- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Time Zones and traveling suck, I know because I've been in Matt's situation a couple of times haha. Good amount of British brand stuff is mentioned, to kinda really sell the fact that Matt's in England.
Saturday, June 19th, 2004

I feel a huge tug on me, I open my eyes and see my mom standing right beside my bed. The light from the light on the ceiling of my bedroom really contracting against the pitch black dark outside.

"Matt, wake up. It's 3'o clock in the morning" She says, her voice waking me up a bit more.

I tell her to get out of my room for I can put my clothes on and go to the bathroom.

After I get out of the bathroom I go into my closet and grab a red "Life Is Good" T-shirt with the character writing a bike. And a khaki shorts and a pair of Nikes.

I grab my passport and plane ticket off of the top of my CPU tower, bending down to grab it. And my suitcase laying besides the TV. Before I head out the door I quickly disable my alarm clock, since I woke up before it went off. I look at my flip phone, thinking whether or not if I should take it with me.

"Nah, I don't know if it's going to work in Europe" I say, before I head out my front door. The house being dark and quiet, besides the sound of dad snoring in the master bedroom.

I walk to my parent's bedroom, my mom screaming me to hurry up but I tell her I'm coming.

I open the door, dad being sound asleep.

"Hey, dad. I'm leaving." I whisper out to him.

I watch my father slowly turn over onto his back and sits up.

"Oh. Oh oh yeah. Here." He says, he reaches towards his wallet on his nightstand. He pulls out 5 100 bills.

"I don't know what the exchange rate is, but this should keep you afloat for the next two weeks" He says, his voice sounding raspy and he's scratching his beard.

I walk up and take it out of his hands.

"Have fun, and I love you" he says, before lying back down to sleep.

"Love you too" I say, I walk out of the bedroom and back to mine, grabbing my suitcase and heading downstairs.

Once I make it out to the kitchen and through the door leading to the garage, I realize it's currently 3:24am, the green digital clock on the Oven and the Microwave illuminating in the dark kitchen. I hear mom's SUV, a beige 2003 Chevy Suburban, running in the garage. I open the left back door of the SUV, placing my suitcase there. I close the door and open the front door, my mom looking kinda pissed that I took so long. I climb in.

"Why the hell did it take you so long? You heard me saying hurry up didn't you?" She says, looking back and starting to back up out of the garage.

"I mean I told dad goodbye and he gave me money, so that's what took me so long." I say, watching the light from inside the garage go off as we pull out.

"Oh." Mom says, the explanation shutting her up.

"Yeah" I say. It's quiet for a couple of minutes as she drives through the neighborhood and onto the main road, we start to get near our daily places. Walmart, McDonald's, 7-Eleven, etc.

"Do you wanna grab something to eat before you head out?" She asks me, trying to warm back up to me.

"Nah, I'll wait until they serve something on the plane" I say.

She smiles at me, and turns on the radio. She usually keeps it on the oldies station, mostly playing hits from the 60s and 70s, the music she remembers playing when she was my age, she says. She switches it to the pop station, playing the beginning of "This Love" by Maroon 5. One of the songs I heard yesterday on MTV while hanging out with Jon. It's softly playing over the car radio, the only light in the car being the radio displaying the name of the band and the song over and over again and the lights of the streetlamps outside.

We eventually get onto the highway, the highway really only populated by a couple of other cars. Mostly with South Carolina license plates due to how close the highway is to the South Carolina state line, there's a couple of Semi Trucks also, but mostly with Licence Plates ranging from Maine to New Mexico.

"Y'know, your father went on a trip to London when he was in his 20s" my mom says, the song "Perfect" by Simple Plan playing softly over the radio.

"I never knew that, actually." I say, scratching under my chin.

"He said he remembers being intrigued by these punk rock people he'd see around London, and he saw John Lennon and Yoko Ono drive through Piccadilly Square." Mom says, she turns lanes. I look at the clock on the radio and it's 3:45am, we're nearing the airport, I can see it in the distance.

"What year was this?" I ask. I turn the radio up a notch for the harmonizing part of the song.

"1978" Mom replies, the Charlotte Douglas International Airport signs coming into view.

"Why haven't we been on vacation since like, we moved to North Carolina" the last thing I ask before the car gets to the drop off/pick up point of the Airport.

"Well, your father became more busy once he started work here, after this year told me we're going to Florida." She says, parking the car at the point, she unlocks the doors.

