- Text Size +
“Honey?” Cassie called as she approached the bathroom door, her right foot stomping down onto the carpet just shy of the threshold.
“Honey,” She called again, knocking gently with her knuckles before reaching for the doorknob, “the ma—”
Cassie nearly ran face-first into the door; she was surprised to find it locked! Nick almost never locked it when they were alone in the apartment. Apparently, he wanted his privacy this morning, or at least that’s what Cassie figured.
“Nick?” she called louder putting her ear to the door, hearing his music blaring over the running shower. “Honey, if you can hear me, I just saw mail truck stop by. I’m gonna go out and grab the mail, OK?”

A few seconds beforehand, Nick was sure that Cassie’s huge foot landing on the carpet would’ve been the end of him, but amazingly, despite her tremendous size compared to his, she hadn’t outright squished him. He was still alive, though DEFINITELY NOT OK.
Nick had, luckily, ended up beneath the fleshy area of Cassie’s sole just behind the ball of her foot, greatly reducing the amount of weight pushing down on him. Unfortunately, there was still plenty of weight pressing his tiny figure into the plush carpet, which was causing him to sink into the soft, sticky flesh of her sole.
Nick screamed muffled cries for help, straining to move, but his wife’s hot, sweaty sole completely engulfed his tiny body, and his arms and legs completely pinned, splayed out in all directions. To make matters worse, each fleeting, labored breath for air he took was filled with the stench of feet, and he was quickly running out of precious air...

“I’ll be back in a bit,” Cassie said as she stepped away from the bathroom door, heading back to the living room.
When her foot finally departed from its spot on the floor, the carpet fibers, which had been flattened beneath its weight, slowly began returning to their normal, erect posture.
Nick, however, was nowhere to be found.
Cassie momentarily stopped off in the bedroom to throw on a pair of shorts, then stomped back through the living room towards the front door.
Before heading outside, Cassie quickly slipped on a spare pair of flip-flops, which she kept by the front door. She never realized that as she lifted her right foot and carefully slipped into her sandal, her tiny husband was plastered face-first to the underside of her sole, screaming for help as he desperately struggled to free himself; nor did she feel his presence when she nonchalantly pressed her foot into the memory-foam-cushioned sole, almost squashing him then and there as she struggled to situate the strap comfortably between her toes...
Completely unaware of Nick’s current plight, Cassie finished slipping on her other flip-flop, then headed out the front door.

Cassie‘s flip-flops smacked her bare heels as she casually walked along the concrete sidewalk to the communal area where the complex’s mailboxes were kept.
Nick, however, was in constant agony, his cries for mercy completely muffled as he was continuously pressed into the soft cushion of the flip-flop’s sole with each step of Cassie’s right foot, and the loud smacks of the flip-flop striking her heel behind him only added to his constant dread of being crushed, smacked to death, swatted like an insignificant bug.
Cassie quickly stepped up to the large, metal unit which contained her mailbox and slipped in her key, fiddling with the lock until it opened.
“Hey, Cassie,” a familiar voice called out.
Cassie looked to her right, seeing a young woman coming towards her.
“Hey Jen,” Cassie called back, “How’re you this morning?”
Jenny Brooks was a friendly acquaintance of Cassie’s who lived in another part of the apartment complex. She stood just a hair taller than Cassie, at 5’7”, but had a slightly slimmer frame, with light-brown, wavy hair falling just past her shoulders. The two girls had met when the Robbins first moved in, and had bonded after running into each other after several times in passing, even going out for coffee and girl-talk once or twice. Seeing one another when getting the mail wasn’t an uncommon occurrence.
“I’m fine,” Jenny said, reaching the mailboxes, “What’re you up to?”
“Oh, nothin’ much,” Cassie remarked offhandedly, with a shrewd smile. “Just checkin’ the mail.”
“Yeah, me too,” Jenny giggled. “Imagine that.”
Cassie giggled right back.
“Hey, I wanted to show you some new tops I bought at the mall the other day.” Jenny said, modeling her blouse. “What do you think?”
“Cute!” Cassie said exuberantly, admiring Jenny‘s top.
“$10 each!”
“Seriously?!” Cassie exclaimed.
“I know, right?” Jenny commented.

“NO, CASSIE! DON’T STOP TO TAL—MLMRMMM!”
Poor Nick. No sooner had he managed to push his face free from Cassie’s sole, her weight suddenly shifted into her right foot. The tiny man screamed in agony as the pressure on his body suddenly increased tremendously, smashing him firmly between the fleshy sole above, and the cushioned sole below.

