- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This one seemingly doesn't have a lot of giantess content, unless you can figure out the origin of the kaijuu. Mostly just setting up the concept

against the invasive species. With his guidance the countries gathered together to create massive armoured power suits multiple stories tall. These suits were equipped with state of the art weapons which could melt through the monsters' thick hides and kill them quickly.

 

For the first time in months, humanity had discovered hope and soon the human forces rallied against the monsters.

 

They wiped out the nests and eggs that had been placed on the sides of abandoned sky scrapers by "Lobster" and "Crab" class kaijuu. They purged the tunnels of all remnants of "Mole Class" Kaijuu. Finally, they purged the seas of "Leviathan Class" kaijuu being sure to incinerate every last segment of their bodies.

 

Every night the portals would reopen bringing forth more and more kaijuu to fight, but with ever improving weapons and armor, humanity began to gain ground, until finally, at last they had fought the monsters back to the very portals themselves wiping them out as they came in.

 

Now humanity was ready for the next stage in their plan. No longer would they fight the kaijuu on earth. They were going to take the fight to them, and wipe them out once and for all.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"MEN!" General AisHower shouted. "Today is a day that will go down in history for the human race! Today is the day that we put those bugs under the boots of humans just where they belong!"

 

A military hoorah resounded throughout the hall as the marines who had volunteered for this away mission showed their resolve.

 

"Now I know you are all brave men." the general continued. "I know this because in spite of knowing we would be unable to send any power armour through these portals, you have still shown the resolve to take this fight to the home of these mother buggers and wipe them off the face of whatever god forsaken rock they come from! HOWEVER! I want you to know, that just because we cannot send the power armour through the portal, we do not intend to send you all to your respective deaths. Not only will you be all equipped with the greatest environment scanning and survivalist armour the world has to offer. Suits that will allow you to keep breathing in toxic environments, survive hits like a tank, and walk on any surface you so wish... but you will also be walking into battle with these!"

 

A nearby soldier handed the general a large oversized rifle covered in strange lights and glowing parts.

 

"We have gathered the world's best scientists, astro physicists, and science fiction authors in order to create for you this, which may be one of humanity's greatest weapons against the kaijuu threat!" the general continued arming the large rifle as some soldiers brought a severed chunk of a Crab Class' outer shell onto the stage.

 

"The Macguffin 69 or MG-69 is the latest innovation in anti-kaijuu weaponry. It has been personally designed by Professor Rhodes himself to bring the destructive capabilities of anti-kaijuu power armour to the hands of military personnel like yourselves."

 

Taking careful aim, General AisHower fired the rifle which proceeded to melt a hole through the thick kaijuu armour as if it were butter. As the beam dissipated, a melted hole remained glowing from the heat which just hit it. All through the audience, the soldiers began getting excited at what this meant for anti-kaijuu combat, however the general was still not finished.

 

"Now there is one more feature about the MG-69 which makes it the perfect weapon for this away mission. Although we are going to an alien world with full intentions of blasting every last member of these mother bugging parasites to kingdom come, we do NOT have the intention of causing mass forest fires or destroying ecosystems and potentially important resources! In addition to this, as we have not yet been able to send a scouting party to the other side of the portal before now, and as such do not have any intel about the environmental data of this alien world, we do not want you to accidentally be blowing yourselves up by firing live plasma beams near a gas leak. It is for this reason that the MG 69 is harmless against anything save for the bodies of these blasted insects!

 

That is right! These weapons will not burn wood! They will not melt stone. They will not even boil a cup of coffee! And most importantly..."

 

Without the slightest ounce of hesitation, General AisHower shot the soldier who had pulled the chunk of kaijuu carcass on stage much to the shock of everyone including the soldier. THe shock lasted only for a second however, before they realized to their amazement that the soldier didn't have so much as a scorch mark on him.

 

"these weapons will cause absolutely no harm to the human body whatsoever. That is right, we have officially turned off friendly fire within warfare!"

 

The cheers throughout hall only lent towards showing how much confidence this new technological advancement gave to the soldiers. With no more announcements to give, the general dismissed the men to arm themselves and break into their respective squadrons.

 

Because there was no guarantee that the four types of kaijuu were found on the same planet let alone the same environment, the soldiers would be broken up into four squadrons.

 

Team Alpha would be tasked with wiping out the Lobster Class Kaijuu.

 

Team Bravo would be tasked with searching for the Mole Class Kaijuu.

 

Team Charlie would be tasked with wiping out Crab Class Kaijuu.

 

Finally, team Delta would be armed in submersible craft and tasked with the unenviable task of taking on the Leviathan Class Kaijuu.

 

Each squadron consisted of about 500 men armed with MG-69's as well as at least 100 armed vehicles. While the several story tall power armor might be too tall to fit through any portals, normal tanks and subs could get through no problem.

 

General AisHower on the other hand, returned to central command. Located in New York, one of only two major cities in the world which didn't suffer from an infestation of portals every night.

 

AisHower marched to the front of the room to his command post as various operatives all sat focused on their individual screens tracking vitals, survey data, and video feeds from the soldiers. As he made his walk, he noticed one officer appeared to be slowly swaying back and forth as she stared blankly at her screen.

 

"Does there seem to be a problem officer?" AisHower growled snapping the young officer back into alertness.

 

"N-No sir!" the young officer stuttered, adjusting her glasses before reassessing the data on her screen.

 

Young officer Peggy Carson did indeed have a problem. Two to be exact.

 

The first problem came from the constant itching and stomach problems she had been dealing with since her leave at the beginning of the year. 

 

Wanting to get away from the cold of winter, Peggy Carson had taken some time off at the end of February to go to a tropical retreat. While she was there she had spent most of her time trying on clothes and eating the local delicacies. While the trip had been enjoyable, however; no sooner did it end than she began to be experiencing itchy skin problems and painful digestion issues. Fearing she had somehow gotten a parasite on her journey, Peggy had originally intended to see a doctor the following morning. Unfortunately that following morning was March 18th, the day after the initial attack.

 

Since the portals began opening around the world, doctors had become a scarce resource as the incidents of life threatening injuries had skyrocketed. For this reason, Peggy had delayed getting checked out for something as inconsequential as itching and an upset stomach, and instead focused on her work as an officer which now took up the majority of her time.

 

The second problem was due to how incredibly tired she currently felt.

 

Peggy was a woman who kept herself to a strict schedule. She went to bed every night at 10pm EST latest, and woke up around 8 hours later if she could manage it. This, however; caused issues as the portals would also only open up around 10pm EST.

 

Peggy had originally intended to get some sleep earlier to compensate for the change in schedule, however; a number of erratic portal opening alerts as well as the ceaseless itching which was driving her insane had made such a goal impossible.

 

That being said, Peggy was not about to give up here. She was the youngest female officer to have made it this far. Even though she might still be an unknown name to most of her coworkers she was ambitious. She had spent the past several years of her life devoted fully to her studies and her work, and she intended to make it as a high ranking officer faster than anyone else. It was for this reason that no matter how tired or uncomfortable she might currently be feeling, she was not about to back out of this mission now!

 

Shifting her legs slightly and scratching her medium length black hair, Peggy relieved the irritations occurring across her body somewhat so she could focus. The soldiers were all in position, and the clock had just struck 10pm. All that was left now was to wait for the portals to open so the battle could begin.