"Bye Mom" I say, she rubs my shoulder and says she loves me too, I grab my suitcase out of the backseat and hop out of the Suburban, my mom driving off.

I walk towards the automatic doors of the airport, and go inside.

I get my ticket settled and all that, not waiting too long before my flight came in, having a conversation with a Canadian guy from a small Ontario town who was about only 3 years older than me. I boarded the plane, feeling a bit anxious about flying. I've actually never flown before, movies like Final Destination going through my head, which really doesn't help, plus September 11th being only 3 years ago this year still is in the back of everyone's mind, which is why Richie went to the Marines not too long after graduation.

I eventually started to relax on the flight, after eating a bagel and orange juice that was offered to me by the flight attendant, the in-flight movie being "Lost in Translation" with Bill Murray, censored since it's rated R. I found the premise interesting though, and it captured my attention until we made our landing at JFK in NYC. The layover was about a hour, I bought myself a bag of M&Ms and a 3 Musketeers in one of the shops. The airport is huge and busy, I've only been to New York City on a class trip in middle school. I entertain myself by just walking around the ginormous airport until I hear the flight called for Manchester.

The flight from NYC to Manchester was longer than I expected, I slept for the first two hours of the flight. I watched the movies "Sling Blade" and "Gone in 60 Seconds", both in-flight movies. The plane I was on was somewhat filled, mostly with Americans and some English people trying to make it back home. After the movies I slept again for about another 2 hours, until I'm woken up by the sound of the plane landing on the tarmac. Some people clapping. I hear the voice of the pilot talking about England. I notice it's still light outside. I feel myself nodding off to sleep, but I resist it. This time change has really fucked with my sleep schedule. I wait for the plane's doors to open and I walk along the line of people out of the plane and into the gate.

I wait in line for about 15 minutes, the security guy looking at my Passport for about a minute and asking me questions, I answer them all and he seems satisfied with them.

"Alright mate, you made it. Welcome to Manchester, enjoy your time here" he says, I actually perk up a bit, his accent really reminding me where I am right now.

"And try not to drink too much, I know how you 18 year old Americans get pissed over here just because you can" He says joking with me.

I give him a small laugh and walk away, wondering what he meant by pissed. I walk away and grab my luggage, with a couple airport luggage tags on the, for JFK, Charlotte, and Manchester.

I walk through the airport, trying to make it to the front. Hearing all these English voices in the background as I walk was really a culture shock to me.

I see Alex, the guy from Myspace, standing in the background, he sees me and waves his hand, smiling. I walk towards him.

"So, I made it" I say, sounding tired and we both laugh.

"Yeah I can tell, it's 8 o'clock at night" he says, offering to take my bags. Alex is a bit more pale than me, he has black hair and he's dressed in a Adidas tracksuit on and a pair of grey Nike shoes, he has more of a BBC accent than a Manchester one.

"Oh, I thought you had more of like a Noel Gallagher type accent than just a general English one" I say.

"I'm actually the only one in my family that has this accent, I trained myself when I was younger to have more of a BBC accent. I wanted to be on TV" He says, walking towards the door and I follow him.

I look back at the airport at as I walk, seeing the time 20:04 on the clock. I can't read 24 hour clocks, but I assume it's 8 o'clock like he said. I'm going through a total brain fog right now.

I walk out and notice a patch of grass near the terminal, I walk over to it and a attempt to make Alex laugh I pick out a clover from it and eat it, it tasting not that bad actually. He doesn't seem to notice so I just go onto the other side of his red car, I think he told me he had a red 1995 Vauxhall Cavalier on Myspace. A car brand I've never heard of. But at least I could remember that the passenger's and the driver's seat is on the opposite side in the UK, through all the fog my brain is going through right now. Alex unlocks his door and gets in and starts the car, driving off.

I nod off as soon as we hit the highway, or motorway as it's called over in England. I notice that we're driving on the opposite road, the last thing I notice before I go to sleep.

I wake up with Alex softly shaking me, we're in front of his house, which seems more like a brick house with a bunch of other houses connected together.

I get out of the car and so does Alex giving me my luggage. He opens the door and I walk in, his parents watching the what seems to watching a Soccer game on a TV channel called Sky Sports.

"What's this?" I ask Alex.

"You haven't heard about the Euros, mate?" He says, surprised.

