- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Will watches the event

Chapter 30: The Event Part III

Will sat in complete confusion, what was Cindy doing here and not backstage getting ready. "What are you doing?" Will asked. The cloaked Cindy turned back to the stage before answering "Its part of the show, just watch" she said. Will confused, trusted Cindy nonetheless and returned his attention to the show.

The lights dimmed and the music that had been playing stopped. A person moved from the side of the stage to the mic that was set up. It was the hero Mini, hero No.6 from The Mighty 10. She had the ability to shrink her body to any size she wanted. She had gained a high ranking due to espionage missions and the ability to shrink and stay out of sight. She joined before Shrinker and could only shrink herself, but she did keep her strength when Tiny, making her an adept fighter if ever discovered.

"Today I stand here to annouce the newest member to our superhero community. Having perfect scores, an incredible combat record in both simulations and practise tests and just having a pretty badass power, she climbed the ranks to graduate to professional hero with records that are expected of the high requirements of our hero organisation. She worked hard and now we are proud to recognise her to join our ranks" Mini said, she wore a skin tight black PVC suit with googles on her face and her suit covering her head, with some of her hair coming out of a hole at the back. Apparently the suit design was to help blend in in the dark.

"But why me up here and not some higher ranked hero or esteemed person. Why Mini? Well...someone at marketing had a sick sense of humour I tell you" she said, laughing. Some audiences laughed along while others looked confused. "Some of you did not get that, don't worry, you will" she said.

"May I bring to the stage, our newest hero" Mini said before moving away from the mic. Cindy rose up from her seat and headed towards the stage, still cloaked. She walked and went to the mic. Mini, with a new microphone a stage hand gave her, announced her. "May I present, The Giantess!" she yelled and suddenly Cindy grew to a massive size, just missing the top of the centre. Her cloak fell as she grew, revealing her finished costume, the same they both saw the other day. She did some flexing, some air kisses and shrunk and grew to multiple sizes. "yes! Our first Giant hero in years, The Giantess has the ability to grew to almost limitless sizes. She has incredible strength that grows as she does. Her suit is state of the art, having incredible safety features to avoid any accidents or injuries to her or those around her. And she is ready to save the day!" Mini said.

Cindy then shrunk back to normal size before grabbing the mic. "Thank you all for coming, its an honour to be presented like this. I have alwa-" Cindy said before a beam of light came shooting from the crowd and hit Mini, who collapsed to the ground. Everyone looked, in the middle of the split seats of crowds was a masked individual. They wore a PVC suit that completlty covered their entire body, it was white. They held a gun of some sort that was plugged into a backpack like device on there back. Suddenly another hero came out and went to tackle the person, they were shot also. They lay on the ground, raising their hand at the person. Suddenly the hero's eyes widened in shock "My..my powers, they are gone!"

Will watched in panic, he turned to Agent but she was already gone. People rushed out of their seats, heroes and civilians alike, unsure what to do. Will looked to the stage, Cindy was frozen in fear. He rushed out of his seat. He watched as the masked individual shot hero after hero who approachd them, but not any who stood to the side. Will watched as heroes like Exotica and Smelt stayed at a distance, scared. Will saw the shooter target Cindy. He ran to the stage, throwing people to the side. He got up and as the shooter shot, Will stood infront of the blast, taking the full force, protecting Cindy. He collapsed as Cindy grabbed him. She lowered him to the ground, cradling him in her lap. Will watched as Android L approached the shooter, unfazed by the blasts he shot, due to being an android and not human. She punched him and he was knocked out. Will then fainted.


Will woke up, he panicked, where was he? He looked around, he was..in a hospital?. He saw someone arise in the corner of his eye, it was Cindy. She was clothed in her normal clothes. She looked at Will before hugging him "Oh thank goodness, you gave me a scare you..you reckless fool" she said, tears falling from her eyes. "What..what happened.." he asked. Cindy rose from the hug. "The event was attacked, some psycho with a gun that took away powers. 20 Heroes lost their powers and so far, have not gotten them back. Due to this, they are weak and are in other rooms here" Cindy said.

"Here?" Will said. "This is Mrs Health Hospital for the Super Kind. You were rushed here after the attack, I demanded you came, this is the best hospital in the world. They refused at first, you know, a hero hospital and all. But I demanded it" Cindy said. Will went to grab her hand, to say thanks, but his hand fell due to pain. "Ahh" he said, his arm hurt. "Woah! Don't strain yourself, doctor said your weak. You..you saved my life" Cindy said. "You..you took the full blast of the shot, saving me from loosing my power. At the risk of yourself" Cindy said. Will smiled. "Anything for you" he said. Cindy gave him another giant hug.

Cindy sat with Will and explained the events of what happened. After he took the shot, Android L took down the shooter. She had been sitting in the back with her creator, so she was slow to apprehend him sooner. Having to rush to the shooter and past running and screaming people. However the person inside the suit took a suicide injection before anybody could question him, his suit giving him it if he was knocked unconsious or unable to move for a certain amount of time. One of many fail safes in the event of capture, a very complex suit according to Silky.

Cindy had arranged the organisers to send Will to the hero hospital, convincing them that the ray could only be studied by the individuals at the special hospital. Even though she admitted she just wanted the best care for him.

Jessica was now currently on patrol, volunteering in the event more attackers struck and the event offically cancelled.

"Wow!" Will said "What a series of events". "Yeah, and we still have no idea where he came from or what he wants" Cindy said, grabbing Will's hand. "I am just glad your safe" she added. Will smiled at her.

Chapter End Notes:

Thank you for reading!

WOW!, 30 chapters, my longest story yet. I wish to thank every person who had read and continued so far and an extra special thanks to those kind enough to review and let me know your thoughts. They mean alot.

I am not finished, far from it. And I hope you enjoy the upcoming chapters.

Just some info, the Gemma and Will chapters/characters will not merge. I consider this 'event' to be a kind of TV special, where there is a major crossover, but they don't interact much outside places they would have to. Both stories will continue seperate after the event.

Thanks again for reading and I hope you enjoy future chapters!