- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This Chapter was added the same time as "Robyn's Trap!" if you're returning reader, start there.

Lyssa


Being back in the material realm felt wrong to Lyssa as she sat with her sisters. As the de facto ruler of the realm of death, Lyssa had become attuned to the universal balance. The balance between the twelve realms, and the symbiotic relationship between the material and ethereal realms. She spoke clearly and slowly, “The realm of death is much like yours, the souls pass from the material into the ethereal, here their soul energy is distributed into the ascended realm.” She was trying to keep the metaphysics simple as she created a floating image of several globes before her. 


“A steady flow of life force from the material realm converts into spirit energy in my realm, which is the primary nutrients of those in the ascended realm. The ascended realm is the source of your divine power,”  she said as Cassi raised her hand. Lyssa nodded to her as Cassi pointed at the swirling images. “So it's a cycle, a closed-loop?” she said with a nod of her head. Lyssa shook her head but couldn’t think of an easy explanation, “Basically, there are a lot of other factors, another nine realms have various influences but the simplest explanation is that of a closed-loop.” 


Sarah and Cassi looked at each other with a wide-eyed confusion as Lyssa surged on, “The problem is you, Sarah, unfortunately, you are the valve with which the spirit energy must flow.”, The Green Goddess nodded as she considered, “Life? I create a life by drawing spirit energy from...the ascended plane right?” Lyssa nodded in confirmation as she skewed the sizes of the realms. Then she crunched the material plane to the size of a marble, the ascended plane ballooning out of control. 


The Grey Goddess let her voice drop into a dark tone as she spoke, Charlotte has returned as the Goddess of the Material realm, she is snuffing out life at an alarming rate, with no way of replenishing it, as you still hold the power of life from her.” Sarah’s hand came to her mouth as she watched the material plane image continue to shrink and diminish. She looked over to Lyssa, “You want me to return the power to her? She’ll kill me...She’s an evil incarnate.” The three women sat in silence for a long moment before Lyssa finally spoke, “No, I wouldn’t wish that on anyone, I was her slave to remember...I believe I can buy you some time to freely use your powers in the material world, Together with Cassi, you can inject life back into the material realm, restore balance to the universe. In return for this, I can use the boundary of my realm to shield both of you and your daughters from Charlotte’s senses.”


Cassi twirled her hair as she examined the images of a universe in peril. Turning to Sarah she sighed, “It’s not really a choice, If we don’t help the universe will end, Granted that would be preferable to getting caught by Charlotte.” Sarah couldn’t help but smirk at the thought as she nodded, “Agreed, Lyssa, If you get us a window, We’ll help fix the balance.”


Lyssa let out a sigh of relief as she turned to her former sisters as she stood. “That’s good to hear, Cassi, You’re going to need to re-absorb this little pocket universe of yours, You’ll need your full power to do what needs to be done.” Cassi nodded, “Once my daughter is correctly ascended, I will reconstitute my power, Where are we staying while we wait?”


Sarah giggled as she spoke, “We’ve got an apartment in New Valis, It’s one of Charlotte’s favourites so it’s fairly safe, the Last place she would think to find us.” Cassi nodded, mild confusion as she didn’t recognise the name of the world. “Very well, Under your protection, we can still live like Goddesses at least?” 


Lyssa nodded, “Keep your pocket universes all you like but keep your power isolated on the material realm, You two can make your own worlds to rule over while you wait for Charlotte to get bored again.”


The Three women took each other’s hands and pulled together for an embrace as Lyssa faded.

-- This Story resumes in "New Valis - Goddess Charlotte's Universe"
-- Cleo will Return.


 

 

Chapter End Notes:


--


If you feel generous and want to add a chapter to this, request your own story, or just toss me a penny for moral support! Then have a glance at my ko-fi
https://ko-fi.com/justfortribute