- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is the start of the more gentle story path :)

"Hello little one, don't be scared... what's your name?"


Those warm words she spoke immediately quelled the fear you felt before. Phew... You figured Princess Eirika's kind and gentle nature would shine through, and you were right! It didn't seem like she intended to cause any harm to you, at least if you played your cards right.


You tell her your name and she looks somewhat surprised.


"...What a strange name," she says, "Are you from around here?"


"Yes actually, I'm from the neighboring country of Freila, but this doesn't seem to be anywhere close to my village..." you trail off.


"Oh, so you're from Frelia then? How interesting... but how did you get all the way over here in Renais at your puny size?" Eirika asked innocently.


Frelia is allies with Renais, who is at war against the other surrounding countries of Magvel. It was a good thing she doesn't think you're just an enemy soldier.


You regain your composure and look back up to the beautiful towering goddess before you.


"Well, um, I left my home village and rode here to assist you and your comrades in battle, but I got lost on the way and mysteriously blacked out on the side of the road. When I woke up on this field mid-battle I realized I had shrunk somehow! I saw you, your highness, and scaled your boot to get your attention." That seemed like a pretty solid summary of events, you thought.


Eirika stared at you momentarily and a pitying smile formed across her lips.


"Aww, well thank you for the attempted assistance, that was quite sweet of you. I'm sure we could have used your help had this condition not befallen you," Eirika's smile gave off a bit of awkwardness. You wondered if maybe she didn't think much of you, and you gave back an awkward smile in return. You couldn't blame her for thinking that, with how you looked right now.


Eirika continued, "Well I think we should head back to camp for the night, we both could use some rest..."


"Okay, that sounds great, I'm seriously exhausted!" you say, stretching your arms above your head.


Eirika let out a cute giggle very fitting for a girl her age.


"Alright, we should get going then, most of my troops have already headed back to camp. I'm sure Seth is still around, though. He's probably out surveying the area again to make sure it's safe."


You remembered hearing rumors about Seth, he was Princess Eirika's and Prince Ephraim's attendant and a fearsome warrior befitting of that title. Eirika quickly snapped you out of that thought.


"Hmm, I'm not entirely sure it'd be a good idea to let the others know about your shrinking situation yet. For now, I should hide you as we make our way to the camp to avoid anyone seeing you, is that alright?" Eirika asks.


You couldn't say no to that sweet, beautiful face of hers!


"Of course it's fine, and thank you for caring about my well-being, Princess," you reply with a bow.


"You're very welcome. I'm always happy to help people in trouble," said Eirika. "Now, where should I put you until we make it to my tent?" Eirika pondered, placing her finger on her chin. At this moment you could tell a few ideas were brewing in her mind...


"Hmm, sadly this outfit wasn't intended to have many pockets. Maybe you could hide within my hair? Just make sure you keep your head down so you aren't noticed."


"I would be honored, Princess. I'll stay low then!"


"Hehe, I'll trust you with that. After all, if you get found out then I won't have you all to myself anymore!" Eirika said while playfully sticking out her tongue. Whether it was a joke or not, those words made your heart skip a beat and your entire face turn red.


With that, Eirika placed you on her shoulder, and arranged her long flowing hair to hang from the front instead of down her back, shielding you from any wandering eyes. You make your way within the forest of her beautiful blue hair and grab onto some strands, keeping you safe from falling off her shoulder.


The smell surrounding you was almost intoxicating. Despite being on the run and assumedly not having a shower for quite some time, as well as being being on the battlefield all day, Eirika definitely kept up with her hygiene. As expected of a princess! You couldn't help but take a few sly whiffs of her hair, and enjoyed basking in the lovely aroma of this regal guardian.


And so, Eirika silently make her way to her campsite with you in tow...

Chapter End Notes:
Let me know what you think, more additions coming :)