“That looks really nice!” Cassie commented, leaning closer to get a better view of the blouse’s material. “You sure got a great deal!”.
“I know,” Jenny explained, “I just couldn’t pass them up! You should come over so I can show the rest of them to you.”
“Sure, maybe later,” Cassie replied. “I was working out this morning, so I still need to shower and get cleaned up. Nick’s in the shower right now, so I’m waiting for him to get done.”
“Ah,” Jenny nodded. “How is Nick, by the way?”
“Oh, he’s fine,” Cassie replied, flicking her hand. “He’s just been trying to get some exercise lately.”
“Yeah, I’ve seen him out jogging once or twice,” Jenny shrugged. “What, is he tryin’ to get in shape?”
“Yeah, something like that,” Cassie said. “Honestly, I think it’s more of an excuse for him to get out of the apartment.”
“Ah,” Jenny uttered, cracking a smile.
“But hey, if it gets him out of the house, I’m all for it!” Cassie chuckled, shifting the weight off her right foot and resting the toe of her flip-flop on the ground slightly behind her.

Nick finally had a well-needed reprieve from the immense pressure Cassie’s foot had put on his tiny body, but he was still plastered to her sticky sole, and now, he was upside down, cursing and struggling like mad to push himself free, or at least free his face so he could breathe.

“Yeah, I understand,” Jenny replied, sharing a laugh, “I’ve been tryin’ to get out of the apartment once in a while, too. Otherwise, I’d go stir crazy!”
“Yeah, tell me about it!” Cassie chortled, tapping the toe of her upturned flip-flop on the ground.

“MRMM! CMRSM! STMPF!” Nick screamed as his body was violently shaken up and down, his brain bouncing around his skull with each impact of Cassie’s foot with the ground.

“Trust me, I wish things were a little less crazy around our place, too,” Cassie continued.
“Why?” Jenny chuckled, “Has Nick been driving you nuts?”
“Well, kinda,” Cassie admitted hesitantly. “Things have just been kinda....well, tense between us lately.”
“Oh? How so?” Jenny inquired.
“Well, we’ve had a few....disagreements.”
“Nothing BIG, I hope,” Jenny said, showing concern.
“No, just....little things,” Cassie said apprehensively diverting her eyes, wishing she’d found a different way of putting her last statement.
“Really?! Like what?” Jenny probed inquisitively.
“Oh, I-I don’t wanna get into the details,” Cassie said defensively, slipping her right foot slightly out of her flip-flop, her toes fidgeting with the soft, memory-foam-cushioned sole. “Let’s just say we’re having our fair share of....‘little’ problems.”

Thankfully, Cassie’s fidgeting and toe wiggling had loosened her sole’s grasp on Nick’s face. As he finally peeled his head from her flesh, Nick inhaled a huge gasp of fresh air, though it still reeked of foot funk.
“CASSIE!” He shouted, coughing to clear the foul-smelling air from his lungs. “CASSIE, HELP!”

“Well, try not let things get you down too much,” Jenny shrugged. “You know what they say: ‘Don’t sweat the small stuff’.”
“Yeah,” Cassie sighed, averting her gaze, “Unfortunately, Jen, it’s the ‘small stuff’ I’m worried about.”
“Are things really that bad between the two of you?” Jenny asked concernedly.
“Oh, it’s nothing THAT serious,” Cassie quickly reassured her. “Well, it IS....kinda....I-I guess it’s a little hard to explain.”
“Well, try,” Jenny urged. “You can tell me.”
“Well, let’s just say that Nick’s been going through some....stuff lately, and it’s really been putting a strain on our marriage.” Cassie admitted hesitantly, scrunching and flexing her foot to work out a tiny cramp, unaware that as she was stretching and compressing not only the skin on her sole, but her poor, tiny husband along with it, who was currently screaming bloody murder for her to stop.
“Well,” Jenny shrugged, trying to cheer up her melancholy friend. “every married couple I know goes through their fair share of troubles. Just try not to let things bother you too much.”
“Yeah,” Cassie replied, mumbling audibly under her breath. “Easier said than done.”
“Incidentally, what—if you don’t mind me asking—has Nick so bothered?” Jenny inquired. “Is it work stress?”
“No, it’s more....personal.”
“Oh!” Jenny uttered, slightly embarrassed. “I see.”
“Oh, it’s nothing like THAT,” Cassie quickly clarified, not wanting Jenny to get the wrong idea. “What I mean is: he’s....well, struggling to get some things under control.”
“...And it’s making things hard for you,” Jenny nodded.
“Exactly!” Cassie exclaimed, Jenny having no idea just how right she was. “And it’s kinda causing him...well, BOTH of us some stress.”
“Well, if it’s nothing major,” Jenny said, “I’m sure things’ll work out fine.”
“Yeah,” Cassie sighed, averting her gaze yet again, “I hope so.”
“Well, he probably doesn’t mean to make things difficult for you,” Jenny offered. “Maybe he just feels like he’s under a lot of pressure, you know?”
“Yeah,” Cassie lamented, biting her lip as she put her foot back down onto the cushioned center of her flip-flop, “but honestly, Jen, I think a lot of that pressure is MY fault.”

