- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Our second person.

Chapter 2: William

Name: William (Will) Crusher

Age: 26

Size: 6 ft

Occupation: Unemployed

Powers: NIL

Will sat in the park. He was one damn Catchball away from catching the damn Rait. He could not afford another 20 Catch Coins for more balls. Gah! he thought, he let the creature escape. Will was playing a popular AR game on his phone, that involved catching mythical creatures with balls. He did so to pass time during job interviews, using local parks and streets he walked to and from them as ways to lvl up. But he only ever got the free 'balls' so he rarely caught anything or levelled up.

He lowered in head in defeat, what a disappointment, he would have levelled up if he had caught it. "Oh bummer, so close. Why not buy some balls" a mystery voice said. Will looked up. In front of him stood a girl, she looked around his age, maybe more 25. She had long blonde hair, wore a leather jacket and jeans and some fancy boots. She had a gorgeous smile and big blue eyes. Will was amazed she was talking to him. He was pretty raggedy looking, dirty blonde hair, average face. He worse his usual Anime T-Shirt with a black jacket and jeans. His suit sat next to him, he changed before every interview to avoid ruining his clothes. "Don't have the cash" Will replied. He was not known to lie, even if it meant admitting he could not afford the $1 charge for more balls.

"Oh thats a bummer, here gimmie" she said. Will was perplexued, but gave the random girl his phone. She did some typing and then handed it back, Will almost had a heart attack. His coins were at 4200 and he had max balls. That would have cost him well over 4 grand. What did she do? "Wha..huh. What?" he said, confused. "How?" he said, looking up at her. She was laughing. "I just brought some, silly. I, unlike you, am not broke" she smiled. "But thats like, 3-4 grand, I can't repay that in a month let alone anytime soon" he said, worried what the catch was. "Oh, well, how about a date then" she said. Will froze, a date. She wanted to date him. Was this a joke? An act? What? He looked at her, she seemed genuine, but what was her end game he wondered. "You..you want to date me?" he said, looking at her. She giggled "yeah, sure, I love Creature Catchers and you look cute. The perfect combination" she replied. Will was unsure how to reply. "You free tonight?" she asked. Will nodded, feeling stupid after, he could have just said yes instead of nodding like a buffoon. "Ok, 7, The Grand Oak Restaurant. Don't be late" she said. She then went to walk off. Will panicked and jumped up "Wait!" the girl turned around. "I..I didn't catch your name" he said. She giggled "Took long enough to ask, Jessica, yours?" she replied. "Will" he answered.

Will was in full panic mode. The Oak was one of the most expensive restaurants in the city. Either she had a well paying job or had a well off family, or both. Then again, she did spent 5 grand on virtual coins, she must be loaded, Will thought. He stood out the front of the restaurant, dressed in his fancy suit, this one his own, his other suit he wore to interviews was his fathers. He had considered selling this one for money, but was now glad he held off. It was better suited for dinners and events while the other screamed buisness.

He used his hands to once more fix his hair, something he always had trouble with, and entered, approaching the server. "I ah, is there a table under Jessica?" he asked. He had tried to book himself but was laughed off on the phone, 2 years apparently was the waiting time. He hoped she had done the reservation or else this would be a short night. The server looked at him, seeming unimpressed. "Last name?" he asked. Will panicked, what would he do. He wanted to be early to make a good impression but this was not working out. "I..ah, not sure. I am meeting a friend, her name is Jessica. I am Will" he answered. The server lit up before inspecting him again. "Hmm, Miss Bishop did say she was expecting someone under that name...I did not expect it to be someone like you" he said. Will wiped sweat from his brow, he was way too poor for this place. "Nonetheless, table 9, follow me" he said. Will walked with the server and sat down at the table. The server then handed him a menu and left.

Will sat for 15 minutes, sweating the entire time. He was uncomfortable and felt out of place. High class was everywhere, he even thought he saw the mayor over at table 3. Suddenly Jessica arrived, she wore a gorgeous white dress with gold earrings. She sat down. "Sorry, traffic. How are you?" she smiled. Will smiled back, or attempted too, he was way too uncomfortable to seem geniune. "I..ah..good" he muttered, barely getting words out. Jessica giggled "Oh relax, I guess you never come to a place like this often?" she replied. "fast food is expensive for me, this place has menu options that cost as much as college" he remarked, trying to use humour to mask his uncomfortable mood. "I know, don't worry. Relax, I shall get us some drinks, that should help" she replied, calling the waiter over.

