- Text Size +

Kamila City

Prologue

In the year 2155, World War IV ended when China and their allies found a way to develop a weapon that could instantaneously shrink or enlarge any living target, object, or even large areas of land, large enough to shrink entire cities alongside their population, and buildings within.

When the existence of this technology was acknowledged by the United States and their allies, they tried to resign, and forfeit the war trying to cut their loses or avoid a terrible fate, but it was already too late; the War started when the Earth got severely overpopulated and natural resources became scarze, and of course, the victorious side decided that the new world had no space or resources for the losing countries or their population, so every single city, town or human settlement in countries like the USA, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain, Germany and others, got shrunk to an absolutely ridiculous small size, all their citizens got stripped off of any human rights they could have, and became the true spoils of war, while the territory that was once occupied by the now micro cities, got colonized by the winners, who would stablish new cities for the use of their own countries.

A new world order had started, and the once proud and powerful countries that lost the war were now a mere trophy for the winners, and their cities became nothing but slave colonies or large prisions, while it´s citizens were absolutely helpless to avoid any abuse, punishment or whims of their captors.

The Micro Cities got carefully picked up by scientists, one by one, and placed on some anti gravitational pod, to protect the tiny city against any accident and provide the shunken citizens with a small but efficient system of recycled water and air, as well as a very elaborated camera system around the city and speakers which would allow the owner of the city to watch or comunícate with it´s subjects at any time, at any place and in any language too; after that, they got distributed among the winner countries, and later, they got sold to the top bidders in each Nation.

Within the first months afer the end of the War, the owners of these cities found countless ways to enslave, punish or just torture for fun, their habitants. Many of these cities got violently destroyed, burned in a fireplace or ovens, or drowned, with all it´s inhabitants alive inside, by rich teenagers on live streamings for likes and views; other cities became prisions where it´s owner ruled as a Deity, torturing day and night it´s citizens; in some other cases people started to eat the micro human beings and even made some popular recipes based on tiny people; there are rumors that in some other cases, the sadistic or careles owners just turned off the pods and abandoned the locked city to it´s own fate, while it´s inhabitants suffered a slow and painful death as their own resources got depleted and finally would have to kill each other for food till the air or water in the city finally runs out.

In other cases, if the owner of the city was smart enough, he or she would see a potential business within the city, turning all it´s habitants into slaves for his or her own profit.

This tale follows the events that happened to Imperial City and it´s habitants after it got shrunk and sold to it´s new owner: a 27 years old mexican girl named “Camila”.

  

 

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you like it and if this story receives positive feedback, I have 2 chapters almost ready!