“CASSIE, PLE—EEEEEEEmmmmphf!” Nick yelped as Cassie’s sole impacted her flip-flop again, resuming his muffled screams of agony as he was once again pressed deeply into the memory-foam cushion.

“Oh, Cass,” Jenny said, trying to console her friend, “don’t be so hard on yourself. I’m sure you mean well, and if you think you’re being too hard on him, just ease up a bit. I’m sure everything’ll be fine.”
“Yeah,” Cassie sighed heavily. “Unfortunately, Jen, I don’t think it’s that simple. I didn’t realize just HOW much pressure I was putting on him.”
“W-What do ya mean?” Jenny shrugged, shaking her head with confusion.
“Well, the other day, when I came home from work,” Cassie began, “I hurt my back getting out of the car.”
“Ooh, I’m sorry, sweetie!” Jen offered her sympathy.
“Yeah,” Cassie continued, “a-and when Nick saw how much pain I was in, he was nice enough to give me a massage, pop my back, you know, made me feel better...”
“OK,” Jenny shook her head with confusion again, “I-I’m still not understanding the problem.”
“Well, when I thanked him for rubbing me down, he seemed surprised, like he wasn’t expecting me to say ‘thank you’. He kept talking like he was shocked that I’d ever let him give me a massage.”
“Huh,” Jenny uttered. “Really?”
“Yeah,” Cassie nodded, “a-and then afterwards, when I...”
Cassie paused for a moment, lowering her voice and talking through gritted teeth:
“...REALLY tried to ‘thank him’, if you know what I mean...”
“Yeah, I know what you mean,” Jenny chortled.
“Well, he was so sad. I mean, he acted like he didn’t expect me to be intimate with him. Like, I honestly think that HE thought that we’d NEVER be intimate ever again. Like, he thought I didn’t love him anymore!”
“Oh!” Jenny exclaimed.
“You should’ve seen how depressed he was, Jen! I mean, sure, I’ve been upset with him lately, but I...I didn’t think...”
Cassie began to choke up, wiping a tear from her eye.
“Hey,” Jenny said apathetically, moving in to hug her friend, “Sweetie, it’s OK.”
Cassie leaned forward into her friend’s arms, shifting the weight to the front of her feet, unaware she had just increased the pressure on the poor, tiny Nick tenfold, who was now screaming in agony even more, begging for Cassie to stop, literally on the verge of being squished.
“I don’t want him to resent me,” Cassie sobbed, burying her face in Jenny’s shoulder.
“Oh, sweetie, I’m sure Nick doesn’t resent you!” Jenny replied, rubbing her hand up and down Cassie’s back to comfort her. “I’m sure that no matter what you’ve been through, deep down, I’m sure he still loves you.”
“I hope so,” Cassie squeaked, crying full-on now.
“Hey, I’m sure things will get better,” Jenny said, rocking her side to side, unaware she was also putting Cassie’s tiny husband through even greater torture.
“Maybe he just feels you’re weren’t giving him enough attention lately,” Jenny suggested. “Some guys just really crave attention. They just want you to notice them.”
“I....I just don’t wanna lose him,” Cassie said softly, her eyes closed.
“Oh, honey, I’m sure you won’t,” Jenny said, putting her hands on Cassie’s arms and staring her in the face. “Look, I’m sure he’s just been feeling like you’ve been distant lately. Just give him some attention, show him you still love him....and I’m sure things will be fine, OK?”
“OK,” Cassie nodded with a sniffle.
“Well, if you need me, you know where to find me,” Jenny said “Feel free to call me, or just drop by anytime. Come over this afternoon if you want, and we can talk some more about it.”
“I’d like that,” Cassie said softly, nodding and cracking a smile. “Well, I’d....better get to back. Nick’ll probably be wondering where I am.”
“OK,” Jenny said, opening her mailbox. “Like I said, just stop by this afternoon if you want, OK?”
“I will,” Cassie said. “Thanks, Jen.”
“No problem,” Jenny said, turning to walk away.
Cassie sighed, finished grabbing the mail from her box, shut and locked the door, then turned and headed back to her own building.

