- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

~This is just some character development, plenty of action to come soon. Hope you enjoy this one as much as I do! Also, i'm gonna try and get better at responding to reviews, i do appreciate them.

I was sitting in home room with Kris, just chatting about nothing in general when to my surprise, Claire walked right up to us and stood there shifting nervously from foot to foot. Kris was the one to ask if she needed anything.


"Oh, hey Claire, whats up, did you need something, or just saying hey?"


"O-oh right, um-" she started nervously, "I um was wondering if maybe Chris would like t-to join me for a couple classes maybe?" she said before quickly starting to back up, "oh, never mind, dumb id-" I quickly interrupted, "hey wait, I think it's actually a good idea Claire, I did say that I'd like to get to know you, didn't I?" 


She brightened up considerably at that, and she stood by while Kris and I had a quick conversation about how it would happen.


"I can just ride along with her Kris, we all share the same classes, and I am sure nothing will go wrong. I trust that she can keep me safe, it's not like I can get lost, right?"


"I suppose, but still, it's my job to keep you safe at school." Looking over at Claire, she said, "Just know, I'm going to be watching you like a hawk. Got it?"


As soon as Claire agreed to the terms, I was gently placed on her hand and carried over to the other side of the room, Claire's excitement growing with each step. As we took our seat at her table, I decided an attempt to strike up a conversation. I was trying to get to know her better after all. We chatted while home rooms clock ran out and before the bell had rung I found that we actually had quite a bit in common. We watched the same t.v shows, we both enjoyed anime, and we played the same video games, back when I could still play video games at least. Before we knew it, the bell rang, signaling the end of class and we made our way to the next with Claire guiding me there as gently as she could. All in all, I'd say it was a pleasant experience. While she was walking through the hall, I could smell the soft scent of her lavender-vanilla lotion she used to keep her hands nice and soft.


We were sitting through another boring math class, unable to talk when Richard walked by, 'tripping' and catching his balance right where I happened to be sitting, flattening me to the desktop and before either of us realized what happened, Claire had snuck her leg out and tripped Richard for real.


"Oops, you really have to watch your step Richard, you could end up getting hurt." she said innocently.


Richard walked away grumbling to himself as Claire peeled me off the table so I could reform.


"That guy is such a jerk, all he ever wants to do is cause trouble for everyone around him. He really needs to be brought down a peg or two sometimes, don't you think?"


"Absolutely, but we don't know what his home life is like Claire, maybe he just acts out because he doesn't get enough attention at home. Either way, I just try to stay well away from him to avoid any more situations."


"Any more? What happened?" she asked caringly.


I told her about yesterday and absolutely fumed. "I don't care if he is getting beat at home, that is no way to treat another human, especially not a classmate you have known for years. If I ever get a chance, I'll get him back for you, I promise."


I can see a strong friendship growing with Claire and myself, She is such a caring person I can't believe I never noticed her before now. It made me feel like a jerk knowing that someone had a crush on me when I never had even said hello to her before. I was glad to have her with me now, I was starting to feel a bit lonely just having my twin there for me, especially with the new one-sided hatred developing between my younger sister and myself. I would hold onto this for as long as I could.


When the bell rang it was time for lunch, but we were interrupted on the way by none other than Richard. Again. I was starting to think he had a crush on me too at this point.


"Hey Claire, why don't you hand over the twerp, you have to share and I think its my turn to play." he said snidely.


"Chris is not some toy to be played with Richard, you need to just leave him alone or you're gonna get yourself in trouble."


He made a grab at me causing Claire to reflexively pull me towards herself for protection and held me right up against her breasts, shielding me with her body so he couldn't grab me. I never realized how protective she felt too, using herself as a wall between us. I thought we would just be good friends, but at this gesture I felt something else growing as well. Maybe we could be more than friends. I'm not sure how it would work out, but I would be willing to try at least. 


"Oh, just give it up Claire, you know I'm a hell of a lot stronger than you are so just hand him over. It's not like I can hurt him or anything."


"Back off-" she said as she shoved him into a locker using her shoulder as a ram.


"Whatever, I'll see ya later Chris," he said with a wink. "Tell your sister I said hey, won't ya?" With that he walked off, probably to go sneak a cigarette behind the gym like usual. How he never got caught, I will never know.


It was at this point that Claire realized she was pushing me right into her boobs face first and quickly pulled me away, I saw that her face had gone beet-red once again.


"Thank you so much Claire, I don't want to even imagine what kind of sick plan he had in store. Probably wanted to use me to get at my sister again. I really appreciate all you have done today, you are so much stronger than I think anybody gave you credit for, standing up to the school bully like that. I have a question for you, but I don't want you to be embarrassed. Okay?"


She nodded her head, face still red. "Well, I first want to tell you that I have really enjoyed the last couple hours we've been talking. I had no idea we had so much in common, and the way you took care of me, it really moved me. I was just wondering if you would like to get coffee sometime?"


"Y-you mean like a-a date?" 


"Yes Claire, I would love to go on a date with you. I would be willing to see where we can take this, maybe it doesn't go anywhere and maybe it does, but if you want, I would like to give it a try."


"Yes!" she said a little too enthusiastically. "I mean, yes, I think I would like that a lot. Thank you Chris, for giving me a chance, even though we only met yesterday."


After that, we went to lunch and discussed logistics of our upcoming date, which we decided would be on the weekend. After lunch she gave me back to Kris and thanked her for letting her get to know me. Kris teased me non-stop all the way to gym, which I had forgotten about this whole time and was definitely not looking forward to.