- Text Size +

Waking up to the grind

 Cathy just laid in bed staring at the ceiling as she woke up. She was not thinking just staring blankly at the ceiling.

       She could barely feel the guy in her stomach from last night but that was normal, most men she shrank dont last 24 hours. She patted her stomach out of instinct and not pleasure. Hell, infact the struggles of the shrunkling inside her gave her no joy.

      True swallowing him gave her some short term joy but that's all. The whole event was so boring and devoid of any humanity that it was soul crushing. He just walked up to her and asked to be shrunken and swallowed. Not a hi, not a conversation, he didn't even say his name. It was just a "shrink and gulp" as they call it now and which was growing more common with each day.

      As she stared at the ceiling she reflected on what had caused this and her mind went to that fucking app. A year ago a app called "find a shrinker" came out, a app especially designed to locate local people with the ability to shrink people called shrinkers. At first this was used as a warning and safety app but then people used it to locate shrinkers to fulfill their fetishes.

    It was not long till people would just walk up to shrinkers and beg them to shrink them. No matter where a shrinker was. One big incident was when a man walked into a birthday party naked to be eaten by the mother.  The written was on the wall, shrinkers were no longer predators or even humans, shrinkers were becoming objects of sexual pleasure, a fetish toy.

     She had not noticed the tears running down her face until she stood up out of bed. She took a deep breath or two and began to start the grind

     After she was done getting ready for the day she got into her car and closed her eyes. "Please Goddess, let  today be better then yesterday" she said as she started her car and made her commute.

         Cathy sat in her car, taking deep breaths and readying her self for another day. She dressed bright and light to brighten her mood; afterall, it was Friday so why not be happy. She gulped her pain and get out of her car and into the office.

      She said hello to everyone  as she walked  by in her happy tone. Yet, no one said it back they either nodded or hide away. It was like this since the app revealed she was a shrinker to.the world everything changed. Her office friends became scared of her fearing they would be prey.That of course hurt the most for her that close friends would see her as a monster. 

       She then walked  towards her office. As she walked by she became aware of the silence that came over her team. The team, her team that she had recruited and picked to work with. Now, since that damn app her were so  terrified of her she could feel the fear in the air, she hated it. It had gotten so bad  that one of her team members actually pissed himself when he was called to her office. This especially hurt Cathy given it was to congratulate him on a job well done.

       She stood by the way of her office and looked at her team. "I'm going to close the door but if anyone you need anything or just want to talk. Please, feel free to come ok?" She said this with the sweetest and warmest tone she could  but with no reply. She gently closed her door and started to cry.

    Her office was filled with motivational posters and light hearted figured from cartoons. She sat at her desk surround  photos of office friends now scared of her and wept into her hands.