- Text Size +
Once upon a time in Felarya Miko's Worst Birthday Ever (Tragedy)

...

In the imperial city of Shuto, the capital of the Lung empire, there was a celebration. The city of over one and a half million people was alive with fireworks, over thirty parades, and every form of merrymaking one could think of. But the one for whom the city was celebrating was far from the meany party's, looking down at the great city her father ruled, princess Miko was getting ready for her party in the imperial palace. Though she did not do much of the work herself, seven handmaidens worked tirelessly grooming and dressing the young princess for her birthday.

"I wonder what it's like down there..." Miko wondered aloud as her handmaidens continued their work, all her life, Miko only knew slaves eunuchs and airhead nobles. As Miko was lead to the grand hall, she wondered if her father was going to marry her off soon, she was a beautiful nineteen-year-old princess after all everyone wanted her hand. Miko soon entered the great hall, a massive chamber of her palace that could hold over twelve thousand people if needed, but the crowd that formed was only about half that size. All high ranking nobles doing their best to curry favor from the emperor, Miko was being escorted through the crowd by five of her personal oni guards when it happened. The night sky was replaced with a gray mist, the gathering of nobles started to panic as Miko's guards began pushing and shoving their way to the emperor, delivering Miko to her father safely.

"Father, what's happening!?"

"I don't know my daughter, but I promise I won't let anything happen to you. Guards! Escort everyone to the inner palace!" As the emperor commanded to it was done, a small army's worth of oni warriors helped lead the nobles to the inner palace. By the time that Miko was in her tower, the sky had cleared, but it was not their sky, Miko remembered her astrology and nun of the stars matched up. Of course, she did not have to be an astrologist to tell that they were in another world, as Miko looked around she could see trees bigger than she ever thought anything could ever be surrounding the city of almost two million. And it did not take long for something to come out of the giant forest to investigate.

"By the goddess... It can't be..." Miko stammered, not believing what she was seeing, for walking out of the forest was nothing less than a giant woman with the ears and tail of a cat. Miko was wondering if she was somehow intoxicated, for that is the only way she could explain what she was looking at. Miko watched the giant catgirl walk up to the borders of her city; the giant seemed to be just as curious as Miko was, she got out her telescope to get a better look at the creature and as soon as she did Miko wished that she didn't. Curiosity was replaced with horror as Miko looked at the giant eating her people, and the catgirl was not alone, other giants, some with the bottom halves of snakes others like the catgirl but with dog features. Slowly Miko put down her telescope, shacking in horror, for as far as she could tell, Shuto, the capital of the Lung empire, was going to be devoured by an army of monsters.

"*knock knock* Princess! Your father has sent us; he is having the artificers prep the royal airship for take-off."

"B-but that about the people? We can't let those monsters eat everyone!"

"The emperor has spoken princess I am sorry." The guard's woman then grabbed Miko by the arm and charged off with her, shoving and bashing her way through anything in her way. They soon arrived at the royal airship, though calling it a ship would be misleading, it was more like a giant flying summer palace. Miko was quickly taken to her room on the ship, and it was as lavish as any of her other rooms had ever been. Soon Miko could feel the vessel tacking off, she looked out the window, Miko knew she should have looked away but she just couldn't. From her vantage point, Miko could see almost thirty of the giant monsters eating their way through her city, and it broke her heart to abandon her people to that.

"I wonder what it's like down there..." Miko asked herself as she looked down at her city for the last time with tears dripping from her eyes, as far as birthday's go, Miko decided that this was her worst.