- Text Size +
One upon a time in Felarya, The Quake Part 1

...

Petra was lazing away, basking on the roof of the palace ruins she lived in. When suddenly the ground started to shake violently, Petra had never experienced anything like this before, and she began to freak out. Petra fell through the roof and screamed as the rest of the structure collapsed on top of her. Bearly able to breathe and unable to move at all, Petra cried as she struggled with all of her might but to no avail. But before she could be wholly buried alive, she was suddenly freed as meany long black legs kicked the smaller rocks off of her, and a male form lifted the largest of them off of her.

"Petra! Are you ok!?"

"Oh, Dave, thank goodness you came when you did, or I would have been a goner!"

"Let's get out of here!" Dave picked up Petra, who wasted no time coiling around him as he ran like the wind. Petra looked at the destruction the earthquake caused, not believing her eyes, as some of the giant trees fell over from the movement of the earth beneath them. Soon the quake stopped, and Dave sat down to catch his breath, Petra uncoiled herself from Dave's wast looking over what was left of the jungle.

"Are you *huff huff* ok? *huff*."

"Bruised a bit and missing a scale or two, but aside from that, I am ok ya. What do you think happened, Dave?"

"Not a clue noodle, maybe one of the trees fell over and knocked some of the others down to?"

"No, we would have had more warning then that if it was one of the bigger threes, maybe something happened deep underground? We should probably leave the speculation for later; we have to check on the others." Petra coiled herself back around Dave, placing a hand on his shoulder to keep her balance as he rushed off to go and find out if their friends made it through the quake. Petra could not believe how much of the giant trees that once dominated the landscape were now laying on the jungle floor. She could even see some Dryads laying broken and dead as others mourned the gentle giants of the jungle. A familiar shadow passed over Petra, she looked up and spotted a dark-skinned harpy with vulture-like features. She spotted them as well swooping down and landing right in front of them, looming over both Dave and Petra the menacing harpy was much taller than them at ninety-five feet tall.

"Do you two have any idea how long I wasted my time looking for you!? Don't you think I have better things to do than babysit a pintsized belly-dragger and a runty bug?!"

"It's good to see you to Vitani. Did you spot anyone else from up there?"

"Ya, the western river has a few threes in it upriver from were Jade lives, we all know that if we don't go and help that stupid fish, she is going to get her dumb ass killed."

"Then we don't have a moment to lose, see if you can get those feather dusters you call wings to carry you to her." With a menacing smirk on her face, Vitani shot up into the air, and Dave did his best to follow her. Petra could see that some were using the devastation to there advantage, prey that was safe before the quake are now out in the open, If not for her friend being in danger, Petra might have joined the feast herself. Petra spotted the river, or what was left of it as it was half as full as it was supposed to be. And swimming at the bottom of it was a woman that if she was up straight would be one hundred and ten feet tall with a coy fish bottom half.

"Jade it's Petra and Dave, are you ok!?"

"Oh Petra, my darling, it is just simply awful! The most horrible quake happened, and now a tree is blocking the stream. I fear it's too late for me, go little one and tell my story!"

"Quit your melodramatic bull shit, you stupid fish, before I forget I am here to save you and have some sushi instead!" A loud thud followed Vitani's outburst if anyone needed some other way to tell she was there.

"Like I need the help of a rude little bitch like you, Vitani, get lost!"

"You will accept my help scale-but or face my wrath!" Jade and Vitani then began their usual round of arguing as Dave did what he usually did and just tried to stay out of it, wondering why they were friends. Petra, on the other hand, was getting rather frustrated with how her much larger friends were acting now of all times.

"Could you two save it until after Jade is safe for goodness sake!?" Vitani and Jade stopped arguing on the spot looking rather shocked; Petra normally did not speak up in gatherings. So the fact that she did kinda scared both of them, they then just nodded in submission to the much shorter Naga.

"Good, now let's get to where the river is clogged and lift Jade over the fallen tree." They then all moved up the river until, at last, they found it, one of the massive trees that doted the jungle had fallen over into the river blocking the stream almost entirely.

"So, what's the plan for getting Jade on the other side of that love?"

"The plan is that you lasso your slike around Jade's tail, and Vitani will lift her up by her armpits while we pull her up everyone ok with this plane?"

"Sounds excellent, darling."

"If I have to."

"Ready when you are my little love noodle!" Petra blushed at being called her pet name, but then got right to work and aside from Vitani dropping Jade about four times, and an argument breaking out every time she did, the plane went off without a hitch. Everyone was worn out, getting Jade to safety, but they all had smiles on their faces, knowing that Jade was safe made them all feel so much better. Jade then shot out of the water, almost splashing them, but they did not stay made when they spotted the smaller mermaids in her hands.

"I think you dears deserve a little reward for all the trouble you went through for me today and don't bother savoring them. I found a whole bunch of them hiding on the river bed." Jade then tossed each of them a mermaid; Petra had a hard time holding on to hers, the little lady would keep slipping out of her fingers. Petra was able to get the pore little thing into her mouth eventually, but not before the others were on their third one, tilting her head back Petra slurped down the tasty little thing down, enjoying her flavor very much before the wiggling in her belly reminded her of something.

"What how are we going to check on Candie!?"