Despite all of the torture he’d been put through, and focusing on not being crushed under the weight of his wife’s foot while of the girls were talking , Nick had still been able to listen and comprehend the gist of their conversation. His heart felt so heavy, filled with emotions of love, sadness, empathy, and thankfulness. It was such a relief for him to know that Cassie still loved him despite what he’d put her through, and felt so sorry for making her worry so much.
“Oh, Cassie,” he lamented aloud. “Sweetheart, I still love you! I don’t resent you! I LOVE YOU, CASSIE! CASSIE, I’M RIGHT HERE! I’M DOWN HERE—AAAAAACK!”
Even as Cassie began walking back to their apartment, and he began shouting for help all over again, Nick’s heart was still with her. He just hoped his BODY would be at the end of it all.
Unfortunately, the strain of resisting Cassie’s foot and dealing with the hodgepodge of emotions had sapped all of his energy, and before Cassie even made it halfway back to their apartment, Nick slipped into unconsciousness, with no guarantee he’d ever awaken again.

By the time Cassie got back to the apartment, she felt completely drained, physically and emotionally. She quickly kicked off her flip-flops and made her way to the couch, setting the mail on the side table, then plopped her ass down onto the sofa cushion, kicking her bare feet up onto the ottoman. She leaned back and shut her eyes for a moment, practically falling asleep right hen and there as she tried to regain her strength.

Nick was barely conscious, still stuck spread-eagle just below the ball of Cassie’s right foot, with slight, involuntary jerks and unconscious muscle spasms the only indications he was still alive, as if his body was autonomously trying to push itself off his wife’s giant, wrinkled sole.

As Cassie lay in silence, concentrating on her breathing, the sound of the shower suddenly registered in her conscious mind. She opened her eyes and rolled her head towards the hallway, wondering why Nick was still in the shower.
“Nick?” she called, lifting her head. “Nick, are you still showering?”
Receiving no answer, Cassie sighed, pushing the ottoman away with her feet so she could stand up...
“OOH!” she exclaimed, feeling a tinge of pain in her right foot. Figuring the combination of working out that morning, and standing while talking with Jenny had taken its toll on her poor feet, Cassie immediately placed her right leg across her lap and began massaging her sole with her hands.

Nick was suddenly awoken by an immense pressure pressing down on his back. At first, he didn’t know where he was or what was happening, but when he tried lifting his head, he quickly remembered being stuck to the bottom of Cassie’s foot. He resumed his muffled screams, pleading for Cassie to stop, but her giant hands kept massaged over him, pressing him even deeper into her fleshy sole.
Nick’s face was now pushed so deep into her flesh that he couldn’t breathe. He flailed his arms wildly, writhing in pain, desperately struggling to peel himself from his wife’s sweaty sole, but with each pass of her fingers, he could feel his bones cracking, and his body suddenly stretching uncomfortably…

At first, Cassie didn’t see her tiny husband stuck to her sole, as a fleeting glimpse was all she had before her hands covered him up. Then, out of the blue, she suddenly felt something under her hand, as if it appeared out of nowhere. She gasped, immediately checking her foot...
There, plastered facedown in the middle of her sole, was Nick, about half an inch tall!
“EEK!” Cassie squealed with surprise, brushing her hand across the bottom of her foot without thinking!
Nick’s tiny body went flying across the room, landing in the carpet a few feet in front of the TV.
Cassie‘s eyes went wide, realizing what she’d just done!
Then, Cassie‘s eyebrows lowered; her mouth turned down. She slowly and deliberately stood up from the couch, stepping carefully across the carpet towards the area around where she thought her tiny husband’s body had landed...

Nick had just come to his senses when saw Cassie‘s giant, bare feet stomping towards him. They stopped right in front of his position in the carpet, narrowly avoiding stepping on him.
He turned his gaze skyward; his jaw dropped in utter awe at the sight of his wife’s enormous figure before him.
To his complete surprise, Cassie was staring directly down at him.
Did she see him?!
“CASSIE, DOWN HERE!” he shouted up, waving his arms.
Cassie‘s gaze was cold and icy; she placed firmly on her hips.
“C—Cassie?!” Nick squeaked apprehensively, unsure if she thought he was a bug.
Then, Cassie‘s right foot slowly raised up into the air, its wrinkled sole flexing and scrunching menacingly, and toes wiggling ominously overhead.
Nick’s face suddenly contorted in horror as Cassie’s foot began descending.
The tiny man scrambled to his feet, narrowly diving out of the way as the huge foot crashed down onto the floor with a loud BOOM!
“CASSIE, STOP!” he screamed. “WAIT! IT’S ME, NICK! I’M NOT A BUG!”
Cassie’s huge foot quickly rose into the air again, honing in on his position as it came back down. Nick took another running leap, just barely getting out of the way as Cassie‘s toes crashed to the ground right in front of him. He began scooting back frantically on his butt as he gazed at the giantess moving above, his eyes locked directly onto her’s.
In that moment, Nick realized the horrible truth:
Cassie was trying to squash him!