After a drink and a half, Will felt better. Still feeling out of place, some confort words from Jessica and liquid courage helped alot. "So, looking for a job or just have a shitty one" Jessica said, taking a drink of her wine glass. "Looking, finished my course in film making and looking to find somewhere to work to gain some money for funds to produce something" he replied, also taking a sip. "Nice! Explains the suit you were dragging around, same suit?" "No, thats my fathers, this is mine. They consist of my 4 outfits I own" Will said, before regretting saying so, seeming soo poor, he quickly took another sip. Jessica noticed "Relax, I don't care you don't have money. Your looks are worth it alone" she replied, winking. "What do you do for work?" Will asked, hoping to move the conversation away from his lack of everything. "I ah..can't say. Its like private and such, you know, secret" Jessica said, Will raised an eyebrow in intrigue. "Like government or corporation or...supers?" Will asked. "Can't even say" Jessica smiled, raising a glass at her teasing of Will. Will dropped his head in defeat "Ah damn, oh well. Can see how you can afford this then, with a job as top secret as that" he laughed. Jessica smiled at him.

The rest of the night was just general banter. Will found out Jessica lived in the very rich part of town, Will hinting he did not live there. He instead lived in the very poor side, but he kept that out. He found out Jessica did come from a fancy family, but her wealth was from her job only, her family paid for nothing but her reputation. Other then that, Jessica seemed tight lipped and Will hesitant himself to reveal much, so they joked about events, the mobile game they both played and other topics. As they ended the night, it was around 3:00am.

"Oh wow its late! I have interviews in like 5 hours" Will said, laughing at how fast time flew. Jessica nodded "better we end this then, I did have fun" she smiled. "So did I" Will replied. They both got up and approached the exit. "My apartment is only 3 blocks away, shall I get the restaurant to call you a cab? I will walk from here" Jessica said, Will replied "Walk? At this time. I know this is the fancy side of town but its not that safe". Jessica smiled "For me it is, I know my way around". Will grabbed her hand "Well, I can call a cab after, may I at least walk you home" he asked. Will forgot his words, was this wise? Sure he did not want her walking home alone, but was she wanting him to escort her? Would she want him to know where she lived, was this too personal. He freaked, had he screwed up, had he gone too far too soon!

"Oh my hero! Sure, I could use the company" Jessica smiled, tighting the grip on the held hand and starting to walk. Will sighed in relief.

The streets were dark and barren. It was not as 'scummy' as his part, but it still felt weird and scary. However Will noticed Jessica was unfazed, her expression unchanged since they left the restaurant. Sure crime was low, but the area still spooked Will out...and Heroes were not always everywhere at all times. Caution was always encouraged. Suddenly the quiet ended and a man jumped out.

He worse a worn out shirt and baggy pants, a knife in his hand. "Gimme your money or you get it" he screamed. Will froze. He pushed Jessica behind him and quickly went for his wallet. He hoped a 'Super' was nearby, or better, a Hero. He was slightly joking when he said it was unsafe, the streets of the city rarely had crime. This was new to him and Will was terrified.

However as Will went to get out his Wallet, Jessica stopped him. She moved in front of him and shook her hands. "You poor bastard" she said before pointing her finger at the man. Within less then a second, the man was gone. Will was confused. He looked down. In the mans position he once stood now lay a pair of red socks.

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading.

I will be focusing on these two characters, Gemma and William for the foreseable future, but other characters will appear in them. Just the focus will be these two as core characters with their 'partners'.

As for who gets updated more, let me know! Any reviews are welcome and the more people like a certain character, they will be updated more. Both will recieve constant attention, but knowing what people like helps me focus on certain characters.

Also open to ideas and any OC's people want included. Purely as Cameos, either victims or heros, you decide, just leave it at the end of any review with name and who you want them to suffer by (if its a victim)

Thanks again for reading and hope you enjoyed it.

Apologizes for any mistakes or errors.