- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The next William Chapter. Will learns Jessica's secret.

Chapter 3: Our Little Secret

Will just stood there, unable to process what had happened. Jessica had pointed at the man and now he was gone, all was left was...his socks? Did she kill him? Did she..teleport him. Was she a Super!? He dropped his wallet which he held in his hand. Jessica turned around from the noise "ah shit, sorry about this. Bugger" she said. She leaned down, picked up Williams wallet and put it in his pocket, then she grabbed his arm, tight. "Come with me, now!" she said, dragging William into the dark street, picking the socks up as she walked past them.

They came to a large apartment building, very fancy looking. Jessica dragged Will into the elevators, to the 32nd floor and to a door. She opened it and they walked in, Will still dragged by Jessica. As they entered, Will was amazed. The room was huge! A large entry presented with a large kitchen to the back, a lounge room to the right. Several doors scattered around the place to other rooms. A small girl sat on a couch in the lounge, she looked about 20, had brown hair and a slim build. She looked similar to Jessica. The girl looked to them "geez, didn't you just meet the guy?" the girl said, seeming coy at the presence of Will. Jessica stared back at her and threw the pair of socks to her, the girl grabbed them. "Oh shit, really? Did he see, does he know" the girl said, looking at the socks. "Yeap, of all the days" Jessica said. "Go on, get him to sign one before its too late" the girl said, seeming to take her socks off and put the new ones on. Jessica then proceeded to drag Will to one of the many rooms.  

Will and Jessica entered the room, it looked like a bedroom but was much bigger. It was as big as his entire apartment he would have guessed. In the middle was a queen sized bed. A door that he assumed lead to a bathroom lay to the right and the left was a window to the dark city. Drawers and other storage littered the room and so did several trinkets, figurines and other knick knacks. Jessica moved Will to the bed, placed him in the sitting position and shoved a paper to him. "Sign this, PLEASE!" she said, emphasising the please with a serious and wanting tone. Will looked down at the paper, it said NDA. "Wha..what is this?" Will said. "Just sign it, please. I need you to sign it, its important. I'll explain everything once you do" she said, handing Will a pen. "Did you kill him!" Will slightly yelled, horrified at the possibility. "Please just sign it" she said. She grabbed his hands, placing the pen in them as she did so. She looked into his eyes "I will explain everything, just please sign this first". Will looked back at her, then to the paper. He quickly scanned the page. Something about 'powers' and confidentiality and other stuff. So she was a 'powers'. He looked back at her, her eyes full of sadness and desire, she looked desperate and scared. He moved the pen and signed his name.

"I didn't kill that man, I just changed him. My name is Jessica Bishop but the public knows me more as Stone Girl" Jessica said. She was sitting on the bed next to Will, the paper now on her lap, Will's signature inked on the paper. Will paused his thinking, Stone Girl. Wait..he knew that name. Hero 35 in the rankings. She can turn any opponent into a stone statue. But that makes no sense, she made the man disappear, not into a stone statue. "But, that man" Will replied. "Is not a statue, I know. I..don't actually turn people into statues. I can turn them into anything within a certain size. Statues, toys, paper...clothes" Jessica said. Will's eyes shot open. The socks, no way! "Wait..but!" he went to say. Jessica grabbed his hand to stop him "Yes, I turned him into socks. The same socks my sister outside is wearing. The man is fine, I have a choice to make any transformaton almost indestructible. And tomorrow I will hand him to authorities as a statue. The only problem till then is my sisters stinky feet" she said, slightly giggling. Will smiled at her change of tone, he sighed at the fact he did not just go on a date with a killer. "But why statues if you can do anything?" Will asked. "Most 'powers' limit the powers they have publicly. Either to use them as a surprise for supervillians or just to lower fears of the public. Thus your NDA. You cannot tell a soul, of me, my sister, my powers or anything!" she said, returning to her serious tone.

Will looked at Jessica, her stare feeling like she was piercing his soul. What had he gotten into. This was just meant to be a simple date. Then again, they did meet in a strange way. "You don't have to stay. I know you did not sign up for this and I never said I was a 'power' when we met, not that I could. If you leave now, I will understand" Jessica said. Will looked to the door. He did not sign up for this, this was crazy. He enjoyed 'powers' and heroes, but...did he want to start dating one. But then he thought back to the dinner. His year had been shit so far, shitty meals, job after job interviews towards nothing, friends moving on overseas or closing contact and more. This was the first night he had enjoyed for ages and Jessica was the first person in ages he had genuinely enjoyed and she seemed to feel the same towards him. He paused, took a breath and grabbed Jessicas hand. "I want to stay, I want to get to know you" he said.

Jessica's face lit up, her sorrow and serious demeanor slightly faded. "Thank you".

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading. Always open to reviews, let me know how your enjoying the story.

 

I should also add NDA stands for Non Disclosure Agreement. Basically a legal form that means you cannot share info to certain people. Like EMP, the term is known alot due to movies and Tv shows, but I thought I should add what it means in the event people did not know. Apologizes for anybody who was confused.

And as always, Apologizes for mistakes and errors.