- Text Size +

There he stood, blonde, skinny, and all three inches of him trembling in the fleshy palm of Ms. Evans as he he was held within inches of her imposing face.

“And what’s your name little guy?” Ms. Evans cooed.

“K- K- Ken. It’s Ken M- Ms. Evans.” The tiny man said.

“Oh isn’t that cute! Like a Ken doll, only you’re not as big as one of those, are you Ken?” Ms. Evans asked as all the women in the room giggled.

“N- n- no ma’am.” Ken said, continuing to tremble in what was now the sweaty palm of Ms. Evans.

“And how small are you sweetie?” Ms. Evans asked.

“Th- Three inches.”

“We have a winner!” One of the female execs announced while the rest of the room giggled.

“Oh don’t mind them Ken. They’re just excited about the new product we’re about to test. Now, before I begin explaining why I called you in, I have a few questions for you. Have to dot our i’s and cross our T’s if we want to keep Venus Inc. On the map, don’t we?” Ms Evans explained.

“Y- Yes ma’am.”

“Now first things first. How old are you darling?”

“I turned 18 y- y- yesterday. Ma- ma- ma’am.” Ken said.

“Oh and happy birthday little guy! How would you like Mama Evans to put you on full time with a nice little bonus, hmm?” She asked.

“T- that would be w- w- wonderful, ma’am.”

“God aren’t you just the cutest most polite little thing.” Ms. Evans Beamed.

“T- thanks ma’am.”

“Now honey, where did you learn such wonderful manners? Young boys like you are usually rougher on the edges” Ms. Evans asked.

“M- my Mother taught me.” Ken explained.

“Sounds like a real smart lady. Do you have her number? I’d like to give her a call and let her know she raised an outstanding young man.” Ms. Evans asked.

“N- no. Y- y- you can’t.” Ken said.

“And why is that?”

“Because she’s no longer with us.” He explained.

“Oh I’m terribly sorry dear. Your father then, I’ll thank him.”

“I n- n- never knew him. It’s j- just me now.” Ken said.

“So, it’s just you? A three inch-tall high school grad out there in the big world? It’ll chew you up and spit you out if you’re not careful ya know.” Ms. Evans said.

“That’s k- kinda why I was h- h- hoping to get this j- j- job, ma’am. I heard Venus Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and a safe p- place for afflicted” Ken said.

“That’s right Ken. We are, but afflicted or not, everyone has to pull their own weight. Even ones as little and as cute as you.” Ms. Evans explained.

“Yes, I know. I’m a hard w- w- worker though. Just let me p- prove it to you.” Ken said.

“Believe me you’ll get your chance!” Another female exec shouted as the room giggled some more.

“Don’t mind them sweetie. They’re just excited about our new product.” Ms. Evans said.

“And what’s that?” Ken asked.

“Oh we’ll get to that in just a sec. So you’re 18 years old, hardworking, self-sufficient, and manners to boot. I’ve gotta tell you so far I’m impressed Ken. You may be a young three incher, but you’ve got a lot of potential. Remind me of my high school sweetheart. God that was AGES ago - I must be old enough to be your mother and then some.” Ms. Evans digressed.

As she spoke, she fidgeted with the little Ken in her hand. Massaging and rubbing him with her thick digits. This was intimidating for him, to say the least. But he needed this job!

“I d- disagree. You don’t l- look that old.” Ken said.

The room immediately went quiet, as Ms. Evans stopped fidgeting and tightened her grip on the poor little candidate. She brought him up to her long, now beat red face, mere inches from it as she glared daggers at him. 

“AND HOW OLD DO YOU THINK I LOOK, HMMM?” Ms. Evans yelled in the face of the tiny young man.

Ken was terrified. One minute he was being toyed with, the next being screamed at. His senses were bombarded. His ears ringing, dizzy from the humid stale coffee breath that surrounded him. And up close he could make out every tiny imperfection. The fine blonde upper lip and sporadic chin hairs that only someone his size could see, the frown lines that framed her thin lips, the unsightly “beauty” mole right above them, crows feet, even a few nostril hairs she forgot to pluck as her somewhat large nose breathed on him in frustration.

Ms. Evans saw how scared he was. So she calmed herself and repeated the question.

“It’s okay Ken. Honest mistake. Stupid, but honest. That’s a good thing, as you don’t have anything to build on if there isn’t trust. With that in mind, I must ask again, how old do you think I am?” Ms. Evans asked.

Ken knew this was tricky, but he once read to guess within the decade less than what you actually think...

“43? 43 years old Ma’am.” He said.

To his relief her grip loosened slightly and as her lips spread into a beaming smile.

“My you are a keeper little Ken. Now let Mama Evans show you her thanks hmmm?” She said as she brought the little guys face up to her lips.

Her warm coffee-laced breath spread over him as he was pressed against the fat older ladies lips. He couldn’t breath. After roughly five seconds of smooching, he was released and panting for air.

“Breathtaking huh?” Ms. Evans quipped as everyone else laughed.

“So far you’re doing very well, so well in fact that I may even give you a place to stay while this is done. Free room and board how does that sound?” Ms. Evans asked.

“Th- that w- would be a- a- amazing. Thank you thank you!” Ken said as he remained in her grip.

“I still have some questions and tests to run, but keep this up and you’ll have a hefty bonus along with all that.” Ms. Evans explained.