"No" I say, feeling like I'm about to pass out.

"Y'know what, nevermind. Go get some rest, there's a guest room on the right as soon as you walk up" Alex says, patting my back and handing me my bags.

His parents don't really pay me any mind, I walk up stairs with my luggage in my hand, I hear the voice of a girl talking on the phone, she sounds about my age, maybe a bit older. I see a girl through the crack of the door across the hallway, she seems about 20-21 and she's lying on her bed, she's got brown hair like mine and she's wearing a cut off pink t-shirt and a black and white checkered mini-skirt. I pay her no mind.

I walk through the door of the room. A small blocky black TV in the corner and a bed and a closet near the door. Quite bare essentials in this room but I don't really care right now, all I wanna do is sleep. I practically crash on my bed, only taking my shoes and socks off. I quickly get to sleep.


Sunday, June 20th, 2004.

I wake up, looking at the light outside, it's the early morning.

"Holy shit, I slept a whole 10 hours?" I say, seeing the sun up and cars passing by the house.

I hear coffee brewing downstairs and the smell of toast. I get up, grab the toothpaste and toothbrush from my luggage and a change of clothes, a "Smashing Pumpkins" t-shirt and a pair of jeans and underwear I brought. I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth, shower and use the bathroom. When I get out, dressed of course, I walk down stairs, leading into the kitchen.

"I see you're awake" Alex's father says, smiling. He has kind of a thick accent, but I can understand him.

"Yeah, that time zone change really messed with me" I say, smiling.

"Yeah I've done that flight before, from Los Angeles to London or Manchester to Dallas, flights like that. I've traveled to the states a good amount for my job" He says to me, handing me a cup of coffee.

"You're retired now right?" I say to him.

"Yes, 5 years in December" He says, before sipping on his coffee.

We stand and sip in silence, I take a toasted slice of bread and butter it, eating it. I see his dad take out a package of cookies called Crawford's Custard Creams, he offers me some and I say yes, I take about 5 and eat them along with my coffee. We eventually start talking about the differences between America and the UK, for about 45 minutes or so until Alex comes downstairs, his mother and sister following not too far behind.

"I've seen you've met my father" Alex says, taking the package of Custard Creams and taking about 3 of them out and eating them, biting onto the first one with a pretty crisp crunch.

"Yeah, I have" I say, I look towards his sister. His mom just smiling.

"My name's Emily, by the way. I'm Alex's younger sister, I think I saw you coming up the stairs yesterday evening. I'm twenty" she says, reaching her hand out. Her hair is messy and her gem pierced belly button and a little bit of her panties is kinda showing when she reaches out for a hand shake, I shake her hand and smile.

"Hi" I smile, completing the hand shake. She's attractive, I'll admit, but I've already got a girlfriend.

Her mother turns on the TV in the living room, changing the channel onto some morning church service.

Alex walks over and to me and taps me on the shoulder.

"So, you wanna go see around town after breakfast Matt?" He says.

"Yeah, that would be cool" I say.

I have breakfast with the family, filling up on eggs, toast, coffee, bacon, which tastes more like back bacon than American bacon.

Me, Alex, and Emily get in the car. Me being in the passenger's front seat and Emily in the back.

"I've been really listening to this band called Franz Ferdinand" Alex says, as he backs away from the house and drives off.

"Yeah, I've heard Take Me Out. I've been following that new band The Killers though, I'm planning on taking my girlfriends to one of their concerts whenever they come to Charlotte" I say.

"Do you guys ever listen to anything other than alternative rock?" I hear Emily say in the backseat, the car reaches our first stop light.

I notice how there's some of the same fast food places (McDonald's, Burger King, Subway, Pizza Hut, etc) and some brand places I've never seen before, Tesco, ASDA, Greggs.

"I mean yeah" I say.

They drive me around, we go inside places like Tesco and they introduce me to all these different candies and cookies, and to the park and all that. We get lunch at some hole in the wall chicken place, that they tell me are everywhere in the UK. It tasted alright, but nothing really worth writing home about.

"But yeah, Cadbury beats Hershey's ass by far" I say, it's about near 3pm.

Before I can do anything else, I feel myself shrinking rapidly in the seat. I scream, Alex screams, and Emily screams in terror. Luckily we were on a motorway so no one saw me shrink, but Alex did kinda make a hard swerve.

