- Text Size +
One upon a time in Felarya, The Quake Part 3

...

Candie had an excellent view from Vitani's reminding her of the first time she went on an airplane; she was so scared of everything back then. She could tell that Vitani was tasting her ass while Candie was sitting on her tongue, any other time Candie might have taken off her pants, letting her feathered friend have a better taste. But now was not the time, they soon made it to the city, Vitani landed right at the city walls letting Candie out onto it. The giant harpy laughed hard, Candie could see why, she had spent enough time with giant predators to know that the force guarding the walls would be no obstacle, just the orderves.

"Go tell the queen she had better have my victory feast ready, or I will be eating her!"

"Will do Vitani, take your position, and maybe you will finally prove to me that you can earn a meal, you pigeon!" Vitani laughed her ass off as she launched herself up into the air, circling the city from above as Candie teleported into the throne room. The moment she did, Candie found over a dozen halberds pointing at her neck, but with a snap of her fingers and spark of blue flame, the halberds at her throat rusted into dust. The queen clapped from her throne, clearly more amused by Candie's display of power then she should be.

"I have gathered three giant predators to help guard the city, now let Penny go and give me the power you promised!"

"She was never my prisoner, she can come and go when she pleases, which hopefully is soon, dear gods that little lady will eat me out of house and home. And as for connecting you to the mana well, it's yours, but I should remind you that by connecting to the well, you will become a city mage. Who can and will be summoned at any time to assist the crown with any and all magical problems."

"As I said, this is more your reward then mine." Levitating from the queen's hand was an amulet made of silver with an emerald in the center. This pendent would not only serve as Candie's connection to the well but also her badge of office. As it floated gently into Candie's hand, the queen began to chant ancient words of power. Candie could feel herself becoming connected to the vast reservoir of energy that was the mana well, not only empowering her but empowered by her. When the ritual was complete, Candie's eyes for a moment glowed green before returning to normal.

"As queen of Shatira, I now give onto you the office of city mage! Your first task, miss Chaple, is to help restore the magic words around the city." Candie just continued to give the queen a death glare as she teleported off to do her task.

...

Petra had never been this close to a city before, and she was slightly nervous about the whole thing. Having a cousin that got to close to one called Char and ended up getting herself killed. Even just hanging out in the outlying farmland was bothering her so much that she had to gulp down a couple of cows just to relax. Dave was far less worried about all of this; in fact, he was downright gitty about it. Petra heard about how Dridders were supposed to be violent warmongers, but when she started dating Dave, she had thought that it was just a stereotype. After all, he was nothing but kind and sweet around her, seeing this new side of Dave, despite arousing her, slightly scared her. Petra then spotted movement coming from the jungle, and parting its way through the smaller trees was a slug-girl three times Petra's size. Petra went as pale as she sheet, being warned all her life that any decent-sized slime girl could make an easy meal out of her because of how stretchy they are. The towering slug-girl immediately spotted Petra; a hungry smile grew on her face as she inched her way over to Petra. She knew she should call for help, but Petra was frozen with fear, knowing death was upon her as the slug-girl's shadow covered her, she braced herself for the end.

"Hey, cutie, you here for the same resin I am?" Petra slowly opened her eyes to see that she was not apparently being eaten. Seeing the look in the blond slug-girl's eyes was not the kind of hunger she thought it was Petra started to blush.

"D-depends on why your h-here..."

"Relax, sweetie; I am not going to eat you; I am just here for some human. My name is Bell, what's yours?"

"M-my name is Petra... And I kindly ask you not to eat the humans in this city, i-if you don't mind."

"You and you're friends already have dibs on it hu, well that's a shame, I am not really looking for a fight, so I think I will find something else to eat. If you're ever in the mood to have some fun look for me in the deadwood swamp north of here, catch you later, sweetie." As the slug-girl left, Petra could not help but feel as slimy as the trail Bell left behind her, but washing of the gross feelings Bell gave her would have to wait, as Petra spotted Dave being attacked by three Niko's all of them having maybe ten or twenty feet over him. Dave was holding his own, but Petra could tell he needed help, she slithered as fast as she could and launched herself at one of the Niko's. Coiling around her neck and holding onto her hair, Petra started chocking out the larger Niko. The moment her friends turned around to help her, Dave pinned one and punched out the other. By the time that the Niko Petra was chocking passed out, Dave had already taken care of the other two, standing over them with a triumphant look to him that made Petra swoon.

