit,” Ned said as they arrived at the classroom. The two of them entered through the door their size. The classroom was already full of boys and girls. Matt and Ned had to walk up a couple stairs to reach the elevated platform where the rest of the boys were seated. Ned sat on Matt’s right. The boy who was sitting to his left was drenched in some sort of liquid.

“I’m guessing this is common,” Matt said to Ned, “People being covered in saliva and all.”
“Worse than saliva,” Ned responded, “Or better, depends on how you see it.”

“Right, you are one of those who would enjoy being mistreated.”

“Hey,” Ned changed the subject, “What were you saying about power and thinking earlier?” Before Matt could respond, the giant sized door opened, and in walked the teacher. She was, like all the women in this city, giant. She seemed to be a young woman in her thirties with blonde hair and a relaxed expression.

“Good morning everybody,” she said, and everyone in the room became quiet.

“My name is Ms. Lopez, and I’m gonna be your teacher. I’m going to start by giving you some ground rules. You might’ve heard this last year but it’s required by the system so…let’s get going.” Mrs. Lopez grabbed marker.

“Rule number one: be careful at all times. This goes especially to the girls. It is really easy for women like us to kill the much smaller men, so it is really important that we do be cautious. Any lives lost will send you straight to prison, no ifs or buts. Any permanent damage will also get you in a lot of trouble.”

“Last year some dude got paralyzed during sex,” Ned whispered over to Matt, “The girl said it was an accident but got sent to jail anyways.”

“Rule number two:” Mrs. Lopez continued, “No kidnapping of others for over 24 hours. Once again, no ifs or buts. Rule number three: don’t piss off people that are stronger than you. I guess this was put in here to be advice rather than a rule. Whoever wrote this doesn’t know how to stick to the subject.”

While Matt made his way through his school day, Ned kept following him. Matt did not mind, since no one seemed to pay attention to him when Ned was around, especially the giant girls. This was especially advantageous in the cafeteria.

“Mr. Hoffman,” Matt said as the two of them sat down for dinner, a time when people of all grades can use the cafeteria, “You seem to be very knowledgable about the social structure in Chestnut.”

“I like to observe I guess,” Ned responded, “Why?”
“There’s something I wanted to ask you,” Matt said, pointing at a direction behind himself. Ned looked to see Josh laughing with his friends.

“You want to know about the Meat Cleaver?” Ned asked.

“Yes. It seems like he is the man in power, at least within the male community.”

“His name is Josh Cleaves. He’s the captain of the boys football team.”
“You know, besides the whole giant girls business, this school seems to be pretty cliche.”

“He’s also a massive dick. He demands a lot of things and gets what he wants. Lunch money, homework answers, you name it.”

“Truly a cliche. So if he is such a nuisance, why doesn’t everybody team up and go against him?”
“Well, for one, his entire football team is always sucking his dick. Don’t wanna mess with that. The other reason is…well…”
“There’s another reason?” Matt questioned, “Does this have something to do with the Queen?” Ned’s eyes widened, and he leaned in and whispered, “How do you know that?”
“Josh Cleaves threatened me with her name,” Matt responded in a normal volume, “Why are you whispering?”

“There’s a lot of things going on in this school, but if there’s one thing you need to know, it’s to not get involved with the Queen as much as possible.”

“And why is that?”

“Because she…” Ned suddenly stopped and his eyes widened.

“Because she what?” Matt asked.

“She’s here,” Ned whispered. Matt turned around to see what Ned was looking at. In the distance there was a large group of giant girls, all following a red head giantess. She had an extremely curvaceous figure, and was a little taller than most of the girls. This meant she was the biggest person in the room, perhaps in the whole school. Every boy in the room seemed to be at least a little intimidated by her, if not absolutely frightened.

“Stop looking at her!” Ned whispered anxiously, “You don’t want her attention!” Matt turned back around.

“So,” he said, “That redhead lady is the Queen I’m assuming?”

“I’ll tell you more about her,” Ned replied, “Just…not here. Let’s go somewhere else.”