"WHAT THE FUCK??" I scream, looking at how everything and everyone is so big to me.

"Holy Shit, HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT" screams Alex, who I feel is going faster.

"OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO YOU?" Emily leans over her seat scream, picking me up, my ear drums feel like their about to burst with how loud she's screaming.

"YOU THINK I KNOW?" I say, Emily's big blue eyes focusing on me, I see the fear in it up close. There's a couple small bumps of acne on her face that I haven't really noticed before, they look like the size of potholes at my size.

"OKAY, OKAY, RELAX" I hear Alex say, you can actually hear his Manchester accent come out when scared. I notice.

"How are we going to break this to mum and dad?" Emily says.

"I'll figure something out on the drive home, but as of right now just hide Matt. We can't let anyone see him" Alex says, right after he says that I hear the car slowing down the regular speed.

Emily puts me on the floor of the car, I'm face to face with her open toed sandals, all of her toes painted hot pink. Her feet don't smell that bad, actually.

I lay still as I can, the floor of Alex's car is pretty clean, asides from a old Lion bar wrapper from probably a year ago, judging on how faded the wrapper is. It's the size of a bed to me

I hear Alex turn the radio, the announcer announcing that this BBC Radio 1, the song Float On by Modest Mouse starting.

The ride home (Or at least I can tell by Emily getting frantic) was alright, I felt all the stops and turns more than usual. I hear the car creak up in front of the house, the song "Buck Rogers" by the band Feeder play, a band really only popular in the UK but nowhere else, it's one of the bands Alex told me he likes on Myspace.

He turns the car off, taking the keys out and placing them in his pocket, the car is dead silent when he does this. He looks back at Emily.

"Okay, listen. I want you, Emily, to put Matt in between your breasts-No I'm not doing that" Alex starts off but Emily cuts him off.

"Okay, where do you suggest then? Your hair? He'll fall out of that?" Alex says, sounding a bit frustrated.

"I've got a idea..." Emily says, I see a devilish grin on her face.

"Emily, he has a girlfriend" Alex says, annoyed

"No not THERE, I mean my mouth" Emily says annoyed.

"Oh, well I mean. Are you alright with that Matt?" Alex says.

"I mean, better than being found out I guess" I say.

I feel Emily grab me off of the ground, she brushes me off. I see her mouth open, she has actually pretty good looking teeth, despite the British Stereotype, I feel the her moist, wet breath reaching out to me. I can see the back of her throat and her uvula, she places me on her tongue and closes her mouth. The inside of her mouth smelling like chocolate from the Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate bar she had. It's dark and damp inside inside Emily's mouth.

"I guess that solves the problem for right now. Just let me do all the talking and for fuck's sake Emily, DON'T SWALLOW MATT." He says, sounding really serious at the end of that sentence.

I feel her shake her head yes as they both get out of the car. I feel each step Emily takes as she walks behind Alex.

I hear the door open Alex and Emily walk in.

"Where's the yank?" I hear their mom say.

"Marie!" her husband say.

"I mean, it's all Bush's fault, Gerald" I hear her say.

"But anyways where is Matthew, that bloke?" I hear their father say.

"He found new accommodations, he'll only be back here to grab his stuff." I hear Alex say.

"Oh, well alright then, Sunday roast will be ready in 10 minutes" I hear their mother say.

"Alright mum" Alex says, I feel Emily march after him

They both go up the steps and into Emily's room, I feel her spit me out onto her bed. Her room colored pink and stuff like nail polish and feminine hygiene products on her dressers and drawers, her room also smells of incense.

"Okay, so what do we do now?" Emily asks Alex, looking at him.

"I think we should probably-SUNDAY ROAST IS READY" I hear Alex start off but his mother calls out.

Emily grabs me and places me in her mouth again, swallowing me, everything happens so fast I can't even understand what's happening.

"What the fuck Emily?" Alex says, you can hear he's really upset but he's trying to be quiet for no one downstairs can hear.

"He'll survive, trust me, now lets eat" I hear Emily say, as I feel her walk out of the room, the acids in her belly sloshing me a little bit.
Chapter End Notes:
Yeah, I bet you guys weren't expecting that to happen. I'll put a new chapter out on Saturday, this one took me all day to write. The only reason this chapter is as long as it is due to me wanting to not take so many chapters until the giantess stuff comes into play. It would be boring for you guys I'd imagine, so that's why it's as long as it is.