"You doing ok, noodle?"

"Managing, hows Vitani?" The answer to Petra's question came into view when Vitani slammed two Sledgewyverns to the ground hard pinning they're bruised and beaten bodies down to the earth with her knees.

"Wich bitch owns these skies, whores!?"

"Y-you miss Vitani! So sorry to have inconvenienced you, m-miss Vitani!" And with that, Vitani hopped off of the Sledgewyverns and let them fly away. Petra did not think someone could limp through the air, but that was the best way to describe their flying after Vitani was done with them.

"I am surprised that you were not bloodied by now, Petra, your tougher then I thought belly-dragger!" Petra was patted on the back by Vitani's wing after she gave her that what she thought was a compliment. Petra and her friends spent the rest of the day fighting off other predators, Petra managed to use her words to dissuade most of the ones coming her way, but Dave and Vitani preferred to solve their problems with their fists and talons. But all of a sudden, Petra got the worst headache of her life, pain like nothing else she had ever felt before. Somehow Petra knew that the farther she got from the city, the less pain she would be in, so Petra slithered away from the city as fast as she could until the pain stopped. After Petra took a moment to breathe, she could see that she was alone looking around, she did not see Dave or Vitani anywhere, and she started to panic.

"Dave!... Vitani!... Candie!..." Petra slithered as fast as she could, frantically looking for her friends and lover. The moment she spotted Dave, she lunged out and coiled/hugged him as hard as she could, knocking him onto his side in the prosses.

"Baby, I so scared something happened to you, please don't leave me again!"

"Hey, it's ok, love noodle, I am here, and I will never leave you." Petra spent what felt like hours hugging Dave before they went to go look for Vitani.

...

Penny was walking home from the castle with Candie, mostly regretting her life choices as her belly felt like it was going to explode.

"Oh fuck, I should not have eaten those last four drumsticks..."

"Well, I hope this serves a lesson; all you can eat is an invitation, not a challenge." Penny grumbled at Candie's smartass remark as she did her best to make her stomach feel better by rubbing it. Penny quickly forgot about all of that when she spotted her house, what has left of it anyhow.

"Holy shit, you weren't kidding when you said the place was recked."

"I'll get it." And with a few magic words, Penny saw the ruins of her home become engulfed in blue flames. She was aw struck when she had seen that Candie's witch fire was restoring the house rather than consuming it. When the magic flames went out, Penny's home looked better than it did when she bot it, Candie was wearing a smug smile as Penny was wearing one of childlike wonder.

"Fuck baby... Sometimes I forget just how good you are with this stuff."

"Well, lets head-on in before the neighbors ask me to do the same for them!" Penny walked into her restored home as Candie laughed, and everything was just as perfect on the inside as it was outside. Penny was running around like a little kid in amazement at everything she saw, but her fun stopped when she got upstairs.

"Candie, I think you forgot to fix the mirror." Candie walked up, looking sad all of a sudden, looking at the mirror shards like she was going to cry.

"I didn't forget the mirror Penny; I don't have the power to fix it." Penny's eyes widened in horror, without the mirror Candie can't go back to earth. Candie dropped to her knees and unleashed the tears she was holding back, Penny on instinct ran over and embraced her in a loving hug.

...

Petra was eagerly waiting by the borders of the magic wors slithering back and forth. Dave sat down on top of a large stone, keeping a lookout for the delivery wagon.

"You know that won't make it come any faster right?"

"I know, I am just nervous. What if the queen lied to Candie, and we aren't getting anything?"

"Then, I wonder who is driving that cart full of prisoners our way." Petra looked to the horizon, and sure enough, there was a cart with lots of humans in it. Petra salivated at the sight of it; she had forgone eating breakfast so that she would have enough room.

"G-greetings... are you the ones I a-am giving this scum to?"

"Yep, that's us; you can leave the cart." The guard got the horse free of the cart and rode off as fast as it could carry him. Petra licked her lips as she looked into the cart were more than two dozen humans, and some human-like life-forms quivered in horror. Petra picked up a human male; she found his struggling almost amusing as she licked him, she then tilted her head back and dropped him into her mouth, swallowing him whole.

"Not to be a mood killer noodle, but don't you think you should save some for the rest of us?"

"I just had one love-legs cut me some slack."

Love-legs? Is that the pet name you chose for me, really?" Petra and Dave laughed as they picked up the cart and carried it off to share with Jade and Vitani.