- Text Size +
One upon a time in Felarya, Penny meets Candie's friends. (Slice of life/Comfort)

...

Penny was dressing in her highking gear worryingly. The little halfling was going out with her girlfriend Candie to help her collect spell components. The only problem was that they were going into the jungle to do it. Penny knew that Candie did this all the time and that she was safe with her, but at the same time, Penny knew what they were doing was very dangerous. She then heard Candie walking into her room, Candie was dressed in a green cloak the clothes under it were the same sort of t-shirt and loos pants she typically wore.

"Ready to head out, Penny?"

"Not really, still a little scared to go out into that green hell you like so much."

"You don't have to come, you know. I only invited you to go foraging with me because I wanted to show you that you don't have to worry every time I go out into the jungle."

"No, no, I am coming with you. And I know you're a powerful witch and that you can take care of yourself, I am just interested in your work."

"Ok, then let's go." Candie then bent down, kissing Penny on the lips before summoning a staff out of blue flames. Candie had never told Penny how she got her staff, it was a wooden pole with a hook at the end holding an amber lantern with blue fire in it. They then soon left the safety of the city, and Penny would be lying if she said that she was not scared. She was only out in the jungle only one other time when she escaped her war-torn homeland of the orchard. Only to be chased and hunted by one carnivore after the other, bearly making to the Shatira alive. And it seems that Candie could tell, never letting go of Penny's hand, which did comfort her a little but also made her feel like she was acting like a child.

"Ah good, looks like we found some burning moss, this shit is perfect for making curses watch my back while I collect some!"

"Ok, w-what am I looking for?"

"Anything that could eat us." Penny chocked down a nervous gulp as she started her look-out. It did not take long for Penny to spot something, something big. It was a Naga, Penny had never seen one before and but knew all too well from stories that they were ravenous predators. Penny's heart skipped a beat when it spotted her, and it sank when the Naga started slithering towards them.

"NAGA! Candie, get us out of here! A Naga is coming to eat us!"

"What!? Penny get behind me I will teleport us back to the- Oh, it's just Petra, hay bitch get your sexy ass over here!"

"What the fuck are you doing!? Don't call it over here are you high!?"

"Relax love, I know her." Penny was about to protest but went silent when the Naga's shadow was cast over her. Penny clung to Candie's cloak as she looked up in terror at the Naga if the monster was not a known man-eater Penny would have called it cute. The Naga's pink eyes looked down on them looking almost amused, it's matching pink hair rested loosely on her shoulders the beast then crossed its arms.

"I thought I smelled trouble, how have you been Candie?"

"I'm doing good, just gathering some spell components with my girlfriend."

"Oh, so that's who's clinging to your cloak? Oh dear, I am not scaring her, am I!? I am so sorry little one, I am not going to eat you honest!"

"I-if Candie trusts you s-so do I..." Penny could tell that she was making things awkward, but she could not help but quiver before Petra as she was higher on the food chain than her. And the shy uncomfortable look on the Nagas face did not help to calm down Penny what so ever, both of them jumped a bit when Candie clapped.

"So how did things work out between you and Dave anyhow?!"

"Oh, um, it went really well. I was actually on my way to go see him right now, I would invite you along, but your busy so I will just leave you to your gathering good day."

"Ok, see you by the river sometime, have a nice day." Petra slithered off, waving back at Candie as she did. Penny let out the breath she was holding before hugging Candie's leg, tearing up a little bit.

"Sorry I embarrassed you, Candie, I was just so scared and-"

"Shhhh, it's ok. I did not even think we would see anyone I know in this part of the jungle, or I would have prepared you more." Candie then got down on one knee and snatched Penny up into a hug, squeezing her tightly and beginning to tear up herself.

"Tell you what darling, how about we gather up some tasty things, and I make you your favorite stew, sound good?" Penny just nodded and got back to helping Candie gather plants, some magical some for dinner. Even getting her hands on some Neera's before they headed back into the city for a lovely night together.