- Text Size +

As Matt walked towards the cafeteria, he witnessed several things. A girl was pinning a squirming boy against the wall. Another girl was staring down at a frightened male teacher, who was trying his best to sincerely apologize for whatever the girl was upset about. Some boys stayed clear of every girl that stomped by, not wanting to deal with the giants. Matt also tried to stay clear without seeming too obvious about it. He did not want to attract the attention of anyone, especially a giant girl. Josh Cleaves had already soured his mood.

It was a long walk to the cafeteria. For a giant girl, it was only a five minute stroll from the dorm area, which was not the case for the boys. It took them around four or five steps to cover the distance of one giant girl’s step. This meant the walk from the dorms to the cafeteria took around twenty minutes. When Matt finally arrived, he took a big sigh. There were two separate doors to the cafeteria, much like most areas of the school. One was regular sized and used by boys, while the other was a hulking building sized door used by the girls. Inside the cafeteria was an absolute mess. There were small boys and giant girls all over the place, and it was a wonder how nobody got stepped on by accident. Of course, there were girls that stepped on boys on purpose, but not hard enough that it would kill them. There were designated tables of both sizes, and most tended to sit at the table of their own size, besides a few exceptions. A girl was looming over a table of a group of boys, who all looked a little intimidated.

“This is for not giving me the answers,” the girl said, spitting at one of the boys. The spitball was big enough the drench the entire boy and his lunch. Another boy was standing on one of the girls’ tables, surrounded by a group of giant girls.

“So,” one of the girls giggled, poking the boy, “Are you excited to join us for lunch today?”
“Please,” the boy said nervously, shaking from fear, “Don’t hurt me. I haven’t done anything.”

“Aww,” another girl laughed, “He’s begging for mercy. Let’s make him beg more.” Matt luckily found a boys’ seat where no one was sitting. He sat down and sighed, hoping no one would notice or bother him. He took out his phone to mind his own business. Three seconds later, someone came to sit across from him.

“Hey,” the person said, making himself comfortable. Doing his best to not show disgust on his face, Matt put his phone away and looked at the person. It was a boy his age, with orange hair and freckles on his glassed face.

“Hi,” Matt responded with a smile.

“I’ve never seen you around here,” the person said, with a voice that had a slightly slimy undertone in it.

“That is because I am new here,” Matt nodded.

“Well, welcome to Chestnut, I’m Ned.” Ned enthusiastically shot his hand out. Matt hesitantly shook it.

“Pleasure to meet you,” Matt nodded, “My name is Matt Dexter.”

“Huh, that’s a cool name,” Ned responded, “So how do you like it in Chestnut?”
“Well I just came here. I haven’t been here long enough to form a solid opinion.”
“Ah, I see.” An uncomfortable silence followed. Matt nodded to himself before speaking again.

“One thing I did notice,” he said, “Is the difference of power between the males and females at this school.”

“Are you kidding me?” Ned exclaimed, “Those girls are like fifty thousand freaking times bigger than us, of course there’s a power difference.”
“Interesting,” Matt nodded, “What actually happens here? What does the size and power difference mean for everyone here?”
“What happens here? Look over there.” Ned pointed to Matt’s left. In the distance, Matt could see an interaction between a boy and a giant girl. He could not make out what they were saying, but he could definitely see what they were doing, or rather, what she was doing to him. The girl picked the boy off the ground with only her thumb and index finger. He squirmed around, most likely screaming, unable to escape. She then put him inside his mouth.

“Did she just eat him?” Matt questioned.

“Don’t worry, she’s not allowed to swallow,” Ned explained, “That’s the thing. They can’t kill us but they can do whatever they want with us otherwise.”

“Yes I read about the laws they have in this city. They’re also only allowed to hold a man captive for 24 hours?”

“Weird rule isn’t it? I guess things would get real complicated if men started suing women for picking them up, calling it a one minute kidnapping.”
“Interesting insight. Tell me Mr…what’s your last name?”

“Hoffman,” Ned said, “But you can call me Ned.”
“That’s alright,” Matt responded, “Mr. Hoffman, what is it like to live in a society where there is such a power difference between your group and the other?”
“Well I guess it’s different for everyone. Some guys just wanna be left alone. Others kind of secretly like it.”

“Wait excuse me, people like being picked up and eaten against their free will?”
“Hey, some of these girls are hot man. It’s not all bad news that they have all the power.”
“Interesting. And you Mr. Hoffman, are you someone that enjoys it?”
“Pfft, how would I know. They don’t really mess with me that much.” He looked a little sad when he said this.

“So I’m assuming you would like it if one of them did,” Matt said.

“No what the hell,” Ned denied, “I’m a man of my own, I ain’t giving up power.”

“Seems like it’s not much of a choice around here,” Matt laughed.

Chapter End Notes:

Just a note as the story goes on: The entire school is designed for people of two sizes to live in. I'll do my best to describe how the place functions, such as two different sized doors at each classroom, but I can't promise to do that for every single little thing at this school. If I say soemthing like 'he went to the bathroom', you can assume that there are two bathrooms of different sizes: a small one for the boys and a giant one for the girls. Please use this method of assumption for most things at this school, thanks for the cooperation.